PDA

View Full Version : DelMonte pulls some cat and dog treats

buglady
April 1st 07, 03:59 AM
.......on a Saturday night after the FDA had notified them this morning they
had gotten some bad wheat gluten. Why doesn't the FDA just notify the
public? Please if any of you have any extra time tomorrow AM or know of any
stores that are open late or all night, take a copy of the entire recall
page over to them. By tomorrow AM it might be on the FDA page www.fda.gov
click on Pet Food recall and you can get an official looking page. Right
now it AIN'T THERE!

I went to a store late this morning to see if the affected Alpo was off the
shelves, didn't have a piece of paper in my hand cuz my printer's broke and
they wouldn't believe me. They also had NOT gotten anything on this issue
but assured me the FDA always notifies them. Turns out their danged server
was not working right.

For a complete list:
http://www.delmonte.com/petfoodrecall.html
SAN FRANCISCO, March 31, 2007—As a precautionary measure, Del Monte Pet
Products is voluntarily recalling select product codes of its pet treat
products sold under the Jerky Treats®, Gravy Train® Beef Sticks and Pounce
Meaty Morsels® brands as well as select dog snack and wet dog food products
sold under private label brands.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Kittie Kat
April 1st 07, 09:05 AM
On Apr 1, 1:47 am, Anonyma > wrote:
> > Why doesn't the FDA just notify the public?
>
> Because bad gluten was probably fed to animals whom we are eating as meat and poultry.
> The biggest use for wheat and corn gluten is not in the pet industry (small potatoes)
> but in the feedlot livestock and poultry industry. Livestock and poultry, as in what we
> find at the supermarket meat counter.
>
> As the FDA drags their feet more and more I am becoming convinced that the food chain
> the the U.S. and possibly other countries has been compromised. I have not yet heard of
> any rise in human illnesses similar to those our pets have suffered as a result of pass-
> through contamination. However, at some point they are going to have to tell us and if
> the delay is to protect free trade in the interim then it is simply criminal.
>
> From another post:
>
> > My not-always-reliable sources tell me that the probable vendor for the bad pet food
> > wheat gluten is either BinZhou-HongXing Tech or Wudi-ZhongLiang Development in China.
> > I hope they are wrong.
>
> Those two funny sounding names represent a substantial quantity of budget priced gluten
> imported into the U.S., Canada and Europe. Gluten processing is a manufacturing arena in
> which their lower labor costs and lack of enviornmental complaince requirements make the
> Chinese very competitve, even after the round trip shipping costs.

Anyone who is expecting the FDA to protect them in this needs to learn
more about the FDA. It's a corrupt, mob-like agency that lives on
kickbacks. Notice that most drugs don't get pulled from the market for
a long time, long after the lawsuits have started flying.

The FDA has been corrupt for decades. There's really no point in its
existence, other than to line the pockets of its "scientists".