PDA

View Full Version : the trolls...

Joe Canuck
April 6th 07, 01:30 PM
Hey folks...

The best way we can deal with the trolls in here is to simply ignore them.

Now, they do hate being ignored and will escalation their attention
getting antics.

Remain firm in the face of it and simply not respond to them.

By engaging them you contribute to the signal-to-noise ratio in here
which is exactly what they want.

In any case, we have far more important issues to be discussing at this
time.

Just my 2 cents.

sheelagh
April 6th 07, 02:55 PM
On 6 Apr, 13:30, Joe Canuck > wrote:
> Hey folks...
>
> The best way we can deal with the trolls in here is to simply ignore them.
>
> Now, they do hate being ignored and will escalation their attention
> getting antics.
>
> Remain firm in the face of it and simply not respond to them.
>
> By engaging them you contribute to the signal-to-noise ratio in here
> which is exactly what they want.
>
> In any case, we have far more important issues to be discussing at this
> time.
>
> Just my 2 cents.

An extremely well spent 2 cents worth I say, lol;o)
s;o)

chatnoir
April 6th 07, 05:49 PM
On Apr 6, 7:55 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 6 Apr, 13:30, Joe Canuck > wrote:
>

> > Hey folks...
>
> > The best way we can deal with the trolls in here is to simply ignore them.
>
> > Now, they do hate being ignored and will escalation their attention
> > getting antics.
>
> > Remain firm in the face of it and simply not respond to them.
>
> > By engaging them you contribute to the signal-to-noise ratio in here
> > which is exactly what they want.
>
> > In any case, we have far more important issues to be discussing at this
> > time.
>
> > Just my 2 cents.
>
> An extremely well spent 2 cents worth I say, lol;o)
> s;o)

Well, Joe has a hell of a profile to be talking on such!

Joe Canuck
April 6th 07, 07:21 PM
chatnoir wrote:
> On Apr 6, 7:55 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>> On 6 Apr, 13:30, Joe Canuck > wrote:
>>

>>> Hey folks...
>>> The best way we can deal with the trolls in here is to simply ignore them.
>>> Now, they do hate being ignored and will escalation their attention
>>> getting antics.
>>> Remain firm in the face of it and simply not respond to them.
>>> By engaging them you contribute to the signal-to-noise ratio in here
>>> which is exactly what they want.
>>> In any case, we have far more important issues to be discussing at this
>>> time.
>>> Just my 2 cents.
>> An extremely well spent 2 cents worth I say, lol;o)
>> s;o)
>
> Well, Joe has a hell of a profile to be talking on such!

I'm a concerned pet owner, like most of the rest of us in here, and a
long time follower of the group.

I'd rather be talking cats and related issues than dwelling on
personalities or other trivial matters... with respect to this group.

I have a female Seal-point mitted Ragdoll that I have just realized
turns 6 on April 7th... tomorrow! Wow, time flies. I remember when I
first saw her... she could stand in the palm of one hand, now she
weights 18 pounds.

Time to consider a birthday event. :)

IBen Getiner
April 7th 07, 12:28 AM
On Apr 6, 8:30?am, Joe Canuck > wrote:
> Hey folks...
>
> The best way we can deal with the trolls in here is to simply ignore them.
>
> Now, they do hate being ignored and will escalation their attention
> getting antics.
>
> Remain firm in the face of it and simply not respond to them.
>
> By engaging them you contribute to the signal-to-noise ratio in here
> which is exactly what they want.
>
> In any case, we have far more important issues to be discussing at this
> time.
>
> Just my 2 cents.

Good post, Joe..
Here's a couple of good expose's on trolls directly from the horse's
mouth. The poster identified himself as 'Retired', but that was a long
time ago. I wonder where he iz today...?
Very good reads, if I do say so myself.........

Rhonda
April 7th 07, 07:28 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:
> [...]

I'm all for letting each person decide how they deal with trolls. Some
people like to spend their time on the back and forths. Other people
like to knit or read.

Rhonda

April 12th 07, 08:47 PM
On Apr 6, 1:21 pm, Joe Canuck > wrote:
> chatnoir wrote:

> >> An extremely well spent 2 cents worth I say, lol;o)
> >> s;o)
>
> > Well, Joe has a hell of a profile to be talking on such!
>
> I'm a concerned pet owner, like most of the rest of us in here, and a
> long time follower of the group.
>
> I'd rather be talking cats and related issues than dwelling on
> personalities or other trivial matters... with respect to this group.

