PDA

View Full Version : Purina: YOU SUCK TOO

Kittie Kat
March 23rd 07, 07:56 AM
Friggin Swiss assholes. They don't even answer any emails.

If nothing else, I've learned to stick to the good stuff: Wellness and
so on.

I think the decent companies ought to do an ad campaign along the
lines of: "Buy quality, buy healthy, buy from us: we won't poison your
cat like Purina, Nutro and everyone else will."

You watch...Purina stuff and Fancy Feast will end up on the list.

Buddy's Mom
March 23rd 07, 10:57 AM
That has been my fear too. I also emailed them on Monday and this is
Friday and still no reply - really nice.

On Mar 23, 2:56?am, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
> Friggin Swiss assholes. They don't even answer any emails.
>
> If nothing else, I've learned to stick to the good stuff: Wellness and
> so on.
>
> I think the decent companies ought to do an ad campaign along the
> lines of: "Buy quality, buy healthy, buy from us: we won't poison your
> cat like Purina, Nutro and everyone else will."
>
> You watch...Purina stuff and Fancy Feast will end up on the list.

Running Scissors
March 23rd 07, 02:30 PM
Buddy's Mom wrote:

> That has been my fear too. I also emailed them on Monday and this is
> Friday and still no reply - really nice.

They're not on the list and they most probably won;t be at this point
in the crisis. It would be stupid for them to deceive anyone as they
would lose much more money in the long run than through a recall.

> On Mar 23, 2:56?am, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
>
>>Friggin Swiss assholes. They don't even answer any emails.
>>
>>If nothing else, I've learned to stick to the good stuff: Wellness and
>>so on.
>>
>>I think the decent companies ought to do an ad campaign along the
>>lines of: "Buy quality, buy healthy, buy from us: we won't poison your
>>cat like Purina, Nutro and everyone else will."
>>
>>You watch...Purina stuff and Fancy Feast will end up on the list.

cybercat
March 23rd 07, 05:03 PM
"Buddy's Mom" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> That has been my fear too. I also emailed them on Monday and this is
> Friday and still no reply - really nice.
>
> On Mar 23, 2:56?am, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
>> Friggin Swiss assholes. They don't even answer any emails.
>>
>> If nothing else, I've learned to stick to the good stuff: Wellness and
>> so on.
>>
>> I think the decent companies ought to do an ad campaign along the
>> lines of: "Buy quality, buy healthy, buy from us: we won't poison your
>> cat like Purina, Nutro and everyone else will."
>>
>> You watch...Purina stuff and Fancy Feast will end up on the list.

Your animals would be dead by now if there were a problem with Purina
products.

Has it occurred to you that millions of idiots just like you are emailing
and calling them, as though they would not have already made a recall
announcement if their products were involved? They might very well have
every good intention of good customer service, just too many idiots are
emailing them, so it takes a while.

Meanwhile, my two cats are eating FF every day and they are happy as they
can be.

cybercat
March 23rd 07, 05:04 PM
"Running Scissors" > wrote in message
> Buddy's Mom wrote:
>
>> That has been my fear too. I also emailed them on Monday and this is
>> Friday and still no reply - really nice.
>
> They're not on the list and they most probably won;t be at this point in
> the crisis. It would be stupid for them to deceive anyone as they would
> lose much more money in the long run than through a recall.

They are also one of the oldest, if not THE oldest established
pet food/livestock feed company in the US.

Kittie Kat
March 23rd 07, 07:33 PM
On Mar 23, 11:03 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Buddy's Mom" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > That has been my fear too. I also emailed them on Monday and this is
> > Friday and still no reply - really nice.
>
> > On Mar 23, 2:56?am, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
> >> Friggin Swiss assholes. They don't even answer any emails.
>
> >> If nothing else, I've learned to stick to the good stuff: Wellness and
> >> so on.
>
> >> I think the decent companies ought to do an ad campaign along the
> >> lines of: "Buy quality, buy healthy, buy from us: we won't poison your
> >> cat like Purina, Nutro and everyone else will."
>
> >> You watch...Purina stuff and Fancy Feast will end up on the list.
>
> Your animals would be dead by now if there were a problem with Purina
> products.
>
> Has it occurred to you that millions of idiots just like you are emailing
> and calling them, as though they would not have already made a recall
> announcement if their products were involved? They might very well have
> every good intention of good customer service, just too many idiots are
> emailing them, so it takes a while.
>
> Meanwhile, my two cats are eating FF every day and they are happy as they
> can be.

