PDA

View Full Version : Onions, one more time...

Barry
March 12th 07, 08:23 AM
I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.

>From what I've read, onions cause anemia? Is this reversible? It
effects their red blood cells?

I won't do that no more.

Barry

IBen Getiner
March 12th 07, 08:45 AM
On Mar 12, 2:23?am, "Barry" > wrote:
> I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
> Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
> had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.
>
> >From what I've read, onions cause anemia? Is this reversible? It
>
> effects their red blood cells?
>
> I won't do that no more.
>
> Barry
Cats don't need your feminine-style concern. They've been taking car
of themselves for thousands of years. Millions, in fact. They
routinely dine from the scraps taken from dumpster and garbage cans,
yet here you come... posting your immature left-wing lunacy. You're a
nut. Leave the ****ing cat alone to eat what she wants. You're the one
with the problem here. Feminized twerp.

IBen Getiner

Barry
March 12th 07, 09:47 AM
On Mar 12, 2:45 am, "IBen Getiner" > wrote:

> Cats don't need your feminine-style concern. They've been taking car
> of themselves for thousands of years. Millions, in fact. They
> routinely dine from the scraps taken from dumpster and garbage cans,
> yet here you come... posting your immature left-wing lunacy. You're a
> nut. Leave the ****ing cat alone to eat what she wants. You're the one
> with the problem here. Feminized twerp.

Here's what I'm hearing...

"Barry, you are challenging me to take better care of my cat"

Barry

MaryL
March 12th 07, 11:04 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
> Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
> had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.
>
>>From what I've read, onions cause anemia? Is this reversible? It
> effects their red blood cells?
>
> I won't do that no more.
>
> Barry

Yes, onions can be harmful to cats, but I wouldn't worry about a single
event such as you described. I think the problem occurs when they are
permitted to ingest onions over a period of time. I try to avoid *all* use
of onions around my cats, but I also don't get concerned if they
accidentally get a little of my leftovers that were cooked with onions.

MaryL

IBen Getiner
March 12th 07, 11:30 AM
On Mar 12, 5:04�am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
> > Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
> > had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.
>
> >>From what I've read, onions cause anemia? Is this reversible? It
> > effects their red blood cells?
>
> > I won't do that no more.
>
> > Barry
>
> Yes, onions can be harmful to cats, but I wouldn't worry about a single
> event such as you described. *I think the problem occurs when they are
> permitted to ingest onions over a period of time. *I try to avoid *all* use
> of onions around my cats, but I also don't get concerned if they
> accidentally get a little of my leftovers that were cooked with onions.
>
> MaryL

EVERYTHING is harmful to your cat....

cindys
March 12th 07, 01:11 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 12, 2:45 am, "IBen Getiner" > wrote:
>
>> Cats don't need your feminine-style concern. They've been taking car
>> of themselves for thousands of years. Millions, in fact. They
>> routinely dine from the scraps taken from dumpster and garbage cans,
>> yet here you come... posting your immature left-wing lunacy. You're a
>> nut. Leave the ****ing cat alone to eat what she wants. You're the one
>> with the problem here. Feminized twerp.
>
> Here's what I'm hearing...
>
> "Barry, you are challenging me to take better care of my cat"
----------
No, Barry, what he's saying is that he's a major Usenet troll and his
behavior on this group is apparently not going to be any different from his
behavior on other groups. It would be best if everyone would just ignore
him. DNFTT (Do not feed the troll).
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
March 12th 07, 02:30 PM
On 12 Mar, 10:04, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
> > Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
> > had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.
>
> >>From what I've read, onions cause anemia? Is this reversible? It
> > effects their red blood cells?
>
> > I won't do that no more.
>
> > Barry
>
> Yes, onions can be harmful to cats, but I wouldn't worry about a single
> event such as you described. I think the problem occurs when they are
> permitted to ingest onions over a period of time. I try to avoid *all* use
> of onions around my cats, but I also don't get concerned if they
> accidentally get a little of my leftovers that were cooked with onions.
>
> MaryL

This is a new one to me..
I have never heard of this one before & I am now starting to worry
about it because Lilly is always begging for hoomins left overs...!!!

We feed her on a regular diet of Iams which is left down all the time
for grazing purposes, & half a can of cat food a day...
But she *knows* when there is a roast in the oven, & *Demands* her
share of the kill after our meal. Inevitably there is normally an
onion floating around in the pan, whether it be up the parsons nose in
a chicken, or surrounding the lamb, pork or beef, which we eat quite
regularly......

Can anyone explain why it is toxic to them & whether I should stop
allowing her to have any?
Thanks,
S;o)

MaryL
March 12th 07, 02:51 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 12 Mar, 10:04, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
> wrote:
>> "Barry" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...
>>
>> >I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
>> > Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
>> > had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.

>> > effects their red blood cells?
>>
>> > I won't do that no more.
>>
>> > Barry
>>
>> Yes, onions can be harmful to cats, but I wouldn't worry about a single
>> event such as you described. I think the problem occurs when they are
>> permitted to ingest onions over a period of time. I try to avoid *all*
>> use
>> of onions around my cats, but I also don't get concerned if they
>> accidentally get a little of my leftovers that were cooked with onions.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> This is a new one to me..
> I have never heard of this one before & I am now starting to worry
> about it because Lilly is always begging for hoomins left overs...!!!
>
> We feed her on a regular diet of Iams which is left down all the time
> for grazing purposes, & half a can of cat food a day...
> But she *knows* when there is a roast in the oven, & *Demands* her
> share of the kill after our meal. Inevitably there is normally an
> onion floating around in the pan, whether it be up the parsons nose in
> a chicken, or surrounding the lamb, pork or beef, which we eat quite
> regularly......
>
> Can anyone explain why it is toxic to them & whether I should stop
> allowing her to have any?
> Thanks,
> S;o)

Here are a few links that describe toxicity in cats from onions. I don't
think an occasional treat of leftovers cooked with onions would hurt, but I
would not make it a regular practice -- and I would certainly take care to
remove any visible pieces of onion.
http://www.vetinfo4cats.com/ctoxin.html
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/humanfood.htm
http://www.monkeymaddness.com/articles/onions.html

MaryL

Matthew
March 12th 07, 03:15 PM
Barry I just had to remind my elderly mother last night. She knows to check
the label to make sure it has nothing to do with onions. She put down a
open empty can for the cats of parmesan potatoes lick; it had onion powder
in the ingredients. I looked at her and said did you check the label, She
said she forgot to. I told her you got to pay attention you might be an old
fart like me but you mind is still sharp. She went out to the pantry and
put red stickers on everything that has onions in it. I told her don't worry
the cats don't need human food anyways and they don't need the cans to lick.
But it is hard to change a stubborn woman that is set in her ways. I may
need the stun gun to prove my point or it is time for a nursing home :^)

"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
> Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
> had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.
>
>>From what I've read, onions cause anemia? Is this reversible? It
> effects their red blood cells?
>
> I won't do that no more.
>
> Barry

sheelagh
March 12th 07, 03:46 PM
Wow..!!
I knew about all of the other one's , but not the onion one though...
Looks like poor old Lilly will have to stick to the occasional Sunday
roast for now on then...

