PDA

View Full Version : Wheat/Wheat-gluten free pet foods

cindys
April 1st 07, 11:12 PM
I posted the following weblink sort of buried in the middle of another
thread. I decided to give this information its own thread in the hopes that
it may be able to help someone who missed it when I posted it before. Jewish
people are not permitted to have products which contain wheat or its
derivatives (other than matzoh products) in our possession during the
Passover holiday, which begins tomorrow night. Therefore, Jewish certifying
agencies make available lists of
wheat-product-free pet foods for the Passover holiday. Here is the Star-K
link for wheat-product-free pet foods:

http://www.star-k.com/kashrus/kk-passover-petfood.htm

(For the record, pets do not have to keep Passover. The prohibition is on
the humans having the products in our possession).

Again, I hope this list can help someone out. I don't recall seeing any
other lists of pet foods which *do not contain* wheat gluten.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
April 1st 07, 11:21 PM
To clarify an expression used in the link: "Chometz" refers to any of five
different grains which has been in contact with water, one of which is
wheat. FTR, the pet foods listed not only do not contain wheat products,
they also don't contain oats, barley, spelt, or rye.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"cindys" > wrote in message
>I posted the following weblink sort of buried in the middle of another
>thread. I decided to give this information its own thread in the hopes that
>it may be able to help someone who missed it when I posted it before.
>Jewish people are not permitted to have products which contain wheat or its
>derivatives (other than matzoh products) in our possession during the
>Passover holiday, which begins tomorrow night. Therefore, Jewish certifying
>agencies make available lists of
> wheat-product-free pet foods for the Passover holiday. Here is the Star-K
> link for wheat-product-free pet foods:
>
> http://www.star-k.com/kashrus/kk-passover-petfood.htm
>
> (For the record, pets do not have to keep Passover. The prohibition is on
> the humans having the products in our possession).
>
> Again, I hope this list can help someone out. I don't recall seeing any
> other lists of pet foods which *do not contain* wheat gluten.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

barb
April 2nd 07, 04:09 PM