Reader beware...Joe Canuck is an infamous usenet spammer and also a
very active and vulgar vandal of wikipedia articles. You may find that
some of the trolls he is telling you to ignore are actually instances
of Joe Canuck posting to the group so that he may appear to be a nice
guy saviour. Do not fall for it. Check with the newsgroup ott.general
or with Wikipedia administrators for verification, or do your own
homework and you will easily verify this reality.

Joe, if you want to play nice, you have to play nice everywhere. You
can't behave as a nasty troll and vandal in some places and then
expect to be welcomed as a gentle soul elsewhere. If you wish to turn
over a new leaf that is wonderful, but if you continue with your
behaviours elsewhere, there will be consequences.

Respectfully yours,

MB

cybercat
April 12th 07, 08:47 PM
> wrote
>
> Reader beware...Joe Canuck is an infamous usenet spammer

Hiya, Brandy!

Matthew
April 12th 07, 10:36 PM

It is not the whore Brandy it is some other moron named

"Marc "Herb Tarlek" Bissonnette aka Frank Orme "

cybercat
April 12th 07, 11:22 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> It is not the whore Brandy it is some other moron named
>
> "Marc "Herb Tarlek" Bissonnette aka Frank Orme "

Ahh, I see.

Joe, what have you been up to? :)

Matthew
April 13th 07, 12:41 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>

>> It is not the whore Brandy it is some other moron named
>>
>> "Marc "Herb Tarlek" Bissonnette aka Frank Orme "
>>

> Ahh, I see.
>
> Joe, what have you been up to? :)
Sleeping with Brandy ;-)
< he he he >

Little Joe
April 13th 07, 03:47 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>> >

>> It is not the whore Brandy it is some other moron named
>>
>> "Marc "Herb Tarlek" Bissonnette aka Frank Orme "
>>

> Ahh, I see.
>
> Joe, what have you been up to? :)

Just minding my business on the 'net, what else? :-D

We've got quite the troll over in ott.general who has been stealing
other posters identities. He is trying on purpose to obsfucate the
situation to make it unclear who he really is, but everyone in
ott.general knows who the turd is... Keenan Wellar.

He hijacked my account and has been dropping turds
all over the 'net with it, now blaming it on me. I always post from
Magma, Keenan under my old account is posting from MCI.

Google him, you'd think he'd know better. <sigh>

In any case, Molly's 6th birthday came and went. I sang Happy Birthday
to her, she looked at me like I was nuts... well at least the paws were
not tryna cover her ears!

April 13th 07, 04:47 AM
On Apr 12, 10:47 pm, Little Joe >
wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> > "Matthew" > wrote in message
> >> >

> >> It is not the whore Brandy it is some other moron named
>
> >> "Marc "Herb Tarlek" Bissonnette aka Frank Orme "
>
> > Ahh, I see.
>
> > Joe, what have you been up to? :)
>
> Just minding my business on the 'net, what else? :-D
>
> We've got quite thetrollover in ott.general who has been stealing
> other posters identities.

Mmmm...and how does he do that Joe?

> He is trying on purpose to obsfucate the
> situation to make it unclear who he really is, but everyone in
> ott.general knows who the turd is... Keenan Wellar.

How do they know that Joe?

> He hijacked my account

How did he do that Joe?

> and has been dropping turds
> all over the 'net with it, now blaming it on me. I always post from
> Magma, Keenan under my old account is posting from MCI.

Funny then that the post from your supposedly hijacked account matches
up rather nicely with posts your wrote from that same account several
months ago. How do you explain that Joe?

http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?

Oh wait...could it be that you are trying to re-invent yourself in
certain quarters as a non-troll and the only way to try to escape your
past (without being honest) is to pretend (lamely) that your account
was somehow stolen?

> Google him, you'd think he'd know better. <sigh>

Yes, you will find that he is a real person. He's just not a person
that has anything to do with Joe.

> In any case, Molly's 6th birthday came and went. I sang Happy Birthday
> to her, she looked at me like I was nuts... well at least the paws were
> not tryna cover her ears!

Maybe Molly hijacked your account!!!!

RB

Little Joe
April 13th 07, 05:19 AM
wrote:

> Funny then that the post from your supposedly hijacked account matches
> up rather nicely with posts your wrote from that same account several
> months ago. How do you explain that Joe?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?

Above posts, rather old ones, made from Magma... where I always post from.

Newer posts as below, made from MCI where I don't post from... after
account stolen...

http://tinyurl.com/225fn5

Troll now on ignore mode in this group.