Boy, she is going to be fed up with me... but then again, it is all my
fault for allowing her to have her share of the kill regarding left
overs.
I can see a few hissy flicks of that brown tail coming & me being sent
to Coventry too.

<we will not be amused with our slave>!!!!
Thanks,
S;o)

MaryL
March 12th 07, 04:07 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Wow..!!
> I knew about all of the other one's , but not the onion one though...
> Looks like poor old Lilly will have to stick to the occasional Sunday
> roast for now on then...
>
> Boy, she is going to be fed up with me... but then again, it is all my
> fault for allowing her to have her share of the kill regarding left
> overs.
> I can see a few hissy flicks of that brown tail coming & me being sent
> to Coventry too.
>
> <we will not be amused with our slave>!!!!
> Thanks,
> S;o)

Why not cut off a small slice and cook it separately for Lilly? That would
not involve any extra work, and Lilly could continue to enjoy her "special
dishes."

MaryL

cindys
March 12th 07, 04:09 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Wow..!!
> I knew about all of the other one's , but not the onion one though...
> Looks like poor old Lilly will have to stick to the occasional Sunday
> roast for now on then...
>
> Boy, she is going to be fed up with me... but then again, it is all my
> fault for allowing her to have her share of the kill regarding left
> overs.
> I can see a few hissy flicks of that brown tail coming & me being sent
> to Coventry too.
----------
Try giving her a piece from the innermost part of the roast where the gravy
was less likely to penetrate. Alternately/additionally, put Lilly's piece
under the faucet for a bit and wash off all the gravy. Granted, it might be
less appealing to her that way, but like I always tell my little furrballs:
"Life is rough when you're a cat." (When my sons were little and didn't get
their way, I would always tell them: "Life is rough when you're two years
old."
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

bookie
March 12th 07, 04:56 PM
wrote:
> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
> > Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
> > had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.
>
> >>From what I've read, onions cause anemia? Is this reversible? It
> > effects their red blood cells?
>
> > I won't do that no more.
>
> > Barry
>
> Yes, onions can be harmful to cats, but I wouldn't worry about a single
> event such as you described. I think the problem occurs when they are
> permitted to ingest onions over a period of time. I try to avoid *all* use
> of onions around my cats, but I also don't get concerned if they
> accidentally get a little of my leftovers that were cooked with onions.
>
> MaryL

i didn't know about that, I knew that tuna in large quantites was bad
for them, also raw liver shoudl only be given occasionally but nothing
about onions. never thought about giving them onions anyway, i was
sure they would turn their furry little noses up at it.

bookie

Matthew
March 12th 07, 05:02 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 12 Mar, 10:04, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
> wrote:
>> "Barry" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...
>>
>> >I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
>> > Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
>> > had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.

>> > effects their red blood cells?
>>
>> > I won't do that no more.
>>
>> > Barry
>>
>> Yes, onions can be harmful to cats, but I wouldn't worry about a single
>> event such as you described. I think the problem occurs when they are
>> permitted to ingest onions over a period of time. I try to avoid *all*
>> use
>> of onions around my cats, but I also don't get concerned if they
>> accidentally get a little of my leftovers that were cooked with onions.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> i didn't know about that, I knew that tuna in large quantites was bad
> for them, also raw liver shoudl only be given occasionally but nothing
> about onions. never thought about giving them onions anyway, i was
> sure they would turn their furry little noses up at it.
>
> bookie

It is not just onions but onion powder check your label you will be
surprised how much stuff has it in it.

sheelagh
March 12th 07, 05:15 PM
> Try giving her a piece from the innermost part of the roast where the gravy
> was less likely to penetrate. Alternately/additionally, put Lilly's piece
> under the faucet for a bit and wash off all the gravy. Granted, it might be
> less appealing to her that way, but like I always tell my little furrballs:
> "Life is rough when you're a cat." (When my sons were little and didn't get
> their way, I would always tell them: "Life is rough when you're two years
> old."
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Things are looking slightly more optimistic now, lol;o)

Your very right when you say that "life is tough when you are a pussy
cat"...
Lilly just head butted me & forgave me I think...
These cats are sooo hard done by that you wouldn't believe it....!!

I must try the one about children in a few minutes.
I will most certainly let you know whether it worked or not, Roflol;o)

Why not cut off a small slice and cook it separately for Lilly? That
would
not involve any extra work, and Lilly could continue to enjoy her
"special
dishes."

MaryL
I will Mary, thank you for the advice too.
PS: Mathew, Paul is going through the kitchen cupboards now... You are
right, there are onions in Loads of things, isn't there ( the only
problem is that I can't get Paul to part with beloved gravy granules,
So I will just have to remain extra vigilant from now on..
..Anyway, Paul values certain parts of anatomy enough, not to make the
mistake even once, lol)
S;o)

bookie
March 12th 07, 06:36 PM
On 12 Mar, 16:02, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On 12 Mar, 10:04, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
> > wrote:
> >> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> >> Yes, onions can be harmful to cats, but I wouldn't worry about a single
> >> event such as you described. I think the problem occurs when they are
> >> permitted to ingest onions over a period of time. I try to avoid *all*
> >> use
> >> of onions around my cats, but I also don't get concerned if they
> >> accidentally get a little of my leftovers that were cooked with onions.
>
> >> MaryL
>
> > i didn't know about that, I knew that tuna in large quantites was bad
> > for them, also raw liver shoudl only be given occasionally but nothing
> > about onions. never thought about giving them onions anyway, i was
> > sure they would turn their furry little noses up at it.
>
> > bookie
>
> It is not just onions but onion powder check your label you will be
> surprised how much stuff has it in it.- Hide quoted text -

well i dont eat meat myself anyway so she doesn't get titbits from my
plate, she woudl not be interested. the only extras either of them get
are things like slices of roast chicken i buy fromthe deli counter for
them, not in gravy, just dry, ham, some raw liver occassionally,
although jessie is not as keen as jasper was.
i do give them tuna, tinned, which again is bought special for them
and i get the stuff in brine or spring water.

