PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

sheelagh
April 6th 07, 02:58 PM
it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..

( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
herd of kittens..;o)

The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
this time last year.

PURRFECT>"o"<

Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.

what more could I ask for?

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFTUSNOW

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
S;o)

Matthew
April 6th 07, 04:45 PM
Right back at you

I don't have to cook a feast this year just me and my mom a few friends and
the furballs

"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
> 2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
> play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..
>
> ( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
> herd of kittens..;o)
>
> The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
> back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
> concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
> emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
> my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
> this time last year.
>
> PURRFECT>"o"<
>
> Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.
>
> what more could I ask for?
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFTUSNOW
>
> HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
> S;o)

Lis
April 6th 07, 05:36 PM
On Apr 6, 9:58 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
> 2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
> play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..
>
> ( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
> herd of kittens..;o)
>
> The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
> back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
> concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
> emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
> my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
> this time last year.
>
> PURRFECT>"o"<
>
> Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.
>
> what more could I ask for?
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFT...
>
> HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
> S;o)

They're beautiful kitties! Happy Easter!

Lis

bookie
April 6th 07, 05:53 PM
On 6 Apr, 14:58, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
> 2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
> play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..
>
> ( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
> herd of kittens..;o)
>
> The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
> back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
> concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
> emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
> my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
> this time last year.
>
> PURRFECT>"o"<
>
> Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.
>
> what more could I ask for?
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFT...
>
> HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
> S;o)

happy easter to you to, to ringo and lilly who have been through such
a lot recently and to all the other kitties in your care. it has been
a lovely day here too but terri the tortie is still hiding inthe
airing cupboard, where it is really warm and snug. She is not keen on
going out much still, probably still worried that if she goes out she
may be made to live outside permanently like before, but she is coming
round .

poppy is lovely, i love the surprised look on her face and those big
blue eyes! what a sweetie, i bet they have their new mum and dad under
their spell

bookie

sheelagh
April 6th 07, 07:35 PM
On 6 Apr, 17:36, "Lis" > wrote:
> On Apr 6, 9:58 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>

> > it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
> > 2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
> > play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..
>
> > ( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
> > herd of kittens..;o)
>
> > The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
> > back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
> > concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
> > emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
> > my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
> > this time last year.
>
> > PURRFECT>"o"<
>
> > Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.
>
> > what more could I ask for?
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFT...
>
> > HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
> > S;o)
>
> They're beautiful kitties! Happy Easter!
>
> Lis- Hide quoted text -

Happy Easter to you too Lis.
I think we all forget the true meaning of Easter these days ( well,
in the UK I mean...)
Mind you it is the same with Christmas too when you think about it. It
is all far too commercial in recent years...

However, there is a lot to be said about being given the chance to
share a day with your loved ones, even if it just you and the puss
cats..
It has been a really nice day spent stroking lots of kitten's, cat's
and helping the kids eat their Easter egg's of course, in a quality
control measure, you understand, lol;o)
S;o)
PS; How do you spell hypocrite BTW?

Matthew
April 6th 07, 07:56 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On 6 Apr, 17:36, "Lis" > wrote:
>> On Apr 6, 9:58 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>>

>> > it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
>> > 2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
>> > play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..
>>
>> > ( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
>> > herd of kittens..;o)
>>
>> > The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
>> > back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
>> > concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
>> > emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
>> > my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
>> > this time last year.
>>
>> > PURRFECT>"o"<
>>
>> > Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.
>>
>> > what more could I ask for?
>>
>> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFT...
>>
>> > HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
>> > S;o)
>>
>> They're beautiful kitties! Happy Easter!
>>
>> Lis- Hide quoted text -

> Happy Easter to you too Lis.
> I think we all forget the true meaning of Easter these days ( well,
> in the UK I mean...)
> Mind you it is the same with Christmas too when you think about it. It
> is all far too commercial in recent years...
>
> However, there is a lot to be said about being given the chance to
> share a day with your loved ones, even if it just you and the puss
> cats..
> It has been a really nice day spent stroking lots of kitten's, cat's
> and helping the kids eat their Easter egg's of course, in a quality
> control measure, you understand, lol;o)
> S;o)
> PS; How do you spell hypocrite BTW?

Oh no commercializied Christians admit that there religion actually has
pagnism in it even though it originated from it. All of them admit that
they are actually heathens. Come on Sheelagh hypocrite come one not us.
I know you got a laugh and a smile out of that. As mankind gets older too
many things are forgotten on purpose.

