PDA

View Full Version : My boy doggy...

March 19th 07, 06:48 PM
The vet says it's time now to let him go. Streak, my sweet, brave,
beautiful dog will be put to sleep tomorrow at noon. I have just
these few hours left with him, and I don't know what to do. The vet
is coming here to do it. I want him to be at home when we do this
thing that must be done. How do I make it through this? I have no
words....

Eva

cindys
March 19th 07, 07:22 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> The vet says it's time now to let him go. Streak, my sweet, brave,
> beautiful dog will be put to sleep tomorrow at noon. I have just
> these few hours left with him, and I don't know what to do. The vet
> is coming here to do it. I want him to be at home when we do this
> thing that must be done. How do I make it through this? I have no
> words....
-----------
I don't have any words either but know that I'm at home crying with you. The
time will come when you will be able to smile again, but for now, grieve
your heart out. None of us can live forever, but this doesn't make the
passing any less painful. Spend your time with Streak reminiscing over the
happy times you've shared. Hug him and kiss him. When my father died, a very
wise woman asked me if I knew why we were so sad when someone dies? She said
it's not only because we love the person so much but because he loves us.
Streak knows that you love him, and he would like to live forever for you,
but he can't. So, give him permission to go over the bridge. Assure him that
you'll be okay. Please post here as much as you want and know that there are
other people who are thinking of you.
Gentle purrs and woofs for you and Streak.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

March 19th 07, 09:57 PM
On Mar 19, 1:22 pm, "cindys" > wrote:

> I don't have any words either but know that I'm at home crying with you. The
> time will come when you will be able to smile again, but for now, grieve
> your heart out. None of us can live forever, but this doesn't make the
> passing any less painful. Spend your time with Streak reminiscing over the
> happy times you've shared. Hug him and kiss him. When my father died, a very
> wise woman asked me if I knew why we were so sad when someone dies? She said
> it's not only because we love the person so much but because he loves us.
> Streak knows that you love him, and he would like to live forever for you,
> but he can't. So, give him permission to go over the bridge. Assure him that
> you'll be okay. Please post here as much as you want and know that there are
> other people who are thinking of you.
> Gentle purrs and woofs for you and Streak.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Thank you for these thoughts. I hope he's not scared when the time
comes. I will hold him and tell him what a good boy he's been. I
know it's the right thing, but sometimes the right thing is so hard to
do. I'll tell him it's OK to go. I'll be there with him till the
end, like I promised when I brought him home as a tiny little pup. We
have cheated death for a long time now. He's such a big dog -- his
life expectancy is only 8-10 years. He's 12-1/2, so we hid from
death; we evaded it; we skirted around it. But now we have to face
it.

Eva