dont; think they would be interested in my vegetable pasta bakes or my
penne in pesto sauce somehow,although toffee ice cream leftovers does
sometimes get a sniff and a small lick

Patty
March 12th 07, 07:41 PM
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:09:35 -0400, cindys wrote:

> Try giving her a piece from the innermost part of the roast where the gravy
> was less likely to penetrate. Alternately/additionally, put Lilly's piece
> under the faucet for a bit and wash off all the gravy. Granted, it might be
> less appealing to her that way, but like I always tell my little furrballs:
> "Life is rough when you're a cat." (When my sons were little and didn't get
> their way, I would always tell them: "Life is rough when you're two years
> old."
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

I just have to mention this here.... When my boys have insisted on having
something off my plate, I have cut a small piece, put it in my mouth and
sucked off all the gravy, etc. I know it sounds gross, but they have never
minded. I guess it's like those other animals who pre-chew the food for
their young. ;)

Patty

mlbriggs
March 12th 07, 07:48 PM
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:15:00 -0400, Matthew wrote:

> Barry I just had to remind my elderly mother last night. She knows to check
> the label to make sure it has nothing to do with onions. She put down a
> open empty can for the cats of parmesan potatoes lick; it had onion powder
> in the ingredients. I looked at her and said did you check the label, She
> said she forgot to. I told her you got to pay attention you might be an old
> fart like me but you mind is still sharp. She went out to the pantry and
> put red stickers on everything that has onions in it. I told her don't worry
> the cats don't need human food anyways and they don't need the cans to lick.
> But it is hard to change a stubborn woman that is set in her ways. I may
> need the stun gun to prove my point or it is time for a nursing home :^)
> ====
IMHO you are much too young for that!
======

> "Barry" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
>> Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
>> had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.
>>
>>>From what I've read, onions cause anemia? Is this reversible? It
>> effects their red blood cells?
>>
>> I won't do that no more.
>>
>> Barry

Matthew
March 12th 07, 08:02 PM
I was talking about MOM not me ;-)
It is a threat that annoys the heck out of her
And for me My phrases is I am too old for this [email protected]

"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:15:00 -0400, Matthew wrote:
>
>> Barry I just had to remind my elderly mother last night. She knows to
>> check
>> the label to make sure it has nothing to do with onions. She put down a
>> open empty can for the cats of parmesan potatoes lick; it had onion
>> powder
>> in the ingredients. I looked at her and said did you check the label,
>> She
>> said she forgot to. I told her you got to pay attention you might be an
>> old
>> fart like me but you mind is still sharp. She went out to the pantry and
>> put red stickers on everything that has onions in it. I told her don't
>> worry
>> the cats don't need human food anyways and they don't need the cans to
>> lick.
>> But it is hard to change a stubborn woman that is set in her ways. I may
>> need the stun gun to prove my point or it is time for a nursing home :^)
>> ====
> IMHO you are much too young for that!
> ======
>>
>> "Barry" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>>I accidentally let LB (that's Lucy Bunny... she's a nym shifter) and
>>> Jupiter have my rib scraps the other night. Afterward I remembered I
>>> had cooked these ribs with a small onion in the skillet.

>>> effects their red blood cells?
>>>
>>> I won't do that no more.
>>>
>>> Barry

Barry
March 12th 07, 08:23 PM
On Mar 12, 12:36 pm, "bookie" > wrote:

> well i dont eat meat myself anyway so she doesn't get titbits from my
> although toffee ice cream leftovers does
> sometimes get a sniff and a small lick

I think that's hypocritical
you eat ice cream but not the cow

you just don't eat meat, as this is just one more **** you to society
lMAO

GO BOOKIE

HOW CAN YOU NOT EAT MEAT

THE HELL IS WRONG WITH A BIG BLOODY FILET?

you must not work up a man sized appetite

how can you feel you have even eaten if you don't have a huge slab of
dinosaur

crazy

Barry
March 12th 07, 08:28 PM
On Mar 12, 9:15 am, "Matthew" > wrote:
> Barry I just had to remind my elderly mother last night.

See, the old folks (most of them) come from a time when they didn't
actually buy pet food, the pets ate what the humans didn't. They came
from harder times.

So! here comes a myrid of old practice.

Good working knowledge has simply ushered in a better way.

Like leftover chicken bones. I don't know any old folks who would NOT
give them to their cats and dogs.

I told this once, I had a customer who fed a stray daily. One day..
the raggly cat came to eat and she gave it a plate full of salty ham
scraps. lots of fat and salt you know.. I said to myself.. this is
going to kill the cat. (incidently, I had given her a bag of cat
food).. anyway.. after that plate of salty ham.. she never saw the cat
again.

Albeit in her mind, she had done right by the cat.

People! we must be willing and ready to change our "old skool"
practices as we get better knowledge of the facts. lol

LOL MATT!!!!

Now, the hell are you doing hanging out in grannies kitchen? Eating
strawberries and licking spoons? lmao

Barry
March 12th 07, 08:31 PM
On Mar 12, 9:46 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> <we will not be amused with our slave>!!!!
> Thanks,
> S;o)

I think onions take a toll over time. It builds up in them, it causes
acute anemia, from what I read.

Red blood cells carry oxygen throughout the body, onions somehow lower
red blood cell capacity to do this. The symptoms are a lethargic tired
cat. they are not getting enough oxygen.

Barry

Matthew
March 12th 07, 09:10 PM
DON'T MAKE ME TAKE YOU OUT TO THE WOODSHED FOR A GOOD OLD SWITCHIN'

And yes Barry people used to give animals what they ate but back than look
at the ingredients back than. Than look in some of the cans foods today.
There is so much [email protected] in stuff now a days makes you wonder why cancer and
other diseases are run rampant. I remember when we ate when I was young.
You made a plate of the whatever meat you were eating to give to the cats.
Unless you wanted mutiny on you're hands. Back than are cats were both in
and outside but we lived on a arm and the nearest neighbor was miles away
and vehicles were not dominant on the roads

I asked my mom earlier about how long cats lived back when she was young
that oldest was about 10. She lost a few cats to anesthia while dental
cleanings or neutering many years ago. The Barn cats came and went there
was a colony on the property back than we are talking 70 years ago most
farms had a few running around to control the vermin

