PDA

View Full Version : Boycott anyone?

March 19th 07, 11:30 PM
I can't even get through to the number for the recall. It just says
circuits overloaded and has since the damn thing began.

I'm really ****ed off, and I'm wondering if there would be any sense
in trying to organize a boycott of any companies that do business with
Menu Foods?

Matthew
March 20th 07, 05:48 AM
Why boycott the business it is not there fault IMO the is just plain stupid
If you want to boycott you boycott menu foods not their buyers

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I can't even get through to the number for the recall. It just says
> circuits overloaded and has since the damn thing began.
>
> I'm really ****ed off, and I'm wondering if there would be any sense
> in trying to organize a boycott of any companies that do business with
> Menu Foods?

Matthew
March 20th 07, 05:55 AM
businesses Damn spell checker
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Why boycott the business it is not there fault IMO the is just plain
> stupid
> If you want to boycott you boycott menu foods not their buyers
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>I can't even get through to the number for the recall. It just says
>> circuits overloaded and has since the damn thing began.
>>
>> I'm really ****ed off, and I'm wondering if there would be any sense
>> in trying to organize a boycott of any companies that do business with
>> Menu Foods?

Kittie Kat
March 20th 07, 07:53 AM
On Mar 19, 11:55 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> businesses Damn spell checker"Matthew" > wrote in message

Spell checker didn't help misuse of "there" (should be "their").

Anyway, I guess I *was* stupid to blindly assume that the "better"
companies made their own food. Who knew that Nutro and others got
their food from the same place ****ing Wal Mart did? If i wanted Wal
Mart cat food, I'd go there.

I'll just do my own boycott of Nutro. Not really a boycott, just eyes
opened.

I guess it's too much to ask to expect companies to do more than order
crap food from canada and slap on a label.

JohnR66
March 20th 07, 02:23 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Why boycott the business it is not there fault IMO the is just plain
> stupid
> If you want to boycott you boycott menu foods not their buyers
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>I can't even get through to the number for the recall. It just says
>> circuits overloaded and has since the damn thing began.
>>
>> I'm really ****ed off, and I'm wondering if there would be any sense
>> in trying to organize a boycott of any companies that do business with
>> Menu Foods?

Often it IS their fault. Businesses often choose their suppliers on cost. I
run a small business and my customers care less where I get my stock. They
care only for the cost and quality. If I have a problem with quality caused
buy the supplier, to my customer, it is my problem. It is my responsibility
to correct the problem for the customer and request the supplier correct the
problem on their end.

As I understand it, Menu Foods switched suppliers for the ingredient that
apparently had mold in it. I don't know their procedure, but multiple
samples of the food product and ingredients should be sampled often to check
for quality and possible contaminates. Apparently this testing has not be
done or is inadequate since many people's beloved pets have died or became
ill. It is Menu Food responsibility to deal with that supplier and use
better test methods to prevent this issue from reoccuring in the future. It
is the responsibility of the pet food companies, such as IAMS, to test their
own product and to deal with their supplier.

John

zinzee
March 20th 07, 03:08 PM
On Mar 20, 2:53 am, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
<snip>

> Anyway, I guess I *was* stupid to blindly assume that the "better"
> companies made their own food. Who knew that Nutro and others got
> their food from the same place ****ing Wal Mart did? If i wanted Wal
> Mart cat food, I'd go there.
>
> I'll just do my own boycott of Nutro. Not really a boycott, just eyes
> opened.
>
> I guess it's too much to ask to expect companies to do more than order
> crap food from canada and slap on a label.

Buy Wellness cat food! I've started a grassroots effort with my
family and my mom is now feeding her dogs and cat Wellness. My sister
always has. My grandma is going to convert soon. I'm still working
on my uncle. Then I'll start global domination (wink)!
http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/aboutus_history.html for more
information.

Even though Iams swears that they have changed their methods of animal
testing, I couldn't bring myself to purchase their food. Now I'm
extremely proud as I knew there was a reason to hold out.

And in regards to animal testing, read this article I heard on the
news this morning, http://www.wnbc.com/family/11295196/detail.html?dl=headlineclick.
All they did was feed the animals their food and 14%-17.5% died as a
result! Not to mention that the suspected culprit is a filler that
shouldn't be in pet food in the first place! Argh, sorry, this is so
upsetting to me.

Wishing your critters the best,
Heather

Cat Protector
March 21st 07, 02:40 AM
I'd choose Blue Buffalo over Wellness any day.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"zinzee" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 20, 2:53 am, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> Anyway, I guess I *was* stupid to blindly assume that the "better"
>> companies made their own food. Who knew that Nutro and others got
>> their food from the same place ****ing Wal Mart did? If i wanted Wal
>> Mart cat food, I'd go there.
>>
>> I'll just do my own boycott of Nutro. Not really a boycott, just eyes
>> opened.
>>
>> I guess it's too much to ask to expect companies to do more than order
>> crap food from canada and slap on a label.
>
> Buy Wellness cat food! I've started a grassroots effort with my
> family and my mom is now feeding her dogs and cat Wellness. My sister
> always has. My grandma is going to convert soon. I'm still working
> on my uncle. Then I'll start global domination (wink)!
> http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/aboutus_history.html for more
> information.
>
> Even though Iams swears that they have changed their methods of animal
> testing, I couldn't bring myself to purchase their food. Now I'm
> extremely proud as I knew there was a reason to hold out.
>
> And in regards to animal testing, read this article I heard on the
> news this morning,
> http://www.wnbc.com/family/11295196/detail.html?dl=headlineclick.
> All they did was feed the animals their food and 14%-17.5% died as a
> result! Not to mention that the suspected culprit is a filler that
> shouldn't be in pet food in the first place! Argh, sorry, this is so
> upsetting to me.
>
> Wishing your critters the best,
> Heather

zinzee
March 21st 07, 12:32 PM
On Mar 20, 9:40 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I'd choose Blue Buffalo over Wellness any day.

