PDA

View Full Version : "World's Best" Cat Litter

cybercat
April 2nd 07, 01:02 PM
Anybody familiar with this?

I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the Feline
Pine type.)

They sell it at Petfooddirect.

cindys
April 2nd 07, 01:57 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Anybody familiar with this?
>
> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
> Feline Pine type.)
>
> They sell it at Petfooddirect.
--------
I have never tried it, but I remember reading a thread about it on either
this group or another cat newsgroup a couple of years ago, and people were
really singing its praises.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

April 2nd 07, 02:11 PM
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:02:53 UTC, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> Anybody familiar with this?

Yes. I switched to it when Ruf had his I-131 treatment for a
hyperthyroid condition. It met the requirements for disposing of
radioactive waste as it was both scoopable and flushable.

Ruf is finished with the radioactivity, but I'm not finished with the
"World's Best" cat litter. I find it to be superior to clay-based
kitty litter in that it clumps better, scoops better, and seems to
last longer. Ruf still manages to track it around, but it is also
softer than the clay litters and therefore doesn't scar the floors
when I step on it. It's also ended my wife's complaint about picking
up litter in the vacuum cleaner.

Yes, I'll endorse it, even though it seems to cost a little more.

--
My cat and I are very much alike: we're both gray, we're both fat,
and we both dig in his litter box.

Rene S.
April 2nd 07, 02:58 PM
On Apr 2, 7:02 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Anybody familiar with this?
>
> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the Feline
> Pine type.)
>
> They sell it at Petfooddirect.

Yes, I used this litter for a while. It's corn based and (to me),
smelled a little like corn flakes. :) I liked it. It clumped and
worked well. The only reason I stopped using it was b/c the local pet
store that carried it rarely had it in stock. The manager there said
the distributor was not reliable. Perhaps this doesn't apply to a
place like petfooddirect.

Rene

cybercat
April 2nd 07, 04:58 PM
> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:02:53 UTC, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> Anybody familiar with this?
>
> Yes. I switched to it when Ruf had his I-131 treatment for a
> hyperthyroid condition. It met the requirements for disposing of
> radioactive waste as it was both scoopable and flushable.
>
> Ruf is finished with the radioactivity, but I'm not finished with the
> "World's Best" cat litter. I find it to be superior to clay-based
> kitty litter in that it clumps better, scoops better, and seems to
> last longer. Ruf still manages to track it around, but it is also
> softer than the clay litters and therefore doesn't scar the floors
> when I step on it. It's also ended my wife's complaint about picking
> up litter in the vacuum cleaner.

Good to know. I have hardwoods, and you are right about clay.
I'll add some to my next Petfooddirect order.

PawsForThought
April 2nd 07, 05:45 PM
I use Swheat Scoop and it works pretty well. I have used World's Best
but found the Swheat Scoop to work better and less expensive.

Wendy
April 2nd 07, 08:19 PM
"Rene S." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 2, 7:02 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> Anybody familiar with this?
>>
>> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
>> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
>> Feline
>> Pine type.)
>>
>> They sell it at Petfooddirect.
>
> Yes, I used this litter for a while. It's corn based and (to me),
> smelled a little like corn flakes. :) I liked it. It clumped and
> worked well. The only reason I stopped using it was b/c the local pet
> store that carried it rarely had it in stock. The manager there said
> the distributor was not reliable. Perhaps this doesn't apply to a
> place like petfooddirect.
>
> Rene

I've tried the corn based and wheat based litters and find they get a very
unpleasant smell that is the litter stinking not so much the contents.
Different strokes and all that I guess but I won't use any of this kind of
litter. Once I've scooped I don't want the box to still have an odor.

Priscilla H. Ballou
April 2nd 07, 09:53 PM
In article >, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> Anybody familiar with this?
>
> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the Feline
> Pine type.)
>
> They sell it at Petfooddirect.

You a shill for that seller? You seem to be dropping their name quite a
lot.

WBCL is what I use and love. I can buy it at lots of different places.

Priscilla

cybercat
April 2nd 07, 11:19 PM
"Priscilla H. Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> Anybody familiar with this?
>>
>> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
>> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
>> Feline
>> Pine type.)
>>
>> They sell it at Petfooddirect.
>
> You a shill for that seller? You seem to be dropping their name quite a
> lot.

