PDA

View Full Version : Iams and Eukanuba cat food

mlbriggs
April 4th 07, 06:09 PM
Today's newspaper carried a full page ad. It confirmed that Iams and
Eukanuba dry food is perfectly safe for out pets. MLNB

Lis
April 4th 07, 06:30 PM
On Apr 4, 1:09 pm, mlbriggs > wrote:
> Today's newspaper carried a full page ad. It confirmed that Iams and
> Eukanuba dry food is perfectly safe for out pets. MLNB

It ASSERTS that Eukanuba and Iams dry foods are perfectly safe for our
pets. It's probably correct, but a paid advertisement by the company
that produces the products is hardly the same thing as independent,
objective verification.

Lis

sheelagh
April 4th 07, 08:07 PM
On 4 Apr, 18:30, "Lis" > wrote:
> On Apr 4, 1:09 pm, mlbriggs > wrote:
>
> > Today's newspaper carried a full page ad. It confirmed that Iams and
> > Eukanuba dry food is perfectly safe for out pets. MLNB
>
> It ASSERTS that Eukanuba and Iams dry foods are perfectly safe for our
> pets. It's probably correct, but a paid advertisement by the company
> that produces the products is hardly the same thing as independent,
> objective verification.
>
> Lis

Is this scare contained to the USA Only?

The reason I ask is because it has hardly been mentioned over here at
all..
You would think they would have, judging by the severity of the effect
it has had on the USA, Wouldn't you?
Which Brands is there to choose from that has not been affected,
because looking at the lists, it covers pretty much every one of them
now!

It must be ever so worrying for you all. I have to admit that I have
been looking out for brands in the shops just waiting for something to
be recalled, & trying as hard as we can to avoid the ones that have
been affected, just in case...
S;o)

Lis
April 4th 07, 08:56 PM
On Apr 4, 3:07 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 4 Apr, 18:30, "Lis" > wrote:
>
> > On Apr 4, 1:09 pm, mlbriggs > wrote:
>
> > > Today's newspaper carried a full page ad. It confirmed that Iams and
> > > Eukanuba dry food is perfectly safe for out pets. MLNB
>
> > It ASSERTS that Eukanuba and Iams dry foods are perfectly safe for our
> > pets. It's probably correct, but a paid advertisement by the company
> > that produces the products is hardly the same thing as independent,
> > objective verification.
>
> > Lis
>
> Is this scare contained to the USA Only?

It affects the US and Canada. There's a Canadian woman who's very sick
because she had a rescue dog who was reluctant to eat. She thought his
problem was stress and insecurity, and she ate some of the food to
encourage him to eat. It worked, and now they're both seriously ill.

> The reason I ask is because it has hardly been mentioned over here at
> all..
> You would think they would have, judging by the severity of the effect
> it has had on the USA, Wouldn't you?

The scary thing is that the major news media HERE have been very slow
to give it any significant coverage. They're only starting to make
note of the fact that the "sixteen confirmed deaths" is from the very
beginning of the scare and consists mostly of the animals in Menu
Foods' feeding trial to determine if the reports they were getting
really were caused by their food. In states where the state
veterinarian is asking veterinarians to report deaths and illnesses
apparently related to the food, there are generally over a hundred
each. You can barely tell that from the major news coverage, though.

> Which Brands is there to choose from that has not been affected,
> because looking at the lists, it covers pretty much every one of them
> now!

All the major pet food corporations have something on the recall list.
So far there's no actual evidence that ANY dry foods are affected,
though, and there are smaller companies that have no foods on the
recall list, and companies that don't do business with Menu Foods and/
or don't use any wheat gluten in any of their products.

Foods not on the recall list:
http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=210

The list of foods recalled:
http://localhostr.com/files/3b3e7c6af17ef0677e5c.pdf

> It must be ever so worrying for you all. I have to admit that I have
> been looking out for brands in the shops just waiting for something to
> be recalled, & trying as hard as we can to avoid the ones that have
> been affected, just in case...
> S;o)

It's very scary. The fact that the list has expanded to include foods
that were considered "safe" alternatives at the beginning makes
everyone even more nervous and more inclined to panic. My new dog--her
breeder feeds ONE of her dogs Alpo because she likes it better than
what the other dogs are getting. So of course it turns out that this
dog's favorite flavor is the exact product that just got added to the
recall list. Fortunately, the product codes are different, and the dog
appears to be okay, but she's had her last can of Alpo for the
foreseeable future, and quite possibly forever.