<snip>

For what reasons? I'm always open to hearing about better nutrition
for my little one!

Best,
Heather

Cat Protector
March 21st 07, 04:59 PM
Well, it's a great food if your cat has hairball issues. It's also been
great for a cat that has had a UTI. The thing about Blue is that there is no
corn, wheat or soy in the food, it has cranberries in it for urinary tract
health, and it's also on a human grade level. The meats they use in it is
the free range stuff, not that hormone injected crap. You can find it at
Petsmart.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"zinzee" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 20, 9:40 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> I'd choose Blue Buffalo over Wellness any day.
>>
> <snip>
>
> For what reasons? I'm always open to hearing about better nutrition
> for my little one!
>
> Best,
> Heather

PawsForThought
March 21st 07, 06:19 PM
On Mar 21, 11:59 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> it has cranberries in it for urinary tract
> health,

Cranberry can be a problem for cats because cranberries can naturally
contain high levels of benzoic acid which
is not good for cats. The main thing with cats who have urinary tract
problems is to feed a food that is condusive to a proper urinary PH
level, and feeding a moist diet for good water intake. Here's an
article for more on the topic:

http://www.nativeremedies.com/petalive/articles/prevent-cat-uti.shtml?ysmchn=OTHER&ysmcpn=RSS&ysmcrn=PreventCatUTI&ysmtac=CTX

zinzee
March 21st 07, 06:37 PM
On Mar 21, 11:59 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> Well, it's a great food if your cat has hairball issues. It's also been
> great for a cat that has had a UTI. The thing about Blue is that there is no
> corn, wheat or soy in the food, it has cranberries in it for urinary tract
> health, and it's also on a human grade level. The meats they use in it is
> the free range stuff, not that hormone injected crap. You can find it at
> Petsmart.

<snippety snip>

Well I've just compared the ingredients. I don't really see why your
choice is Blue Buffalo, other than for the hairball formula. My cat
doesn't have hairball issues (knock on wood). Both formulas contain
cranberries to aid/prevent UTI. I don't believe that there is any
corn, wheat or soy in the Wellness food. My cat only pretty much just
gets canned food and there are a few formulas of Wellness canned food
that have brown rice, but all the labels do clearly mark this now.

Anyhow, Blue Buffalo does have whole ingredients. I shall pick up a
can in the next day or two and see if Mack C. likes it more. Whatever
his preference as long as it's good quality stuff, I don't mind!

Thanks for the info,
Heather

Cat Protector
March 21st 07, 06:44 PM
It can? My cats don't have a problem with it. That element and quite a few
others have really helped one of my cats that has had a UTI.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
s.com...
> On Mar 21, 11:59 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> it has cranberries in it for urinary tract
>> health,
>
> Cranberry can be a problem for cats because cranberries can naturally
> contain high levels of benzoic acid which
> is not good for cats. The main thing with cats who have urinary tract
> problems is to feed a food that is condusive to a proper urinary PH
> level, and feeding a moist diet for good water intake. Here's an
> article for more on the topic:
>
> http://www.nativeremedies.com/petalive/articles/prevent-cat-uti.shtml?ysmchn=OTHER&ysmcpn=RSS&ysmcrn=PreventCatUTI&ysmtac=CTX

Cat Protector
March 21st 07, 07:02 PM
I already explained why I chose Blue for my cats. Here is the ingredients in
Wellness so you can see exactly why I chose Blue. Wellness ingredients:

Chicken Meal, Ground Yellow Corn, Lamb Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Fat
(preserved with mixed tocopherols - healthy antioxidants - and ascorbic
acid), Ground Whole Wheat, dried brewer's yeast, fish meal, corn germ meal,
salt, dried beet pulp (sugar removed), dehydrated cheese, lecithin,
D-activated animal sterol (source of Vitamin D-3), Vitamin A acetate,
Vitamin B12 supplement, Vitamin E supplement, niacin supplement, riboflavin,
calcium pantothenate, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic
acid, biotin, thiamine mononitrate, inositol, DL-Methionine, manganese,
dehydrated kelp, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, cobalt sulfate, ferrous
sulfate, taurine, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, and dried whey.

It seems apparently obvious that Wellness has a lot of fillers and meals
without any real meat substance at all. Here is Blue's. You'll notice the
first ingredient is actually deboned chicken in their Indoor formula for
example. Here are the ingredients for that bag.

Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Ground Brown Rice, Fish Meal, Whole
Ground Barley, Potato Flour, Oatmeal, Natural Flavor, Dried Cellulose,
Chicken Fat (preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols),
Fructooligosacharides, Cranberries, Whole Ground Sweet Potatoes, Whole
Ground Carrots, Psyllium Calcium Chloride, Sea Salt, Choline Chloride,
Potassium Chloride, Ground Flaxseed, Yucca Shidigera Extract, Dried Kelp,
Dried Molasses, Malted Barley Flour, Taurine, Barley Grass, Dried Parsley,
Mixed Tocopherols, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Amino Acid Complex (source of
Chelated Zinc), Iron Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Iron),
L-Carnitine, Spirulina, Lecithin, Tumeric, Lactobacillus Acidophilus,
Lactobacillus Casei, Enterococcus Faecium, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum,
Niacin, Copper Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Copper), Vitamin D
Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of
Chelated Manganese), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamin Hydrochloride,
D-Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine
Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Vitamin K Supplement, Biotin.