"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 12, 9:15 am, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> Barry I just had to remind my elderly mother last night.
>
> See, the old folks (most of them) come from a time when they didn't
> actually buy pet food, the pets ate what the humans didn't. They came
> from harder times.
>
> So! here comes a myrid of old practice.
>
> Good working knowledge has simply ushered in a better way.
>
> Like leftover chicken bones. I don't know any old folks who would NOT
> give them to their cats and dogs.
>
> I told this once, I had a customer who fed a stray daily. One day..
> the raggly cat came to eat and she gave it a plate full of salty ham
> scraps. lots of fat and salt you know.. I said to myself.. this is
> going to kill the cat. (incidently, I had given her a bag of cat
> food).. anyway.. after that plate of salty ham.. she never saw the cat
> again.
>
> Albeit in her mind, she had done right by the cat.
>
> People! we must be willing and ready to change our "old skool"
> practices as we get better knowledge of the facts. lol
>
> LOL MATT!!!!
>
> Now, the hell are you doing hanging out in grannies kitchen? Eating
> strawberries and licking spoons? lmao

cindys
March 12th 07, 09:30 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 12, 12:36 pm, "bookie" > wrote:
>
>> well i dont eat meat myself anyway so she doesn't get titbits from my
>> although toffee ice cream leftovers does
>> sometimes get a sniff and a small lick
>
> I think that's hypocritical
> you eat ice cream but not the cow
--------
How so? Maybe she thinks eating meat is unhealthy or doesn't like the taste.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

> you just don't eat meat, as this is just one more **** you to society
> lMAO
>
> GO BOOKIE
>
> HOW CAN YOU NOT EAT MEAT
>
> THE HELL IS WRONG WITH A BIG BLOODY FILET?
>
> you must not work up a man sized appetite
>
> how can you feel you have even eaten if you don't have a huge slab of
> dinosaur
>
> crazy

mlbriggs
March 12th 07, 09:58 PM
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:02:10 -0400, Matthew wrote:

> I was talking about MOM not me ;-)
> It is a threat that annoys the heck out of her
> And for me My phrases is I am too old for this [email protected]
>
> "mlbriggs" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:15:00 -0400, Matthew wrote:
>>
>>> Barry I just had to remind my elderly mother last night. She knows to
>>> check
>>> the label to make sure it has nothing to do with onions. She put down a
>>> open empty can for the cats of parmesan potatoes lick; it had onion
>>> powder
>>> in the ingredients. I looked at her and said did you check the label,
>>> She
>>> said she forgot to. I told her you got to pay attention you might be an
>>> old
>>> fart like me but you mind is still sharp. She went out to the pantry and
>>> put red stickers on everything that has onions in it. I told her don't
>>> worry
>>> the cats don't need human food anyways and they don't need the cans to
>>> lick.
>>> But it is hard to change a stubborn woman that is set in her ways. I may
>>> need the stun gun to prove my point or it is time for a nursing home :^)
>>> ====
>> IMHO you are much too young for that!
>> ======
>>>
>>> "Barry" > wrote in message
>>> ups.com...

Really, Matthew, that was a poor attempt at a joke. Please excuse. MLB

Matthew
March 12th 07, 10:39 PM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:02:10 -0400, Matthew wrote:
>
>> I was talking about MOM not me ;-)
>> It is a threat that annoys the heck out of her
>> And for me My phrases is I am too old for this [email protected]

>>> IMHO you are much too young for that!
>>> ======

> Really, Matthew, that was a poor attempt at a joke. Please excuse. MLB

who me or you?;-)
I think both of us are to old for this [email protected] ;-)

bookie
March 13th 07, 12:22 AM
On 12 Mar, 19:23, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Mar 12, 12:36 pm, "bookie" > wrote:
>
> > well i dont eat meat myself anyway so she doesn't get titbits from my
> > although toffee ice cream leftovers does
> > sometimes get a sniff and a small lick
>
> I think that's hypocritical
> you eat ice cream but not the cow
>
> you just don't eat meat, as this is just one more **** you to society
> lMAO
>
> GO BOOKIE
>
> HOW CAN YOU NOT EAT MEAT
>
> THE HELL IS WRONG WITH A BIG BLOODY FILET?
>
> you must not work up a man sized appetite
>
> how can you feel you have even eaten if you don't have a huge slab of
> dinosaur
>
> crazy

never liked the taste of it anyway, just doesn't tickle my tastebuds,
but if you really want to think I do it to be annoying and wind you up
then that's ok, whatever!

i don't like tomatoes much either, and i hate coconut in anything, is
that going to be a problem for you too?

bookie
March 13th 07, 12:28 AM
On 12 Mar, 20:10, "Matthew" > wrote:
> DON'T MAKE ME TAKE YOU OUT TO THE WOODSHED FOR A GOOD OLD SWITCHIN'
>
> And yes Barry people used to give animals what they ate but back than look
> at the ingredients back than. Than look in some of the cans foods today.
> There is so much [email protected] in stuff now a days makes you wonder why cancer and
> other diseases are run rampant. I remember when we ate when I was young.
> You made a plate of the whatever meat you were eating to give to the cats.
> Unless you wanted mutiny on you're hands. Back than are cats were both in
> and outside but we lived on a arm and the nearest neighbor was miles away
> and vehicles were not dominant on the roads
>
> I asked my mom earlier about how long cats lived back when she was young
> that oldest was about 10. She lost a few cats to anesthia while dental
> cleanings or neutering many years ago. The Barn cats came and went there
> was a colony on the property back than we are talking 70 years ago most
> farms had a few running around to control the vermin
>
> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On Mar 12, 9:15 am, "Matthew" > wrote:
> >> Barry I just had to remind my elderly mother last night.
>
> > See, the old folks (most of them) come from a time when they didn't
> > actually buy pet food, the pets ate what the humans didn't. They came
> > from harder times.
>
> > So! here comes a myrid of old practice.
>
> > Good working knowledge has simply ushered in a better way.
>
> > Like leftover chicken bones. I don't know any old folks who would NOT
> > give them to their cats and dogs.
>
> > I told this once, I had a customer who fed a stray daily. One day..
> > the raggly cat came to eat and she gave it a plate full of salty ham
> > scraps. lots of fat and salt you know.. I said to myself.. this is
> > going to kill the cat. (incidently, I had given her a bag of cat
> > food).. anyway.. after that plate of salty ham.. she never saw the cat
> > again.
>
> > Albeit in her mind, she had done right by the cat.
>
> > People! we must be willing and ready to change our "old skool"
> > practices as we get better knowledge of the facts. lol
>
> > LOL MATT!!!!
>
> > Now, the hell are you doing hanging out in grannies kitchen? Eating
> > strawberries and licking spoons? lmao- Hide quoted text -

yes I think cats must live much longer these days due to 2 things;
better vet/medical care and better (and more) nutrition. ok yes there
is a lot of crap in some cat foods but when my mum was little they
had cats and they didn't buy special food for them at all, just gave
them what was left over fromthe table, and no cat lived much past 10
years old. now cats are living well into their teens, such as my
jessie (currently supervising my typing from the comfort of the
radiator hammock, after havgin had a plateful of cold roast chicken as
a pre bedtime snack) who is about 17 or 18 years old and still going
fairly strong.

also i thinkn many people in my mum's day didn;t really keep cats as
pets as such but as vermin control devices so providing vet care for
them was unheard of and giving them special care and attention did nto
really happen. these days cats are pets and we treat them like family
members (as it shoudl be) and consider their welfare and comfort much
more than was previosuly the case, or at least it seems that way to
me.