Do you remember why we hunt for easter eggs?

If any of you forgot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_eggs_%28decorative%29

sheelagh
April 6th 07, 08:04 PM
On 6 Apr, 17:53, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 6 Apr, 14:58, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>

> > it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
> > 2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
> > play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..
>
> > ( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
> > herd of kittens..;o)
>
> > The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
> > back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
> > concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
> > emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
> > my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
> > this time last year.
>
> > PURRFECT>"o"<
>
> > Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.
>
> > what more could I ask for?
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFT...
>
> > HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
> > S;o)
>
> happy easter to you to, to ringo and lilly who have been through such
> a lot recently and to all the other kitties in your care. it has been
> a lovely day here too but terri the tortie is still hiding inthe
> airing cupboard, where it is really warm and snug. She is not keen on
> going out much still, probably still worried that if she goes out she
> may be made to live outside permanently like before, but she is coming

> round .

Gosh, is still under there most of the time..?
I feel for her. I am ever so glad that you allowed her to stay too. I
cat doesn't take too much imagination to guess how dreadful life must
have been living with the Stigg's ( of the dump), does it... Poor
Terri, please give her a chin tickle from us all here please?
I had a cat that had a similar disposition &the same type of favorite
haunts too. she used to sit at the bottom of the airing cupboard..& if
she couldn't get in there, she used to make a b line straight for
underneath the bed, on top of the hot water pipes just under the floor
boards. In the end, we found out it was because her previous owner
( who was in Spain by the time we located him..:o( used to kick her
out in snow and all manner of bad weather. How cruel can they get..?!!
*#
Her name was Angel & she was the cat I was telling you about, that
used to stop half way through giving birth, for a quick bite to eat, a
drink & then paid a visit outside to spend a penny, before returning
to have the rest of the litter...!! After her second litter of 6
kittens, I learnt my lesson & had her spayed...

> poppy is lovely, i love the surprised look on her face and those big
> blue eyes! what a sweetie, i bet they have their new mum and dad under
> their spell
The photos was a wonderful bonus today. Yes, I believe they are doing
very well indeed. they are just starting to call, so their new mummy
is going to take them in to be done next pay day. She was telling me
that Poppy( who we had to hand rear because her siblings used to kick
her to the back of the Que when it came to feeding time @ the Zoo)..
She was Tiny, literally minute... So it is wonderful to see her
looking vibrant & chunky..She was a Poppy too, & her sister was Rosy,
the biggest kitten in the litter.
They went to a family with 5 boys & 1 girl(Bridie if I remember
rightly)...The cat's new Daddy is a policeman & their adoptive mummy
was telling me that they are only just winding up the case on that
spate of murders that happened some while back to all of the
prostitutes if you remember it?

Both Cats are wonderful alarm clocks & bed warmers too, of course....
Only one bit of news to share with you, which is, Paddy has new
parents willing to adopt him. Wizard's family will be having him when
he gets to 12 weeks old & has had his innoculations done.

I am ever so pleased about it too. They have made friends with
Tahnee's mummy, & will be visiting him independently of me from now on
with their children if they wish to because they already knew each
other, vaguely..

It feels that it has been good news all round today;o)

S;o)
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

sheelagh
April 6th 07, 10:36 PM
On 6 Apr, 19:56, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> >> They're beautiful kitties! Happy Easter!
>
> >> Lis- Hide quoted text -

> > Happy Easter to you too Lis.
> > I think we all forget the true meaning of Easter these days ( well,
> > in the UK I mean...)
> > Mind you it is the same with Christmas too when you think about it. It
> > is all far too commercial in recent years...
>
> > However, there is a lot to be said about being given the chance to
> > share a day with your loved ones, even if it just you and the puss
> > cats..
> > It has been a really nice day spent stroking lots of kitten's, cat's
> > and helping the kids eat their Easter egg's of course, in a quality
> > control measure, you understand, lol;o)
> > S;o)
> > PS; How do you spell hypocrite BTW?
>
> Oh no commercialized Christians admit that there religion actually has
> paganism in it even though it originated from it. All of them admit that
> they are actually heathens. Come on Sheelagh hypocrite come one not us.
> I know you got a laugh and a smile out of that. As mankind gets older too
> many things are forgotten on purpose.
>
> Do you remember why we hunt for Easter eggs?
>
> If any of you forgothttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_eggs_%28decorative%29- Hide quoted text -