Priscilla! Gone for years, and you show up just as big an asshole as ever.

> WBCL is what I use and love. I can buy it at lots of different places.

Why don't you shove the next bag up your ass. It might make you feel better,
and it will definitely make me feel better.

cybercat
April 2nd 07, 11:20 PM
"Wendy" > wrote >
> I've tried the corn based and wheat based litters and find they get a very
> unpleasant smell that is the litter stinking not so much the contents.
> Different strokes and all that I guess but I won't use any of this kind of
> litter. Once I've scooped I don't want the box to still have an odor.

Eyyuu, me either. I imagine it smells like peed-upon corn. I think I'll
pass.

Elizabeth Blake
April 3rd 07, 03:22 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Anybody familiar with this?
>
> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
> Feline Pine type.)
>
> They sell it at Petfooddirect.
I've been using this for a few years now. Unlike some others, I don't
notice any funky smell in my boxes. I scoop several times a day and if
either cat uses a box while I'm home (and notice it) I'll scoop that right
away. WBCL comes in two varities, one is "extra strenght" or has something
about multiple cats on the package. The only difference is the "extra
strength" has some perfume added, and I can't stand the way that smells so I
always buy the original.

The first time I put WBCL in the box, Tiger got in and tasted it. The bag
said some cats will do that and there's no harm in it. She was satisfied
after that first taste and never tried to eat any after that.

Do you have any coupon codes for Petfooddirect? I used to order from them a
lot but then switched ISPs/e-mail addresses and couldn't figure out how to
change my e-mail notices to my new address. I'd like to order again but
want at least a 15% discount code before I place an order.

--
Liz

jmc
April 3rd 07, 09:43 AM
Suddenly, without warning, PawsForThought exclaimed (03-Apr-07 2:15 AM):
> I use Swheat Scoop and it works pretty well. I have used World's Best
> but found the Swheat Scoop to work better and less expensive.

See, I found the opposite. I used to use Swheat Scoop but found it
clumped WAY too hard and would stick like glue to the pan (Meep always
uses the edges).

Worlds Best clumps just right. Unfortunately, it's not available here.

jmc

PawsForThought
April 3rd 07, 06:11 PM
On Apr 3, 4:43 am, jmc > wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, PawsForThought exclaimed (03-Apr-07 2:15 AM):> I use Swheat Scoop and it works pretty well. I have used World's Best
> > but found the Swheat Scoop to work better and less expensive.
>
> See, I found the opposite. I used to use Swheat Scoop but found it
> clumped WAY too hard and would stick like glue to the pan (Meep always
> uses the edges).
>
> Worlds Best clumps just right. Unfortunately, it's not available here.
>
> jmc

What I do is I use one of those big plastic garbage can liners (the 33
gallon ones) and put the litterbox inside the bag, so now in essence
what you have is a litterbox liner (just tie up the ends of the bag)
and then I pour the litter in. I find doing it like this keeps it
from sticking to the bottom. Also, when it's time to change the box,
I just untie the bag and turn it inside out so the dirty litter is all
on the insde. (I hope I explained this clearly. It's kind of hard to
explain it without showing it to you) Funny about Meep using the
edges, my Meesha does the same thing :)

Bubble Eyes
April 4th 07, 02:48 AM
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:53:13 -0400, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
> wrote:

>In article >, "cybercat" >
>wrote:
>
>> Anybody familiar with this?
>>
>> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
>> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the Feline
>> Pine type.)
>>
>> They sell it at Petfooddirect.
>
>You a shill for that seller? You seem to be dropping their name quite a
>lot.
>
>WBCL is what I use and love. I can buy it at lots of different places.

I'm with you Priscilla, anybody who suggests that they are going to buy a
bag of cat litter via online is definitely shilling or has some other
hidden agenda. Like maybe they work for UPS or some other shipping company.
WBCL is an excellent product which can be purchased locally.