The first 4 ingredients of any food will tell you a lot about it.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"zinzee" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Well I've just compared the ingredients. I don't really see why your
> choice is Blue Buffalo, other than for the hairball formula. My cat
> doesn't have hairball issues (knock on wood). Both formulas contain
> cranberries to aid/prevent UTI. I don't believe that there is any
> corn, wheat or soy in the Wellness food. My cat only pretty much just
> gets canned food and there are a few formulas of Wellness canned food
> that have brown rice, but all the labels do clearly mark this now.
>
> Anyhow, Blue Buffalo does have whole ingredients. I shall pick up a
> can in the next day or two and see if Mack C. likes it more. Whatever
> his preference as long as it's good quality stuff, I don't mind!
>
> Thanks for the info,
> Heather

zinzee
March 21st 07, 07:35 PM
On Mar 21, 2:02 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I already explained why I chose Blue for my cats. Here is the ingredients in
> Wellness so you can see exactly why I chose Blue. Wellness ingredients:

<snip>

> It seems apparently obvious that Wellness has a lot of fillers and meals
> without any real meat substance at all. Here is Blue's. You'll notice the
> first ingredient is actually deboned chicken in their Indoor formula for
> example. Here are the ingredients for that bag.

<snip>

Yes, you did explain, but I was asking for a little more. I realize
now that you are referencing dry food, while I'm referring to canned
food...

Compare Blue's first four ingredients of their Turkey formula: Deboned
Turkey, Deboned Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver.

To Wellness' first four ingredients of their Turkey formula: Deboned
Turkey, Chicken Liver, Deboned Chicken, Turkey Broth.

I didn't do any research on the dry formula as it is not an option for
Mack C. Oh, by the way, finally put more pictures up! -->
http://picasaweb.google.com/zinzee/MackCMillion

All the best,
Heather

Cat Protector
March 21st 07, 08:28 PM
I couldn't find canned food anywhere on their site.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"zinzee" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Mar 21, 2:02 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> I already explained why I chose Blue for my cats. Here is the ingredients
>> in
>> Wellness so you can see exactly why I chose Blue. Wellness ingredients:
>
> <snip>
>

>> It seems apparently obvious that Wellness has a lot of fillers and meals
>> without any real meat substance at all. Here is Blue's. You'll notice the
>> first ingredient is actually deboned chicken in their Indoor formula for
>> example. Here are the ingredients for that bag.
>>

> <snip>
>
> Yes, you did explain, but I was asking for a little more. I realize
> now that you are referencing dry food, while I'm referring to canned
> food...
>
> Compare Blue's first four ingredients of their Turkey formula: Deboned
> Turkey, Deboned Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver.
>
> To Wellness' first four ingredients of their Turkey formula: Deboned
> Turkey, Chicken Liver, Deboned Chicken, Turkey Broth.
>
> I didn't do any research on the dry formula as it is not an option for
> Mack C. Oh, by the way, finally put more pictures up! -->
> http://picasaweb.google.com/zinzee/MackCMillion
>
> All the best,
> Heather

zinzee
March 21st 07, 08:55 PM
On Mar 21, 3:28 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I couldn't find canned food anywhere on their site.

<snip>

http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/cat_wellness_can_index.html and more
specifically http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/cat_wellness_can_turkey.html.

There is also an index that explains all of their ingredients they
use, including the Chicken Meal.

Anyhow, I will definitely try the Blue Buffalo. If Mack C. likes it
better I see no reason not to switch. Well, except Taurine is the
last ingredient on their list. I suppose there's still adequate
amounts. I'm thinking about adding a multi-vitamin.

Best,
Heather

Cat Protector
March 21st 07, 11:50 PM
Taurine isn't exactly the most important element in a cat food.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"zinzee" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 21, 3:28 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> I couldn't find canned food anywhere on their site.
>>
> <snip>
>
> http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/cat_wellness_can_index.html and more
> specifically http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/cat_wellness_can_turkey.html.
>
> There is also an index that explains all of their ingredients they
> use, including the Chicken Meal.
>
> Anyhow, I will definitely try the Blue Buffalo. If Mack C. likes it
> better I see no reason not to switch. Well, except Taurine is the
> last ingredient on their list. I suppose there's still adequate
> amounts. I'm thinking about adding a multi-vitamin.
>
> Best,
> Heather

PawsForThought
March 22nd 07, 12:08 AM
On Mar 21, 12:44 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> It can? My cats don't have a problem with it. That element and quite a few
> others have really helped one of my cats that has had a UTI.

I don't think the food has enough cranberry in it to cause any
problems. I think it's more about not supplementing with cranberry.
This food your feeding may be a good formula that helps your cat
achieve the proper urinary PH. Feeding a canned food helps too.

---MIKE---
March 22nd 07, 12:20 AM
I don't know where Cat Protector got his ingredient list for Wellness
but it is not correct. This is right off of the can label for the
chicken formula. Chicken, Chicken Liver, Turkey, Chicken Broth, Sweet
Potatoes, Carrots, Natural Chicken Flavor, etc. There is no meal,
wheat, corn or by-products.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

---MIKE---
March 22nd 07, 12:26 AM
Cat Protector wrote:

>>Taurine isn't exactly the most important
>> element in a cat food.

WRONG!!!! Taurine IS the most important ingredient in cat food
(although it may not represent the most volume). If you can't post
accurate information then you should stop posting.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 01:24 AM
on Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:26:14 GMT, (---MIKE---)
wrote:

> Cat Protector wrote:
>
>>>Taurine isn't exactly the most important
>>> element in a cat food.
>
> WRONG!!!! Taurine IS the most important ingredient in cat food
> (although it may not represent the most volume). If you can't post
> accurate information then you should stop posting.

Yeah, I gotta agree here. Taurine is definitely ESSENTIAL for cats and
people need to realize this. The lack of taurine is one of the primary
reasons why feeding canned tuna and other human foods to cats as any
significant part of their diet can be DEADLY.

--
Lynne

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 01:31 AM
TIME FOR YOU TO COME BACK TO SOMETHING CALLED EARTH.