No, it occurred to me that many large corporations don't give a rat's
ass (no pun intended) about anything but the bottom line. They could
have set up an auto email system or hired someone like you to send out
emails on a temp basis.

To say my animals would be dead by now is just moronic. Not every pet
is dying.

Purina has been around for a long time, true. So had Exxon when their
drunk (long-time) pilot got drunk and spilled oil.

If Pet Smart can send out letters using their computer base of buyers
(although with bad links), Purina can answer its goddamn emails.

I have to get cat food today and I've been agonizing over it. How to
balance stuff my picky boy will eat versus stuff without wheat
gluten....I'm glad at least they think they know the culprit.

Running Scissors
March 23rd 07, 08:57 PM
Kittie Kat wrote:

> On Mar 23, 11:03 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>>"Buddy's Mom" > wrote in message

ups.com...

>>>That has been my fear too. I also emailed them on Monday and this is
>>>Friday and still no reply - really nice.

>>Your animals would be dead by now if there were a problem with Purina
>>products.
>>
>>Has it occurred to you that millions of idiots just like you are emailing
>>and calling them, as though they would not have already made a recall
>>announcement if their products were involved? They might very well have
>>every good intention of good customer service, just too many idiots are
>>emailing them, so it takes a while.
>>
>>Meanwhile, my two cats are eating FF every day and they are happy as they
>>can be.
>

> No, it occurred to me that many large corporations don't give a rat's
> ass (no pun intended) about anything but the bottom line. They could
> have set up an auto email system or hired someone like you to send out
> emails on a temp basis.

That would have been nice but they don't need to do that since THEY'RE
NOT ON THE LIST. Since when do the innocent have to be worried about
others' guilt?

> To say my animals would be dead by now is just moronic. Not every pet
> is dying.

But the facts show that pets who ingested the tainted food dies within
a few days. It's been much longer than that since the story broke.

> Purina has been around for a long time, true. So had Exxon when their
> drunk (long-time) pilot got drunk and spilled oil.

Which had nothing to do with the product or the ingredients of the
product.

> If Pet Smart can send out letters using their computer base of buyers
> (although with bad links), Purina can answer its goddamn emails.

Purina HAS NOTHING TO NOTIFY ANYONE ABOUT. It's like me sendng an
email to everyone I know telling them I'm not the father of Anna
Nicole Smith's baby.

> I have to get cat food today and I've been agonizing over it. How to
> balance stuff my picky boy will eat versus stuff without wheat
> gluten....I'm glad at least they think they know the culprit.

Buy what you normally buy and chill. I use the same stuff.

Lynne
March 23rd 07, 09:00 PM
on Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:57:11 GMT, Running Scissors >
wrote:

> It's like me sendng an
> email to everyone I know telling them I'm not the father of Anna
> Nicole Smith's baby.

Heh.

--
Lynne

Kittie Kat
March 23rd 07, 10:21 PM
On Mar 23, 2:57 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:

> Purina HAS NOTHING TO NOTIFY ANYONE ABOUT. It's like me sendng an
> email to everyone I know telling them I'm not the father of Anna
> Nicole Smith's baby.

It's not about notification. It's about answering their goddamn
emails.

I want to know: DO THEY USE MENU FOODS? Yes or no. I emailed them and
asked, and their SILENCE speaks volumes.

Menu Foods is stupid enough to buy something from ****ing China.
Regardless of what they do from this point on, it's obvious they're
stupid and the bottom line is more important than buying safe
products.

I don't want to buy from any company that does business with them.
That's it.

So again, Purina needs to answer their goddamn emails and answer my
question. I don't give a **** if they're innocent or not. If they buy
ANYTHING from Menu Foods, I'm not interested. As a consumer, I have a
right to know if Chinese CRAP is in my pet food. If I'd known ahead of
time, I wouldn't have been buying it because as an organic grower, I
know full well about Chinese farming practices.

Case closed.

Kittie Kat
March 23rd 07, 10:24 PM
On Mar 23, 2:57 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
> Kittie Kat wrote:

> > Purina has been around for a long time, true. So had Exxon when their
> > drunk (long-time) pilot got drunk and spilled oil.
>
> Which had nothing to do with the product or the ingredients of the
> product.

