PDA

View Full Version : Weaning Levi?

Lynne
March 15th 07, 01:59 AM
Well just as Cybercat predicted, I have a nearly full grown cat attached to
my face a lot of the time. As cute as he is (and he's the cutest cat
EVER), I've been cutting him back on his suckling time recently. I guess
tonight he decided he was going to get his lip no matter what.

I was standing in the kitchen, and, since he follows me everywhere, he was
on the floor at my feet. He looked up at me, meowed, and when I looked
down at him he jumped straight up from the floor onto my chest, with his
front feet on my shoulder. I was shocked at the feat--I'm not short at
5'6"! Thankfully my hands were empty so I immediately cradled him in my
arms and then of course I let him suckle for a while. I've never had a cat
jump on me like that--I figure he earned some lip. :)

--
Lynne

sheelagh
March 15th 07, 02:15 AM
On 15 Mar, 02:03, Barry > wrote:
> Lynne wrote:
>
> I've never had a cat
>
> > jump on me like that--I figure he earned some lip. :)
>
> yah, I think you should have yourself checked for worms.
>
> Barry
>
> don't forget how they keep them butt-holes clean.. or did you help him?

Levis sounds extra cuddlesome tonight, lol...
I think he earned a bit of lip there;o)
He sounds so sweet....
S;o)

Lynne
March 15th 07, 02:28 AM
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:15:17 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> Levis sounds extra cuddlesome tonight, lol...
> I think he earned a bit of lip there;o)
> He sounds so sweet....
> S;o)

He's extra cuddlesome every night (and day)! I swear this litte boy thinks
I'm his mama, and I don't mind. I wonder what he's going to think of the
puppy (Golden Retriever) when he gets here in 2 weeks.

By the way, Levi has another really cute habit I've not seen in any of my
other cats. He just did it. He was fast asleep next to me, heard someone
opening the linen closet door in the hall and jumped up to sit fully on his
rump with his body completely erect, front feet in the air. He sits so
tall I always think he's going to fall over backward, but he never does.

He cracks me up!

--
Lynne

Cheryl
March 15th 07, 02:44 AM
On Wed 14 Mar 2007 08:59:35p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav <news:IY-
>:

> I figure he earned some lip. :)

He sure did. LOL Cute story!

--
Cheryl

mlbriggs
March 15th 07, 02:58 AM
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:59:35 -0500, Lynne wrote:

> Well just as Cybercat predicted, I have a nearly full grown cat attached
> to my face a lot of the time. As cute as he is (and he's the cutest cat
> EVER), I've been cutting him back on his suckling time recently. I guess
> tonight he decided he was going to get his lip no matter what.
>
> I was standing in the kitchen, and, since he follows me everywhere, he was
> on the floor at my feet. He looked up at me, meowed, and when I looked
> down at him he jumped straight up from the floor onto my chest, with his
> front feet on my shoulder. I was shocked at the feat--I'm not short at
> 5'6"! Thankfully my hands were empty so I immediately cradled him in my
> arms and then of course I let him suckle for a while. I've never had a
> cat jump on me like that--I figure he earned some lip. :)

What about claws? MLB

Barry
March 15th 07, 03:03 AM
Lynne wrote:
I've never had a cat
> jump on me like that--I figure he earned some lip. :)

yah, I think you should have yourself checked for worms.

Barry

don't forget how they keep them butt-holes clean.. or did you help him?

sheelagh
March 15th 07, 03:09 AM
On 15 Mar, 01:28, Lynne > wrote:
> on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:15:17 GMT, "sheelagh"
>
> > wrote:
> > Levis sounds extra cuddlesome tonight, lol...
> > I think he earned a bit of lip there;o)
> > He sounds so sweet....
> > S;o)
>
> He's extra cuddlesome every night (and day)! I swear this little boy thinks
> I'm his mama, and I don't mind. I wonder what he's going to think of the
> puppy (Golden Retriever) when he gets here in 2 weeks.