One of the wonderful things about the newsreader I use (Agent) is that it
has the ability to filter out and delete messages from specific posters. I
have added cybercat to the kill filter. I do not want to see or read any
more of this person's posts. I suggest other people do the same.

cybercat has been PLONKED!!!

cybercat
April 4th 07, 03:19 AM
"Bubble Eyes" > wrote in message
er.mixmin.net...
> On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:53:13 -0400, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
> > wrote:
>
>>In article >, "cybercat" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody familiar with this?
>>>
>>> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
>>> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
>>> Feline
>>> Pine type.)
>>>
>>> They sell it at Petfooddirect.
>>
>>You a shill for that seller? You seem to be dropping their name quite a
>>lot.
>>
>>WBCL is what I use and love. I can buy it at lots of different places.
>
> I'm with you Priscilla, anybody who suggests that they are going to buy a
> bag of cat litter via online is definitely shilling or has some other
> hidden agenda. Like maybe they work for UPS or some other shipping
> company.
> WBCL is an excellent product which can be purchased locally.
>
> One of the wonderful things about the newsreader I use (Agent) is that it
> has the ability to filter out and delete messages from specific posters.
> have added cybercat to the kill filter. I do not want to see or read any
> more of this person's posts. I suggest other people do the same.
>
> cybercat has been PLONKED!!!

*sob*

NO!

Not THAT!

And from such a fine, regular contributor to the group.

I shall never recover from this slight.

cybercat
April 4th 07, 03:22 AM
"Bubble Eyes" > wrote
> I'm with you Priscilla, anybody who suggests that they are going to buy a
> bag of cat litter via online is definitely shilling or has some other
> hidden agenda. Like maybe they work for UPS or some other shipping
> company.
> WBCL is an excellent product which can be purchased locally.

*snicker*

Pinching pennies, are we? I love having supplied delivered to my door.

That's right. I work for UPS, World's Best Litter, Fancy Feast, Fed-Ex,
AND the US Postal Service. I'm a busy, busy cat.

And busted. Damn you people are smart.

Guess I'll just slink away now.

jmc
April 4th 07, 10:59 AM
Suddenly, without warning, PawsForThought exclaimed (04-Apr-07 2:41 AM):
> On Apr 3, 4:43 am, jmc > wrote:
>> Suddenly, without warning, PawsForThought exclaimed (03-Apr-07 2:15 AM):> I use Swheat Scoop and it works pretty well. I have used World's Best
>>> but found the Swheat Scoop to work better and less expensive.
>> See, I found the opposite. I used to use Swheat Scoop but found it
>> clumped WAY too hard and would stick like glue to the pan (Meep always
>> uses the edges).
>>
>> Worlds Best clumps just right. Unfortunately, it's not available here.
>>
>> jmc
>
> What I do is I use one of those big plastic garbage can liners (the 33
> gallon ones) and put the litterbox inside the bag, so now in essence
> what you have is a litterbox liner (just tie up the ends of the bag)
> and then I pour the litter in. I find doing it like this keeps it
> from sticking to the bottom. Also, when it's time to change the box,
> I just untie the bag and turn it inside out so the dirty litter is all
> on the insde. (I hope I explained this clearly. It's kind of hard to
> explain it without showing it to you) Funny about Meep using the
> edges, my Meesha does the same thing :)

Unfortunately the plastic bag thing doesn't work well with Meep. She's
a digger, and shreds plastic bags no matter the thickness. They're good
sieves when she gets through with them.

jmc

PawsForThought
April 4th 07, 04:10 PM
On Apr 4, 5:59 am, jmc > wrote:
Unfortunately the plastic bag thing doesn't work well with Meep.
She's
> a digger, and shreds plastic bags no matter the thickness. They're good
> sieves when she gets through with them.

LOL, well I guess I'm lucky. Even though my cats dig and scratch at
the bag liner, they've never shredded any holes through it. I buy the
heavy duty bags that come on a roll. I don't know if you have this
store near you, but I buy them at Aco Hardware.

Lynne
April 4th 07, 06:11 PM
on Wed, 04 Apr 2007 01:48:49 GMT, Bubble Eyes > wrote:

> I'm with you Priscilla, anybody who suggests that they are going to
> buy a bag of cat litter via online is definitely shilling or has some
> other hidden agenda. Like maybe they work for UPS or some other
> shipping company. WBCL is an excellent product which can be purchased
> locally.

Or like maybe she has gotten good products, good pricing and good (or
perhaps even excellent!) customer service from them? I know I have. It's
also convenient as hell, especially for someone like me who lives in an
area where there aren't any stores carrying quality food choices.

