PDA

View Full Version : very big cats

April 1st 07, 04:31 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3

mlbriggs
April 1st 07, 06:04 PM
On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 08:31:16 -0700, wrote:

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3

"Holy Moses!" and I thought TuTu was large. MLB

William Graham
April 1st 07, 07:13 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3

Many years ago, when my brother-in-law was living in Alaska, he said that
there was a substance called, "Grow-Kitty", that you could feed your cats
and they would grow to massive proportions. People would feed it to them so
they could compete with the sled dogs......Probably contained some growth
hormone, and it probably wasn't good for the cats, but it was better for
them than being eaten by the dogs.........

mlbriggs
April 1st 07, 07:47 PM
On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 11:13:12 -0700, William Graham wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3
>>
> Many years ago, when my brother-in-law was living in Alaska, he said that
> there was a substance called, "Grow-Kitty", that you could feed your cats
> and they would grow to massive proportions. People would feed it to them so
> they could compete with the sled dogs......Probably contained some growth
> hormone, and it probably wasn't good for the cats, but it was better for
> them than being eaten by the dogs.........

Something about this reminds me that it is April 1st. Best wishes. MLB

Upscale
April 1st 07, 07:56 PM
> wrote in message >
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3

I can just see either of those cats coming to sleep with you. You wake up in
the morning and realize that you've been shoved off the bed onto the floor.

Did you look at the previous picture of the big, really, really big bunny
rabbit? Looks like Alice from wonderland brought back the steroids chomping
hare.

Matthew
April 1st 07, 08:08 PM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 11:13:12 -0700, William Graham wrote:
>

>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3
>>>
>> Many years ago, when my brother-in-law was living in Alaska, he said that
>> there was a substance called, "Grow-Kitty", that you could feed your cats
>> and they would grow to massive proportions. People would feed it to them
>> so
>> they could compete with the sled dogs......Probably contained some growth
>> hormone, and it probably wasn't good for the cats, but it was better for
>> them than being eaten by the dogs.........
>

> Something about this reminds me that it is April 1st. Best wishes. MLB

No they are for real I remember those articles. The first one made a big
stink over there

Aprils first only 16 days to go for tax deadline.

Claude V. Lucas
April 1st 07, 08:20 PM
>On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 08:31:16 -0700, wrote:
>

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3

Bubba's a midget at 25 lbs.

He's not bloated like that Chinese cat, though.

I can still feel his ribs even though he's getting to have a big butt.

Claude V. Lucas
April 1st 07, 08:45 PM
In article >,
Upscale > wrote:

>"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3
>>
>> Bubba's a midget at 25 lbs.
>> I can still feel his ribs even though he's getting to have a big butt.
>
>I was thinking that dog sitting beside Bubba must have a pretty big
>inferiority complex.

Dog?

What dog?

He seems to like dogs better than other cats...

That's not Bubba in *that* picture.

Bubba's pages are at:

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Bubba/Bubba.html

~Jan~
April 1st 07, 09:06 PM
very cute :-)

http://www3.nationalgeographic.com/animals/photos/big-cats/01-ocelot.html

Tanada
April 1st 07, 09:10 PM
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message

> Bubba's pages are at:
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Bubba/Bubba.html

Bubba looks a lot like my 22-25 lb Maine Coon mix QC.

Pam S.

Claude V. Lucas
April 1st 07, 09:17 PM
In article .net>,
Tanada > wrote:

>"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
>>
>> Bubba's pages are at:
>>
>> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Bubba/Bubba.html
>
>Bubba looks a lot like my 22-25 lb Maine Coon mix QC.

I'm pretty sure he's mostly if not all Maine Coon too.

The pound had him listed as a "Grey Tabby".

I'm not sure how they came up with that...

Upscale
April 1st 07, 09:37 PM
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3

> Bubba's a midget at 25 lbs.
> I can still feel his ribs even though he's getting to have a big butt.

I was thinking that dog sitting beside Bubba must have a pretty big
inferiority complex.

mlbriggs
April 1st 07, 09:51 PM
On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 15:08:00 -0400, Matthew wrote:

>>> ups.com...
>>>>
>>> Many years ago, when my brother-in-law was living in Alaska, he said that
>>> there was a substance called, "Grow-Kitty", that you could feed your cats
>>> and they would grow to massive proportions. People would feed it to them
>>> so
>>> they could compete with the sled dogs......Probably contained some growth
>>> hormone, and it probably wasn't good for the cats, but it was better for
>>> them than being eaten by the dogs.........
>>

>> Something about this reminds me that it is April 1st. Best wishes. MLB
>
> No they are for real I remember those articles. The first one made a big
> stink over there
>
> Aprils first only 16 days to go for tax deadline.

....and you believe everything you read? Did you read the long article
three or four years ago about the green cats that were born? MLB

Upscale
April 1st 07, 10:00 PM
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message

> That's not Bubba in *that* picture.

My mistake, I meant Blanco.