Bull****. You were the one who brought up the fact that Purina is an
established company. That fact, like Exxon being an established
company, doesn't mean they have not, or are not capable of, bad
corporate practices.

Do you work for Purina? If so, my sympathies.

Lis
March 23rd 07, 10:36 PM
On Mar 23, 5:21 pm, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2:57 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
>

> > Purina HAS NOTHING TO NOTIFY ANYONE ABOUT. It's like me sendng an
> > email to everyone I know telling them I'm not the father of Anna
> > Nicole Smith's baby.
>
> It's not about notification. It's about answering their goddamn
> emails.
>
> I want to know: DO THEY USE MENU FOODS? Yes or no. I emailed them and
> asked, and their SILENCE speaks volumes.
>
> Menu Foods is stupid enough to buy something from ****ing China.
> Regardless of what they do from this point on, it's obvious they're
> stupid and the bottom line is more important than buying safe
> products.
>
> I don't want to buy from any company that does business with them.
> That's it.
>
> So again, Purina needs to answer their goddamn emails and answer my
> question. I don't give a **** if they're innocent or not. If they buy
> ANYTHING from Menu Foods, I'm not interested. As a consumer, I have a
> right to know if Chinese CRAP is in my pet food. If I'd known ahead of
> time, I wouldn't have been buying it because as an organic grower, I
> know full well about Chinese farming practices.
>
> Case closed.

Purina did make an announcement--they used Menu Foods for a very small
part of their product, specifically the Mighty Dog pouches. They've
recalled those. They don't use Menu Foods for any other products.

Here's the link:
http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/purina03_07.html

Lis

Running Scissors
March 23rd 07, 10:51 PM
Kittie Kat wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2:57 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
>

>>Purina HAS NOTHING TO NOTIFY ANYONE ABOUT. It's like me sendng an
>>email to everyone I know telling them I'm not the father of Anna
>>Nicole Smith's baby.
>

> It's not about notification. It's about answering their goddamn
> emails.
>
> I want to know: DO THEY USE MENU FOODS? Yes or no.

Menu themselves has already said no.

> I emailed them and
> asked, and their SILENCE speaks volumes.

It speaks that they've been inundated with email from people who won't
accept a published list and need a personal response to feel better.

> Menu Foods is stupid enough to buy something from ****ing China.
> Regardless of what they do from this point on, it's obvious they're
> stupid and the bottom line is more important than buying safe
> products.

Agreed.

> I don't want to buy from any company that does business with them.
> That's it.

Purina does not do business with them. They are NOT ON THE MENU FOODS
LIST.

(have you checked out this list which has been floating around
everywhere?)

> So again, Purina needs to answer their goddamn emails and answer my
> question.

No, they don't. Your question is answered by the fact that Menu foods
does not name them as clients.

> I don't give a **** if they're innocent or not.

Huh??

> If they buy
> ANYTHING from Menu Foods, I'm not interested.
> As a consumer, I have a
> right to know if Chinese CRAP is in my pet food.

Fine. Check the Menu Food site, then, and satisfy yourself.

> If I'd known ahead of
> time, I wouldn't have been buying it because as an organic grower, I
> know full well about Chinese farming practices.
>
> Case closed.

I'll say.

Running Scissors
March 23rd 07, 10:52 PM
Kittie Kat wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2:57 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
>
>>Kittie Kat wrote:
>

>>>Purina has been around for a long time, true. So had Exxon when their
>>>drunk (long-time) pilot got drunk and spilled oil.
>>
>>Which had nothing to do with the product or the ingredients of the
>>product.
>>

> Bull****. You were the one who brought up the fact that Purina is an
> established company. That fact, like Exxon being an established
> company, doesn't mean they have not, or are not capable of, bad
> corporate practices.
>
> Do you work for Purina? If so, my sympathies.

You really need to take a pill.

