PDA

View Full Version : Please Daddy Don't Get Drunk This Christmas

Barry
March 30th 07, 05:39 AM
Lyrics for Album: Honky Tonk Christmas, Alan Jackson

"Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas
I don't want to see my Momma cry
Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas
I don't want my Momma cry

Just last year when I was only seven
Now I'm almost eight, as you can see
You came home a quarter past eleven
And fell down underneath
our Christmas tree

"Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas
I don't want to see my Momma cry
Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas

"Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas
I don't want to see my Momma cry
Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas
I don't want my Momma cry

"Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas
I don't want to see my Momma cry
Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas
I don't want my Momma cry

I don't want my Momma cry

Mama smiled and looked
Outside the window
She told me son
You better go upstairs Then you laughed and hollered
"Merry Christmas"
I turned around and saw
My Momma's tears
Chorus
No,I don't want to see my Momma cry

cybercat
March 30th 07, 03:28 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Lyrics for Album: Honky Tonk Christmas, Alan Jackson
>
> "Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas

My Dad used to have a few at Christmas and wax
sentimental.

It happened because my mother made Christmas so beautiful,
she planned gifts the whole year, put her whole heart into
decorating, cooked and baked up a storm, and just generally
showed all her deep love for us. It overwhelmed him. Being
kids we just took it all for granted, of course.

Ob cats: it's cold this morning, a two-cat morning! I woke
up with one under each arm.

Barry
March 31st 07, 04:44 AM
On Mar 30, 9:28 am, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Ob cats: it's cold this morning, a two-cat morning! I woke
> up with one under each arm.

We had traditional christmases, mine didn't fight too bad, they were
too in love.

Once they renewed their 25th wedding vowels, they've been married
longer than I've been alive. I wore a purple grey pin-striped suit...
we set up a band and sang 2 gospel songs. My moms mom was there.. and
laaawwwd she is sweeeeet. She had over 95 grandchildren and over 125
great grandchildren, but she knew my name. I used to drive down to
Durham and visit with her.