I think if a cat lived to jessie's age 50 years ago it was a rarity

bookie

bookie
March 13th 07, 12:36 AM
On 12 Mar, 20:10, "Matthew" > wrote:
> DON'T MAKE ME TAKE YOU OUT TO THE WOODSHED FOR A GOOD OLD SWITCHIN'
>
> And yes Barry people used to give animals what they ate but back than look
> at the ingredients back than. Than look in some of the cans foods today.
> There is so much [email protected] in stuff now a days makes you wonder why cancer and
> other diseases are run rampant. I remember when we ate when I was young.
> You made a plate of the whatever meat you were eating to give to the cats.
> Unless you wanted mutiny on you're hands. Back than are cats were both in
> and outside but we lived on a arm and the nearest neighbor was miles away
> and vehicles were not dominant on the roads
>
> I asked my mom earlier about how long cats lived back when she was young
> that oldest was about 10. She lost a few cats to anesthia while dental
> cleanings or neutering many years ago. The Barn cats came and went there
> was a colony on the property back than we are talking 70 years ago most
> farms had a few running around to control the vermin
>
> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On Mar 12, 9:15 am, "Matthew" > wrote:
> >> Barry I just had to remind my elderly mother last night.
>
> > See, the old folks (most of them) come from a time when they didn't
> > actually buy pet food, the pets ate what the humans didn't. They came
> > from harder times.
>
> > So! here comes a myrid of old practice.
>
> > Good working knowledge has simply ushered in a better way.
>
> > Like leftover chicken bones. I don't know any old folks who would NOT
> > give them to their cats and dogs.
>
> > I told this once, I had a customer who fed a stray daily. One day..
> > the raggly cat came to eat and she gave it a plate full of salty ham
> > scraps. lots of fat and salt you know.. I said to myself.. this is
> > going to kill the cat. (incidently, I had given her a bag of cat
> > food).. anyway.. after that plate of salty ham.. she never saw the cat
> > again.
>
> > Albeit in her mind, she had done right by the cat.
>
> > People! we must be willing and ready to change our "old skool"
> > practices as we get better knowledge of the facts. lol
>
> > LOL MATT!!!!
>
> > Now, the hell are you doing hanging out in grannies kitchen? Eating
> > strawberries and licking spoons? lmao- Hide quoted text -

it must be noted though that any cats we had as a child were always
treated to the very best by my mum who woudl buy full cream milk just
for them, creme fraiche too (cos they liked it apparantly, tastes grim
to me), and commercial cat food obviously. She pobviously had more
than an idea of hwo to look after cats despite what had been the norm
when she was a kid so not all 'old folks' are totally set in their
ways.

also for the record she now lives inthe south of france and regularly
buys food, dry usually to leave out for the local stray cats who seem
to congregate outside her front door most mornings. The local say that
these cats have got much plumper since my mum moved down there. The
local french people there do not understand why she feeds them at all,
they do nto really giev too much of a damn for animals in france,
except dogs, which they take everywhere (and I mean everywhere;
restaurants, supermarkets, hairdressers, little toy dogs like
chihuahuas, annoying yappy things).
the locals see these stray cats as vermin and a nuisance, some even
think they should be shot (which is odd cos that is what i think we
should do to most french people) and don't get why anyone would want
to set up a shelter to 'rescue' them.

different strokes for different folks

Barry
March 13th 07, 05:20 AM
On Mar 12, 6:22 pm, "bookie" > wrote:

> never liked the taste of it anyway, just doesn't tickle my tastebuds,
> but if you really want to think I do it to be annoying and wind you up
> then that's ok, whatever!
>
> i don't like tomatoes much either, and i hate coconut in anything, is
> that going to be a problem for you too?

You're right about coconut, the more you chew it the bigger it gets.
It just won't go away.

Far as the rest? No, seeing that you don't like tomatoes, I like you
forever now. I HATE a tomato.You're off the hook.

I do like things made from tamatoes, sauces etc.. just not fresh
tomato.

Still Barry

22brix
March 13th 07, 05:30 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 12, 6:22 pm, "bookie" > wrote:
>
>> never liked the taste of it anyway, just doesn't tickle my tastebuds,
>> but if you really want to think I do it to be annoying and wind you up
>> then that's ok, whatever!
>>
>> i don't like tomatoes much either, and i hate coconut in anything, is
>> that going to be a problem for you too?
>
> You're right about coconut, the more you chew it the bigger it gets.
> It just won't go away.
>
> Far as the rest? No, seeing that you don't like tomatoes, I like you
> forever now. I HATE a tomato.You're off the hook.
>
> I do like things made from tamatoes, sauces etc.. just not fresh
> tomato.
>
> Still Barry

Oh Barry,

You're missing one of summer's greatest delights. Garden ripe tomatoes diced
with lots of garlic, chopped basil, olive oil over pasta and feta cheese!
Truly wonderful! Or thinly sliced on pizza or pita bread or what have you
sprinkled with a little fresh parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, a little olive
oil and broiled. Heavenly!

Bonnie

sheelagh
March 13th 07, 07:21 AM
> yes I think cats must live much longer these days due to 2 things;
> better vet/medical care and better (and more) nutrition. ok yes there
> is a lot of crap in some cat foods but when my mum was little they
> had cats and they didn't buy special food for them at all, just gave
> them what was left over fromthe table, and no cat lived much past 10
> years old. now cats are living well into their teens, such as my
> jessie (currently supervising my typing from the comfort of the
> radiator hammock, after havgin had a plateful of cold roast chicken as
> a pre bedtime snack) who is about 17 or 18 years old and still going
> fairly strong.
>
> also i thinkn many people in my mum's day didn;t really keep cats as
> pets as such but as vermin control devices so providing vet care for
> them was unheard of and giving them special care and attention did nto
> really happen. these days cats are pets and we treat them like family
> members (as it shoudl be) and consider their welfare and comfort much
> more than was previosuly the case, or at least it seems that way to
> me.
>
> I think if a cat lived to jessie's age 50 years ago it was a rarity
>
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

I lived in Africa, but distinctly remember coming home on leave to
stay @ my grandma's in Yorkshire (UK), where her cat used to bring
home his kill every day, which was normally rabbit...

