PDA

View Full Version : Cat paw prints on the toilet bowl


April 3rd 07, 07:14 AM
My foster cat has a habit of hiding inside the toilet bowl.
The behaviour is strange to say the least, but we live with it.
What I really need help with is the black paw prints on the toilet
bowl. I have tried
bleach, Baking soda, vinegar (made a nice white foaming volcano) but
the
cat's black paw prints remained. I've also tried Dawn dish washing
liquid. Nothing has worked for me. The cat prints on the inside of the
toilet bowl make it look dirty all the time. I am embarrassed when
company stops by. Help! :~ (
Thanks, Nicole

Charlie Wilkes
April 3rd 07, 08:58 AM
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:14:43 -0700, nefreed wrote:

> My foster cat has a habit of hiding inside the toilet bowl. The
> behaviour is strange to say the least, but we live with it. What I
> really need help with is the black paw prints on the toilet bowl. I have
> tried
> bleach, Baking soda, vinegar (made a nice white foaming volcano) but the
> cat's black paw prints remained. I've also tried Dawn dish washing
> liquid. Nothing has worked for me. The cat prints on the inside of the
> toilet bowl make it look dirty all the time. I am embarrassed when
> company stops by. Help! :~ (
> Thanks, Nicole

You're kidding, right? What would make the cat's paws leave such a dark
stain?

Tell your company to be sure to flush because that is where the cat hangs
out.

Charlie

J&T
April 3rd 07, 09:07 AM
Yea it would take a LOT to leave a stain in the bowl that wont clean
away....


"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
...
> On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:14:43 -0700, nefreed wrote:
>
>> My foster cat has a habit of hiding inside the toilet bowl. The
>> behaviour is strange to say the least, but we live with it. What I
>> really need help with is the black paw prints on the toilet bowl. I have
>> tried
>> bleach, Baking soda, vinegar (made a nice white foaming volcano) but the
>> cat's black paw prints remained. I've also tried Dawn dish washing
>> liquid. Nothing has worked for me. The cat prints on the inside of the
>> toilet bowl make it look dirty all the time. I am embarrassed when
>> company stops by. Help! :~ (
>> Thanks, Nicole
>
> You're kidding, right? What would make the cat's paws leave such a dark
> stain?
>
> Tell your company to be sure to flush because that is where the cat hangs
> out.
>
> Charlie

sheelagh
April 3rd 07, 04:39 PM
On 3 Apr, 07:14, wrote:
> My foster cat has a habit of hiding inside the toilet bowl.
> The behaviour is strange to say the least, but we live with it.
> What I really need help with is the black paw prints on the toilet
> bowl. I have tried
> bleach, Baking soda, vinegar (made a nice white foaming volcano) but
> the
> cat's black paw prints remained. I've also tried Dawn dish washing
> liquid. Nothing has worked for me. The cat prints on the inside of the
> toilet bowl make it look dirty all the time. I am embarrassed when
> company stops by. Help! :~ (
> Thanks, Nicole

As long as it is a ceramic one, try acid.

When we moved into this house 12 years ago, there were prints all over
the inside of the bowl that I hate to think about even now.. but a
gasped breath and a generous dose of acid got shot of everything in it
& believe me there was plenty of marks all over it.

I left it in there for a few hours and went back to it & flushed it,
it was like new again.
Good Luck,

S;o)

barb
April 3rd 07, 06:49 PM
Doesn't your toilet bowl have water in it?

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Lynne
April 3rd 07, 09:13 PM
on Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:49:14 GMT, "barb" > wrote:

> Doesn't your toilet bowl have water in it?

Or a lid you can close to keep the cat out?

--
Lynne

IBen Getiner
April 4th 07, 10:08 AM
On Apr 3, 2:14�am, wrote:
> My foster cat has a habit of hiding inside the toilet bowl.
> The behaviour is strange to say the least, but we live with it.
> What I really need help with is the black paw prints on the toilet
> bowl. I have tried
> bleach, Baking soda, vinegar (made a nice white foaming volcano) but
> the
> cat's black paw prints remained. I've also tried Dawn dish washing
> liquid. Nothing has worked for me. The cat prints on the inside of the
> toilet bowl make it look dirty all the time. I am *embarrassed when
> company stops by. Help! *:~ (
> Thanks, Nicole

He's probably drinking from it as well, Nicky. You should stop this
behavior immediately. The reason for his attraction to the commode is
really quite primitive. He wants to share your scent, and apparently
the normal means afforded to him as a cat is not sufficient.This
behavior sounds a little on the unbalanced side. I'd have this checked
into by a professional. But definitely stop him if he's gulping from
the toilet. That can lead to a nasty little infection of the digestive
tract, I believe..

Good luck.