Awwwhhh Bless him, lol;o)
Of course he thinks that you are his mummy!! And when he gets a bit
bigger, then you will become his personal whimsical slave instead..he
loves you lotssss

I think he has a really BIG character. Levis is most definately
unique, that is for sure....

I hope that they will get along just fine ( rather like my own pair!).
I think that the fact that he is still quite young will go a long way
in the bonding process too....
> By the way, Levi has another really cute habit I've not seen in any of my
> other cats. He just did it. He was fast asleep next to me, heard someone
> opening the linen closet door in the hall and jumped up to sit fully on his
> rump with his body completely erect, front feet in the air. He sits so
> tall I always think he's going to fall over backward, but he never does.
I can just imagine it, he he...

Mine have been known to do the dying fly, where they lie on their
backs with all four legs in the air, bent @ the joints in the begging
position , but flat on their backs, rather than in a sitting position.
I like news of Levis, he makes us laugh too
> He cracks me up!
> Lynne

Us as well, lol!!
S;o)

Claude V. Lucas
March 15th 07, 03:18 AM
In article om>,
sheelagh > wrote:

>Mine have been known to do the dying fly, where they lie on their
>backs with all four legs in the air, bent @ the joints in the begging
>position , but flat on their backs, rather than in a sitting position.

It's starting to get warm here in Nevada. 90F today.

Bubba finds the spot where the airconditioning blows and will
spend the whole day in that spot in that position.

I can almost hear him whispering:

"Lion Cut"
"Lion Cut"
"Lion Cut, Please"

Lynne
March 15th 07, 03:30 AM
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:58:32 GMT, mlbriggs > wrote:

> What about claws? MLB

I keep them trimmed very short. He never even tries to use them on me,
though. I was surprised he didn't when he jumped up onto my chest.

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 15th 07, 03:31 AM
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 02:09:01 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> Mine have been known to do the dying fly, where they lie on their
> backs with all four legs in the air, bent @ the joints in the begging
> position , but flat on their backs, rather than in a sitting position.

I love it when cats do that! Levi has just started exposing his tummy to
me for rubs, another first for me. None of my males have let me do that,
even Rudy, who trusts me to do pretty much everything else (pill him, cut
his claws, brush his teeth, etc).

--
Lynne

Barry
March 15th 07, 04:00 AM
mlbriggs wrote:

> What about claws? MLB

YES SHE SUCKED THEM TOO

Barry
March 15th 07, 04:03 AM
mlbriggs wrote:

> What about claws? MLB

And I got news for Lynne, my cat is sweeter than hers!

why? cause I am not hateful to good people, she is...

LOOK AT HER!!!

LOOK AT HER

dar she! <pointing a BIG finger right at her>

22brix
March 15th 07, 05:43 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> Well just as Cybercat predicted, I have a nearly full grown cat attached
> my face a lot of the time. As cute as he is (and he's the cutest cat
> EVER), I've been cutting him back on his suckling time recently. I guess
> tonight he decided he was going to get his lip no matter what.
>
> I was standing in the kitchen, and, since he follows me everywhere, he was
> on the floor at my feet. He looked up at me, meowed, and when I looked
> down at him he jumped straight up from the floor onto my chest, with his
> front feet on my shoulder. I was shocked at the feat--I'm not short at
> 5'6"! Thankfully my hands were empty so I immediately cradled him in my
> arms and then of course I let him suckle for a while. I've never had a
> cat
> jump on me like that--I figure he earned some lip. :)
>
> --
> Lynne

When my cat Tortle was younger she went through a phase where she'd jump
onto my shoulder from behind--scared me to death the first time she did!
She'd balance on my shoulder as I walked around the house. She's too lazy
now!