Whether you're feeding your pets something high-end because you
believe it's the highest-quality food for them, or something lower-end
because it's what they really like, or what you can afford, you've got
a scarily high chance of having made the wrong choice, and
accidentally poisoned your pet.

Lis

imloafin
April 4th 07, 09:49 PM
On Apr 4, 1:30 pm, "Lis" > wrote:
> On Apr 4, 1:09 pm, mlbriggs > wrote:
>
> > Today's newspaper carried a full page ad. It confirmed that Iams and
> > Eukanuba dry food is perfectly safe for out pets. MLNB
>
> It ASSERTS that Eukanuba and Iams dry foods are perfectly safe for our
> pets. It's probably correct, but a paid advertisement by the company
> that produces the products is hardly the same thing as independent,
> objective verification.
>
> Lis

Iams "dry" is suspected in a cat's death, details here:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200704/NAT20070403a.html

Matthew
April 4th 07, 10:29 PM
No it is not PETA got a report and passed it on. Anything that PETA has to
do with is subject to suspicion

"imloafin" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 4, 1:30 pm, "Lis" > wrote:
>> On Apr 4, 1:09 pm, mlbriggs > wrote:
>>
>> > Today's newspaper carried a full page ad. It confirmed that Iams and
>> > Eukanuba dry food is perfectly safe for out pets. MLNB
>>
>> It ASSERTS that Eukanuba and Iams dry foods are perfectly safe for our
>> pets. It's probably correct, but a paid advertisement by the company
>> that produces the products is hardly the same thing as independent,
>> objective verification.
>>
>> Lis
>
> Iams "dry" is suspected in a cat's death, details here:
>
> http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200704/NAT20070403a.html

Lis
April 4th 07, 10:36 PM
On Apr 4, 4:49 pm, "imloafin" > wrote:
> On Apr 4, 1:30 pm, "Lis" > wrote:
>
> > On Apr 4, 1:09 pm, mlbriggs > wrote:
>
> > > Today's newspaper carried a full page ad. It confirmed that Iams and
> > > Eukanuba dry food is perfectly safe for out pets. MLNB
>
> > It ASSERTS that Eukanuba and Iams dry foods are perfectly safe for our
> > pets. It's probably correct, but a paid advertisement by the company
> > that produces the products is hardly the same thing as independent,
> > objective verification.
>
> > Lis
>
> Iams "dry" is suspected in a cat's death, details here:
>
> http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200704/NAT...

According to PETA--not exactly a reliable source, and not exactly a
friend to pets and pet owners. They routinely kill surrendered pets
that the former owners expected that PETA, being an "animal rights
organization" would rehome, because PETA believes it's an
insupportable affront to any animal to live in close dependence on
humans. PETA's goal is that we should have NO pets; the purpose of
their current antics is to convince pet owners that there is NOTHING
we can safely feed our pets.

And no, a grieving pet owner, with no supporting veterinary
information, and no information at all about the cat's age or previous
health, is not evidence, either. A two-year-old cat with kidney
failure raises suspicion of toxicity somewhere as one serious
possibility; a sixteen-year-old cat with kidney failure simply does
not, not unless there's other evidence to suggest it. The cat's age
and previous condition are not mentioned; just the final diagnosis.
And details matter: Ten years ago, my four-year-old cat died suddenly
of acute renal failure. Should I have suspected tainted food? Well,
maybe--except that it was the same food I was feeding my other two
cats, who were fine, and the cat that died was the runt of her litter,
always tiny and with close to zero body fat. She had congenital
defects in her internal organs, and four years was just all that was
in her. The cat mentioned in the story may have been like her, or may
have been a vigorous, healthy two-year-old, or may have been an
otherwise-healthy but elderly fifteen-year-old. We don't know. The
story gives us nothing, except the pet owner's grief, and PETA's
shameless exploitation of it.