Running Scissors
March 23rd 07, 10:54 PM
Lis wrote:

> On Mar 23, 5:21 pm, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
>
>>On Mar 23, 2:57 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
>>

>>>Purina HAS NOTHING TO NOTIFY ANYONE ABOUT. It's like me sendng an
>>>email to everyone I know telling them I'm not the father of Anna
>>>Nicole Smith's baby.
>>
>>It's not about notification. It's about answering their goddamn
>>emails.
>>
>>I want to know: DO THEY USE MENU FOODS? Yes or no. I emailed them and
>>asked, and their SILENCE speaks volumes.
>>
>>Menu Foods is stupid enough to buy something from ****ing China.
>>Regardless of what they do from this point on, it's obvious they're
>>stupid and the bottom line is more important than buying safe
>>products.
>>
>>I don't want to buy from any company that does business with them.
>>That's it.
>>
>>So again, Purina needs to answer their goddamn emails and answer my
>>question. I don't give a **** if they're innocent or not. If they buy
>>ANYTHING from Menu Foods, I'm not interested. As a consumer, I have a
>>right to know if Chinese CRAP is in my pet food. If I'd known ahead of
>>time, I wouldn't have been buying it because as an organic grower, I
>>know full well about Chinese farming practices.
>>
>>Case closed.
>

> Purina did make an announcement--they used Menu Foods for a very small
> part of their product, specifically the Mighty Dog pouches. They've
> recalled those. They don't use Menu Foods for any other products.
>
> Here's the link:
> http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/purina03_07.html

Oh, but that's the PERSONAL response kittie kat is looking for.

:::rolling eyes:::

wmarcello
March 23rd 07, 11:21 PM
On Mar 23, 6:21 pm, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2:57 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
>

> > Purina HAS NOTHING TO NOTIFY ANYONE ABOUT. It's like me sendng an
> > email to everyone I know telling them I'm not the father of Anna
> > Nicole Smith's baby.
>
> It's not about notification. It's about answering their goddamn
> emails.
>
> I want to know: DO THEY USE MENU FOODS? Yes or no. I emailed them and
> asked, and their SILENCE speaks volumes.
>
> Menu Foods is stupid enough to buy something from ****ing China.
> Regardless of what they do from this point on, it's obvious they're
> stupid and the bottom line is more important than buying safe
> products.
>
> I don't want to buy from any company that does business with them.
> That's it.
>
> So again, Purina needs to answer their goddamn emails and answer my
> question. I don't give a **** if they're innocent or not. If they buy
> ANYTHING from Menu Foods, I'm not interested. As a consumer, I have a
> right to know if Chinese CRAP is in my pet food. If I'd known ahead of
> time, I wouldn't have been buying it because as an organic grower, I
> know full well about Chinese farming practices.
>
> Case closed.

Oh get over yourself. Just imagine how many thousands upon thousands
of emails Purina has been getting lately. You'll probably get an
answer in due time, and if they are in any way associated with Menu
Foods, I'm sure we will hear about it eventually. Lots of people are
asking lots of questions. The guilty will surface.

Kittie Kat
March 23rd 07, 11:24 PM
On Mar 23, 4:52 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:

> You really need to take a pill.

Wow, I'm amazed at your originality. You're just too clever, probably
a rocket scientist.

Running Scissors
March 23rd 07, 11:44 PM
Kittie Kat wrote:
> On Mar 23, 4:52 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
>

>>You really need to take a pill.
>

> Wow, I'm amazed at your originality. You're just too clever, probably
> a rocket scientist.

Done with you.

PLONK

PawsForThought
March 24th 07, 12:03 AM
On Mar 23, 4:21?pm, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:> So
again, Purina needs to answer their goddamn emails and answer my
> question.

>From what I have heard, Purina uses Menu to only co-pack their food.
Not sure exactly what that means though.

PawsForThought
March 24th 07, 12:04 AM
On Mar 23, 6:07?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:> It's
like, someone has pumped a truckload of stupid gas into my cat group

LMAO!!

cybercat
March 24th 07, 12:07 AM
"Running Scissors" > wrote in message
> Lis wrote:

>>>It's not about notification. It's about answering their goddamn
>>>emails.
>>>
>>>I want to know: DO THEY USE MENU FOODS? Yes or no. I emailed them and
>>>asked, and their SILENCE speaks volumes.
>>>
>>>Menu Foods is stupid enough to buy something from ****ing China.
>>>Regardless of what they do from this point on, it's obvious they're
>>>stupid and the bottom line is more important than buying safe
>>>products.
>>>
>>>I don't want to buy from any company that does business with them.
>>>That's it.
>>>
>>>So again, Purina needs to answer their goddamn emails and answer my
>>>question. I don't give a **** if they're innocent or not. If they buy
>>>ANYTHING from Menu Foods, I'm not interested. As a consumer, I have a
>>>right to know if Chinese CRAP is in my pet food. If I'd known ahead of
>>>time, I wouldn't have been buying it because as an organic grower, I
>>>know full well about Chinese farming practices.
>>>
>>>Case closed.
>>

>> Purina did make an announcement--they used Menu Foods for a very small
>> part of their product, specifically the Mighty Dog pouches. They've
>> recalled those. They don't use Menu Foods for any other products.
>>
>> Here's the link:
>> http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/purina03_07.html
>
> Oh, but that's the PERSONAL response kittie kat is looking for.
>
> :::rolling eyes:::

It's like, someone has pumped a truckload of stupid gas into my cat group.

