PDA

View Full Version : Promise Pet Food

cindys
March 26th 07, 12:07 AM
I have started feeding my furbabies Promise Cat Food.

http://www.petpromiseinc.com/

It comes in canned and dry, although I have been using only the canned since
they are on another brand (prescription) dry food.

This food does NOT come from menufoods. The canned food comes in three
flavors (white fish, chicken, and wild salmon) and does not contain any
wheat gluten or any wheat products at all. Also, no byproducts, no
antibiotics, no growth hormones, no factory-farmed meats, no rendered meats
or fats, no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. When I read the
ingredient list, I see what seems to be a human grade food. Here's the
ingredient list for the wild salmon flavor:

Salmon, chicken, fish broth, chicken liver, brown rice, potato protein,
carrots, potatoes, minerals [potassium chloride, dicalcium phosphate, zinc
sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, cobalt
carbonate, potassium iodide], locust bean gum, guar gum, salt, taurine,
vitamins [choline chloride, Vitamin E supplement, thiamine mononitrate,
Vitamin A supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, niacin, calcium
pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin D-3 supplement, Vitamin B-12
supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K
activity), folic acid, biotin].

So far, I have tried only the chicken flavor, and my cats seem to like it. I
found it at my local supermarket (99 cents for a 5.5 ounce can), but the
website says it is also available at pet stores.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.