Lis

imloafin
April 5th 07, 01:43 AM
On Apr 4, 5:29 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> No it is not PETA got a report and passed it on. Anything that PETA has to
> do with is subject to suspicion
>
> "imloafin" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> >> It ASSERTS that Eukanuba and Iams dry foods are perfectly safe for our
> >> pets. It's probably correct, but a paid advertisement by the company
> >> that produces the products is hardly the same thing as independent,
> >> objective verification.
>
> >> Lis
>
> > Iams "dry" is suspected in a cat's death, details here:
>
> >http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200704/NAT...- Hide quoted text -

hi "Matthew", thanks for weighing-in on this subject.

You assert:

Quote: "No it is not...

Assuming you are referring to the "suspected" reference; if the pet
owner suspects
the pet's death is diet related, then the suspicion has merit - until
proved, or, disproved.
A suspicious death is just that: suspicious. All evidence is to be
considered.

Quote cont'd.: ...PETA got a report and passed it on."

Apparently, that is the scenario: a reiteration of a published news
story.

Quote: "Anything that PETA has to do with is subject to suspicion(.)"

While their reputation and motivation may be a topic for a different
debate, that story alerted me
to another case - glaringly - similar to mine!

Read: My young cat became deathly ill with acute respiratory arrest
after consuming
from a - fresh bag - of Iams dry food. (Previous bags were consumed
without incident.)

Tragically, my vet recommended euthanasia due to the suffering.

Coincidence of case? Perhaps. Then, perhaps not.

This matter indicates further investigation and evaluation, replete
with laboratory
analysis of food samples, possible autopsy or diagnosis of tissue
specimens.

I'm attempting to contact the pet owner in the story to compare
product label dates
and codes, vet notes, etc.

If a correlation can be established, a Warning Notice broad-casted,
then other pet owners may come forward with similar reports.
Presently, the owners may not correlate the advertised-as-safe dry
food with an illness or death!

I have documents in-hand.

Lis
April 5th 07, 02:43 AM
On Apr 4, 3:56 pm, "Lis" > wrote:
> On Apr 4, 3:07 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:

<snip>

> > Which Brands is there to choose from that has not been affected,
> > because looking at the lists, it covers pretty much every one of them
> > now!
>
> All the major pet food corporations have something on the recall list.
> So far there's no actual evidence that ANY dry foods are affected,
> though, and there are smaller companies that have no foods on the
> recall list, and companies that don't do business with Menu Foods and/
> or don't use any wheat gluten in any of their products.

You know, I made a wrong statement here, that needs to be corrected--
and our PETA-believer came along and challenged the wrong statement.
There IS one dry food that's affected; Hill's Science Diet M/D, one of
their prescription diets, that has also been recalled.

Of course, lack of evidence that any other dry foods are affected is
not the same thing as proof that they're safe, either. The recall list
has already been expanded several times, and the Science Diet M/D
recall breaches the "no dry foods involved" barrier. Everyone's
worried.

<snip>

Lis

Matthew
April 5th 07, 03:24 AM
"imloafin" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 4, 5:29 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> No it is not PETA got a report and passed it on. Anything that PETA has
>> do with is subject to suspicion
>>
>> "imloafin" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...

>> > Iams "dry" is suspected in a cat's death, details here:
>>
>> >http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200704/NAT...-

> hi "Matthew", thanks for weighing-in on this subject.
>
> You assert:
>
> Quote: "No it is not...
>
> Assuming you are referring to the "suspected" reference; if the pet
> owner suspects
> the pet's death is diet related, then the suspicion has merit - until
> proved, or, disproved.
> A suspicious death is just that: suspicious. All evidence is to be
> considered.
>
> Quote cont'd.: ...PETA got a report and passed it on."
>
> Apparently, that is the scenario: a reiteration of a published news
> story.
>
> Quote: "Anything that PETA has to do with is subject to suspicion(.)"
>
> While their reputation and motivation may be a topic for a different
> debate, that story alerted me
> to another case - glaringly - similar to mine!
>
> Read: My young cat became deathly ill with acute respiratory arrest
> after consuming
> from a - fresh bag - of Iams dry food. (Previous bags were consumed
> without incident.)
>
> Tragically, my vet recommended euthanasia due to the suffering.
>
> Coincidence of case? Perhaps. Then, perhaps not.
>
> This matter indicates further investigation and evaluation, replete
> with laboratory
> analysis of food samples, possible autopsy or diagnosis of tissue
> specimens.
>
> I'm attempting to contact the pet owner in the story to compare
> product label dates
> and codes, vet notes, etc.
>
> If a correlation can be established, a Warning Notice broad-casted,
> then other pet owners may come forward with similar reports.
> Presently, the owners may not correlate the advertised-as-safe dry
> food with an illness or death!
>
> I have documents in-hand.