You should do a lot more research before you put your foot in your mouth

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> Taurine isn't exactly the most important element in a cat food.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
> www.panthertekit.com
> "zinzee" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> On Mar 21, 3:28 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>>> I couldn't find canned food anywhere on their site.
>>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/cat_wellness_can_index.html and more
>> specifically http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/cat_wellness_can_turkey.html.
>>
>> There is also an index that explains all of their ingredients they
>> use, including the Chicken Meal.
>>
>> Anyhow, I will definitely try the Blue Buffalo. If Mack C. likes it
>> better I see no reason not to switch. Well, except Taurine is the
>> last ingredient on their list. I suppose there's still adequate
>> amounts. I'm thinking about adding a multi-vitamin.
>>
>> Best,
>> Heather

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 01:43 AM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:31:33 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> TIME FOR YOU TO COME BACK TO SOMETHING CALLED EARTH.
>
> You should do a lot more research before you put your foot in your mouth

Yeah, and if this guy pitches Blue effing Buffalo one more time I'm
killfiling him.

--
Lynne of little patience

Sherry
March 22nd 07, 04:10 AM
On Mar 21, 7:24 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> on Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:26:14 GMT, (---MIKE---)
> wrote:

> > WRONG!!!! Taurine IS the most important ingredient in cat food
> > (although it may not represent the most volume). If you can't post
> > accurate information then you should stop posting.
>
> Yeah, I gotta agree here. Taurine is definitely ESSENTIAL for cats and
> people need to realize this. The lack of taurine is one of the primary
> reasons why feeding canned tuna and other human foods to cats as any
> significant part of their diet can be DEADLY.
>
> --
> Lynne

Usually I leave CP alone in his little world, but I can't stand
misinformation being posted, especially in such an authoritative tone.
Taurine is *extremely* important to a cat's diet.
My opinion is that a diet of strictly dry food is NOT as healthy as
tinned food.
If you do a search, you'll find that Cat Protector sang the praises of
Friskies and Special Kitty a while back. No other brand even compared,
according to him. That's fine, that's his opinion & he's entitled to
it I suppose.
I just don't want anyone taking his word as the authority figure on
all things cat food.
Blue Buffalo is probably pretty good food, all things considered. But
I'd sure be feeding some canned food with it.

Sherry

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 04:27 AM
I have to wonder about the people in this group. Why is it do people have to
be this rude when they find an answer they don't like? Although taurine is
important in a feline diet, getting your cat on a good healthy regement is
the most important part. This is what I was trying to say. You could've been
a lot more nicer about it but instead you seem to have this "shut the hell
up attitude." This is one of the reasons why some people avoid this group.

--

"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
Cat Protector wrote:

>>Taurine isn't exactly the most important
>> element in a cat food.

WRONG!!!! Taurine IS the most important ingredient in cat food
(although it may not represent the most volume). If you can't post
accurate information then you should stop posting.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 04:30 AM
Go ahead and killfile me. It seems obvious that unless you run with the rest
of the group then you are labled the bad guy. Why is it that many of you
insist on starting flame wars in order to prove how superior you are? Flame
wars solve nothing.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...

> Yeah, and if this guy pitches Blue effing Buffalo one more time I'm
> killfiling him.
>
> --
> Lynne of little patience

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 06:22 AM
No flame war need WHEN YOU ARE WRONG YOU ARE WRONG! YOU GOT PROVEN WRONG!
Say you are sorry, move on and shut up about it

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> Go ahead and killfile me. It seems obvious that unless you run with the
> rest of the group then you are labled the bad guy. Why is it that many of
> you insist on starting flame wars in order to prove how superior you are?
> Flame wars solve nothing.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
> www.panthertekit.com
>
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>> Yeah, and if this guy pitches Blue effing Buffalo one more time I'm
>> killfiling him.
>>
>> --
>> Lynne of little patience

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 06:22 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>I have to wonder about the people in this group. Why is it do people have
>to be this rude when they find an answer they don't like? Although taurine
>is important in a feline diet, getting your cat on a good healthy regement
>is the most important part. This is what I was trying to say. You could've
>been a lot more nicer about it but instead you seem to have this "shut the
>hell up attitude." This is one of the reasons why some people avoid this
>group.

Than leave and don't come back if you don't like it

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 06:48 AM
I cleared up what I was trying to say, you don't need to be rude about it.
Perhaps you have a little growing up to do.

--

"Matthew" > wrote in message
> No flame war need WHEN YOU ARE WRONG YOU ARE WRONG! YOU GOT PROVEN WRONG!
> Say you are sorry, move on and shut up about it
>
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>> Go ahead and killfile me. It seems obvious that unless you run with the
>> rest of the group then you are labled the bad guy. Why is it that many of
>> you insist on starting flame wars in order to prove how superior you are?
>> Flame wars solve nothing.
>>
>> --
>> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
>> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>>
>> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
>> www.panthertekit.com
>>
>> "Lynne" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>
>>> Yeah, and if this guy pitches Blue effing Buffalo one more time I'm
>>> killfiling him.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Lynne of little patience

IBen Getiner
March 22nd 07, 09:16 AM
On Mar 21, 10:30?pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> Go ahead and killfile me. It seems obvious that unless you run with the rest
> of the group then you are labled the bad guy. Why is it that many of you
> insist on starting flame wars in order to prove how superior you are? Flame
> wars solve nothing.
>
> --

They always seem to make you run the **** away from me, now don't
they, sissy-boy...?!

LOL...!!! Pansy-azzed little fairy.. You never could stand up to a
fight. Just like you're showing your back-side to THESE people now.

Weaklings like you always fail. Never get any respect, either..

IBen Getiner

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 01:51 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 03:10:22 GMT, "Sherry" > wrote:

> My opinion is that a diet of strictly dry food is NOT as healthy as
> tinned food.

Your opinion is in agreement with experts in cat nutrition, but let's not
confuse CP with facts. :)

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 01:52 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 05:22:52 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Than leave and don't come back if you don't like it

You forgot to say please!

