PDA

View Full Version : Date Code Question RE: Recall

MoMo via CatKB.com
March 20th 07, 03:53 AM
Hi everyone. So, I am panic stricken as I am sure most of you all are of
this pet recall. I feed my guys Iams wet pouches. When I checked the code
on the back of the pouches, they match the plant code number but thankfully
not the date code. My question is, and not sure if anyone here will know
this, but how do I know that the previous pouches that I have fed them over
the past several months were not within the recalled date code range? I
tried calling Iams and of course they are closed (really annoys me that they
close at normal hours when there is a recall going on) so I have been calling
Menufoods and actually got through a little while ago only to be told that
Iams is handling their own recall questions. So, I cannot get any answers
tonight, which means no sleep. If anyone knows anything about the Iams date
codes I would appreciate some input. Also, if the cats are affected, does
anyone know how long it would take for symptoms to set in?

Cat Protector
March 20th 07, 08:45 AM
If you are really worried then I'd just dispose of the packets you have and
get your cats checked out at the vet. If your cat isn't eating, has signs of
vomiting, etc, then you're definitely going to want get the cat to the vet
ASAP. Iams and Eukanuba actually pulled some of their products as a
precaution. I've heard some symptoms have set in as soon as the cats ate the
food while others took a couple of days.

I know it's easy to panic but this kind of thing can hit just about any food
company. The side effect is that a recall will scare some people into buying
other brands that aren't listed and maybe convince people to start reading
the ingredients on the label. I recommend that if you truly are so worried
about your cats food then maybe try Blue Buffalo which you can get at
Petsmart. I use it for my cats and they love it.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"MoMo via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi everyone. So, I am panic stricken as I am sure most of you all are of
> this pet recall. I feed my guys Iams wet pouches. When I checked the
> code
> on the back of the pouches, they match the plant code number but
> thankfully
> not the date code. My question is, and not sure if anyone here will know
> this, but how do I know that the previous pouches that I have fed them
> over
> the past several months were not within the recalled date code range? I
> tried calling Iams and of course they are closed (really annoys me that
> they
> close at normal hours when there is a recall going on) so I have been
> calling
> Menufoods and actually got through a little while ago only to be told that
> Iams is handling their own recall questions. So, I cannot get any answers
> tonight, which means no sleep. If anyone knows anything about the Iams
> date
> codes I would appreciate some input. Also, if the cats are affected, does
> anyone know how long it would take for symptoms to set in?

dgk
March 20th 07, 12:55 PM
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:45:28 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>If you are really worried then I'd just dispose of the packets you have and
>get your cats checked out at the vet. If your cat isn't eating, has signs of
>vomiting, etc, then you're definitely going to want get the cat to the vet
>ASAP. Iams and Eukanuba actually pulled some of their products as a
>precaution. I've heard some symptoms have set in as soon as the cats ate the
>food while others took a couple of days.
>
>I know it's easy to panic but this kind of thing can hit just about any food
>company. The side effect is that a recall will scare some people into buying
>other brands that aren't listed and maybe convince people to start reading
>the ingredients on the label. I recommend that if you truly are so worried
>about your cats food then maybe try Blue Buffalo which you can get at
>Petsmart. I use it for my cats and they love it.

I'm always looking out for new stuff for them but it's tough getting
them to eat anything but ProPlan Salmon and Rice.