PDA

View Full Version : Pet owners retreat to kitchens

April 4th 07, 11:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/homemade.petfood.ap/index.html

Marvel
April 5th 07, 03:10 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/homemade.petfood.ap/index.html

I think we should educate ourselves on foods that are not recommended...it's
like Y2K for cats

Fred G. Mackey
April 6th 07, 06:46 AM
Marvel wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/homemade.petfood.ap/index.html
>>

> I think we should educate ourselves on foods that are not recommended...it's
> like Y2K for cats

And like Y2K, the danger is highly exagerrated - not that I wouldn't be
worried if kitty didn't like the dry crap I feed her, but like the Peter
Pan salmonella scare this is very small - even if the terror is widespread.

April 7th 07, 12:40 AM
In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Fred G. Mackey > wrote:

>> I think we should educate ourselves on foods that are not recommended...
>> it's like Y2K for cats

> And like Y2K, the danger is highly exagerrated - not that I wouldn't be
> worried if kitty didn't like the dry crap I feed her, but like the Peter
> Pan salmonella scare this is very small - even if the terror is widespread.

The husband of one of our members actually got sick from salmonella in
Peter Pan... so it does happen. Though to tell you the truth, I find the
pet food thing much more scary.

Joyce

jofirey
April 7th 07, 02:13 AM
> wrote in message
> In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes Fred G. Mackey > wrote:
>
> >> I think we should educate ourselves on foods that are not
> >> recommended...
> >> it's like Y2K for cats
>
> > And like Y2K, the danger is highly exagerrated - not that I wouldn't be
> > worried if kitty didn't like the dry crap I feed her, but like the Peter
> > Pan salmonella scare this is very small - even if the terror is
> > widespread.
>
> The husband of one of our members actually got sick from salmonella in
> Peter Pan... so it does happen. Though to tell you the truth, I find the
> pet food thing much more scary.
>
> Joyce

Trouble with the salmonella thing was if someone got hold of a bad jar, they
would continue to dose themselves because they would have no idea what was
making them sick.

A little salmonella is probably not a huge big deal. But being reintroduced
to it every day or every few days sounds like hell.

And the poor kids who got a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day.
Make that three or four kids in one house and I can hardly imagine how awful
it would be.

Partly it scared me because Louie got so sick. And I distinctly remember
just before the recall, standing in the store that was out of my favorite
Jiff. Trying to decide between Skippy and Peter Pan. We always liked Peter
Pan when I was a kid but there must have been an angel on my shoulder
because I picked up the Skippy.

I have a lot of digestive problems as it is, don't need any added
ingredients.

Jo

aprilviolet
April 10th 07, 03:54 PM
On Apr 6, 1:46 pm, "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote:
> Marvel wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
> >>http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/homemade.petfood.ap/index.html
>
> > I think we should educate ourselves on foods that are not recommended...it's
> > like Y2K for cats
>
> And like Y2K, the danger is highly exagerrated - not that I wouldn't be
> worried if kitty didn't like the dry crap I feed her, but like the Peter
> Pan salmonella scare this is very small - even if the terror is widespread.

Still finding my way with all these discussions, looks like there are
spammers here.