Bonnie

cybercat
March 15th 07, 08:13 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:15:17 GMT, "sheelagh"
> > wrote:
>
>> Levis sounds extra cuddlesome tonight, lol...
>> I think he earned a bit of lip there;o)
>> He sounds so sweet....
>> S;o)
>
> He's extra cuddlesome every night (and day)! I swear this litte boy
> thinks
> I'm his mama, and I don't mind. I wonder what he's going to think of the
> puppy (Golden Retriever) when he gets here in 2 weeks.
>
> By the way, Levi has another really cute habit I've not seen in any of my
> other cats. He just did it. He was fast asleep next to me, heard someone
> opening the linen closet door in the hall and jumped up to sit fully on
> his
> rump with his body completely erect, front feet in the air. He sits so
> tall I always think he's going to fall over backward, but he never does.
>
> He cracks me up!

He's protecting you. That really is precious. (Or maybe he is just
protecting that lip, hahaha!)

cybercat
March 15th 07, 08:13 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> Well just as Cybercat predicted, I have a nearly full grown cat attached
> my face a lot of the time.

Look, now, we need some more pictures. You know we do.

Lynne
March 15th 07, 01:19 PM
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:13:24 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> He's protecting you. That really is precious. (Or maybe he is just
> protecting that lip, hahaha!)

Is that was he's doing? Oh my gosh!! I didn't think it was possible, but
now I adore him even more!

I need to read a good book on cat behavior. I read several when I got my
first cats back in college, but I guess all the studying impacted my
retention of the extracurricular stuff. What's a good read on the subject?

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 15th 07, 01:24 PM
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 04:43:54 GMT, "22brix" >
wrote:

> When my cat Tortle was younger she went through a phase where she'd
> jump onto my shoulder from behind--scared me to death the first time
> she did! She'd balance on my shoulder as I walked around the house.

I imagine that was shocking! I at least saw Levi coming (and it was still
kind of shocking).

> She's too lazy now!

Speaking of lazy, Rudy will lay on my shoulder when I walk around, but I
have to pick him up (and put him down when he's tired of it).

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 15th 07, 01:24 PM
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:13:58 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Look, now, we need some more pictures. You know we do.

soon, soon... :)

--
Lynne

cybercat
March 15th 07, 08:03 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:13:24 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> He's protecting you. That really is precious. (Or maybe he is just
>> protecting that lip, hahaha!)
>
> Is that was he's doing? Oh my gosh!! I didn't think it was possible, but
> now I adore him even more!
>
> I need to read a good book on cat behavior. I read several when I got my
> first cats back in college, but I guess all the studying impacted my
> retention of the extracurricular stuff. What's a good read on the
> subject?

Desmond Morris' "Ca****ching."

cybercat
March 15th 07, 08:03 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:13:58 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> Look, now, we need some more pictures. You know we do.
>
> soon, soon... :)

Excellent. :)

cybercat
March 15th 07, 08:06 PM
"Lynne" > wrote
> By the way, Levi has another really cute habit I've not seen in any of my
> other cats. He just did it. He was fast asleep next to me, heard someone
> opening the linen closet door in the hall and jumped up to sit fully on
> his
> rump with his body completely erect, front feet in the air. He sits so
> tall I always think he's going to fall over backward, but he never does.

You haven't been watching Meercat Manor with him, have you?

http://www.k12.nf.ca/acreman/animals_4/meercat.jpg

hahaha

Barry
March 15th 07, 09:17 PM
On Mar 14, 7:59 pm, Lynne > wrote:
I've never had a cat
> jump on me like that--I figure he earned some lip. :)

ass kisser

YOU NEED to get yourself checked for worms!

Do you french kiss any men? or women?

THEY need to get themselves...

yes.. checked for worms.

you got worms doing the boogaloo on your lip

any cancers or sores Lynne?

TOLD YA!

Lynne
March 15th 07, 09:46 PM
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:03:18 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Desmond Morris' "Ca****ching."

That's one of the books I read back in college when I got my first cat. I
should dig around my "library" (much of it is packed in boxes in the
basement), find it and read it again.

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 15th 07, 09:47 PM
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:06:20 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> You haven't been watching Meercat Manor with him, have you?
>
> http://www.k12.nf.ca/acreman/animals_4/meercat.jpg
>
> hahaha

Cute! But no, we don't have cable.

--