PDA

View Full Version : photos of my fostered cat terri

bookie
March 29th 07, 12:34 AM
here is a link to my newly fostered cat terri, her owners moved out of
a house in my town and left her behind, can you believe it!!!??? at
first i went round the house, which was still empty and had been since
january, to leave food out for her as instructed by local cats
protection, but then it was decided, well I decided that this was a
silly situation, there was another cold snap onthe way and so took her
home. The new owner of house had contacted the cats protection upon
finding the cat hanging round her new house as she was not going to be
moving in until late march , early april, and the previous owners had
moved out at end of january and seh didn;t know what to do as the cat
was still there and the neighbours didn't want to help out (nice
people! what goes around comes around you know) though they all said
it was previous owners' cat.

anyway, Terri is her name it turns out, I have phoned the previous
owners a few times, no response so far, have had terri with us for a
few weeks now, jessie not so keen but coming round to the idea. terri
is rather shy and timid, but like to be stroked all the same and she
purrs like a little engine when you do stroke her and scritch her neck
and chin. She has very thick fur, the condition of which is improving
with daily combings and flea treament. She spent the first 3 days
hiding under the kitchen sink behind some units, with us pushing
plates of tuna under there for her, but she has come out and now
spends some time inthe evening sat on the sofa watching tv with us in
the evenings.

it is beyond me how anyone could possibly leave this little darling
behind, she is such a little love, shy but sweet, and loves a few
cuddles on her own terms when it is quiet, and she is abolutely
gorgeous, although I am probably biased.

anyway here is the link

http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/TerriTheTortoiseshellTerror

hope it works, had nightmare trying to get the photos off the camera
and onto the computer
Bookie

cindys
March 29th 07, 12:57 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
snippage for brevity

> anyway here is the link
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/TerriTheTortoiseshellTerror
>
> hope it works, had nightmare trying to get the photos off the camera
> and onto the computer
--------------
What an incredibly gorgeous kitty. You are so blessed to have her and she is
lucky to have found you. I will never understand how people can abandon
their pets. Lots of purrs from across the ocean.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

bookie
March 29th 07, 01:10 AM
On 29 Mar, 00:57, "cindys" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
> snippage for brevity
>
> > anyway here is the link
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/TerriTheTortoiseshellTerror
>
> > hope it works, had nightmare trying to get the photos off the camera
> > and onto the computer
>
> --------------
> What an incredibly gorgeous kitty. You are so blessed to have her and she is
> lucky to have found you. I will never understand how people can abandon
> their pets. Lots of purrs from across the ocean.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

thanks, i am just about to go downstairs and give her a bedtime cuddle
and see if she wants a snack before bedtime, I have roast turkey
slices in the fridge especially for abandoned tortoiseshell cats to
have.
she is a little cutie and her timidness kind of adds to her
gorgeousness, if you know what i mean

Spot
March 29th 07, 03:33 AM
OH MY What a beautiful tortie people are so ignorant. It looks like she's
in good hands now.

Celeste

"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> here is a link to my newly fostered cat terri, her owners moved out of
> a house in my town and left her behind, can you believe it!!!??? at
> first i went round the house, which was still empty and had been since
> january, to leave food out for her as instructed by local cats
> protection, but then it was decided, well I decided that this was a
> silly situation, there was another cold snap onthe way and so took her
> home. The new owner of house had contacted the cats protection upon
> finding the cat hanging round her new house as she was not going to be
> moving in until late march , early april, and the previous owners had
> moved out at end of january and seh didn;t know what to do as the cat
> was still there and the neighbours didn't want to help out (nice
> people! what goes around comes around you know) though they all said
> it was previous owners' cat.
>
> anyway, Terri is her name it turns out, I have phoned the previous
> owners a few times, no response so far, have had terri with us for a
> few weeks now, jessie not so keen but coming round to the idea. terri
> is rather shy and timid, but like to be stroked all the same and she
> purrs like a little engine when you do stroke her and scritch her neck
> and chin. She has very thick fur, the condition of which is improving
> with daily combings and flea treament. She spent the first 3 days
> hiding under the kitchen sink behind some units, with us pushing
> plates of tuna under there for her, but she has come out and now
> spends some time inthe evening sat on the sofa watching tv with us in
> the evenings.
>
> it is beyond me how anyone could possibly leave this little darling
> behind, she is such a little love, shy but sweet, and loves a few
> cuddles on her own terms when it is quiet, and she is abolutely
> gorgeous, although I am probably biased.
>
> anyway here is the link
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/TerriTheTortoiseshellTerror
>
> hope it works, had nightmare trying to get the photos off the camera
> and onto the computer
> Bookie