Little Joe
April 13th 07, 05:22 AM
wrote:
> On Apr 12, 10:47 pm, Little Joe >
> wrote:
>> cybercat wrote:

>>> Ahh, I see.
>>> Joe, what have you been up to? :)
>> Just minding my business on the 'net, what else? :-D
>>
>> We've got quite thetrollover in ott.general who has been stealing
>> other posters identities.
>
> Mmmm...and how does he do that Joe?
>
>> He is trying on purpose to obsfucate the
>> situation to make it unclear who he really is, but everyone in
>> ott.general knows who the turd is... Keenan Wellar.
>
> How do they know that Joe?
>
>> He hijacked my account
>
> How did he do that Joe?
>
>> and has been dropping turds
>> all over the 'net with it, now blaming it on me. I always post from
>> Magma, Keenan under my old account is posting from MCI.
>
> Funny then that the post from your supposedly hijacked account matches
> up rather nicely with posts your wrote from that same account several
> months ago. How do you explain that Joe?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
>
> Oh wait...could it be that you are trying to re-invent yourself in
> certain quarters as a non-troll and the only way to try to escape your
> past (without being honest) is to pretend (lamely) that your account
> was somehow stolen?
>
>> Google him, you'd think he'd know better. <sigh>
>
> Yes, you will find that he is a real person. He's just not a person
> that has anything to do with Joe.
>
>> In any case, Molly's 6th birthday came and went. I sang Happy Birthday
>> to her, she looked at me like I was nuts... well at least the paws were
>> not tryna cover her ears!
>
> Maybe Molly hijacked your account!!!!
>
> RB

BTW folks...

Radical Boink aka Keenan Wellar aka aka numerous
nyms.

Come follow the saga over in ott.general. If you like reading soap
operas, read the archives of ott.general.

Matthew
April 13th 07, 05:53 AM
Joe like any of us would even consider paying attention to someone screaming
someone is a troll when they change their display handle twice in the same
post just to bother the group. And also come to a newsgroup and complain
that someone is bothering them in their newsgroup. Far as I am concerned
stay in the group, STFU and deal with it Marc or what ever you want to call
yourself tonight. No one here really gives a flying [email protected] To us you rank
what do you say group a -8 on the troll scale; a pathetic piece of work that
still jerks off in his momma's basement. Does that fit the -8 rating or was
I too kind.

You have nothing to worry about Joe

Radical Boink
April 13th 07, 06:23 AM
On Apr 13, 12:19 am, Little Joe >
> > Funny then that the post from your supposedly hijacked account matches
> > up rather nicely with posts your wrote from that same account several
> > months ago. How do you explain that Joe?
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
>
> Above posts, rather old ones, made from Magma... where I always post from.

LOL.

Well here's a post you just made a few minutes ago as Little Joe:

http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/afa2e7fedabc0c86?

And here's a post from Joe Canuck earlier tonight in which you try to
establish that it has been mysteriously hijacked from you:

http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/07506c02149cd6c7?

LOL whatta loser!!!

RB

Radical Boink
April 13th 07, 06:26 AM
On Apr 13, 12:22 am, Little Joe >
> > On Apr 12, 10:47 pm, Little Joe >
> > wrote:

> >> Just minding my business on the 'net, what else? :-D
>
> >> We've got quite thetrollover in ott.general who has been stealing
> >> other posters identities.
>
> > Mmmm...and how does he do that Joe?
>
> >> He is trying on purpose to obsfucate the
> >> situation to make it unclear who he really is, but everyone in
> >> ott.general knows who the turd is... Keenan Wellar.
>
> > How do they know that Joe?
>
> >> He hijacked my account
>
> > How did he do that Joe?
>
> >> and has been dropping turds
> >> all over the 'net with it, now blaming it on me. I always post from
> >> Magma, Keenan under my old account is posting from MCI.
>
> > Funny then that the post from your supposedly hijacked account matches
> > up rather nicely with posts your wrote from that same account several
> > months ago. How do you explain that Joe?
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
>
> > Oh wait...could it be that you are trying to re-invent yourself in
> > certain quarters as a non-troll and the only way to try to escape your
> > past (without being honest) is to pretend (lamely) that your account
> > was somehow stolen?
>
> >> Google him, you'd think he'd know better. <sigh>
>
> > Yes, you will find that he is a real person. He's just not a person
> > that has anything to do with Joe.
>
> >> In any case, Molly's 6th birthday came and went. I sang Happy Birthday
> >> to her, she looked at me like I was nuts... well at least the paws were
> >> not tryna cover her ears!
>
> > Maybe Molly hijacked your account!!!!
>
> > RB
>
> BTW folks...
>
> Radical Boink aka Keenan Wellar aka aka numerous
> nyms.
>
> Come follow the saga over in ott.general. If you like reading soap
> operas, read the archives of ott.general.