Matthew
April 1st 07, 10:36 PM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 15:08:00 -0400, Matthew wrote:

>>> Something about this reminds me that it is April 1st. Best wishes.
>>> MLB
>>
>> No they are for real I remember those articles. The first one made a big
>> stink over there
>>
>> Aprils first only 16 days to go for tax deadline.
>

> ...and you believe everything you read? Did you read the long article
> three or four years ago about the green cats that were born? MLB

What the news lie. I am getting to old for this [email protected] ;-)

mlbriggs
April 1st 07, 10:40 PM
On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 17:36:06 -0400, Matthew wrote:

> "mlbriggs" > wrote in message

>>> No they are for real I remember those articles. The first one made a big
>>> stink over there
>>>
>>> Aprils first only 16 days to go for tax deadline.
>>

>> ...and you believe everything you read? Did you read the long article
>> three or four years ago about the green cats that were born? MLB
>>

> What the news lie. I am getting to old for this [email protected] ;-)

Don't get upset -- it is all in fun. MLB

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
April 2nd 07, 01:16 AM
mlbriggs wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 11:13:12 -0700, William Graham wrote:

Nuff said!

William Graham
April 2nd 07, 05:48 AM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 15:08:00 -0400, Matthew wrote:

>>> Something about this reminds me that it is April 1st. Best wishes.
>>> MLB
>>
>> No they are for real I remember those articles. The first one made a big
>> stink over there
>>
>> Aprils first only 16 days to go for tax deadline.
>

> ...and you believe everything you read? Did you read the long article
> three or four years ago about the green cats that were born? MLB

My brother-in-law wasn't the kidding type, and besides I doubt if he told me
this on April 1st.....He was serious, and I am serious in relating the story
to those on this forum........

IBen Getiner
April 2nd 07, 07:43 AM
On Apr 1, 11:31?am, "
> wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3

I think what you really mean to say is... very FAT cats. Obese, if you
like your scientific terms. Big tends to paint a picture of a thing of
proper proportions, but just larger than the normal thing. The guy on
the left is probably just fattening the cat up for the slaughter. They
found a dozen frozen cats hanging in the freezer of a Chinese
restaurant where my sister lived once. A local favorite. The
restaurant, I mean. The owners said that the cats were for their own
personal consumption, but who can really be sure, ehh..? These people
are going to stick to the old ways come-what-may. You'll never
convince a guy like that to quit eating cat or to quit drinking cobra
bile or eating monkey brains. That's just the way they are.
The other cat owner should have her cat removed for animal abuse. She
should know better. Allowing an impulsive undisciplined animal the
latitude to eat to his fill every day is abuse, in my opinion.
Especially if it comes to this.

IBen Getiner

sheelagh
April 2nd 07, 02:24 PM
On 1 Apr, 20:45, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
> In article >,
>
> Upscale > wrote:
>
> >"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
> >http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3
>
> >> Bubba's a midget at 25 lbs.
> >> I can still feel his ribs even though he's getting to have a big butt.
>
> >I was thinking that dog sitting beside Bubba must have a pretty big
> >inferiority complex.
>
> Dog?
>
> What dog?
>
> He seems to like dogs better than other cats...
>
> That's not Bubba in *that* picture.
>
> Bubba's pages are at:
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Bubba/Bubba.html

My, Bubba is a handsome chap. I like him a lot
S;o)

Claude V. Lucas
April 2nd 07, 02:31 PM
In article . com>,
sheelagh > wrote:
>On 1 Apr, 20:45, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
>> In article >,
>>
>> Upscale > wrote:
>>
>> >"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
>> >http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3

>> >I was thinking that dog sitting beside Bubba must have a pretty big
>> >inferiority complex.
>>
>> Dog?
>>
>> What dog?
>>
>> He seems to like dogs better than other cats...
>>
>> That's not Bubba in *that* picture.
>>
>> Bubba's pages are at:
>>
>> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Bubba/Bubba.html
>
>My, Bubba is a handsome chap. I like him a lot
>S;o)

He appreciates the compliment. :^)

He's a real gentleman too, although he's not pleased
that I've cut his food ration back a bit lately.

April 2nd 07, 10:54 PM
In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Upscale > wrote:

> > wrote in message >
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3

> I can just see either of those cats coming to sleep with you. You wake up in
> the morning and realize that you've been shoved off the bed onto the floor.

What do you mean? This happens every morning at my house, and my cats are
all normal sized. :)

Joyce

Nicolaas Hawkins
April 3rd 07, 12:34 AM
On 02 Apr 2007 21:54:20 GMT, > wrote in
>:

> In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Upscale > wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message >
> > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17876321/displaymode/1107//s/2/framenumber/3
>
> > I can just see either of those cats coming to sleep with you. You wake up in
> > the morning and realize that you've been shoved off the bed onto the floor.
>
> What do you mean? This happens every morning at my house, and my cats are
> all normal sized. :)
>
> Joyce

What about your partner's size?

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

.... "Anyone can be mistaken," intoned the Dalek as he climbed off the
dustbin, his plunger red with embarrassment.