After you have all the above done and have documents in hand in terms real
proof.

I will be one of the first to be out there broadcasting the problems. Also
please except my sorrows for the passing of your furball.

Ps. good luck getting information from PETA be ready for them to use your
story as a building block for more advertisement for them.

April 5th 07, 04:10 AM
On Apr 4, 3:07 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>> Is this scare contained to the USA Only?

SOME RECALLED PET FOODS IN BELGIUM, OTHER EU NATIONS 03/26/07

Here's a 3/22/07 press release from the Belgian Food Agency:
Belgium has imported 40 boxes each containing 24 items. The Food
Agency is trying to find out where these products have been sold but
has not received any information from the USA supplier as yet. It is
also possible that there is more than this amount on the Belgian
market, possibly through import from other EU countries. Europe has
imported a total of 3440 boxes.

Belgian Food Agency Press Release (in Dutch)
http://www.favv-afsca.fgov.be/home/press/doc07/2007-03-22_Menu_foods_nl.pdf
http://tinyurl.com/36x7co

PDF translanted from Dutch to English

COMMUNICATION:
Serious problems with cat feeding of the American firma menu Foods
inc.

The federal food agency FAVV was informed by means of RASFF-systeem
(warning system of the European Commission) that a number European
lands cat fodder from the United States from the firma menu
originating Foods inc had introduced. In the United States kidney
problems were determined at cats which have with this feeding.
Wet feeding of the mark menu Foods inc. where problems became are
determined:

o Choice complete Care Adult Rich in Chicken & Liver
o Choice complete Care Adult Rich in Turkey with Broth
o Choice complete Care Kitten Rich in Chicken & Liver
o Choice complete Care Light Rich in Chicken & Liver
o Choice complete Care senior person Rich in Chicken & Turkey
o Choice complete Care Kitten with Ocean fish & Tuna
o Choice complete Care Kitten Rich in Salmon with
o Ocean fish

It will draw lots about this only with packing of 85 gr with as
minimum durability dates which those falls between 03/12/2008 and
07/03/2009.
Belgium has 40 lays in a coffin with each time 24 items introduced.
The food agency tries retrieve where these products are offered buy
but until now further information still no of the American firma have
received. It can however also be that there on the Belgian market
more
than this quantity has arrived by import from other European Member
States. In sum conducted Europe 3440 lay in a coffin in.
Although it concerns here only a limited number of quantities, the
food agency wants use here too the precaution principle. Persons who
keep cats and that cat feeding will have bought of American produce,
to be advised examine if their cat tin feeding was produced by the
firma menu Foods Inc. if, however, and these agrees to above data
(durability date, 85 gr and ingredients), then brings back she best
this feeding to their sale point.

F.A.V.V. WTC III - Simon Bolivarlaan 30 - 1000 Brussel Meldpunt voor
de consumenten: Tel. 0800 13550 http://www.favv.be

A.F.S.C.A. WTC III - Bd. Simon Bolivar 30 - 1000 Bruxelles Point de
contact pour les consommateurs : Tel. 0800 13550 http://www.afsca.be