You should definitely check out Joe Canuck/Little Joe in ott,general,
you will quickly realize he is a maladjusted teenager in urgent need
of psychiatric care. You will see that he was recently so humiliated
in the group that he announced he was leaving and stormed off in a big
huff. Now he's back, claiming that his account has been hijacked.
Pathetic.

RB

Radical Boink
April 13th 07, 06:30 AM
On Apr 13, 12:53 am, "Matthew" > wrote:
> Joe like any of us would even consider paying attention to someone screaming
> someone is a troll when they change their display handle twice in the same
> post just to bother the group.

Oh, you should do your own research. Pop over to ott.general and check
out the lovely Little Joe at work, and check out Joe Canuck while you
are there. You are in for a shock.

> And also come to a newsgroup and complain
> that someone is bothering them in their newsgroup. Far as I am concerned
> stay in the group, STFU and deal with it Marc or what ever you want to call
> yourself tonight. No one here really gives a flying [email protected] To us you rank
> what do you say group a -8 on the troll scale; a pathetic piece of work that
> still jerks off in his momma's basement. Does that fit the -8 rating or was
> I too kind.
>
> You have nothing to worry about Joe

Oh, this is not trolling. I've given you the facts about Joe Canuck/
Little Joe and you can easily see for yourself that his account was
not stolen. He's trying to find a way to distance himself from the Joe
Canuck account now that he has been outed.

RB

Little Joe
April 13th 07, 06:32 AM
Radical Boink wrote:
> On Apr 13, 12:19 am, Little Joe >
> wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> Funny then that the post from your supposedly hijacked account matches
>>> up rather nicely with posts your wrote from that same account several
>>> months ago. How do you explain that Joe?
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
>> Above posts, rather old ones, made from Magma... where I always post from.
>
> LOL.
>
> Well here's a post you just made a few minutes ago as Little Joe:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/afa2e7fedabc0c86?

The above posted from Magma.

> And here's a post from Joe Canuck earlier tonight in which you try to
> establish that it has been mysteriously hijacked from you:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/07506c02149cd6c7?

The above posted from MCI.

> LOL whatta loser!!!
>
> RB

I post only from Magma.

Thanks for making my points. End of discussion.

Little Joe
April 13th 07, 06:34 AM
Radical Boink wrote:
> On Apr 13, 12:22 am, Little Joe >
> wrote:
>> wrote:

>>> Mmmm...and how does he do that Joe?
>>> How do they know that Joe?
>>> How did he do that Joe?
>>> Funny then that the post from your supposedly hijacked account matches
>>> up rather nicely with posts your wrote from that same account several
>>> months ago. How do you explain that Joe?
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/cf080ca27455d70d?
>>> Oh wait...could it be that you are trying to re-invent yourself in
>>> certain quarters as a non-troll and the only way to try to escape your
>>> past (without being honest) is to pretend (lamely) that your account
>>> was somehow stolen?
>>> Yes, you will find that he is a real person. He's just not a person
>>> that has anything to do with Joe.
>>> Maybe Molly hijacked your account!!!!
>>> RB
>> BTW folks...
>>
>> Radical Boink aka Keenan Wellar aka aka numerous
>> nyms.
>>
>> Come follow the saga over in ott.general. If you like reading soap
>> operas, read the archives of ott.general.
>
> You should definitely check out Joe Canuck/Little Joe in ott,general,
> you will quickly realize he is a maladjusted teenager in urgent need
> of psychiatric care. You will see that he was recently so humiliated
> in the group that he announced he was leaving and stormed off in a big
> huff. Now he's back, claiming that his account has been hijacked.
> Pathetic.
>
> RB

Most folks would come back and have a word or two to say upon discovered
their accounts hijacked. My bad for not having a more secure password.

Keenan Wellar, do you have a cat? Because that is what we talk about in
here.

If not, then shoo please.

Thank you.

April 13th 07, 07:41 AM
On Apr 13, 1:32 am, Little Joe >
wrote:
> Radical Boink wrote:
> > On Apr 13, 12:19 am, Little Joe >
> > wrote:
> >> Above posts, rather old ones, made from Magma... where I always post from.
>
> > LOL.
>
> > Well here's a post you just made a few minutes ago as Little Joe:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/afa2e7fedabc0c86?
>
> The above posted from Magma.
>

> > And here's a post from Joe Canuck earlier tonight in which you try to
> > establish that it has been mysteriously hijacked from you:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/07506c02149cd6c7?
>
> The above posted from MCI.
>

> > LOL whatta loser!!!
>
> > RB
>
> I post only from Magma.
>
> Thanks for making my points.