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 01:54 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 03:30:13 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> Go ahead and killfile me. It seems obvious that unless you run with
> the rest of the group then you are labled the bad guy. Why is it that
> many of you insist on starting flame wars in order to prove how
> superior you are? Flame wars solve nothing.

Uh, I have a right to my opinion and couldn't give a rat's ass if anyone
else agrees with me. My opinion, BTW, is that you are irritating as hell.
Add that to the FACT that you post inaccurate information, and my
conclusion is that you add NO VALUE to my experience here. What's worse is
that you could be dangerous for some poor n00b reading your BS.

--
Lynne

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 04:47 PM
Typical response when someone is proven wrong. Try something new

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>I cleared up what I was trying to say, you don't need to be rude about it.
>Perhaps you have a little growing up to do.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
> www.panthertekit.com
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>> No flame war need WHEN YOU ARE WRONG YOU ARE WRONG! YOU GOT PROVEN
>> WRONG!
>> Say you are sorry, move on and shut up about it
>>
>> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>>> Go ahead and killfile me. It seems obvious that unless you run with the
>>> rest of the group then you are labled the bad guy. Why is it that many
>>> of you insist on starting flame wars in order to prove how superior you
>>> are? Flame wars solve nothing.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
>>> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>>>
>>> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
>>> www.panthertekit.com
>>>
>>> "Lynne" > wrote in message
>>> m...

March 22nd 07, 05:05 PM
Did you know that Wellness wet foods are made at Menu Foods? Since
there's still no proof Wheat Gluten is the culprit, I wouldn't jump on
any bandwagons just yet.
http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=208

Btw ALL P&G (Iams, Eukanuba, etc) wet foods have now been recalled
too!
http://www.pg.com/homepage_announcements.jhtml?document=/consumer/consumer_homepage_iams_euk_recall.xml

> Buy Wellness cat food! I've started a grassroots effort with my
> family and my mom is now feeding her dogs and cat Wellness. My sister
> always has. My grandma is going to convert soon. I'm still working
> on my uncle. Then I'll start global domination (wink)!http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/aboutus_history.htmlfor more
> information.
>
> Even though Iams swears that they have changed their methods of animal
> testing, I couldn't bring myself to purchase their food. Now I'm
> extremely proud as I knew there was a reason to hold out.
>
> And in regards to animal testing, read this article I heard on the
> news this morning,http://www.wnbc.com/family/11295196/detail.html?dl=headlineclick.
> All they did was feed the animals their food and 14%-17.5% died as a
> result! Not to mention that the suspected culprit is a filler that
> shouldn't be in pet food in the first place! Argh, sorry, this is so
> upsetting to me.
>
> Wishing your critters the best,
> Heather

March 22nd 07, 05:18 PM
On Mar 22, 12:05 pm, wrote:
> Did you know that Wellness wet foods are made at Menu Foods? Since
> there's still no proof Wheat Gluten is the culprit, I wouldn't jump on
> any bandwagons just yet.http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=208

New Link
http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=210

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 05:31 PM
I have to wonder how taking pot shots at me is going to solve anything.

--

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 03:10:22 GMT, "Sherry" > wrote:
> Your opinion is in agreement with experts in cat nutrition, but let's not
> confuse CP with facts. :)
>
> --
> Lynne

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 05:32 PM
I bet you don't hear the word screw you that often or do you? You'd think
people in this group could act like adults but apparently that doesn't seem
to be the case.

--

"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Typical response when someone is proven wrong. Try something new
>
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>>I cleared up what I was trying to say, you don't need to be rude about it.
>>Perhaps you have a little growing up to do.
>>
>> --
>> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
>> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>>
>> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
>> www.panthertekit.com
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>> No flame war need WHEN YOU ARE WRONG YOU ARE WRONG! YOU GOT PROVEN
>>> WRONG!
>>> Say you are sorry, move on and shut up about it

zinzee
March 22nd 07, 05:34 PM
On Mar 21, 11:10 pm, "Sherry" > wrote:
<snip>

> Usually I leave CP alone in his little world, but I can't stand
> misinformation being posted, especially in such an authoritative tone.
> Taurine is *extremely* important to a cat's diet.
> My opinion is that a diet of strictly dry food is NOT as healthy as
> tinned food.
> If you do a search, you'll find that Cat Protector sang the praises of
> Friskies and Special Kitty a while back. No other brand even compared,
> according to him. That's fine, that's his opinion & he's entitled to
> it I suppose.
> I just don't want anyone taking his word as the authority figure on
> all things cat food.
> Blue Buffalo is probably pretty good food, all things considered. But
> I'd sure be feeding some canned food with it.
>
> Sherry

Sherry, thanks for the advice! I noticed he got a little snippy with
me but I didn't want to start a flame war. As I'm sure you know, I'm
new to this group so I didn't know his Friskies history!!

Anyhow, it all worked out because in my mind I thought we had a Pets
Mart in Union Square. I went down there last night and it was PETCO,
hah! In 3+ aisles of canned food didn't find a single brand I would
want to offer my cat. I also tried searching the Blue Buffalo web
site for stores that carried their food. It turns out the few on
their list within five miles of me didn't even carry it (five miles is
a long way speaking in no car NYC terms)! Not even the holistic pet
store we have in the East Village carries it. Anyhow, I'm going to go
check out that store because it's probably only something NYC and LA
would have, might as well take advantage. They also might have some
good recommendations for vets as I'm shopping around right now.

All the best,
Heather

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 05:34 PM
I've been in this group longer than you have and I'd say I'm pretty
experienced in the world of cats. I could list all of them but it probably
wouldn't do you any good. The list doesn't include pictures.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...

