PDA

View Full Version : We have kittens!!!!!!!

22brix
March 21st 07, 01:43 AM
"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..
> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
> around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a
> couple of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies
> with white on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she thought
> there were four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good job
> getting them cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I
> looked.

That's great! It's so good to hear good news! Wishing them all good health
and wonderful loving homes!

Bonnie

Linda Boucher
March 21st 07, 02:04 AM
Hi
maybe you should think about getting her fixed
after this.so she wont have anymore kittens
Linda
> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten

cindys
March 21st 07, 02:27 AM
"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wendy" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
>>> around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a
>>> couple of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies
>>> with white on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she
>>> thought there were four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good
>>> job getting them cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I
>>> looked.
>>>

>> Good job, Mommy cat! PICS!
>>

> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469806.jpg
>
> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469823.jpg

-------------------
They are so adorable I can't stand it! Congratulations to all of you!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Wendy
March 21st 07, 02:30 AM
She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a couple
of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies with white
on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she thought there were
four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good job getting them
cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I looked.

cindys
March 21st 07, 02:32 AM
"Linda Boucher" > wrote in message
> Hi
> maybe you should think about getting her fixed
> after this.so she wont have anymore kittens
----------
Wendy is fostering this cat for a rescue group. The cat was picked up as a
pregnant stray. I have no doubt that the cat will be spayed as soon as it is
safe to do so.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
March 21st 07, 03:04 AM
"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..
> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
> around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a
> couple of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies
> with white on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she thought
> there were four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good job
> getting them cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I
> looked.

Good job, Mommy cat! PICS!

Wendy
March 21st 07, 03:17 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Wendy" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
>> around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a
>> couple of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies
>> with white on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she
>> thought there were four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good
>> job getting them cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I
>> looked.
>>

> Good job, Mommy cat! PICS!

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469806.jpg

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469823.jpg

Wendy
March 21st 07, 03:25 AM
"Linda Boucher" > wrote in message
> Hi
> maybe you should think about getting her fixed
> after this.so she wont have anymore kittens
> Linda

That goes without saying. She's one of my fosters. She had been living in
the basement of an abandoned house. As soon as her kittens are old enough to
be adopted she'll be spayed and we'll look for a good home for her too.

March 21st 07, 03:47 AM
"Wendy" > wrote
>> Good job, Mommy cat! PICS!
>>

> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469806.jpg
>
> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469823.jpg

OH OH OH!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about, oooooo

There are four!! Look at their little white feeties, oooooooo!

Thank you, Wendy.

How's Mamacat?

cybercat
March 21st 07, 03:48 AM
"Linda Boucher" > wrote in message
> Hi
> maybe you should think about getting her fixed
> after this.so she wont have anymore kittens
> Linda

Wendy works in rescue and fostering, Linda. Stick around
a while and you'll figure out who is who.

Wendy
March 21st 07, 04:06 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Wendy" > wrote
>>> Good job, Mommy cat! PICS!
>>>

>> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469806.jpg
>>
>> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469823.jpg
>>

> OH OH OH!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about, oooooo
>
> There are four!! Look at their little white feeties, oooooooo!
>
> Thank you, Wendy.
>
> How's Mamacat?

Momma seems to be feeling better than she has in quite a while. She had
gotten so huge that she was barely able to climb into the litter box. I'm
sure she's a lot happier with them on the outside. She worked up quite an
appetite and is scarfing down some good canned kitten food. She's a really
good mom and is taking excellent care of her little ones.

Barry
March 21st 07, 06:25 AM
On Mar 20, 9:25 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:

> That goes without saying. She's one of my fosters. She had been living in
> the basement of an abandoned house. As soon as her kittens are old enough to
> be adopted she'll be spayed and we'll look for a good home for her too.

You want me to punch Linda for you? I will

Barry
March 21st 07, 06:26 AM
On Mar 20, 9:17 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:

> > Good job, Mommy cat! PICS!
>
> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469806.jpg
>
> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/239469823.jpg

cute kittens

Wendy
March 21st 07, 12:23 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 20, 9:25 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
>
>> That goes without saying. She's one of my fosters. She had been living in
>> the basement of an abandoned house. As soon as her kittens are old enough
>> be adopted she'll be spayed and we'll look for a good home for her too.

