PDA

View Full Version : Cat kneading and BALANCING on me

Alissa
March 10th 07, 04:41 PM
Hi all.

I have a 3 year old Persian cream boy named Cooper who is just a
pleasure. Over the past few weeks he has developed this very strange
behavior. Every night, while i am laying on my side sleeping, he
crawls on top of the covers, up my legs and balances on my shoulder.
I am small framed and he is about 13 lbs so this is not an easy act
for him. So while he is balancing on my shoulder, he starts
kneading , purring and breathing in my face.
I understand the kneading and find it adorable. The balancing part is
what i find strange and hard to sleep thru. He does this several times
a night sometimes for up to an hour.
Any insight? Please repsond to .
Thanks!
Alissa

Cat Protector
March 11th 07, 07:16 AM
He just wants to be with you. Why analyze it?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Alissa" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi all.
>
> I have a 3 year old Persian cream boy named Cooper who is just a
> pleasure. Over the past few weeks he has developed this very strange
> behavior. Every night, while i am laying on my side sleeping, he
> crawls on top of the covers, up my legs and balances on my shoulder.
> I am small framed and he is about 13 lbs so this is not an easy act
> for him. So while he is balancing on my shoulder, he starts
> kneading , purring and breathing in my face.
> I understand the kneading and find it adorable. The balancing part is
> what i find strange and hard to sleep thru. He does this several times
> a night sometimes for up to an hour.
> Any insight? Please repsond to .
> Thanks!
> Alissa

Alissa
March 11th 07, 04:43 PM
On Mar 11, 3:16´┐Żam, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> He just wants to be with you. Why analyze it?
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!www.panthertekit.com"Alissa" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > Hi all.
>
> > I have a 3 year old Persian cream boy named Cooper who is just a
> > pleasure. *Over the past few weeks he has developed this very strange
> > behavior. *Every night, while i am laying on my side sleeping, he
> > crawls on top of the covers, up my legs and balances on my shoulder.
> > I am small framed and he is about 13 lbs so this is not an easy act
> > for him. *So while he is balancing on my shoulder, he starts
> > kneading , purring and breathing in my face.
> > I understand the kneading and find it adorable. *The balancing part is
> > what i find strange and hard to sleep thru. He does this several times
> > a night sometimes for up to an hour.
> > Any insight? *Please repsond to .
> > Thanks!
> > Alissa- Hide quoted text -

thanks. Yes - i do know that...hard to sleep when have your kitty
desperatley trying to balance on your shoulder and arm while
sleeping. Love him to pieces and the kneading and purring i find
adorable - the balancing is tough and i woould never kick him out.

22brix
March 11th 07, 04:58 PM
"Alissa" > wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 11, 3:16?am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> He just wants to be with you. Why analyze it?
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer
> Needs!www.panthertekit.com"Alissa" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > Hi all.
>
> > I have a 3 year old Persian cream boy named Cooper who is just a
> > pleasure. Over the past few weeks he has developed this very strange
> > behavior. Every night, while i am laying on my side sleeping, he
> > crawls on top of the covers, up my legs and balances on my shoulder.
> > I am small framed and he is about 13 lbs so this is not an easy act
> > for him. So while he is balancing on my shoulder, he starts
> > kneading , purring and breathing in my face.
> > I understand the kneading and find it adorable. The balancing part is
> > what i find strange and hard to sleep thru. He does this several times
> > a night sometimes for up to an hour.
> > Any insight? Please repsond to .
> > Thanks!
> > Alissa- Hide quoted text -

thanks. Yes - i do know that...hard to sleep when have your kitty
desperatley trying to balance on your shoulder and arm while
sleeping. Love him to pieces and the kneading and purring i find
adorable - the balancing is tough and i woould never kick him out.

One of my cats does this also. Clover's a big cat, too. He seems to do it
primarily in a frenzy of affection--he is so happy to see me!. He's not
doing it as much as he used to--maybe Cooper will settle down as he gets
older. You might want want to gently reposition him--set him down beside
you and pet him and repeat! He might get the idea. He sounds like a real
sweetheart.

Bonnie

Captain Bob
March 13th 07, 08:21 PM
On 10 Mar 2007 08:41:16 -0800
"Alissa" > wrote:

> I understand the kneading and find it adorable. The balancing part is
> what i find strange and hard to sleep thru.

This is one of the most wonderful and intimate times I have with My
Tania. She is a 35Lb Female Main Coon, with 6 razor-sharp claws on each
paw!

At bedtime every night she joins me in bed; there she performs this
ritual behavior, where she head-buts my face and then turns away while I
stroke her back and gently pull on her tail as she goes..... then while
I am on my back under the quilt, she settles in-between my right arm and
my body, and begins this wonderful kneading on my right shoulder.
Gurgle-Purring wet-nosing, mouth-nosing, and jouling my face at the same
time. She and I are in total bliss; and I fall asleep during this
"massage". If I wake up at night, it is because she is beside me
whimpering and dreaming.

I have developed callouses on my shoulder, where her claws have
punctured me so many times, the skin has become hard and
Tania-Resistant.

In the morning, when I get out of bed, Tania first asks, then jumps on
my right shoulder, balancing there perfectly while I brew my
morning coffee.

Give me a fine CAT any day, they are phenomenal friends!!

Bob

--
/"\
\ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Motor Vessel Tamara B