Most definately to the smile & the laugh.
But unfortunately I missed out on all the egg bit as a child because
we lived in the bowels of a country called Sierra Leone in Africa (my
guess is that you will never have heard of it?). In fact we had
problems getting eggs..!!
period ,lol;o)

Now if some one were to offer me a an egg hunt for eggs now, I would
gladly agree to it, especially if it were for a Faberge eggs....<woo
hoo>

Thanks for the link though. I had no idea there was that much to know
about them...
Now this puts it all in a different light, & I continue to nibble away
at the chocolate ones that the kids got in the service of quality
control of course...
<well, kind of, until they notice me;o)>
Thanks for that one Matthew, I quite enjoyed that link & sharing it
with my daughter (Tilly 10yrs old)
S;o)

22brix
April 7th 07, 12:07 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
> 2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
> play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..
>
> ( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
> herd of kittens..;o)
>
> The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
> back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
> concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
> emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
> my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
> this time last year.
>
> PURRFECT>"o"<
>
> Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.
>
> what more could I ask for?
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFTUSNOW
>
> HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
> S;o)

Thanks, Sheelagh! Happy Easter to you, too.

It's a glorious spring day here in wine country as well--beautiful white
puffy clouds, brilliant blue sky and fragrant breezes from the lilacs
blooming.

The kittens are just beautiful--thanks for sharing their photos!

Bonnie

mlbriggs
April 7th 07, 01:11 AM
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:56:19 -0400, Matthew wrote:

> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> ups.com...

>>> They're beautiful kitties! Happy Easter!
>>>
>>> Lis- Hide quoted text -

>> Happy Easter to you too Lis.
>> I think we all forget the true meaning of Easter these days ( well,
>> in the UK I mean...)
>> Mind you it is the same with Christmas too when you think about it. It
>> is all far too commercial in recent years...
>>
>> However, there is a lot to be said about being given the chance to
>> share a day with your loved ones, even if it just you and the puss
>> cats..
>> It has been a really nice day spent stroking lots of kitten's, cat's
>> and helping the kids eat their Easter egg's of course, in a quality
>> control measure, you understand, lol;o)
>> S;o)
>> PS; How do you spell hypocrite BTW?
>
> Oh no commercializied Christians admit that there religion actually has
> pagnism in it even though it originated from it. All of them admit that
> they are actually heathens. Come on Sheelagh hypocrite come one not us.
> I know you got a laugh and a smile out of that. As mankind gets older too
> many things are forgotten on purpose.
>
> Do you remember why we hunt for easter eggs?
>
> If any of you forgot
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_eggs_%28decorative%29

Thanks for the interesting article. IMHO you are a teacher at heart!

Matthew
April 7th 07, 01:36 AM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:56:19 -0400, Matthew wrote:
>

>> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>>> Happy Easter to you too Lis.
>>> I think we all forget the true meaning of Easter these days ( well,
>>> in the UK I mean...)
>>> Mind you it is the same with Christmas too when you think about it. It
>>> is all far too commercial in recent years...
>>>
>>> However, there is a lot to be said about being given the chance to
>>> share a day with your loved ones, even if it just you and the puss
>>> cats..
>>> It has been a really nice day spent stroking lots of kitten's, cat's
>>> and helping the kids eat their Easter egg's of course, in a quality
>>> control measure, you understand, lol;o)
>>> S;o)
>>> PS; How do you spell hypocrite BTW?
>>
>> Oh no commercializied Christians admit that there religion actually has
>> pagnism in it even though it originated from it. All of them admit that
>> they are actually heathens. Come on Sheelagh hypocrite come one not
>> us.
>> I know you got a laugh and a smile out of that. As mankind gets older
>> too
>> many things are forgotten on purpose.
>>
>> Do you remember why we hunt for easter eggs?
>>
>> If any of you forgot
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_eggs_%28decorative%29
>

> Thanks for the interesting article. IMHO you are a teacher at heart!

To be honest that is what my mother wanted me to be. In this day an age I
would be making the news local animal lover puts 12 inch boot up teenager
#$%# parents want the secret of how it is done ;-)

sheelagh
April 7th 07, 04:42 PM
On 7 Apr, 01:36, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "mlbriggs" > wrote in message

> > On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:56:19 -0400, Matthew wrote:
>
> >> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> ups.com...

