PDA

View Full Version : How to Prevent Cats Scratching Furniture


javawizard
March 6th 07, 02:03 AM
If your kitty-cat scratches up valuable furniture, tape balloons to
it. The cat will never scratch there again. - from www.odd-info.com

Cheryl
March 6th 07, 02:30 AM
On Mon 05 Mar 2007 09:03:45p, javawizard wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav <news:1173146625.456481.90580
@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>:

> If your kitty-cat scratches up valuable furniture, tape balloons to
> it. The cat will never scratch there again. - from www.odd-info.com
>
>

This is the funniest suggestion I've seen yet! Kudos! LOL

--
Cheryl
/thinking of making everyday a birthday celebration

Lynne
March 6th 07, 02:51 AM
on Tue, 06 Mar 2007 02:30:58 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

> On Mon 05 Mar 2007 09:03:45p, javawizard wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav <news:1173146625.456481.90580
> @v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>:
>
>> If your kitty-cat scratches up valuable furniture, tape balloons to
>> it. The cat will never scratch there again. - from www.odd-info.com
>
> This is the funniest suggestion I've seen yet! Kudos! LOL

It's funny, but it's not safe. Latex ballons can cause asphyxiation when
pieces are inhaled (such as when they pop in front of an open mouth). It's
happened to children with very tragic results (brain damage and death), and
that is why they are not allowed in Children's Hospitals. I'm sure it
could also happen to a cat. Don't take the risk.

--
Lynne

Cheryl
March 6th 07, 03:08 AM
On Mon 05 Mar 2007 09:51:26p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> It's funny, but it's not safe. Latex ballons can cause
> asphyxiation when pieces are inhaled (such as when they pop in
> front of an open mouth). It's happened to children with very
> tragic results (brain damage and death), and that is why they
> are not allowed in Children's Hospitals. I'm sure it could also
> happen to a cat. Don't take the risk.

Oh, I know, Lynne. I thought it was a joke post.

--
Cheryl

cindys
March 6th 07, 03:15 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
...
> on Tue, 06 Mar 2007 02:30:58 GMT, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon 05 Mar 2007 09:03:45p, javawizard wrote in
>> rec.pets.cats.health+behav <news:1173146625.456481.90580
>> @v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>:
>>
>>> If your kitty-cat scratches up valuable furniture, tape balloons to
>>> it. The cat will never scratch there again. - from www.odd-info.com
>>
>> This is the funniest suggestion I've seen yet! Kudos! LOL
>
> It's funny, but it's not safe. Latex ballons can cause asphyxiation when
> pieces are inhaled (such as when they pop in front of an open mouth).
> It's
> happened to children with very tragic results (brain damage and death),
> and
> that is why they are not allowed in Children's Hospitals. I'm sure it
> could also happen to a cat. Don't take the risk.
----------
This is why I never allow/allowed balloons in my house. One swipe of the
claw, and the balloon is popped. Now, kitty has a new playtoy - a broken
balloon aka known as a kitty choking hazard (along with rubber bands - also
not allowed in my house).
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Lynne
March 6th 07, 03:24 AM
on Tue, 06 Mar 2007 03:08:14 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

> Oh, I know, Lynne. I thought it was a joke post.

I laughed at the idea, too, but the trouble is that some people who read
this ng will think it's real advice, so I had to post.

--
Lynne