> You want me to punch Linda for you? I will

nah, I understand the sentiment and she didn't realize she was preaching to
the choir.

Female Plant
March 21st 07, 03:29 PM
On Mar 20, 9:30 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
> around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a couple
> of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies with white
> on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she thought there were
> four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good job getting them
> cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I looked.

Showing that you are another irresponsible human is nothing to be
proud of.

cindys
March 21st 07, 04:02 PM
"Female Plant" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Mar 20, 9:30 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
>> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
>> around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a
>> couple
>> of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies with
>> white
>> on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she thought there
>> were
>> four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good job getting them
>> cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I looked.
>
> Showing that you are another irresponsible human is nothing to be
> proud of.
----------
In what way is rescuing a pregnant stray from an abandoned house being
irresponsible? Who are you to blow onto a newsgroup from nowhere and start
judging people and situations you know nothing about ? Wendy, a long-time
poster to this group, works in cat rescue and fostered this homeless cat
through a very difficult time. The cat will be spayed as soon as it is safe
to do so, and homes will be found for the kittens and the mother. The only
person who has been irresponsible here is you. You owe Wendy a big apology.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
March 21st 07, 04:14 PM
On 21 Mar, 15:02, "cindys" > wrote:
> "Female Plant" > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...> On Mar 20, 9:30 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
> >> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
> >> around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a
> >> couple
> >> of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies with
> >> white
> >> on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she thought there
> >> were
> >> four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good job getting them
> >> cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I looked.
>
> > Showing that you are another irresponsible human is nothing to be
> > proud of.
>
> ----------
> In what way is rescuing a pregnant stray from an abandoned house being
> irresponsible? Who are you to blow onto a newsgroup from nowhere and start
> judging people and situations you know nothing about ? Wendy, a long-time
> poster to this group, works in cat rescue and fostered this homeless cat
> through a very difficult time. The cat will be spayed as soon as it is safe
> to do so, and homes will be found for the kittens and the mother. The only
> person who has been irresponsible here is you. You owe Wendy a big apology.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

CONGRATULATIONS
**************************
I am So pleased for you Wendy...
Now you get to sit back & enjoy as you should, lol.
Being a kitty grandma is great because you get to do all the cuddling,
& when they are naughty or need their nappies (diapers) changing, all
you have to do is hand them back to mummy;o)

Keep those photos coming too!
They look plumpalicious furrbabes.
cuddles for mummy too of course, with the odd head butt & ear rub too
S;o)

cybercat
March 21st 07, 05:00 PM
"Female Plant" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Mar 20, 9:30 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
>> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
>> around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a
>> couple
>> of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies with
>> white
>> on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she thought there
>> were
>> four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good job getting them
>> cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I looked.
>
> Showing that you are another irresponsible human is nothing to be
> proud of.

Idiot. she took in a pregnant stray and is fostering.

Barry
March 21st 07, 05:02 PM
On Mar 21, 6:23 am, "Wendy" > wrote:

> nah, I understand the sentiment and she didn't realize she was preaching to
> the choir.

you know, jump on her and start kicking her and wailing on her with
sticks
you know how us mean kids do sometimes

I know you're enjoying it

Barry
March 21st 07, 05:04 PM
On Mar 21, 6:23 am, "Wendy" > wrote:

> nah, I understand the sentiment and she didn't realize she was preaching to
> the choir.

oops, I hit send.

I know you're enjoying the kittens.

are you going to kiss all over them, and spoil them a little bit?

Wendy
March 21st 07, 06:27 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 21, 6:23 am, "Wendy" > wrote:
>
>> nah, I understand the sentiment and she didn't realize she was preaching
>> the choir.

> oops, I hit send.
>
> I know you're enjoying the kittens.
>
> are you going to kiss all over them, and spoil them a little bit?

Of course. The president of the rescue group always is ragging on me because
I give kisses to my babies..... and they kiss back.