> >> Oh no commercializied Christians admit that there religion actually has
> >> pagnism in it even though it originated from it. All of them admit that
> >> they are actually heathens. Come on Sheelagh hypocrite come one not
> >> us.
> >> I know you got a laugh and a smile out of that. As mankind gets older
> >> too
> >> many things are forgotten on purpose.
>
> >> Do you remember why we hunt for easter eggs?
>
> >> If any of you forgot
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_eggs_%28decorative%29
>
> > Thanks for the interesting article. IMHO you are a teacher at heart!
>
> To be honest that is what my mother wanted me to be. In this day an age I
> would be making the news local animal lover puts 12 inch boot up teenager
> #$%# parents want the secret of how it is done ;-)- Hide quoted text -

I don't know how the laws are regarding corporal punishment, or even
private parental punishment are in the USA, but in recent years we
have had new laws passed through parliament that ban us from striking
a child over here. Even slapping one could be constude as abuse...
( Ridiculous IMHO..You can't reason with a child until they reach a
level of understanding to know better than to do some of the things
they do. I believe that parents should be able to chastise a child by
a short sharp slap around the butt, but no further....
My reason for this is because like all humans, sometimes we can go too
far & forget ourselves in anger. But no punishment is silly & going
too far..)

In view of this you can understand Bookie''s lack of tolerance when it
comes to dealing with kids, especially snotty nosed brats, as she
refers to them!
I think that these days you really have got to have a vocational
calling to the teaching profession, rather like one would love to
become a priest or even a vet to care for sick animals. The money/
wages are abysmal, the conditions are terrible, & the few children
that do wish to learn are held back by the child trolls that have to
attend.
I think that you would have made an excellent teacher Matthew, but you
missed the calling & simply don't have the patience with today's kids
to do it now.
You are full of information & very informative..But the brats like the
one's that shot Ringo, taint the desire to deal with them.

Am I right?

Of course, there is adult education to consider...?
S;o)
Ps: Thanks from me too for the link

sheelagh
April 7th 07, 04:48 PM
On 7 Apr, 00:07, "22brix" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
> > 2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
> > play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..
>
> > ( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
> > herd of kittens..;o)
>
> > The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
> > back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
> > concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
> > emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
> > my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
> > this time last year.
>
> > PURRFECT>"o"<
>
> > Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.
>
> > what more could I ask for?
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFT...
>
> > HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
> > S;o)
>
> Thanks, Sheelagh! Happy Easter to you, too.
>
> It's a glorious spring day here in wine country as well--beautiful white
> puffy clouds, brilliant blue sky and fragrant breezes from the lilacs
> blooming.
>
> The kittens are just beautiful--thanks for sharing their photos!
>
> Bonnie- Hide quoted text -

You are most welcome.
In fact It should be thanking you for putting up with my photos!
It is nice to share them with someone.

Sometimes when you place kittens with new families, you have to trust
your instinct when placing them. However, when you get photos like
these sent back to you long after they leave you, it is so nice to see
how well they are doing & how much they have changed too.
It gives you a warm feeling inside too..

How is tortle doing now?

S;o)

22brix
April 7th 07, 05:08 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On 7 Apr, 00:07, "22brix" > wrote:
>> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...
>>

>> > it is a glorious day in the UK today & I have spent the most wonderful
>> > 2 hours outside with the moggies and watched them bask in the sun,
>> > play themselves silly in the dry mowed grass..
>>
>> > ( Flicking it into the air, then chasing it down the garden like a
>> > herd of kittens..;o)
>>
>> > The kids thought it was fantastic, & now that I have brought the cats
>> > back indoors & sent the kids out with a packed lunch, So that I could
>> > concentrate on giving Ringo and Lilly a good ear scratching & check my
>> > emails. I just opened the email box & found an Easter gift from one of
>> > my kitten slaves, ...It was a few photos of some kittens they adopted
>> > this time last year.
>>
>> > PURRFECT>"o"<
>>
>> > Meet Rosy & Poppy. They live in Colchester now.
>>
>> > what more could I ask for?
>>
>> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/ROSYANDPOPPYWHENTHEYLEFT...
>>
>> > HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
>> > S;o)
>>
>> Thanks, Sheelagh! Happy Easter to you, too.
>>
>> It's a glorious spring day here in wine country as well--beautiful white
>> puffy clouds, brilliant blue sky and fragrant breezes from the lilacs
>> blooming.
>>
>> The kittens are just beautiful--thanks for sharing their photos!
>>
>> Bonnie- Hide quoted text -

> You are most welcome.
> In fact It should be thanking you for putting up with my photos!
> It is nice to share them with someone.

