PDA

View Full Version : bullying my kitty

March 17th 07, 08:05 PM
Hi,I've had my kitty Snuggles since she was a kitten, and about a year
ago I had her declawed because I moved in with my BF and he didn't
want her to destroy his rug. Sinc then we broke up and I have a new BF
and he has movedinto my place. He has a cat that bulls my poor kitty.
A week ago I had to take her to the vet because she got infected on
her hnid leg where Jasper bit her. My BF does not want to declaw his
cat.

I can't keep them seprate all the time because my place is too small.
I wonder what could do to make them like each other? Thanks.

Veronica

James
March 17th 07, 08:29 PM
On Mar 17, 3:05 pm, wrote:
> Hi,I've had my kitty Snuggles since she was a kitten, and about a year
> ago I had her declawed because I moved in with my BF and he didn't
> want her to destroy his rug. Sinc then we broke up and I have a new BF
> and he has movedinto my place. He has a cat that bulls my poor kitty.
> A week ago I had to take her to the vet because she got infected on
> her hnid leg where Jasper bit her. My BF does not want to declaw his
> cat.
>
> I can't keep them seprate all the time because my place is too small.
> I wonder what could do to make them like each other? Thanks.
>
> Veronica

Considering how cats sleep most the time, you can probably cage each
of them 12 hours at a time.

sheelagh
March 17th 07, 09:51 PM
On 17 Mar, 20:05, wrote:
> Hi,I've had my kitty Snuggles since she was a kitten, and about a year
> ago I had her declawed because I moved in with my BF and he didn't
> want her to destroy his rug. Sinc then we broke up and I have a new BF
> and he has movedinto my place. He has a cat that bulls my poor kitty.
> A week ago I had to take her to the vet because she got infected on
> her hnid leg where Jasper bit her. My BF does not want to declaw his
> cat.
>
> I can't keep them seprate all the time because my place is too small.
> I wonder what could do to make them like each other? Thanks.
>
> Veronica

Have you considered using a diffuser at all, such as feliway?
Feliway is a product that helps your cats relax in one anothers
company.

I don't agree with declawing, because as you have just pointed out,
your kitty is on no position to defend herself. However, this is not
about how I feel...It is about what is best for your cat.

I would definately consider the feliway, & if that doesn't work, I
would consider parting them to different parts of the house, with
separate cat litters & feeding arrangements. You need them to be aware
of each other, but unable to reach each other.
Then slowly reintroduce them so that they again, possibly with the
help of feliway
Slowly, try and reintroduce them to one another very gradually.

By the sounds of what you describe, it appears that your BF's cat is
flaunting his/her dominance, which is fairly normal, but conducive to
your cats health, because of her inability to defend herself in this
case.

I would also consider talking to your vet about this problem, because
she/ he will know your cat far better than we do, & might be able to
advise you in better detail than we can.

I don't mean to sound harsh, because I appreciate that life throws
certain angles to our lives, & you must have thought that this was the
best thing do @ the time.
I hope that you are able to work this one out.
Good Luck
S;o)