Wendy
March 21st 07, 06:39 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On 21 Mar, 15:02, "cindys" > wrote:
>
> CONGRATULATIONS
> **************************
> I am So pleased for you Wendy...
> Now you get to sit back & enjoy as you should, lol.
> Being a kitty grandma is great because you get to do all the cuddling,
> & when they are naughty or need their nappies (diapers) changing, all
> you have to do is hand them back to mummy;o)
>
> Keep those photos coming too!
> They look plumpalicious furrbabes.
> cuddles for mummy too of course, with the odd head butt & ear rub too
> S;o)

http://www.picturetrail.com/ydnewp

zinzee
March 21st 07, 07:55 PM
On Mar 21, 1:39 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
<snip>

> > Keep those photos coming too!
> > They look plumpalicious furrbabes.
> > cuddles for mummy too of course, with the odd head butt & ear rub too
> > S;o)
>
> http://www.picturetrail.com/ydnewp

Oh man, so adorable! Looks like she's kneading the air like crazy! I
bet she feels a whole lot more comfortable now!!! Congrats!

Best,
Heather

cybercat
March 21st 07, 10:06 PM
"Wendy" > wrote :

> http://www.picturetrail.com/ydnewp

Oh, man, she looks so happy. She is a beautiful cat, what
an angelic face. These photos are helpful to those of us who
always adopt spayed adults, but love to look at kittens.

They all look so healthy, Wendy. I'm so glad.

sheelagh
March 22nd 07, 01:09 AM
On 21 Mar, 21:06, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Wendy" > wrote :
>

> >http://www.picturetrail.com/ydnewp
>
> Oh, man, she looks so happy. She is a beautiful cat, what
> an angelic face. These photos are helpful to those of us who
> always adopt spayed adults, but love to look at kittens.
>
> They all look so healthy, Wendy. I'm so glad.

WOW!

You have some lovely kittens there.
Even at a glance, I can see that your four new fur balls are far
plumper than our scrawny little Herbert's..
I would estimate that our little one's are around almost a quarter
smaller than yours are.
Having said that, they had a good reason to be small, & I am hoping
that now they have a foster mummy who is caring for them, that they
will gain a little weight gradually but surely...

I went to see them this afternoon & she is doing a fantastic job with
them. I can't believe how lucky we are that she took to them so well
and willingly too.

I didn't go in and touch them as there was no need. Mummy has a
perspex front on the door to her kitty pad, so that you can see
without touching.
A brilliant idea I think. I have never thought of doing that before,
but it looks ever so easy to assemble & very handy when it comes to
wanting to see / observe without interfering.
I spent a wonderful hour there supping tea out of nice china cups and
saucers
(none of that ghastly clay mugs that we normally use, lol!!;o)

Grandma, Tahnee's slave spent lots of time explaining everything that
she does & how many litters she takes in on a fairly regular basis.
She also introduced me to the rest of her feline family, which was
great. Lots of torties , tuxedo's & even a boy puss cat who looks very
similar to Ringo too.

Thank you for sharing all of these photos with us, they are
wonderful;o)

It will be really good watching both of our litters develop over the
next 9-10 weeks or so.
Just as a quick foot note, Tiggy is on the mend & had her pyometra
done yesterday evening. she is looking soooo much better now.
We had a nice cuddle today & I have to collect her tomorrow morning
hopefully..
S:o)

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 01:27 AM
on Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:39:22 GMT, "Wendy" > wrote:

> http://www.picturetrail.com/ydnewp

Oh, man, those pictures are adorable! She looks SOOOOO happy, and the
kittens are SO cute!! I'm so glad everyone is doing well. Let us know
when you put up more photos. :)

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 01:28 AM
on Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:27:57 GMT, "Wendy" > wrote:

> Of course. The president of the rescue group always is ragging on me
> because I give kisses to my babies..... and they kiss back.