(She lived on a farm & rented our most of the land to Birds Eye who
grew vegetables, Where I was sent to pinch them on a daily basis
whilst we stayed there I might add!!)

We used to get the rabbit for dinner, to go with the vegetables, &
Grandma used to buy smoked haddock for the cat, whilst we made do with
bunny stew or Jugged hare, lol!!

It used to drive my mother potty that we had to eat the rabbit that
the cat brought home, whilst the cat got cream from the cows, & the
best fish available from the fish man who called once a week.
The other favourite I can remember that she used to give to her
beloved cat, was a half sucked squares of chocolate, straight from her
own mouth to the cats, who used to take it off her tongue..This also
sent my mother into a case of near terminal apoplexy too, because
chocolate was a rare thing in Africa @ that time (& still is, come to
that)...

I think she felt this way because her parents owned a farm too, where
she grew up, but they only ever had a a few cats to ensure that the
grain stores were kept free of mice and rats..So It was an utterly
alien concept to her that the cat was fed better than the humans were,
lol;o)

<mutter, mutter, you should tell your mother that this extremely
unhealthy Ross, frankly it is disgusting, next year we are going to my
parents, ect, lol>
I loved it there, & that cat too, because my mother wouldn't entertain
the idea @ all..!!

Apparently dad had two siamese cats too, well before I was born, but
he was told that they had to go when I turned up
It must have been heart breaking for my dad;o(

One was called Ping, & the other called Pong... I wonder why...?
S;o)

sheelagh
March 13th 07, 07:23 AM
> [...]

that)...

I think she felt this way because her parents owned a farm too, where
she grew up, but they only ever had a a few cats to ensure that the
grain stores were kept free of mice and rats..So It was an utterly
alien concept to her that the cat was fed better than the humans were,
lol;o)

<mutter, mutter, you should tell your mother that this extremely
unhealthy Ross, frankly it is disgusting, next year we are going to my
parents, ect, lol>
I loved it there, & that cat too, because my mother wouldn't entertain
the idea @ all..!!

Apparently dad had two siamese cats too, well before I was born, but
he was told that they had to go when I turned up
It must have been heart breaking for my dad;o(

One was called Ping, & the other called Pong... I wonder why...?

March 13th 07, 11:57 AM
On Mar 12, 11:30 pm, "22brix" > wrote:

> Oh Barry,
>
> You're missing one of summer's greatest delights. Garden ripe tomatoes diced
> with lots of garlic, chopped basil, olive oil over pasta and feta cheese!
> Truly wonderful! Or thinly sliced on pizza or pita bread or what have you
> sprinkled with a little fresh parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, a little olive
> oil and broiled. Heavenly!
>
> Bonnie

You almost persuade me! Specially w/ the fresh herbs and feta.
With a little olive oil? hmmm

Still... Barry

22brix
March 13th 07, 04:15 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Mar 12, 11:30 pm, "22brix" > wrote:
>
>> Oh Barry,
>>
>> You're missing one of summer's greatest delights. Garden ripe tomatoes
>> diced
>> with lots of garlic, chopped basil, olive oil over pasta and feta cheese!
>> Truly wonderful! Or thinly sliced on pizza or pita bread or what have
>> you
>> sprinkled with a little fresh parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, a little
>> olive
>> oil and broiled. Heavenly!
>>
>> Bonnie
>
> You almost persuade me! Specially w/ the fresh herbs and feta.
> With a little olive oil? hmmm
>
> Still... Barry

You absolutely have to have ripe garden tomatoes (grocery store tomatoes
bear no resemblance to the real thing). And lots of fresh garlic. One of
my favorite summer meals! Ya gotta try it, at least once! But wait til you
can get really good tomatoes!

Bonnie

Terry O'Connel
March 19th 07, 11:48 AM
IBen Getiner (the wimpy whiner) wrote:
> Cats don't need your feminine-style concern. They've been taking car
> of themselves for thousands of years. Millions, in fact. They
> routinely dine from the scraps taken from dumpster and garbage cans,
> yet here you come... posting your immature left-wing lunacy. You're a
> nut. Leave the ****ing cat alone to eat what she wants. You're the one
> with the problem here. Feminized twerp.
>
> IBen Getiner

Cat owners don't need your fascist-style concern either.

Lynne
March 19th 07, 02:55 PM
on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:48:49 GMT, Terry O'Connel >
wrote:

> Cat owners don't need your fascist-style concern either.

or you, following this guy around and shrieking...

--
Lynne

22brix
March 19th 07, 03:05 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:48:49 GMT, Terry O'Connel
> >
> wrote:
>
>> Cat owners don't need your fascist-style concern either.
>
> or you, following this guy around and shrieking...
>
> --
> Lynne

Good point! Wish everyone would just killfile him.

Bonnie

IBen Getiner
March 20th 07, 04:42 AM
On Mar 12, 7:11?am, "cindys" > wrote:
> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...> On Mar 12, 2:45 am, "IBen Getiner" > wrote:
>
> >> Cats don't need your feminine-style concern. They've been taking car
> >> of themselves for thousands of years. Millions, in fact. They
> >> routinely dine from the scraps taken from dumpster and garbage cans,
> >> yet here you come... posting your immature left-wing lunacy. You're a
> >> nut. Leave the ****ing cat alone to eat what she wants. You're the one
> >> with the problem here. Feminized twerp.
>
> > Here's what I'm hearing...
>
> > "Barry, you are challenging me to take better care of my cat"
>
> ----------
> No, Barry, what he's saying is that he's a major Usenet troll and his
> behavior on this group is apparently not going to be any different from his
> behavior on other groups. It would be best if everyone would just ignore
> him. DNFTT (Do not feed the troll).
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

That is not very fair, CindyZ and you know it. From the first, I have
tried to fit in and post only what I thought might benefit other cat
lovers. But time and time again, I am met with the same jeers of
illogical blind hatred. Hatred because I am perceived by the tiny
narrow minds in here as a 'racists'. Not that they have any proof that
I am indeed what they say that I am. But the truth was never fear's
strong point. And that's what it is. Fear... plain and simple. Fear of
the truth. Because we live in a time where the truth must be silenced
if it does not line up with the left's evil, hedious agenda.
I am therefore hated without reason. But I do not give up so easily.
Call me troll... call me Hitler... call me Jefferson Davis. I don't
mind! But remember.... I can sling a little mud, too. Yet even then, I
am met with postings like yours, CindyZ. More lies doled out just be-
****ing-cause I defend myself!
You all know I have and love a cat. I have gone to great lengths to
describe our unique relationship to all who would but harken an ear.
But still IBen is the big bad wolf.
I don't care anymore... Go ahead.. Call me what you will. Do your
worst.. But I will NOT be intimidated. I am here for the long haul.