imloafin
April 5th 07, 05:12 AM
On Apr 4, 10:24 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "imloafin" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On Apr 4, 5:29 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> >> No it is not PETA got a report and passed it on. Anything that PETA has
> >> do with is subject to suspicion
>
> >> "imloafin" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> > hi "Matthew", thanks for weighing-in on this subject.
>
> > You assert:
>
> > Quote: "No it is not...
>
> > Assuming you are referring to the "suspected" reference; if the pet
> > owner suspects
> > the pet's death is diet related, then the suspicion has merit - until
> > proved, or, disproved.
> > A suspicious death is just that: suspicious. All evidence is to be
> > considered.
>
> > Quote cont'd.: ...PETA got a report and passed it on."
>
> > Apparently, that is the scenario: a reiteration of a published news
> > story.
>
> > Quote: "Anything that PETA has to do with is subject to suspicion(.)"
>
> > While their reputation and motivation may be a topic for a different
> > debate, that story alerted me
> > to another case - glaringly - similar to mine!
>
> > Read: My young cat became deathly ill with acute respiratory arrest
> > after consuming
> > from a - fresh bag - of Iams dry food. (Previous bags were consumed
> > without incident.)
>
> > Tragically, my vet recommended euthanasia due to the suffering.
>
> > Coincidence of case? Perhaps. Then, perhaps not.
>
> > This matter indicates further investigation and evaluation, replete
> > with laboratory
> > analysis of food samples, possible autopsy or diagnosis of tissue
> > specimens.
>
> > I'm attempting to contact the pet owner in the story to compare
> > product label dates
> > and codes, vet notes, etc.
>
> > If a correlation can be established, a Warning Notice broad-casted,
> > then other pet owners may come forward with similar reports.
> > Presently, the owners may not correlate the advertised-as-safe dry
> > food with an illness or death!
>
> > I have documents in-hand.
>
> After you have all the above done and have documents in hand in terms real
> proof.
>
> I will be one of the first to be out there broadcasting the problems. Also
> please except my sorrows for the passing of your furball.
>
> Ps. good luck getting information from PETA be ready for them to use your
> story as a building block for more advertisement for them.- Hide quoted text -

hi "Matthew", thanks for a reply, offer of support and the
condolences.

I have in-hand:
The remaining nearly-full bag of fresh Iams "dry" food in question,
purchase receipt (previous receipts, too), vet's billing statement of
all medical treatments, recent photos of a healthy pet.

The "other" pet owner has an unlisted phone number, the only other
listing in the same city (a relative?) with the same last name has a
disconnected phone number. I'll continue trying thru other methods.

I have no interest in being exploited by any "Cause's cause."
If tainted pet food is proveable, or convincingly suspect, I'll
promptly be in direct communication with the FDA via formal legal
channels: the attorney general's office in my state!

sheelagh
April 6th 07, 11:22 PM
On 5 Apr, 04:10, wrote:
> [...]
> received. It can however also be that there on the Belgian market
> more
> than this quantity has arrived by import from other European Member
> States. In sum conducted Europe 3440 lay in a coffin in.
> Although it concerns here only a limited number of quantities, the
> food agency wants use here too the precaution principle. Persons who
> keep cats and that cat feeding will have bought of American produce,
> to be advised examine if their cat tin feeding was produced by the
> firma menu Foods Inc. if, however, and these agrees to above data
> (durability date, 85 gr and ingredients), then brings back she best
> this feeding to their sale point.
>
> F.A.V.V. WTC III - Simon Bolivarlaan 30 - 1000 Brussel Meldpunt voor
> de consumenten: Tel. 0800 13550http://www.favv.be
>
> A.F.S.C.A. WTC III - Bd. Simon Bolivar 30 - 1000 Bruxelles Point de

Mike, I was wondering whether you have had any updates on the Dutch
site that you posted the other day regarding the foods that have been
imported from the USA to Europe?
I have been looking for information, in particular the Iams pouches of
wet food, because all of our crew have been eating that particular
brand?
It is ever so worrying to think that there are thousands of cans &
pouches out there waiting like primed canons waiting to go off.
Lis might have some info regarding it too, as she was explaining that
some of the food has got through to Canada too, hasn't it?
Any news would be good if poss?
Many thanks,
S;o)

Lis
April 7th 07, 11:50 PM
On Apr 6, 6:22 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> [...]
>
> > F.A.V.V. WTC III - Simon Bolivarlaan 30 - 1000 Brussel Meldpunt voor
> > de consumenten: Tel. 0800 13550http://www.favv.be
>
> > A.F.S.C.A. WTC III - Bd. Simon Bolivar 30 - 1000 Bruxelles Point de
> > contact pour les consommateurs : Tel. 0800 13550http://www.afsca.be
>
> Mike, I was wondering whether you have had any updates on the Dutch
> site that you posted the other day regarding the foods that have been
> imported from the USA to Europe?
> I have been looking for information, in particular the Iams pouches of
> wet food, because all of our crew have been eating that particular
> brand?
> It is ever so worrying to think that there are thousands of cans &
> pouches out there waiting like primed canons waiting to go off.
> Lis might have some info regarding it too, as she was explaining that
> some of the food has got through to Canada too, hasn't it?