IBen Getiner

jmc
April 4th 07, 10:54 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Lynne exclaimed (04-Apr-07 5:43 AM):
> on Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:49:14 GMT, "barb" > wrote:
>
>> Doesn't your toilet bowl have water in it?
>
> Or a lid you can close to keep the cat out?
>
If he's not in the USA, there's not a lot of water in it. From what
I've seen, only us Yanks still have toilets that have more water than a
goldfish bowl.

jmc

The Nice Mean Man
April 4th 07, 12:41 PM
On Apr 4, 5:54�am, jmc > wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, Lynne exclaimed (04-Apr-07 5:43 AM):> on Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:49:14 GMT, "barb" > wrote:
>
> >> Doesn't your toilet bowl have water in it?
>
> > Or a lid you can close to keep the cat out?
>
> * If he's not in the USA, there's not a lot of water in it. *From what
> I've seen, only us Yanks still have toilets that have more water than a
> goldfish bowl.
>
> jmc

Then how do your turds go down with just one flush? You see... over
here, we 'yanks' tend to be a bit larger than you limy *******s over
there. You've been inbreeding on that little island for so long that
it has affected your body size (your teeth, too:). And a larger body
translates into bigger crap-piles. I'm not trying to be gross here.
This is a fact. So when we sit down on a toilet that has only as much
water as a fish bowl, but when it comes to flushing, our mess won't go
down in one attempt. We have those new 'water efficient'
environmentally nutty toilets over here, but everyone who gets one
ends up ripping it out for the old original model.
The stuff has to go down, bub. And we don't flush our waste out into
the streets, as I've heard you people have done in times past. We are
sanitary folks. We don't have plagues and world wars and the like
going on over here. Not unless the muslims or the blacks are involved.
We just so happen to be large people. And I don't mean fat. I mean
taller, broader and wider. Just like everything else we do, make and
say. So don't put us down because you happen to have small azzholes
over there. Because the next time Germany comes calling, we might just
**** on YOU instead of pulling your asses out of the fire. Again.


IBen Getiner

James
April 4th 07, 06:05 PM
My pussy is fasinated by a flushing toilet. She often jumps up to
watch when she hears a flush.

Once I caught her drinking from the toilet. After that I don't let
her eat off my plate any more and also now keep a cup of water in the
tub so she don't have to drink from the toilet.

April 4th 07, 08:27 PM
On Apr 4, 4:08 am, "IBen Getiner" > wrote:
> He's probably drinking from it as well, Nicky. You should stop this
> behavior immediately. The reason for his attraction to the commode is
> really quite primitive. He wants to share your scent, and apparently
> the normal means afforded to him as a cat is not sufficient.This
> behavior sounds a little on the unbalanced side. I'd have this checked
> into by a professional.
> Good luck.
>
> IBen Getiner

I'm going to try to respond to many posts all in this one....

Barb
There is a bit of water in the bottom of the toilet, not high enough
that she can't sit in the toilet without getting wet.
She doesn't mind water though, and frequently joins us in the shower,
and has joined me in the bathtub as well.
She drinks the bathwater if I take a bath, and sometimes drinks out of
the toilet.

Charlie & JT
I'm not sure why her pawprints are so black. Maybe litter dust? Maybe
the litter dust is compounded by the fact that we have hard water?
That's another reason it doesn't make sense that she drinks the water
(it has a bit of sulphury smell) when we have bowls of bottled water
and fountains with running bottled water available for the cats to
drink from.

Sheelagh
what kind of acid? I may need to give this a try.

IBen,
She is a bit of a strange cat.
That's why she had to go to foster before we could put her up for
adoption.
We've been fostering her since September. She was near untouchable
when we took her in to foster. Now she will sit on laps and can be
petted for minutes at a time. She is also very talkative, and will sit
with you and respond if you talk to her like you are having a
conversation.
I am interested in what you say about this being her way of trying to
share our scent. Do you think we don't give her enough time? She
often sits on laps, and hangs out near us, or chats with us, even
though she often doesn't want to be petted.

Thanks so much to everyone,

Nicole

jmc
April 6th 07, 11:02 AM
Suddenly, without warning, The Nice Mean Man exclaimed (04-Apr-07 9:11 PM):
> On Apr 4, 5:54�am, jmc > wrote:
>> Suddenly, without warning, Lynne exclaimed (04-Apr-07 5:43 AM):> on Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:49:14 GMT, "barb" > wrote:
>>
>>>> Doesn't your toilet bowl have water in it?
>>> Or a lid you can close to keep the cat out?
>> � If he's not in the USA, there's not a lot of water in it. �From what
>> I've seen, only us Yanks still have toilets that have more water than a
>> goldfish bowl.
>>
>> jmc
>
> Then how do your turds go down with just one flush? You see... over
> here, we 'yanks' tend to be a bit larger than you limy *******s over
> there.

<dross deleted>
>
> IBen Getiner
>

Ya missed the "us" on my post. And I've been using those low-water
toilets for some many years, and haven't had to double-flush even once.

jmc