Kittie Kat
March 24th 07, 12:28 AM
On Mar 23, 5:44 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
> Kittie Kat wrote:
> > On Mar 23, 4:52 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
>
> >>You really need to take a pill.
>
> > Wow, I'm amazed at your originality. You're just too clever, probably
> > a rocket scientist.
>
> Done with you.
>
> PLONK

It's a lot more effective if you simply put someone in your killfile.

By announcing it to the group, you look like an idiot. "I'm not
playing in the sandbox anymore! gonna go eat worms damn you!"

And of course that means you can never reply again to anything I say
or you really look foolish. :)

Lynne
March 24th 07, 12:36 AM
on Fri, 23 Mar 2007 23:28:33 GMT, "Kittie Kat" >
wrote:

> It's a lot more effective if you simply put someone in your killfile.
>
> By announcing it to the group, you look like an idiot. "I'm not
> playing in the sandbox anymore! gonna go eat worms damn you!"
>
> And of course that means you can never reply again to anything I say
> or you really look foolish. :)

Actually, I think announcing that you are killfiling someone is somewhat of
a courtesy. This way you (the person who is killfiled) don't waste your
time writing replies to the person who killfiled you.

What I don't get is that why the hell people who KNOW they have been
killfiled by someone continue to write posts to them? THAT, to me, is what
looks stupid. YMMV.

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 24th 07, 01:20 AM
on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:51:47 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> Oh, ho ho, nooooo. :) This is not the way it works at all. You're
> assuming the killfiled person is replying to the killfiler in hopes
> that the killfiler will reply to him. Or her

Yeah, I am, because often times people who are killfiled will try like
hell to get the person who killfiled them to reply. You know it's true.
When I travel I have the great misfortune of being stuck with Google
Groups and your buddy Barry still posts **** to me, even though he knows
he's killfiled.

Now of course I do have other people killfiled who I haven't announced
simply because they aren't intentionally trolling, but they just annoy
the feck out of me.

> In fact, it is great fun to reply to stupid posts whether
> or not the OP has you killfiled. Don't you ever react without a
> thought of a response? SURE you do.

But of course, darling! I'd be lying if I denied it. :)

> What would look really stupid would be if any poster with something to
> say STOPPED responding to something another is saying just because
> that other has him/her killfiled. Again, people do not always respond
> to the posts of others
> hoping that they will respond in turn. I for one really don't care if
> idiots respond
> to me or not. Killfiling amounts to saying "shut up." Continuing to
> post regardless
> may then be taken as "Not a chance, you pussified control freak."

Hahah, yeah, you are right in some cases, but in others, the killed are
blatently trying to get the killers to respond TO THEM. I think it's
ridiculous.

I will admit to enjoying the hell out of how much it ****es some people
off when they are killfiled, though.

<3 Usenet.

--
Lynne

cybercat
March 24th 07, 01:51 AM
"Lynne" > wrote

> Actually, I think announcing that you are killfiling someone is somewhat
> of
> a courtesy. This way you (the person who is killfiled) don't waste your
> time writing replies to the person who killfiled you.

Oh, ho ho, nooooo. :) This is not the way it works at all. You're assuming
the killfiled person is replying to the killfiler in hopes that the
killfiler will
reply to him. Or her. In fact, it is great fun to reply to stupid posts
whether
or not the OP has you killfiled. Don't you ever react without a thought of
a response? SURE you do.

> What I don't get is that why the hell people who KNOW they have been
> killfiled by someone continue to write posts to them? THAT, to me, is
> what
> looks stupid. YMMV.