> One of the wonderful things about the newsreader I use (Agent) is that
> it has the ability to filter out and delete messages from specific
> posters. I have added cybercat to the kill filter. I do not want to
> see or read any more of this person's posts. I suggest other people
> do the same.
>
> cybercat has been PLONKED!!!

Idiot.

--
Lynne

Laurie
April 20th 07, 11:23 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Anybody familiar with this?
>
> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the Feline
> Pine type.)
>
> They sell it at Petfooddirect.

When I first tried this litter, I was in love! It was so
lightweight, scooped so beautifully, and smelled like popcorn! But I
had to stop using it while I was fostering some underage babies, because
they were trying to eat it. I put the remainder of the bag into a large
tin can with a lid, put it on a shelf, and forgot all about it. A few
months later, I kept finding these tiny little bugs crawling around on
the shelf where I keep my cat supplies, but I never thought to look in
the big tins, I just thought the bugs might have come from some bird
food or mouse food or something so I tossed all of the seeds and hoped
for the best. One day I went to see what was in all of my tins, opened
the one with the corn litter, and it was FULL of live tiny brownish
black bugs! And the litter barely looked like litter anymore. I
squealed and made my husband take the stuff outside and hose it all
away. Ever since then I'm afraid of using this litter ever again, even
though I really loved it. I guess if you use it up quickly it's safe.
Like flour, it might have some weevil eggs in it somewhere and you just
need to use it before they hatch. Gross!!!

cybercat
April 21st 07, 12:25 AM
"Laurie" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>>
>> Anybody familiar with this?
>>
>> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
>> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
>> Feline
>> Pine type.)
>>
>> They sell it at Petfooddirect.
>
> When I first tried this litter, I was in love! It was so
> lightweight, scooped so beautifully, and smelled like popcorn! But I
> had to stop using it while I was fostering some underage babies, because
> they were trying to eat it. I put the remainder of the bag into a large
> tin can with a lid, put it on a shelf, and forgot all about it. A few
> months later, I kept finding these tiny little bugs crawling around on
> the shelf where I keep my cat supplies, but I never thought to look in
> the big tins, I just thought the bugs might have come from some bird
> food or mouse food or something so I tossed all of the seeds and hoped
> for the best. One day I went to see what was in all of my tins, opened
> the one with the corn litter, and it was FULL of live tiny brownish
> black bugs! And the litter barely looked like litter anymore. I
> squealed and made my husband take the stuff outside and hose it all
> away. Ever since then I'm afraid of using this litter ever again, even
> though I really loved it. I guess if you use it up quickly it's safe.
> Like flour, it might have some weevil eggs in it somewhere and you just
> need to use it before they hatch. Gross!!!

Cool story, I love gross stuff like this. 8D

Cat Protector
April 21st 07, 06:35 AM
Actually if you have a Fry's near you I'd try their Pet Pride line of it. I
found it to be very low dust and it clumps pretty well.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Anybody familiar with this?
>
> I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
> dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
> Feline Pine type.)
>
> They sell it at Petfooddirect.

Cheryl
April 22nd 07, 04:05 AM
On Fri 20 Apr 2007 06:23:40p, Laurie wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:

> Ever since then I'm afraid of using this litter ever again, even
> though I really loved it. I guess if you use it up quickly it's
> safe. Like flour, it might have some weevil eggs in it somewhere
> and you just need to use it before they hatch. Gross!!!

Not just litter, but some foods. Soon after I bought a big cat tree
I started noticing moths flying around. The cats had a great time
chasing them, and never having had a problem with mealy worms
before, I thought nothing of it. Probably came in with me when my
outside light was on. Then I noticed some catipillars on my kitchen
ceiling. I identified them as mealy worms, and thought they came
with the cat tree. THEN, I discovered them in some cheap dry cat
food I'd bought for some strays. It took a very long time to get
rid of them. I had to throw out a lot of food that wasn't sealed
air-tight, and just when I didn't find any more catipillars, I'd
find a moth. Same black head, so I knew it was the same species.

Ever since then I've noticed moths flying around in Petsmart and
other pet supply stores and realize this is where it likely starts.

--
Cheryl