> Uh, I have a right to my opinion and couldn't give a rat's ass if anyone
> else agrees with me. My opinion, BTW, is that you are irritating as hell.
> Add that to the FACT that you post inaccurate information, and my
> conclusion is that you add NO VALUE to my experience here. What's worse
> is
> that you could be dangerous for some poor n00b reading your BS.
>
> --
> Lynne

zinzee
March 22nd 07, 05:41 PM
On Mar 22, 12:18 pm, wrote:
> On Mar 22, 12:05 pm, wrote:
>
> > Did you know that Wellness wet foods are made at Menu Foods? Since
> > there's still no proof Wheat Gluten is the culprit, I wouldn't jump on
> > any bandwagons just yet.http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=208
>
> New Linkhttp://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=210

Oh no! I really don't want to support this company. What food would
you recommend?

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 06:01 PM
Now who needs to grow up. Poor child you fall into the pathetic category of
keep on trying to come up with something original.

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message

< snipped for being stupid>

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 06:35 PM
Once again and I state..... I never said Taurine wasn't important, I said
that although taurine is
important in a feline diet, getting your cat on a good healthy regement is
the most important part. Taurine is only one factor in the whole entire diet
but there are other elements that also come into play. I guess no matter
what you post in this group, if you aren't with the in crowd or you don't
follow a certain standard of posting then you are jumped on by other people.
I remember when this group got started and it was somewhat of a peaceful
place, now we get people who instead of asking you to explain what you mean,
you're called names, told never to post again, or to simply just shut up and
not post. Very sad.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"zinzee" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 21, 11:10 pm, "Sherry" > wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Usually I leave CP alone in his little world, but I can't stand
>> misinformation being posted, especially in such an authoritative tone.
>> Taurine is *extremely* important to a cat's diet.
>> My opinion is that a diet of strictly dry food is NOT as healthy as
>> tinned food.
>> If you do a search, you'll find that Cat Protector sang the praises of
>> Friskies and Special Kitty a while back. No other brand even compared,
>> according to him. That's fine, that's his opinion & he's entitled to
>> it I suppose.
>> I just don't want anyone taking his word as the authority figure on
>> all things cat food.
>> Blue Buffalo is probably pretty good food, all things considered. But
>> I'd sure be feeding some canned food with it.
>>
>> Sherry
>
> Sherry, thanks for the advice! I noticed he got a little snippy with
> me but I didn't want to start a flame war. As I'm sure you know, I'm
> new to this group so I didn't know his Friskies history!!
>
> Anyhow, it all worked out because in my mind I thought we had a Pets
> Mart in Union Square. I went down there last night and it was PETCO,
> hah! In 3+ aisles of canned food didn't find a single brand I would
> want to offer my cat. I also tried searching the Blue Buffalo web
> site for stores that carried their food. It turns out the few on
> their list within five miles of me didn't even carry it (five miles is
> a long way speaking in no car NYC terms)! Not even the holistic pet
> store we have in the East Village carries it. Anyhow, I'm going to go
> check out that store because it's probably only something NYC and LA
> would have, might as well take advantage. They also might have some
> good recommendations for vets as I'm shopping around right now.
>
> All the best,
> Heather

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 06:54 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:32:21 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> I bet you don't hear the word screw you that often or do you? You'd
> think people in this group could act like adults but apparently that
> doesn't seem to be the case.

waah waah waah

Apparently you haven't been around Usenet very long.

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 06:55 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:34:32 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> I've been in this group longer than you have and I'd say I'm pretty
> experienced in the world of cats. I could list all of them but it
> probably wouldn't do you any good. The list doesn't include pictures.

Oh how cute. If you're pretty experienced in the world of cats, it's not
evident in your posts.

I'm just sayin'.

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 06:59 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:41:09 GMT, "zinzee" > wrote:

> Oh no! I really don't want to support this company. What food would
> you recommend?

I've been feeding my cats Innova Evo for several months, wet and dry (my 3
year old isn't too keen on the wet, but I'm working on that). I'm VERY
pleased with how well they are doing on this food. I order it from petfood
direct.com, but my local health food store also carries it so I buy it
there sometimes (it's just not very close geographically, so ordering it is
just as convenient).

I switched my dog over to Wellness last month and I'm NOT happy with it.
The dog food (dry) at least has a lot of fillers and her poops are
GINORMOUS. We're switching again to either California Natural (same
company as Innova Evo) or Candidae. I'm waiting on a CN sample for her.
I'm not sure if the Wellness cat foods have excess fillers like their dog
foods do, so take that FWIW.

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 07:00 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:59:34 GMT, Lynne >
wrote:

> Candidae

sorry, Canidae

--
Lynne

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 07:34 PM
This is such crap. I guess if being a part of your in crowd is the thing
nowadays then I'm glad I walk the halls alone.

--

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:34:32 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
> wrote:
>
>> I've been in this group longer than you have and I'd say I'm pretty
>> experienced in the world of cats. I could list all of them but it
>> probably wouldn't do you any good. The list doesn't include pictures.
>
> Oh how cute. If you're pretty experienced in the world of cats, it's not
> evident in your posts.
>
> I'm just sayin'.
>
> --
> Lynne

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 07:35 PM
I've been around this group way longer than a lot of you have. It's a shame
that those like yourself have to ruin it by picking on people.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...

> waah waah waah
>
> Apparently you haven't been around Usenet very long.
>
> --
> Lynne

zinzee
March 22nd 07, 08:14 PM
On Mar 22, 1:59 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:41:09 GMT, "zinzee" > wrote:
>
> > Oh no! I really don't want to support this company. What food would
> > you recommend?
>
> I've been feeding my cats Innova Evo for several months, wet and dry (my 3
> year old isn't too keen on the wet, but I'm working on that). I'm VERY
> pleased with how well they are doing on this food. I order it from petfood
> direct.com, but my local health food store also carries it so I buy it
> there sometimes (it's just not very close geographically, so ordering it is
> just as convenient).
>
> I switched my dog over to Wellness last month and I'm NOT happy with it.
> The dog food (dry) at least has a lot of fillers and her poops are
> GINORMOUS. We're switching again to either California Natural (same
> company as Innova Evo) or Candidae. I'm waiting on a CN sample for her.
> I'm not sure if the Wellness cat foods have excess fillers like their dog
> foods do, so take that FWIW.
>
> --
> Lynne

Hi, Lynne. Thanks for the input. Little Mack C. is pretty much on
wet food and Natura Pet Products (they make Innova and Evo) does have
their "Wet foods made by Menu Foods but not involved in the
recall." (http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=210)

I'm sure the food is safe but I'm hoping to not support this company
anymore (I didn't actually know I had been!).