What would look really stupid would be if any poster with something to say
STOPPED responding to something another is saying just because that other
has him/her killfiled. Again, people do not always respond to the posts of
others
hoping that they will respond in turn. I for one really don't care if idiots
respond
to me or not. Killfiling amounts to saying "shut up." Continuing to post
regardless
may then be taken as "Not a chance, you pussified control freak."

cybercat
March 24th 07, 01:52 AM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 23, 6:07?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:> It's
> like, someone has pumped a truckload of stupid gas into my cat group
>
> LMAO!!

you know what I'm talking about, you've been here a lonnnngggg time. :)

Buddy's Mom
March 24th 07, 07:03 PM
I think Purina should have either put out a press release saying that
they didn't do business with menu foods, or at the very least put
something about that on their website.

On Mar 23, 5:21?pm, "Kittie Kat" > wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2:57 pm, Running Scissors > wrote:
>

> > Purina HAS NOTHING TO NOTIFY ANYONE ABOUT. It's like me sendng an
> > email to everyone I know telling them I'm not the father of Anna
> > Nicole Smith's baby.
>
> It's not about notification. It's about answering their goddamn
> emails.
>
> I want to know: DO THEY USE MENU FOODS? Yes or no. I emailed them and
> asked, and their SILENCE speaks volumes.
>
> Menu Foods is stupid enough to buy something from ****ing China.
> Regardless of what they do from this point on, it's obvious they're
> stupid and the bottom line is more important than buying safe
> products.
>
> I don't want to buy from any company that does business with them.
> That's it.
>
> So again, Purina needs to answer their goddamn emails and answer my
> question. I don't give a **** if they're innocent or not. If they buy
> ANYTHING from Menu Foods, I'm not interested. As a consumer, I have a
> right to know if Chinese CRAP is in my pet food. If I'd known ahead of
> time, I wouldn't have been buying it because as an organic grower, I
> know full well about Chinese farming practices.
>
> Case closed.

Kittie Kat
March 24th 07, 08:33 PM
On Mar 24, 1:03 pm, "Buddy's Mom" > wrote:
> I think Purina should have either put out a press release saying that
> they didn't do business with menu foods, or at the very least put
> something about that on their website.

They voluntarily pulled one of their dog foods and if you read the
tiny, tiny print on their website, you'll see it.

But I agree. I think the (few) companies that DON'T do business with
Menu Foods are being pretty clear and loud about it. The ones that are
a bit more coy....I think their silence is telling.

Even Newman's Own was coy with their language. My cats hated that
stuff, but I still held it in kind of high regard. I think it was
obvious in their letter that they do business with them.

Companies would probably do a lot better public relations-wise if
they'd just spit it out, make a statement that they'd put their trust
in Menu Foods who always delivered in the past, blame it on them and
say "We're going to do a full investigation to see if Menu Foods can
ever be trusted again."

That would look better at least. All this beating around the bush and
vague language just makes them look guilty, like they've got something
to hide. But then, I guess they do. Most people (including me) just
ASS-umed the companies made their own food.

Patty
March 25th 07, 04:26 AM
On 24 Mar 2007 12:33:55 -0700, Kittie Kat wrote:

> On Mar 24, 1:03 pm, "Buddy's Mom" > wrote:
>> I think Purina should have either put out a press release saying that
>> they didn't do business with menu foods, or at the very least put
>> something about that on their website.
>
> They voluntarily pulled one of their dog foods and if you read the
> tiny, tiny print on their website, you'll see it.
>
> But I agree. I think the (few) companies that DON'T do business with
> Menu Foods are being pretty clear and loud about it. The ones that are
> a bit more coy....I think their silence is telling.
>
> Even Newman's Own was coy with their language. My cats hated that
> stuff, but I still held it in kind of high regard. I think it was
> obvious in their letter that they do business with them.
>
> Companies would probably do a lot better public relations-wise if
> they'd just spit it out, make a statement that they'd put their trust
> in Menu Foods who always delivered in the past, blame it on them and
> say "We're going to do a full investigation to see if Menu Foods can
> ever be trusted again."
>
> That would look better at least. All this beating around the bush and
> vague language just makes them look guilty, like they've got something
> to hide. But then, I guess they do. Most people (including me) just
> ASS-umed the companies made their own food.

They've got a full statement at:

http://www.purina.com/Company/Press/2007/MightyDog.aspx

Patty

Scott
March 26th 07, 05:40 AM
On 22 Mar 2007 23:56:47 -0700, "Kittie Kat" >
spake thusly:

>Friggin Swiss assholes. They don't even answer any emails.

Yeah them Swiss people.......