PDA

View Full Version : Peewee isn't doing so great.

-L.
March 21st 07, 04:00 AM
Just thought I'd post since so many of you have known me and my cats
for so many years. Peewee has CRF and possible lymphoma and isn't
doing very well. I suspect it will be days, or weeks, at most. We
are giving pallative care, and I keep hoping he will pass in the night
so that I don't have to make the decision. He was my fat baby in a
black cat suit for years, and it's like losing my kid, so I am having
a really hard time making the decision. Please keep him in your
thoughts.
http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=8
http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=35

I have been taking him outdoors, weather permitting and it helps his
mood. I wish I could leave him out, as he enjoys it so, but I can't.
He's an awesome kitty. I will post an update as I can.

-L.

Cheryl
March 21st 07, 04:21 AM
On Tue 20 Mar 2007 11:00:20p, -L. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com>:

> Please keep him in your
> thoughts.

Of course. I'm so sorry. :( He's in good hands, and I hope you can
enjoy your time together now..

--
Cheryl

22brix
March 21st 07, 04:51 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just thought I'd post since so many of you have known me and my cats
> for so many years. Peewee has CRF and possible lymphoma and isn't
> doing very well. I suspect it will be days, or weeks, at most. We
> are giving pallative care, and I keep hoping he will pass in the night
> so that I don't have to make the decision. He was my fat baby in a
> black cat suit for years, and it's like losing my kid, so I am having
> a really hard time making the decision. Please keep him in your
> thoughts.
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=8
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=35
>
> I have been taking him outdoors, weather permitting and it helps his
> mood. I wish I could leave him out, as he enjoys it so, but I can't.
> He's an awesome kitty. I will post an update as I can.
>
> -L.

I am so sorry. It just sucks. He's a gorgeous cat.

Bonnie

mlbriggs
March 21st 07, 04:54 AM
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:00:20 -0700, -L. wrote:

> Just thought I'd post since so many of you have known me and my cats for
> so many years. Peewee has CRF and possible lymphoma and isn't doing very
> well. I suspect it will be days, or weeks, at most. We are giving
> pallative care, and I keep hoping he will pass in the night so that I
> don't have to make the decision. He was my fat baby in a black cat suit
> for years, and it's like losing my kid, so I am having a really hard time
> making the decision. Please keep him in your thoughts.
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=8
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=35
>
> I have been taking him outdoors, weather permitting and it helps his mood.
> I wish I could leave him out, as he enjoys it so, but I can't. He's an
> awesome kitty. I will post an update as I can.
>
> -L.

Purrs for your furry one. What food has he been eating?

cybercat
March 21st 07, 05:15 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just thought I'd post since so many of you have known me and my cats
> for so many years. Peewee has CRF and possible lymphoma and isn't
> doing very well. I suspect it will be days, or weeks, at most. We
> are giving pallative care, and I keep hoping he will pass in the night
> so that I don't have to make the decision. He was my fat baby in a
> black cat suit for years, and it's like losing my kid, so I am having
> a really hard time making the decision. Please keep him in your
> thoughts.
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=8
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=35
>
> I have been taking him outdoors, weather permitting and it helps his
> mood. I wish I could leave him out, as he enjoys it so, but I can't.
> He's an awesome kitty. I will post an update as I can.

I'm sorry to hear this, Lyn. He's a handsome boy!

cindys
March 21st 07, 01:45 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just thought I'd post since so many of you have known me and my cats
> for so many years. Peewee has CRF and possible lymphoma and isn't
> doing very well. I suspect it will be days, or weeks, at most. We
> are giving pallative care, and I keep hoping he will pass in the night
> so that I don't have to make the decision. He was my fat baby in a
> black cat suit for years, and it's like losing my kid, so I am having
> a really hard time making the decision. Please keep him in your
> thoughts.
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=8
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=35
>
> I have been taking him outdoors, weather permitting and it helps his
> mood. I wish I could leave him out, as he enjoys it so, but I can't.
> He's an awesome kitty. I will post an update as I can.
------------
I'm so sorry. He looks like an incredible kitty. Purrs for you and Peewee.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Rene S.
March 21st 07, 03:59 PM
> I have been taking him outdoors, weather permitting and it helps his
> mood. I wish I could leave him out, as he enjoys it so, but I can't.
> He's an awesome kitty. I will post an update as I can.
>
> -L.

He is such a handsome boy! Hugs to you and Peewee. Enjoy the time you
have left together and spoil him rotten, of course.

sheelagh
March 21st 07, 05:36 PM
On 21 Mar, 14:59, "Rene S." > wrote:
> > I have been taking him outdoors, weather permitting and it helps his
> > mood. I wish I could leave him out, as he enjoys it so, but I can't.
> > He's an awesome kitty. I will post an update as I can.
>
> > -L.
>
> He is such a handsome boy! Hugs to you and Peewee. Enjoy the time you
> have left together and spoil him rotten, of course.

