PDA

View Full Version : Litter recommendations *cough cough*

Morvak
April 4th 07, 02:00 PM
Wife and I have 1 1/2 cats (one is a feral runt). We're sick of dusty
litter.

We're looking for a decent alternative - today I JUST found out about
"Yesterdays' News" by purina. Any reviews on that?

Looking for any and all alternatives, thanks!!!

Paul and Nancy

cybercat
April 4th 07, 03:24 PM
"Morvak" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Wife and I have 1 1/2 cats (one is a feral runt). We're sick of dusty
> litter.

This is why I want to switch. But I'm afraid to change the nature of the
litter too much because my cats are good about using their boxes and I want
them to
stay that way.

> We're looking for a decent alternative - today I JUST found out about
> "Yesterdays' News" by purina. Any reviews on that?

I have seen this litter, but imagine that litter made from newspapers will
feel very different for the cats.

Lis
April 4th 07, 03:53 PM
On Apr 4, 9:00 am, "Morvak" > wrote:
> Wife and I have 1 1/2 cats (one is a feral runt). We're sick of dusty
> litter.
>
> We're looking for a decent alternative - today I JUST found out about
> "Yesterdays' News" by purina. Any reviews on that?
>
> Looking for any and all alternatives, thanks!!!
>
> Paul and Nancy

Many cats hate Yesterday's News. If your cats accept it, though, it
works very well. What I'd suggest is that you set up a new box, right
near their current box or boxes, and give it a week or two to see if
they use it. There are also wheat, pine, and other litters that should
feel more like what they're accustomed to. A co-worker here who's
living with cats for the first time is using the wheat litter, Swheat,
I think it's called, and likes it much better than the clay litter he
was using for his cats before, and the cats accepted it easily.

Lis

Lynne
April 4th 07, 06:15 PM
on Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:24:10 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> This is why I want to switch. But I'm afraid to change the nature of
> the litter too much because my cats are good about using their boxes
> and I want them to
> stay that way.

You just have to switch gradually and keep an eye on their litter box
behavior as you do.

--
Lynne

Rhonda
April 5th 07, 07:15 AM
We used it for years -- the cats did fine with it.

We switched though because it doesn't compost quickly and has to be
changed more often than some of the other litters that cover the smell
better.

Rhonda

Morvak wrote:
> Wife and I have 1 1/2 cats (one is a feral runt). We're sick of dusty
> litter.
>
> We're looking for a decent alternative - today I JUST found out about
> "Yesterdays' News" by purina. Any reviews on that?
>
> Looking for any and all alternatives, thanks!!!
>
> Paul and Nancy

cybercat
April 5th 07, 05:27 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> We used it for years -- the cats did fine with it.

What did you switch to?

Fuga :o\)
April 6th 07, 12:24 AM
Alot of feral cats and stray cats do well with Yesterday's news.

I find that it is not very odor absorbent.

Rhonda
April 6th 07, 03:14 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
>
>>We used it for years -- the cats did fine with it.
>
> What did you switch to?

To Feline Pine. Now we use the less expensive version of pelleted pine
-- Woody Pet.

Rhonda