Um, the IP gives you away. Your MCI/Magma dodge is irrelevant.

RB

April 13th 07, 07:45 AM
On Apr 13, 1:34 am, Little Joe >
wrote:
> Radical Boink wrote:
> > On Apr 13, 12:22 am, Little Joe >
> > wrote:

> >> BTW folks...
>
> >> Radical Boink aka Keenan Wellar aka aka numerous
> >> nyms.
>
> >> Come follow the saga over in ott.general. If you like reading soap
> >> operas, read the archives of ott.general.
>
> > You should definitely check out Joe Canuck/Little Joe in ott,general,
> > you will quickly realize he is a maladjusted teenager in urgent need
> > of psychiatric care. You will see that he was recently so humiliated
> > in the group that he announced he was leaving and stormed off in a big
> > huff. Now he's back, claiming that his account has been hijacked.
> > Pathetic.
>
> > RB
>
> Most folks would come back and have a word or two to say upon discovered
> their accounts hijacked. My bad for not having a more secure password.

Oh, now I cracked your password! Wow. And then I managed to post from
the same IP that you were using before I took your account. Double
wow, am I ever a mastermind!!!

It's hard to believe google would not give you back your account,
since you could obviously prove to them that it had been stolen from
you. Right? Right! So quit whining. Tell google your account was
hacked, and you can stop whining. Good? Good! Tell us how it goes.

RB

Little Joe
April 13th 07, 07:50 AM
wrote:
> On Apr 13, 1:32 am, Little Joe >
> wrote:
>> Radical Boink wrote:
>>> LOL.
>>> Well here's a post you just made a few minutes ago as Little Joe:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/afa2e7fedabc0c86?
>> The above posted from Magma.
>>

>>> And here's a post from Joe Canuck earlier tonight in which you try to
>>> establish that it has been mysteriously hijacked from you:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/ott.general/msg/07506c02149cd6c7?
>> The above posted from MCI.
>>

>>> LOL whatta loser!!!
>>> RB
>> I post only from Magma.
>>
>> Thanks for making my points.
>
> Um, the IP gives you away. Your MCI/Magma dodge is irrelevant.
>
> RB

Go ahead, explain that one... LOL.

Little Joe
April 13th 07, 07:54 AM
wrote:
> On Apr 13, 1:34 am, Little Joe >
> wrote:
>> Radical Boink wrote:

>>> You should definitely check out Joe Canuck/Little Joe in ott,general,
>>> you will quickly realize he is a maladjusted teenager in urgent need
>>> of psychiatric care. You will see that he was recently so humiliated
>>> in the group that he announced he was leaving and stormed off in a big
>>> huff. Now he's back, claiming that his account has been hijacked.
>>> Pathetic.
>>> RB
>> Most folks would come back and have a word or two to say upon discovered
>> their accounts hijacked. My bad for not having a more secure password.
>
> Oh, now I cracked your password! Wow. And then I managed to post from
> the same IP that you were using before I took your account. Double
> wow, am I ever a mastermind!!!

Check again dipstick, the IP's are different.

> It's hard to believe google would not give you back your account,
> since you could obviously prove to them that it had been stolen from
> you. Right? Right! So quit whining. Tell google your account was
> hacked, and you can stop whining. Good? Good! Tell us how it goes.
>
> RB

I'm not the one whining in here. You keep tryna convince me of something
in a that childish "dad... can i can i pllueze!!! can i can i"

Now shut the **** up or STFU...

Flaming Poultice
April 13th 07, 06:35 PM
In ,
Little Joe > spittled and
blathered:

>>> It is not the whore Brandy it is some other moron named
>>> "Marc "Herb Tarlek" Bissonnette aka Frank Orme "
>
>> Ahh, I see.
>> Joe, what have you been up to? :)
>
> Just minding my business on the 'net, what else? :-D
> We've got quite the troll over in ott.general who has
> been stealing other posters identities. He is trying on
> purpose to obsfucate the situation to make it unclear who
> he really is, but everyone in ott.general knows who the
> turd is... Keenan Wellar.

A picture, they say, is worth a thousand words:

http://tinyurl.com/2rpvxj

__
_____ ____ __ _____ ______|__|____ ____
|__| http://www.geocities.com/fl4mingpoultice

Matthew
April 13th 07, 07:02 PM
"Radical Boink" >

No one cares about the other group [email protected]
Welcome to the wonderful world of no one gives a [email protected] and a very useful tool
the kill file