We went through the same thing quite recently, so I understand your
plight..
Make the most of your best friend & enjoy every single moment.
Memories are free, but also one of the nicest things in the world to
treasure, far more than money can buy too...

Continued Best Wishes & thought from us all, including soothing purrs
from the feline family too.
S;o)

-L.
March 21st 07, 09:52 PM
mlbriggs wrote:
> Purrs for your furry one. What food has he been eating?

He perked up a lot today - I had him outside for a couple of hours.

He's eaten Friskie's canned his entire life and Nutro chow, along with
Purina Diabetic diet off and on over the last 3 years or so. He's had
terrible problems with hair blockages for about 5 years - nearly died
once and was really sick another time - got him off the Hairball
maint. foods and it helped. D/M was all he would eat for awhile. We
are pretty sure he has lymphoma of the bowel but I didn't want to
biopsy it as he's 16 (almost 17) and not a good patient. He had a
rough start - taken from Mom at 4 or 5 weeks, and had wicked ringworm
that took a lot of meds to cure, so I am sure that took a toll. I
have had him since 6 weeks, IIRC. He's had a great life and been a
great cat - I will make sure he isn't suffering and will euthanize him
if I think he is. I am hoping he will go peacfully into the night, so
I don't have to make that decision...

-L.

-L.
March 21st 07, 09:54 PM
Cheryl wrote:
> On Tue 20 Mar 2007 11:00:20p, -L. wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> oups.com>:
>
> > Please keep him in your
> > thoughts.
>
> Of course. I'm so sorry. :( He's in good hands, and I hope you can
> enjoy your time together now..
>
> --
> Cheryl

Even Mimi is being nice to him - and that's a rare occurance, LOL!!!
I fear that she won't last long once he's gone. They have this
love:hate relationship and have been together since kittenhood. :*(
-L.

Wendy
March 21st 07, 10:49 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just thought I'd post since so many of you have known me and my cats
> for so many years. Peewee has CRF and possible lymphoma and isn't
> doing very well. I suspect it will be days, or weeks, at most. We
> are giving pallative care, and I keep hoping he will pass in the night
> so that I don't have to make the decision. He was my fat baby in a
> black cat suit for years, and it's like losing my kid, so I am having
> a really hard time making the decision. Please keep him in your
> thoughts.
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=8
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=35
>
> I have been taking him outdoors, weather permitting and it helps his
> mood. I wish I could leave him out, as he enjoys it so, but I can't.
> He's an awesome kitty. I will post an update as I can.
>
> -L.

So sorry that he's not doing well. It's never easy when our time with our
buddies is coming to an end. As long as he's able to enjoy life you spoil
him and hope you have the wisdom to know when it's time to let go.

Lynne
March 22nd 07, 01:37 AM
on Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:54:52 GMT, "-L." > wrote:

> Even Mimi is being nice to him - and that's a rare occurance, LOL!!!
> I fear that she won't last long once he's gone. They have this
> love:hate relationship and have been together since kittenhood. :*(

Aw, Lyn, I'm so sorry.

--
Lynne

Cheryl
March 22nd 07, 01:41 AM
On Wed 21 Mar 2007 04:54:52p, -L. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com>:

> Even Mimi is being nice to him - and that's a rare occurance,
> LOL!!! I fear that she won't last long once he's gone. They
> have this love:hate relationship and have been together since
> kittenhood. :*(

I know exactly how that is. Marley and Shadow had that. :( The gang
are purring up a storm for Peewee to be comfortable.

--
Cheryl

CatNipped
March 22nd 07, 10:34 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just thought I'd post since so many of you have known me and my cats
> for so many years. Peewee has CRF and possible lymphoma and isn't
> doing very well. I suspect it will be days, or weeks, at most. We
> are giving pallative care, and I keep hoping he will pass in the night
> so that I don't have to make the decision. He was my fat baby in a
> black cat suit for years, and it's like losing my kid, so I am having
> a really hard time making the decision. Please keep him in your
> thoughts.
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=8
> http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=35
>
> I have been taking him outdoors, weather permitting and it helps his
> mood. I wish I could leave him out, as he enjoys it so, but I can't.
> He's an awesome kitty. I will post an update as I can.
>
> -L.

Oh, Lyn, I'm so sorry to hear this. Purrs and good thoughts are on the way
to PeeWee. I know how hard it is to make this decision, but I know you'll
do what's right for both of you.

Hugs,

CatNipped