Thanks for the input though!

Best,
Heather

zinzee
March 22nd 07, 08:14 PM
On Mar 22, 2:00 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:59:34 GMT, Lynne >
> wrote:
>
> > Candidae
>
> sorry, Canidae
>
> --
> Lynne

Sorry, forgot to mention they don't have any profuct made my Menu
Foods (both Canidae and Felidae).

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 08:28 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> This is such crap. I guess if being a part of your in crowd is the thing
> nowadays then I'm glad I walk the halls alone.

ROFLMAO what a joke

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 08:32 PM
:Taurine isn't exactly the most important element in a cat food."

Your own words

Now say you were wrong, shut up about it and move on. Very simple not a big
deal

The others that come here do that when they are wrong why are you having
such a problem; that was not a invitation to respond.

> [...]
>> me but I didn't want to start a flame war. As I'm sure you know, I'm
>> new to this group so I didn't know his Friskies history!!
>>
>> Anyhow, it all worked out because in my mind I thought we had a Pets
>> Mart in Union Square. I went down there last night and it was PETCO,
>> hah! In 3+ aisles of canned food didn't find a single brand I would
>> want to offer my cat. I also tried searching the Blue Buffalo web
>> site for stores that carried their food. It turns out the few on
>> their list within five miles of me didn't even carry it (five miles is
>> a long way speaking in no car NYC terms)! Not even the holistic pet
>> store we have in the East Village carries it. Anyhow, I'm going to go
>> check out that store because it's probably only something NYC and LA
>> would have, might as well take advantage. They also might have some
>> good recommendations for vets as I'm shopping around right now.

Cat Protector
March 22nd 07, 08:43 PM
I also explained why I said what I said but apparently people such as
yourself don't want to listen to me explain why I said what I said. For the
final and last time I say that although taurine is important, a good healthy
diet is the main important ingredient in a cat's health and well being.
Instead of hearing that part you are all tuning it out and turning it into a
chance to pick on someone else.

--

"Matthew" > wrote in message
> :Taurine isn't exactly the most important element in a cat food."
>
> Your own words
>
> Now say you were wrong, shut up about it and move on. Very simple not a
> big deal
>
> The others that come here do that when they are wrong why are you having
> such a problem; that was not a invitation to respond.
>

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>> Once again and I state..... I never said Taurine wasn't important, I said
>> that although taurine is
>> important in a feline diet, getting your cat on a good healthy regement
>> is the most important part. Taurine is only one factor in the whole
>> entire diet but there are other elements that also come into play. I
>> guess no matter what you post in this group, if you aren't with the in
>> crowd or you don't follow a certain standard of posting then you are
>> jumped on by other people. I remember when this group got started and it
>> was somewhat of a peaceful place, now we get people who instead of asking
>> you to explain what you mean, you're called names, told never to post
>> again, or to simply just shut up and not post. Very sad.
>>

>> --
>> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
>> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>>
>> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
>> www.panthertekit.com
>> "zinzee" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> On Mar 21, 11:10 pm, "Sherry" > wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> Sherry, thanks for the advice! I noticed he got a little snippy with
>>> me but I didn't want to start a flame war. As I'm sure you know, I'm
>>> new to this group so I didn't know his Friskies history!!
>>>
>>> Anyhow, it all worked out because in my mind I thought we had a Pets
>>> Mart in Union Square. I went down there last night and it was PETCO,
>>> hah! In 3+ aisles of canned food didn't find a single brand I would
>>> want to offer my cat. I also tried searching the Blue Buffalo web
>>> site for stores that carried their food. It turns out the few on
>>> their list within five miles of me didn't even carry it (five miles is
>>> a long way speaking in no car NYC terms)! Not even the holistic pet
>>> store we have in the East Village carries it. Anyhow, I'm going to go
>>> check out that store because it's probably only something NYC and LA
>>> would have, might as well take advantage. They also might have some
>>> good recommendations for vets as I'm shopping around right now.
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>> Heather

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 08:44 PM
Brandy the has been porn star was around for years and she was worthless.
Being here longer means jack [email protected]

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> I've been around this group way longer than a lot of you have. It's a
> shame that those like yourself have to ruin it by picking on people.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
> www.panthertekit.com
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> m...
>

>> waah waah waah
>>
>> Apparently you haven't been around Usenet very long.
>>
>> --
>> Lynne

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 08:54 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:14:17 GMT, "zinzee" > wrote:

> Hi, Lynne. Thanks for the input. Little Mack C. is pretty much on
> wet food and Natura Pet Products (they make Innova and Evo) does have
> their "Wet foods made by Menu Foods but not involved in the
> recall." (http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=210)
>
> I'm sure the food is safe but I'm hoping to not support this company
> anymore (I didn't actually know I had been!).
>
> Thanks for the input though!

Well holy crap, I had no idea that Innova was using Menu Foods. This is
troubling to me. Very, very troubling... Thanks for posting that. Even
if I don't like the information, I prefer the facts. I really don't want
to support Menu Foods after this, either, so I can only hope that Natura
Pet Products dissolves their relationship with them.

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 08:54 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:28:54 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> ROFLMAO what a joke

Especially considering I've butted heads with pretty much everyone here.
LOFL.

