PDA

View Full Version : Owners may get little in pet food lawsuits

April 2nd 07, 05:46 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17899884/

IBen Getiner
April 2nd 07, 08:20 AM
On Apr 2, 12:46?am, wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17899884/

Nobody needs to read that to know that the last thing the offending
company has to worry about is the pet owners. The biggest thing is the
dozens of companies who use their mixes and who are now being sued
themselves. These people have put a really bad blemish on the big pet
food company's reputations. Forget the pets, though.. They know that
no sane jury anywhere is going to award hundreds of millions of
dollars to a frigging pet owner. No matter how flagrant the offense
was. Their big concern now will be coming from their own customer's
corners. And in the end, few will get anything. Thanks mainly to the
fact that there are so damned many involved. I'd hate to be working
for the original source of the contamination, let me tell you.. Those
*******s have had it. Just my 3 cents.

IBen

Gandalf
April 2nd 07, 11:25 PM
On 1 Apr 2007 21:46:34 -0700,
wrote:

>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17899884/

Of course: the LAWYERS are the ones who are going make out like bandits

Even if your healthy pet died from the bad food, and you can PROVE it,
the courts typically assign a low value to a pet.

No matter that you raised them from a kitten/puppy, have had them for
years, spent thousands on food, litter, toys, vet bills, etc. etc.

The LAWYERS always are the big winners in cases like this,

Magic Mood Jeep
April 3rd 07, 12:29 AM
Actually, in some states, Illinois one of them (and I believe one of the
first lawsuits stemming from this debacle is from IL), do give monetary
value to an animals suffering, and the anguish that the "pet parent"
suffered as well. IL has what animal welfare advocates call a "model law" -
I printed it out from the website www.animallaw.info, which is hosted by
Michigan State University's College of Law - and it's about 26 pages on
8.5x11 inch (A4 for you Europeans) paper.

Has very good definitions of cruelty and torture, etc.... which this can all
fall into.