ibEN gETINER

Terry O'Connel
March 20th 07, 10:40 AM
IBen Getiner wrote:
> On Mar 12, 7:11?am, "cindys" > wrote:

>>>Here's what I'm hearing...
>>
>>>"Barry, you are challenging me to take better care of my cat"
>>
>>----------
>>No, Barry, what he's saying is that he's a major Usenet troll and his
>>behavior on this group is apparently not going to be any different from his
>>behavior on other groups. It would be best if everyone would just ignore
>>him. DNFTT (Do not feed the troll).
>>Best regards,
>>---Cindy S.
>

> That is not very fair, CindyZ and you know it. From the first, I have
> tried to fit in and post only what I thought might benefit other cat
> lovers. But time and time again, I am met with the same jeers of
> illogical blind hatred. Hatred because I am perceived by the tiny
> narrow minds in here as a 'racists'. Not that they have any proof that
> I am indeed what they say that I am. But the truth was never fear's
> strong point. And that's what it is. Fear... plain and simple. Fear of
> the truth. Because we live in a time where the truth must be silenced
> if it does not line up with the left's evil, hedious agenda.
> I am therefore hated without reason. But I do not give up so easily.
> Call me troll... call me Hitler... call me Jefferson Davis. I don't
> mind! But remember.... I can sling a little mud, too. Yet even then, I
> am met with postings like yours, CindyZ. More lies doled out just be-
> ****ing-cause I defend myself!
> You all know I have and love a cat. I have gone to great lengths to
> describe our unique relationship to all who would but harken an ear.
> But still IBen is the big bad wolf.
> I don't care anymore... Go ahead.. Call me what you will. Do your
> worst.. But I will NOT be intimidated. I am here for the long haul.
>

> ibEN gETINER

IBen is following the book "How to be a troll for dummies", one of the
troll tricks is to act like a victim when a troll is being criticized.

You just can't write anything without insulting someone or promoting
your racism.

Let's look at *some* of your earlist posts.

****************************
<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_thread/thread/a7f25f2b0326dbbe/f58e20d999d6a291?lnk=st&q=lappcatt%40aol.com&rnum=793#f58e20d999d6a291>
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sender: (IBen Getiner)
Date: 29 Feb 2004 15:38:51 -0800
Subject: Re: For Those Who Want To Peacefully Discuss Cats

Silly little coward. You never could stand up to a fight..

IBen Getiner
****************************

Your very first archived post. You came here to fight calling people
names. Note the subject "Those Who Want To Peacefully Discuss Cats".
You've made yourself clear right from the start.

****************************
<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_thread/thread/e5a1a323b2ff48e7/6f8c1619a5b2cd0d?lnk=st&q=lappcatt%40aol.com&rnum=765#6f8c1619a5b2cd0d>
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sender: (IBen Getiner)
Date: 4 Mar 2004 01:37:48 -0800
Subject: Re: ? About Neutering

Cruel beast. Listen to the alarming nonchalant way that this person
reels off the details of the horror. You people are insane. You claim
to love your pets but just listen to yourselves! Just think about what
you're doing. You're twisting a cat royally in the worse conceivable
way and you're keeping your Vet vacationing in the Caribbean during
the summer. That's what you're doing.

IBen Getiner

****************************

You came here to call people names and to insult them. Yet you can't
take any insults yourself, let alone ignore them.

****************************
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sender: (IBen Getiner)
Date: 2 Mar 2004 01:31:04 -0800

Neutering is a barbaric and totally unnecessary procedure. Another
example of what the abortion-minded hypocritical left will do in the
name of science and 'good will'.

You people are all monsters, I tell you. Hideous monsters.

IBen Getiner

****************************

You came here to mix politics with taking care of cats. Later revealing
that you're a hideous KKK monster.

****************************
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sender: (IBen Getiner)
Date: 5 Mar 2004 20:22:01 -0800
Subject: Re: unusual behavior problem

Don't let this go on. Nip it at the bud. Don't be a feminized ninny
like all the other guyz who post in here. That's my advice. If you
wear the ballz in the faimily like I do, you'll take it.

IBen Getiner

****************************

You came here to promote chauvenism. You may wear balls but they're not
yours.

***

You think that you're a some kind of a manly man, but you're nothing but
a wimpy whiner who has turned out to be a racist, facist, chauvenist,
homophobe, uncivilized trailer park redneck.

Here you are with the one you call your "wife":
<http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/redneck_mentor.jpg>

Can't stand the truth, ha?

Lynne
March 20th 07, 03:08 PM
on Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:40:43 GMT, Terry O'Connel >
wrote:

> IBen is following the book "How to be a troll for dummies", one of the
> troll tricks is to act like a victim when a troll is being criticized.
>
> You just can't write anything without insulting someone or promoting
> your racism.
>
> Let's look at *some* of your earlist posts.

I can't decide if trolling or stalking (what you're doing) is worse.

<plonk>

--
Lynne

Terry O'Connel
March 20th 07, 03:29 PM
22brix wrote:
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:48:49 GMT, Terry O'Connel wrote:
>>

>>>Cat owners don't need your fascist-style concern either.
>>
>>or you, following this guy around and shrieking...
>>
>>--
>>Lynne
>

> Good point! Wish everyone would just killfile him.
>
> Bonnie

What is your problem ladies? In love with IBen?

Newsgroups: alt.feminism, alt.politics.bush, alt.religion.islam,
alt.politics.liberalism, talk.politics.misc
Sender: (IBen Getiner)
Date: 13 Mar 2004 20:15:53 -0800
Subject: Re: Women's rights, liberty inseparable

(Steve Dufour) wrote in message
om>...
> Bush: Women's rights, liberty inseparable

Woman's rights is exactly what has screwed up America. They ****ed on
the traditional family. Now, all our kids are going to hell in a
handbasket. They've feminized their men. It's sickening. Grown men who
stand behind their wives, afraid to take a stand on anything.
Women can't make a decision that isn't based on emotion. The last
thing they should have ever been allowed to do was to vote.

