PDA

View Full Version : Trader Joe's has removed canned pet food from shelves.

NedF
March 24th 07, 10:21 PM
Trader Joe's has removed canned pet food from shelves as a precaution
since they use Menu foods as their supplier. My cat has been eating
Trader Joes Chicken Turkey & Rice dinner since November and hasn't
gotten sick, so I'm hoping there will be no dead cat in my future.

Brands that are not manufactured by Menu are Triumph, Avoderm,
Felidae, Evolve and Natural Balance. I hope my cat will eat one of
them!

Matthew
March 24th 07, 10:32 PM
they would be already showing signs of a problems if they had been From the
reports the animals show signs within hours of exposure

"NedF" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Trader Joe's has removed canned pet food from shelves as a precaution
> since they use Menu foods as their supplier. My cat has been eating
> Trader Joes Chicken Turkey & Rice dinner since November and hasn't
> gotten sick, so I'm hoping there will be no dead cat in my future.
>
> Brands that are not manufactured by Menu are Triumph, Avoderm,
> Felidae, Evolve and Natural Balance. I hope my cat will eat one of
> them!

NedF
March 24th 07, 11:52 PM
That makes me feel better. My cat vomited on Thursday but has been
fine since then. She seems to like Felidae so far.

Lynne
March 25th 07, 12:17 AM
on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 22:52:53 GMT, "NedF" > wrote:

> That makes me feel better. My cat vomited on Thursday but has been
> fine since then. She seems to like Felidae so far.

I'm so glad she's okay!

Are you giving her the Felidae wet or the dry? Is she normally picky? I'm
switching mine to Felidae.

--
Lynne

Cheryl
March 25th 07, 03:56 AM
On Sat 24 Mar 2007 05:32:12p, Matthew wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> they would be already showing signs of a problems if they had
> been From the reports the animals show signs within hours of
> exposure

Not necessarily from what I've been reading. I don't pretend to
understand all of this, but the way that aminopterin interferes with
folic acid, it could cause chronic renal failure in addition to acute
renal failure, thus taking much more time to see the affects.

--
Cheryl

NedF
March 25th 07, 07:10 PM
On Mar 24, 3:17 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 22:52:53 GMT, "NedF" > wrote:
>
> > That makes me feel better. My cat vomited on Thursday but has been
> > fine since then. She seems to like Felidae so far.
>
> I'm so glad she's okay!
>
> Are you giving her the Felidae wet or the dry? Is she normally picky? I'm
> switching mine to Felidae.
>
> --
> Lynne

I'm giving her the wet and she's very picky. She's elderly - 18 yrs -
and it's a struggle to get her to eat anything. She did eat it though!
So I think I'll keep her on it.

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png] (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thunboxba9.jpg)

NedF
April 9th 07, 03:40 AM
On Mar 24, 1:21 pm, "NedF" > wrote:
> TraderJoe's has removed canned pet food from shelves as a precaution
> since they use Menu foods as their supplier. My cat has been eatingTraderJoesChicken Turkey & Rice dinner since November and hasn't
> gotten sick, so I'm hoping there will be no dead cat in my future.
>
> Brands that are not manufactured by Menu are Triumph, Avoderm,
> Felidae, Evolve and Natural Balance. I hope my cat will eat one of
> them!

Just a quick correction. The brands not manufactured by Menu are
Felidae and Natural Balance. Triumph, Avoderm and Evolve are made by
Menu, but do not contain wheat gluten. So say the people at Pet Food
Express. Of course, they were the ones who originally told me that all
five were not made by Menu. I don't know who to believe anymore! Which
sucks because my cat really liked Triumph!