PDA

View Full Version : Help with cat illness

Bob
March 26th 07, 05:28 AM
My dear sweet 13 year old cat has been acting strangely. She has had
this before and I ended up spending a bunch on a vet. The next time, I
didn't go to the vet and she recovered.

This time is the same but I am worried. It's a urinary or digestive
problem. She was squatting everywhere, very little output but
occasionally some. Acted listless.

Now she is normal again, although in my concern, I think she is less
active. But it may be my imagination.

She just came in from one of her usual sojourns around the house, ate
nicely, asked for more, and is curled up on my lap.

So my question is, should I take her in? She hates it and I don't like
the time and expense if it's unnecessary.

Bob

P.S. She doesn't eat the questionable brands of food.

22brix
March 26th 07, 05:33 AM
Please take her to the vet. She could have a urinary tract infection.
Whatever it is, she needs to be seen. It's causing her discomfort and only
the vet can diagnose her problem.

"Bob" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My dear sweet 13 year old cat has been acting strangely. She has had this
> before and I ended up spending a bunch on a vet. The next time, I didn't
> go to the vet and she recovered.
>
> This time is the same but I am worried. It's a urinary or digestive
> problem. She was squatting everywhere, very little output but
> occasionally some. Acted listless.
>
> Now she is normal again, although in my concern, I think she is less
> active. But it may be my imagination.
>
> She just came in from one of her usual sojourns around the house, ate
> nicely, asked for more, and is curled up on my lap.
>
> So my question is, should I take her in? She hates it and I don't like
> the time and expense if it's unnecessary.
>
> Bob
>
> P.S. She doesn't eat the questionable brands of food.

Rene S.
March 26th 07, 08:25 PM
Yes, please take her to the vet! Although not as common in females,
she could have a urinary blockage or infection, which could quickly
lead to other problems.