IBen Getiner

Matthew
March 20th 07, 05:12 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> on Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:40:43 GMT, Terry O'Connel
> >
> wrote:
>
>> IBen is following the book "How to be a troll for dummies", one of the
>> troll tricks is to act like a victim when a troll is being criticized.
>>
>> You just can't write anything without insulting someone or promoting
>> your racism.
>>
>> Let's look at *some* of your earlist posts.
>
> I can't decide if trolling or stalking (what you're doing) is worse.
>
> <plonk>
>
> --
> Lynne

Agreed

IBen Getiner
March 21st 07, 10:04 AM
On Mar 19, 9:05�am, "22brix" > wrote:
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
>
> m...
>
> > on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:48:49 GMT, Terry O'Connel
> > >
> > wrote:
>
> >> Cat owners don't need your fascist-style concern either.
>
> > or you, following this guy around and shrieking...
>
> > --
> > Lynne
>
> Good point! *Wish everyone would just killfile him.
>
> Bonnie

LOL...!!! And on it goes. And just to think... I owe so much of it to
the devotion of my friends! So very much. You who slave so hard behind
the lines are the very people in my army who help my blind enemies to
'see'... LOL...!!!!

IBen Getiner

Patty
March 21st 07, 07:25 PM
On 12 Mar 2007 16:36:19 -0700, bookie wrote:

> it must be noted though that any cats we had as a child were always
> treated to the very best by my mum who woudl buy full cream milk just
> for them, creme fraiche too (cos they liked it apparantly, tastes grim
> to me), and commercial cat food obviously. She pobviously had more
> than an idea of hwo to look after cats despite what had been the norm
> when she was a kid so not all 'old folks' are totally set in their
> ways.
>
> also for the record she now lives inthe south of france and regularly
> buys food, dry usually to leave out for the local stray cats who seem
> to congregate outside her front door most mornings. The local say that
> these cats have got much plumper since my mum moved down there. The
> local french people there do not understand why she feeds them at all,
> they do nto really giev too much of a damn for animals in france,
> except dogs, which they take everywhere (and I mean everywhere;
> restaurants, supermarkets, hairdressers, little toy dogs like
> chihuahuas, annoying yappy things).
> the locals see these stray cats as vermin and a nuisance, some even
> think they should be shot (which is odd cos that is what i think we
> should do to most french people) and don't get why anyone would want
> to set up a shelter to 'rescue' them.
>
> different strokes for different folks

I know I'm late on this, but I'm just going to jump in here for a quick
minute.

The Egyptians treated cats as if they were gods. The Goddess Bast is the
cat goddess. Cats were well favored over time due to their ability to
control rodent populations. During the middle ages, cats fell out of favor
because they were linked to witchcraft, and were killed abundantly and
treated as if they were vermin. Hence came the plague. The plague was
spread by fleas on rats, which ran rampant because there were no more cats
left to kill them,

I know we are all pro-cat here (except for maybe the occasional troll who
wanders in) but I just hate when I hear people talk about cats as being
evil or sneaky. They can be and are the very best of pets to have.
Treated well, they will be most loyal and love you unconditionally.

So, poo on the french!

Patty

sheelagh
March 22nd 07, 12:43 AM
On 21 Mar, 18:25, Patty > wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2007 16:36:19 -0700, bookie wrote:
>

> > it must be noted though that any cats we had as a child were always
> > treated to the very best by my mum who woudl buy full cream milk just
> > for them, creme fraiche too (cos they liked it apparantly, tastes grim
> > to me), and commercial cat food obviously. She pobviously had more
> > than an idea of hwo to look after cats despite what had been the norm
> > when she was a kid so not all 'old folks' are totally set in their
> > ways.
>
> > also for the record she now lives inthe south of france and regularly
> > buys food, dry usually to leave out for the local stray cats who seem
> > to congregate outside her front door most mornings. The local say that
> > these cats have got much plumper since my mum moved down there. The
> > local french people there do not understand why she feeds them at all,
> > they do nto really giev too much of a damn for animals in france,
> > except dogs, which they take everywhere (and I mean everywhere;
> > restaurants, supermarkets, hairdressers, little toy dogs like
> > chihuahuas, annoying yappy things).
> > the locals see these stray cats as vermin and a nuisance, some even
> > think they should be shot (which is odd cos that is what i think we
> > should do to most french people) and don't get why anyone would want
> > to set up a shelter to 'rescue' them.
>
> > different strokes for different folks
>
> I know I'm late on this, but I'm just going to jump in here for a quick
> minute.
>
> The Egyptians treated cats as if they were gods. The Goddess Bast is the
> cat goddess. Cats were well favored over time due to their ability to
> control rodent populations. During the middle ages, cats fell out of favor
> because they were linked to witchcraft, and were killed abundantly and
> treated as if they were vermin. Hence came the plague. The plague was
> spread by fleas on rats, which ran rampant because there were no more cats
> left to kill them,
>
> I know we are all pro-cat here (except for maybe the occasional troll who
> wanders in) but I just hate when I hear people talk about cats as being
> evil or sneaky. They can be and are the very best of pets to have.
> Treated well, they will be most loyal and love you unconditionally.
>
> So, poo on the french!
>
> Patty- Hide quoted text -

Precisely, lol.

I find it amazing that we only have a 25 mile gap of water between us
and the french here in the UK ..
(not even that now that the chunnel has been built - Technically we
are now connected to them by route under the sea)
Yet we are worlds apart in our attitudes towards so many things,
including our love affair with cats.

My main worry is not so much what they think of our cat's..
Actually I can't give a fig what they think, or understand what their
problem is to be honest...

My concern is that if they don't look after or take good care of
their cats, that we will end up with *their rats*... not to Mention
their rabies too!!

We have enjoyed many long years of a rabies free country here, but I
can foresee that will not last very long if we don't try and do
something to educate them that Cats are a very good for their health,
& ours too ultimately...
We don't want to share their Rabies, & neither do our dogs or our
cats:o(

S;o)

Matthew
May 12th 07, 01:02 PM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:02:10 -0400, Matthew wrote:
>
>> I was talking about MOM not me ;-)
>> It is a threat that annoys the heck out of her
>> And for me My phrases is I am too old for this [email protected]

>>> IMHO you are much too young for that!
>>> ======

> Really, Matthew, that was a poor attempt at a joke. Please excuse. MLB

But unfortunately the truth sometimes when it comes to a old country woman
set in her ways when she won't listen when it comes to the cats

Barry
May 12th 07, 03:17 PM
On May 12, 8:02 am, "Matthew" > wrote:

> But unfortunately the truth sometimes when it comes to a old country woman
> set in her ways when she won't listen when it comes to the cats

Matt, this is 2007, you alright there?

must have had a memory burp?