PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions On The Menu Foods Situation

March 25th 07, 11:23 AM
1. Does anyone have a complete list off all brands that use Menu Foods
(Not just the recall list). I've unsuccessfully spent hours trying to
come up with this.

2. Does anyone know if Menu manufactures dry food? The only place i've
found anything about this is on the PETA website, & they have
contradictory information. 1 article says yes, & one says no.

buglady
March 25th 07, 12:38 PM
> wrote in message ...
> 1. Does anyone have a complete list off all brands that use Menu Foods
> (Not just the recall list). I've unsuccessfully spent hours trying to
> come up with this.

www.howl911.com is keeping up with the recall list. If you want to know if
a food choice is canned by Menu Foods, call the relevant company.

> 2. Does anyone know if Menu manufactures dry food?

They make canned food, not dry.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

wmarcello
March 25th 07, 11:20 PM
On Mar 25, 7:23 am, wrote:
> 1. Does anyone have a complete list off all brands that use Menu Foods
> (Not just the recall list). I've unsuccessfully spent hours trying to
> come up with this.
>
> 2. Does anyone know if Menu manufactures dry food? The only place i've
> found anything about this is on the PETA website, & they have
> contradictory information. 1 article says yes, & one says no.

I don't have a complete list of recalled food, but here is a good list
of "safe" foods. It may even help your own list since it mentions a
lot of the brands that use Menu Foods but aren't recalled.
http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=210

March 26th 07, 09:45 AM
Thank you very much for the link. The blog is helpful. Unfortunately, at
least 2 items on the list (Royal Canin & Wysong) are inaccurate.

The more I read about this the more I get concerned, & currently my car
refuses to eat any of the 4 foods i'm trying that are definitely not
related to menu or Iams.

Royal Canin has been his brand for years. However, from reading their
website, the stonewalling emailed responses I've received, The Canadian
Law Suit & the use of wheat Gluten I don't feel that i can trust them at
this time.

The frustrating thing to me is that if these companies would just be
open, they'd be a lot more likely to retain customers.

wmarcello wrote:

> On Mar 25, 7:23 am, wrote:
> > 1. Does anyone have a complete list off all brands that use Menu Foods
> > (Not just the recall list). I've unsuccessfully spent hours trying to
> > come up with this.
> >
> > 2. Does anyone know if Menu manufactures dry food? The only place i've
> > found anything about this is on the PETA website, & they have
> > contradictory information. 1 article says yes, & one says no.
>
> I don't have a complete list of recalled food, but here is a good list
> of "safe" foods. It may even help your own list since it mentions a
> lot of the brands that use Menu Foods but aren't recalled.
> http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=210

wmarcello
March 26th 07, 09:41 PM
On Mar 26, 5:45 am, wrote:
> Thank you very much for the link. The blog is helpful. Unfortunately, at
> least 2 items on the list (Royal Canin & Wysong) are inaccurate.

Royal Canin is inaccurate, as in they are part of the Menu Foods
recall?

Are you sure you're not confusing it with a separate recall? As far
as I know they're not affiliated with Menu Foods, but they have
themselves issued their own recall for some problems they were having
with elevated Vitamin D levels.

March 27th 07, 02:11 PM
Both Royal Canin & Wysong both have products made by Menu that are not
(YET?) part of the recall.

The Royal Canin vitamin D issue has to do with a Canadian law suit from
some of their foods causing kidney failure last year. There are
conflicting news reports on this. Some say it was only 6-7 canned
varities sold only by Canadian veteranarians (My suspicion is that this
is the correct info). Other news reports state the problem was with
every R.C. product in Canada. I BELIEVE all state this was an issue in
2006 &that the effected products have been pulled off the market.

Royal Canin seems to be trying to cover up the fact that Menu makes some
of their products (see the link below for proof that Menu does make RC's
Sensible Choice foods, this has not been widely reported; RC's website
only states that their foods are not part of the recall)
http://www.mudbay.us/recall/statements.htm

Same issue & same link above for Wysong.

I sent RC 2 emails with detalied ?'s & the only thing they would say is
that "our foods are not part of the recall". I have read in blogs others
having the same issue with Wysong. Aditionally, Wysong's website led me
to believe that they manufactured all of their own foods.