Lis
March 29th 07, 01:54 PM
On Mar 28, 7:34 pm, "bookie" > wrote:
> here is a link to my newly fostered cat terri, her owners moved out of
> a house in my town and left her behind, can you believe it!!!??? at
> first i went round the house, which was still empty and had been since
> january, to leave food out for her as instructed by local cats
> protection, but then it was decided, well I decided that this was a
> silly situation, there was another cold snap onthe way and so took her
> home. The new owner of house had contacted the cats protection upon
> finding the cat hanging round her new house as she was not going to be
> moving in until late march , early april, and the previous owners had
> moved out at end of january and seh didn;t know what to do as the cat
> was still there and the neighbours didn't want to help out (nice
> people! what goes around comes around you know) though they all said
> it was previous owners' cat.
>
> anyway, Terri is her name it turns out, I have phoned the previous
> owners a few times, no response so far, have had terri with us for a
> few weeks now, jessie not so keen but coming round to the idea. terri
> is rather shy and timid, but like to be stroked all the same and she
> purrs like a little engine when you do stroke her and scritch her neck
> and chin. She has very thick fur, the condition of which is improving
> with daily combings and flea treament. She spent the first 3 days
> hiding under the kitchen sink behind some units, with us pushing
> plates of tuna under there for her, but she has come out and now
> spends some time inthe evening sat on the sofa watching tv with us in
> the evenings.
>
> it is beyond me how anyone could possibly leave this little darling
> behind, she is such a little love, shy but sweet, and loves a few
> cuddles on her own terms when it is quiet, and she is abolutely
> gorgeous, although I am probably biased.
>
> anyway here is the link
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/TerriTheTortoiseshellTerror
>
> hope it works, had nightmare trying to get the photos off the camera
> and onto the computer
> Bookie

What a beautiful cat! And she sounds sweet. What's wrong with those
people? Their loss, your gain, I suspect.

Lis

dgk
March 29th 07, 02:30 PM
On 28 Mar 2007 16:34:19 -0700, "bookie" >
wrote:

> it is beyond me how anyone could possibly leave this little darling
>behind, she is such a little love, shy but sweet, and loves a few
>cuddles on her own terms when it is quiet, and she is abolutely
>gorgeous, although I am probably biased.
>
>anyway here is the link
>
>http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/TerriTheTortoiseshellTerror
>
>hope it works, had nightmare trying to get the photos off the camera
>and onto the computer
>Bookie

Thanks for taking the trouble to post those. She is beautiful.

bookie
March 29th 07, 04:20 PM
On 29 Mar, 14:30, dgk > wrote:
> On 28 Mar 2007 16:34:19 -0700, "bookie" >
> wrote:
>
> > it is beyond me how anyone could possibly leave this little darling
> >behind, she is such a little love, shy but sweet, and loves a few
> >cuddles on her own terms when it is quiet, and she is abolutely
> >gorgeous, although I am probably biased.
>
> >anyway here is the link
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/TerriTheTortoiseshellTerror
>
> >hope it works, had nightmare trying to get the photos off the camera
> >and onto the computer
> >Bookie
>
> Thanks for taking the trouble to post those. She is beautiful.