Sheelagh,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I don't really have more information
on the Belgian recall. Canada and the US--for a lot of purposes, that
border doesn't exist. Menu is actually a Canadian company, which
operates plants in both the US and Canada. There are really only three
major pet food manufacturers in North America--actual physical
manufacturers, who do contract manufacturing for most of the major
brands. The situation is similar for most consumer goods--not
necessarily so few manufacturers, but however many they are, they
distribute throughout North America. So when something like this
happens, it affects the USA, Canada, and often Mexico, too, and just
following that is confusing enough. I know that some was exported to
Europe, and I believe I've heard that some of the contaminated Chinese
wheat gluten went to the Netherlands or through the Netherlands, but I
don't know enough details to be useful to anyone. Sorry.:(

Lis

Lynne
April 8th 07, 02:50 AM
on Sat, 07 Apr 2007 22:50:02 GMT, "Lis" > wrote:

> I know that some was exported to
> Europe, and I believe I've heard that some of the contaminated Chinese
> wheat gluten went to the Netherlands or through the Netherlands, but I
> don't know enough details to be useful to anyone.

Damn. How scary for people in those countries! I hope that information is
clarified and soon.

Sheelagh, I'd take to reading labels and avoid anything with wheat gluten.
Read your treat labels, too.

--
Lynne

sheelagh
April 8th 07, 02:32 PM
On 8 Apr, 02:50, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sat, 07 Apr 2007 22:50:02 GMT, "Lis" > wrote:
>
> > I know that some was exported to
> > Europe, and I believe I've heard that some of the contaminated Chinese
> > wheat gluten went to the Netherlands or through the Netherlands, but I
> > don't know enough details to be useful to anyone.
>
> Damn. How scary for people in those countries! I hope that information is
> clarified and soon.
>
> Sheelagh, I'd take to reading labels and avoid anything with wheat gluten.
> Read your treat labels, too.
>
> --
> Lynne

Lynne, we are being told nothing...Zilch, Zero about this pet food
scare at all. In fact I can't even think of a single news broadcast
relating to this incident in any of the news bulletins...& I am an
avid news watcher, so if there had been, I would have noticed it. It
hasn't even been mentioned as a problem that is occurring in the
states either.

All of the information that I am getting is through news groups such
as un.
In fact the only reason that I know that it has reached Europe, is
because of a previous Dutch poster, telling us that it has reached the
Netherlands, & translating a Cat Food Warning link that they have been
notified about.

Unfortunately, no one seems to know where the (3400??) cases of food
have gone to, hence the panic. I have tried going through the food
standards agencies and they have nothing to alert us that there is
even a problem, never mind who or where might be affected!!

I am going to take your advice though and avoid Anything with wheat or
gluten in it.
Mine normally eat a diet of Iams dry for daytime grazing & also
whiskers super meat wet food x twice daily. Have you any idea if
either of them are affected at all?
Thanks for the advice, I will act on it this week @ Pets @ Home when I
go and get the moggies food in.

S;o)

IBen Getiner
April 9th 07, 08:59 AM
On Apr 4, 1:30�pm, "Lis" > wrote:
> On Apr 4, 1:09 pm, mlbriggs > wrote:
>
> > Today's newspaper carried a full page ad. *It confirmed that Iams * and
> > Eukanuba dry food is perfectly safe for out pets. *MLNB
>
> It ASSERTS that Eukanuba and Iams dry foods are perfectly safe for our
> pets. It's probably correct, but a paid advertisement by the company
> that produces the products is hardly the same thing as independent,
> objective verification.
>
> Lis

Bull****. It's BETTER. These people are sticking their financial necks
out one the line. If they make this claim publicly and it turns out to
be wrong, they're finished. And they know this going in. They wouldn't
make this kind of a statement unless they were 100 percent sure. And
that's a move rooted in financial survival. A commodity that I would
put above and beyond any independent 'anything', anywhere anyplace
anytime. This particular kind of money don't talk... it SWEARS. And
when it comes to my pets, that's a language that's good enough for me.

IBen