--
Lynne

Sherry
March 22nd 07, 08:57 PM
On Mar 22, 11:34 am, "zinzee" > wrote:
> On Mar 21, 11:10 pm, "Sherry" > wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Usually I leave CP alone in his little world, but I can't stand
> > misinformation being posted, especially in such an authoritative tone.
> > Taurine is *extremely* important to a cat's diet.
> > My opinion is that a diet of strictly dry food is NOT as healthy as
> > tinned food.
> > If you do a search, you'll find that Cat Protector sang the praises of
> > Friskies and Special Kitty a while back. No other brand even compared,
> > according to him. That's fine, that's his opinion & he's entitled to
> > it I suppose.
> > I just don't want anyone taking his word as the authority figure on
> > all things cat food.
> > Blue Buffalo is probably pretty good food, all things considered. But
> > I'd sure be feeding some canned food with it.
>
> > Sherry
>
> Sherry, thanks for the advice! I noticed he got a little snippy with
> me but I didn't want to start a flame war. As I'm sure you know, I'm
> new to this group so I didn't know his Friskies history!!
>
> Anyhow, it all worked out because in my mind I thought we had a Pets
> Mart in Union Square. I went down there last night and it was PETCO,
> hah! In 3+ aisles of canned food didn't find a single brand I would
> want to offer my cat. I also tried searching the Blue Buffalo web
> site for stores that carried their food. It turns out the few on
> their list within five miles of me didn't even carry it (five miles is
> a long way speaking in no car NYC terms)! Not even the holistic pet
> store we have in the East Village carries it. Anyhow, I'm going to go
> check out that store because it's probably only something NYC and LA
> would have, might as well take advantage. They also might have some
> good recommendations for vets as I'm shopping around right now.
>
> All the best,
> Heather

Ha! I have the same problem--only it's because I live in a little
town. If you can even call it a town. We're driving 54 miles to
Petsmart once a month. You can imagine how the cart is loaded with
food & litter. Invariably, the clerk will say "HOW MANY CATS DO YOU
HAVE??" I have to explain every time. I tried Petfooddirect.com. They
have good sales, which usually cancels out shipping costs. But UPS
left the package at the wrong house, it took four days for them to
find it. By then I was out of cat food, and the only thing the store
here carries is...."Chef's Blend". These poor spoiled cats looked at
me like "You've got to be joking."
Blue Buffalo is in Petsmart right now in these little $1 trial sized
bags. I bought them one for kicks. They seemed to like it. They don't
like the Blue Buffalo (actually I think the name is "Spa Select")
canned though. It's a mushy texture, and I think that's what they
don't like. If your kitties already like Wellness canned, they'd
probably like BB Spa Select. The texture is a lot the same.

Sherry

Sherry
Sherry

PawsForThought
March 22nd 07, 09:03 PM
On Mar 22, 12:41 pm, "zinzee" > wrote:
> On Mar 22, 12:18 pm, wrote:
>
> > On Mar 22, 12:05 pm, wrote:
>
> > > Did you know that Wellness wet foods are made at Menu Foods? Since
> > > there's still no proof Wheat Gluten is the culprit, I wouldn't jump on
> > > any bandwagons just yet.http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=208
>
> > New Linkhttp://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=210
>
> Oh no! I really don't want to support this company. What food would
> you recommend?

There are several brands listed on that link that appear to be safe.
If you have a Whole Foods Market near you, they carry petfood, brands
like Petguard, Nature''s Variety and Newman's that I do not believe
are supplied by Menu Foods.

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 09:16 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:03:40 GMT, "PawsForThought" >
wrote:

> Newman's

I'm curious if anyone here has tried Newmans for their cats (or dogs)? I
like Newman's people food products a lot, but haven't really heard any
feedback one way or the other on their pet foods.

--
Lynne

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 09:20 PM
Tease me girl ;-) thank sounded kinky

< evil grin >

"Lynne" > wrote in message
> on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:28:54 GMT, "Matthew"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> ROFLMAO what a joke
>
> Especially considering I've butted heads with pretty much everyone here.
> LOFL.
>
> --
> Lynne

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 09:27 PM
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:20:46 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Tease me girl ;-) thank sounded kinky
>
> < evil grin >

Hehe. What's funny is that I clipped the kinky part before sending!

Think acronym: Clueless Usenet Morons.

--
Lynne

Matthew
March 22nd 07, 09:42 PM
TEASE ME I LOVE IT ;-)
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:20:46 GMT, "Matthew"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> Tease me girl ;-) thank sounded kinky
>>
>> < evil grin >
>
> Hehe. What's funny is that I clipped the kinky part before sending!
>
> Think acronym: Clueless Usenet Morons.
>
> --
> Lynne

Gail Futoran
March 23rd 07, 01:00 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:03:40 GMT, "PawsForThought"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> Newman's
>
> I'm curious if anyone here has tried Newmans for their cats (or
> dogs)? I
> like Newman's people food products a lot, but haven't really heard
> any
> feedback one way or the other on their pet foods.
>
> --
> Lynne

I tried it, my cats weren't interested, but
they're resistant to new foods. Given
this recall, I might try a few cans of
Newsman's again.

I've been putting down California Natural
dry for probably a year, and it's only been
in the last couple of months that it
started disappearing faster than the Science
Diet Original, which they previously
preferred. Now they hardly touch the SD.
They also seem to like Chicken Soup
which I've only recently started offering.

Gail F.

Cat Protector
March 23rd 07, 09:26 AM
Ok. It appears after looking it up, there were two brands of Wellness food
and the one I posted was by Flint River Ranch. I've never used the Wellness
Brand myself but I apologize for the confusion. Before anyone decides to
name-call I remind you that nobody is perfect.

---MIKE---
March 23rd 07, 12:50 PM
I called Wellness yesterday. They said that Menu does can their food
for them but they (Wellness) provide the ingredients. They were easy to
get ahold of and forthright in their answers.