i will try to pass on all your adoration, she is currently snoozing
curled up on the wide windowsill tucked behind the curtain inthe
dining room where it is nice and warm form the sun, just like inthe
first few photos.
she is still very timid, she kind of scurries about the place keeping
very low to the ground at times, but she is calming down a bit with
the help of lots of strokes and plates of tuna chunks and roast
chicken. My other cat jessie has stopped hissing at her so much now
which is also good.

yes I agree though; some people are mad to leave behind such a
beautiful and sweet animal, they probably didn't want her because she
is not 'in your face' friendly and overly affectionate but that is the
way she is and it doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a nice home.

thanks for all your lovely replies, Bookie and terri

cindys
March 29th 07, 04:41 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
ups.com...

snip

> yes I agree though; some people are mad to leave behind such a
> beautiful and sweet animal, they probably didn't want her because she
> is not 'in your face' friendly and overly affectionate but that is the
> way she is and it doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a nice home.
>
> thanks for all your lovely replies, Bookie and terri
-------------
Which is basically why we kept Tux (our former foster, now adopted by us).
He is somewhat aggressive, not overly friendly (although he has his moments
of purring), he nips (not too hard) and scratches (people and furniture). He
can be a little destructive of other things too. He is about two years old.
I looked at this cat and said "Well, no one else is going to adopt this kind
of aggressive, grumpy, grouchy, somewhat destructive cat, but grumpy,
grouchy cats need a home too." He's not exactly the snuggly lap cat I was
hoping for (after Molly died), but I love him all the same. That's just how
it goes sometimes.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
March 31st 07, 10:34 PM
On 29 Mar, 00:34, "bookie" > wrote:
> here is a link to my newly fostered cat terri, her owners moved out of
> a house in my town and left her behind, can you believe it!!!??? at
> first i went round the house, which was still empty and had been since
> january, to leave food out for her as instructed by local cats
> protection, but then it was decided, well I decided that this was a
> silly situation, there was another cold snap onthe way and so took her
> home. The new owner of house had contacted the cats protection upon
> finding the cat hanging round her new house as she was not going to be
> moving in until late march , early april, and the previous owners had
> moved out at end of january and seh didn;t know what to do as the cat
> was still there and the neighbours didn't want to help out (nice
> people! what goes around comes around you know) though they all said
> it was previous owners' cat.
>
> anyway, Terri is her name it turns out, I have phoned the previous
> owners a few times, no response so far, have had terri with us for a
> few weeks now, jessie not so keen but coming round to the idea. terri
> is rather shy and timid, but like to be stroked all the same and she
> purrs like a little engine when you do stroke her and scritch her neck
> and chin. She has very thick fur, the condition of which is improving
> with daily combings and flea treament. She spent the first 3 days
> hiding under the kitchen sink behind some units, with us pushing
> plates of tuna under there for her, but she has come out and now
> spends some time inthe evening sat on the sofa watching tv with us in
> the evenings.
>
> it is beyond me how anyone could possibly leave this little darling
> behind, she is such a little love, shy but sweet, and loves a few
> cuddles on her own terms when it is quiet, and she is abolutely
> gorgeous, although I am probably biased.
>
> anyway here is the link
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/TerriTheTortoiseshellTerror
>
> hope it works, had nightmare trying to get the photos off the camera
> and onto the computer
> Bookie

Oh my...
She is a very beautiful puss cat, isn't she?
I am so pleased that you have offered her a home. She looks a real
sweetie pie & I am even more pleased that you didn't have to hand her
back to a family that obviously didn't care about her, or they would
never have put her in that position in the first place!

She is delightful. I hope that Jessie doesn't mind too much, after
all, there is plenty of room on any lap for two cats..(ask mine, lol)
thanks for sharing those photos..
The thought that came straight to mind when I saw her was, Sugar &
spice and all things nice....
Thanks for sharing them with us..I have been looking forward to these
photos for ages
Wonderful;o)
S.