PDA

View Full Version : suggestions from the pros

March 20th 07, 03:59 AM
I take in abused dogs and thought they were under control. I bought
a product called Urinegone and with the black light it showed my new
carpet installed in November has numerous spots that one bottle will
not work. I was horrified and still owe thousands of dollars for the
carpet. The problem is, I can't see it until I use the black light so
my friends think I'm overreacting. I need a professional to save my
carpet and the right product. I'm sick about it and the yellow urine
does not show in the spots by visual eye during the day. However, I'm
a very clean person and was upset to use this device in the dark. I
have a steam cleaner, but don't want to make the matter worse. Please
help, I can't give up the dogs.

Debbie

I understand your situation very well. we have encountered this
situation many times in the past. first let me explain something
that
you need to know about urine. No matter how many times you clean it,
or with what product you clean it with, you will always be able to
see
the urine stains under a black light. Once the urine is in the
carpet, it is pretty much impossible to make it disappear under black
light. the best thing you can do is to make sure that you clean,
disinfect and deodorize it the best you can. That way at least you
know it is as clean and sanitary as possible.

that being said, the two best procedure that I can recommend to you
are the following.

1. If there is not a stong pet urine odor at this time, then a
simple
carpet cleaning along with a strong disinfectant/deodorizer is
probably all the you need to use in order to make it as sanitary as
possible. The products that we offer which you will need for this
procedure are our carpet and upholstery cleaner and our
disinfectant/deodorizer. I would recommend our 1.5 or 2 pound
container of carpet cleaner and 16-32oz of our dis/deodorizer (either
scent will do). A gerneral rule of thumb that you need to know
about
cleaning pet urine is that if you can not smell it when the carpet is
dry, then you won't be able to smell it after you have cleaned it,
and
the carpet is dry. Just remember that most urine stains will create
stronger smell once they are wet, but will usually go away once it
is
dry. This is the simplest and cheapest way of treating this
problem.
This combination of products would be very good for you to have on
hand as well. If you can get to any future stains right when they
happen, then using these two products together should be all you need
to take care of the problem, and it shouldn't allow the urine long
enough to cause major problems.

2. If there is a stong urine smell that you are trying to get rid of
then the following procedure will be necessary.
Extract the carpet with your steam cleaner the best you can using
just
hot water at first. Then apply which ever pet urine product you have
or feel will work the best for you. If you choose to purchase our
product, we are more than happy to send it to you, and feel it is the
best urine treatment product that we have used, and or tested in the
past. Also remember that our products are concentrated and therefore
when diluted it makes approximately 4 times the amount you originally
purchase. This should help to cut the cost of the treatment. When
applying the urine product to the carpet remember that the urine is
most likely in the backing and padding of the carpet, not just the
carpet fibers themselves. so it is critical that you apply enough
product to the stained area that it soaks down into the backing and
the padding. Otherwise, it will not be as effective as possible.
Once the product has been properly applied allow it to sit for the
recommened time. Our product wait time is 30-60 minutes. Then using
your steam cleaning machine, extract out the pet urine product using
hot water. Once the carpet is completely dry, usually takes a couple
of days, if you still smell an odor repeat the process. However,
remember that in some severe cases where the pet urine has soaked
deep
into carpet pad, it may me necessary to pull up the carpet, replace
the pad, and then apply the pet urine treatment to the top and bottom
of the carpet. This is actaully the most effective way of treating
pet urine problems, it just takes more time and effort. So try it
without pulling the carpet up first. If the results are
satisfactory,
then great. If not then you may need to pull up the carpet.

This is the recommended procedure for cleaning pet urine stains. If
you need any further assistance or have other question, do not
hesitate to ask us. Good luck.

Devron Larson
protect carpet cleaning

MaryL
March 20th 07, 04:41 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I take in abused dogs and thought they were under control. I bought
> a product called Urinegone and with the black light it showed my new
> carpet installed in November has numerous spots that one bottle will
> not work. I was horrified and still owe thousands of dollars for the
> carpet. The problem is, I can't see it until I use the black light so
> my friends think I'm overreacting. I need a professional to save my
> carpet and the right product. I'm sick about it and the yellow urine
> does not show in the spots by visual eye during the day. However, I'm
> a very clean person and was upset to use this device in the dark. I
> have a steam cleaner, but don't want to make the matter worse. Please
> help, I can't give up the dogs.
>>

> Debbie

Are you sure all of this is urine? Black light is good for detecting urine
stains, but it will also detect all sorts of other spotting -- even dust, in
many instances. Most people would probably be horrified if they looked
closely at their carpets and upholstered furniture with a black light. So,
that's a good start, but don't automatically assume that all of your stains
are urine (especially if there is no detectable odor).

MaryL