I would *never* kiss a cat. *snicker*

(said as Levi suckles on my lip)

--
Lynne

Linda Boucher
March 22nd 07, 02:10 AM
no need to get nasty Barry.i was just thinking about
all the home less cat there are in this world
Linda

> You want me to punch Linda for you? I will

Wendy
March 22nd 07, 03:42 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On 21 Mar, 21:06, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "Wendy" > wrote :
>>

>> >http://www.picturetrail.com/ydnewp
>>
>> Oh, man, she looks so happy. She is a beautiful cat, what
>> an angelic face. These photos are helpful to those of us who
>> always adopt spayed adults, but love to look at kittens.
>>
>> They all look so healthy, Wendy. I'm so glad.
>
> WOW!
>
> You have some lovely kittens there.
> Even at a glance, I can see that your four new fur balls are far
> plumper than our scrawny little Herbert's..
> I would estimate that our little one's are around almost a quarter
> smaller than yours are.
> Having said that, they had a good reason to be small, & I am hoping
> that now they have a foster mummy who is caring for them, that they
> will gain a little weight gradually but surely...
>
> I went to see them this afternoon & she is doing a fantastic job with
> them. I can't believe how lucky we are that she took to them so well
> and willingly too.
>
> I didn't go in and touch them as there was no need. Mummy has a
> perspex front on the door to her kitty pad, so that you can see
> without touching.
> A brilliant idea I think. I have never thought of doing that before,
> but it looks ever so easy to assemble & very handy when it comes to
> wanting to see / observe without interfering.
> I spent a wonderful hour there supping tea out of nice china cups and
> saucers
> (none of that ghastly clay mugs that we normally use, lol!!;o)
>
> Grandma, Tahnee's slave spent lots of time explaining everything that
> she does & how many litters she takes in on a fairly regular basis.
> She also introduced me to the rest of her feline family, which was
> great. Lots of torties , tuxedo's & even a boy puss cat who looks very
> similar to Ringo too.
>
> Thank you for sharing all of these photos with us, they are
> wonderful;o)
>
> It will be really good watching both of our litters develop over the
> next 9-10 weeks or so.
> Just as a quick foot note, Tiggy is on the mend & had her pyometra
> done yesterday evening. she is looking soooo much better now.
> We had a nice cuddle today & I have to collect her tomorrow morning
> hopefully..
> S:o)

Your Tiggy should be on the mend now and be back to her old self in no time.
I expect those kittens will be growing by leaps and bounds. They'll be a lot
better off because you were able to find a surrogate for them. I always
worry so about the ones who have to be bottle fed.

You need to get us some pictures of your little ones.

Shirley Eugest
March 22nd 07, 05:40 AM
On Mar 21, 12:02 pm, "Barry" > wrote:
> you know, jump on her and start kicking her and wailing on her with
> sticks

Is that the Barry cat training method again?

biiiiig man gotta beat his cats
get some sucker to pay the vet bills

IBen Getiner
March 22nd 07, 09:31 AM
On Mar 20, 8:30?pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
> She finally went into labor this afternoon and had the first kitten at
> around 5:00. #2 came shortly after and then she took a break until a couple
> of minutes ago when she had #3. So far we have 3 little tabbies with white
> on their tummies, legs and chins. The vet said that she thought there were
> four in there she's not done yet. She's doing a good job getting them
> cleaned up and they are all in there eating last time I looked.

Great news, Windy.! I always dig news of baby kittens coming into the
world. Name one after me...!

IBen Getiner

Barry
March 22nd 07, 02:09 PM
On Mar 21, 8:10 pm, "Linda Boucher" > wrote:
> no need to get nasty Barry.i was just thinking about
> all the home less cat there are in this world
> Linda
>
> > You want me to punch Linda for you? I will

<jumping on Linda / wailing on her with a stick / shaking her /
wailing on her>

Barry
March 22nd 07, 02:10 PM
On Mar 21, 8:10 pm, "Linda Boucher" > wrote:
> no need to get nasty Barry.i was just thinking about
> all the home less cat there are in this world
> Linda
>
> > You want me to punch Linda for you? I will

<pulling your hair, shaking you up>

James Stuart
March 22nd 07, 04:23 PM
IBen Getiner wrote:
> Name one after me...!
>
> IBen Getiner

We named a pig after you. Tattooed the name on her forehead. They had
fun at the slaughterhouse and zapped her a few extra times free of charge.