I'm jealous! I would LOVE to have another kitten and yours are so adorable.
It's also a nice distraction for me after all the stress of the past week or
month or so.

> Sometimes when you place kittens with new families, you have to trust
> your instinct when placing them. However, when you get photos like
> these sent back to you long after they leave you, it is so nice to see
> how well they are doing & how much they have changed too.
> It gives you a warm feeling inside too..
>
> How is tortle doing now?
>
> S;o)

Thanks for asking! She's doing better today. She's fighting her medicines
more, acting more feisty and more playful. She sleeps with me at night and
was purring and playing with my fingers and giving me love bites last night.
I'm hand feeding her because she doesn't like the wet food the vet would
like her to eat and consequently end up being covered by little smudges of
wet food she manages to eject from her mouth. I still am worried about her
but at least she's home and doesn't seem as depressed. I boiled up some
chicken broth the other night and have been very carefully and slowly
syringing some of that into the corner of her mouth to help rehydrate her.
We gave her the second batch of sub-Q fluids last night and she was quite
vigorous in her protests. She's harder to manage but I like to see her
spirit coming through again. I'm sure you know what that's like after the
pet nursing you've had to do lately!

Take care,

Bonnie

Matthew
April 7th 07, 05:23 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 7 Apr, 01:36, "Matthew" > wrote:

>> ups.com...

>> > Thanks for the interesting article. IMHO you are a teacher at heart!
>>
>> To be honest that is what my mother wanted me to be. In this day an age
>> would be making the news local animal lover puts 12 inch boot up teenager
>> #$%# parents want the secret of how it is done ;-)- Hide quoted text -

> I don't know how the laws are regarding corporal punishment, or even
> private parental punishment are in the USA, but in recent years we
> have had new laws passed through parliament that ban us from striking
> a child over here. Even slapping one could be constude as abuse...
> ( Ridiculous IMHO..You can't reason with a child until they reach a
> level of understanding to know better than to do some of the things
> they do. I believe that parents should be able to chastise a child by
> a short sharp slap around the butt, but no further....
> My reason for this is because like all humans, sometimes we can go too
> far & forget ourselves in anger. But no punishment is silly & going
> too far..)
>
> In view of this you can understand Bookie''s lack of tolerance when it
> comes to dealing with kids, especially snotty nosed brats, as she
> refers to them!
> I think that these days you really have got to have a vocational
> calling to the teaching profession, rather like one would love to
> become a priest or even a vet to care for sick animals. The money/
> wages are abysmal, the conditions are terrible, & the few children
> that do wish to learn are held back by the child trolls that have to
> attend.
> I think that you would have made an excellent teacher Matthew, but you
> missed the calling & simply don't have the patience with today's kids
> to do it now.
> You are full of information & very informative..But the brats like the
> one's that shot Ringo, taint the desire to deal with them.
>
> Am I right?

Some of the adults are just as bad. I only have two feet need one to stand
on at least ;-)

I look at the kids than at the parents most you can tell hae parents that
could give a [email protected] less. That is why brreding should be by permit only.

> Of course, there is adult education to consider...?
> S;o)
> Ps: Thanks from me too for the link

sheelagh
April 7th 07, 06:04 PM
On 7 Apr, 17:23, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> ups.com...

> >> To be honest that is what my mother wanted me to be. In this day an age
> >> would be making the news local animal lover puts 12 inch boot up teenager
> >> #$%# parents want the secret of how it is done ;-)- Hide quoted text -

> > I don't know how the laws are regarding corporal punishment, or even
> > private parental punishment are in the USA, but in recent years we
> > have had new laws passed through parliament that ban us from striking
> > a child over here. Even slapping one could be construed as abuse...
> > ( Ridiculous IMHO..You can't reason with a child until they reach a
> > level of understanding to know better than to do some of the things
> > they do. I believe that parents should be able to chastise a child by
> > a short sharp slap around the butt, but no further....
> > My reason for this is because like all humans, sometimes we can go too
> > far & forget ourselves in anger. But no punishment is silly & going
> > too far..)
>
> > In view of this you can understand Bookie''s lack of tolerance when it
> > comes to dealing with kids, especially snotty nosed brats, as she
> > refers to them!
> > I think that these days you really have got to have a vocational
> > calling to the teaching profession, rather like one would love to
> > become a priest or even a vet to care for sick animals. The money/
> > wages are abysmal, the conditions are terrible, & the few children
> > that do wish to learn are held back by the child trolls that have to
> > attend.
> > I think that you would have made an excellent teacher Matthew, but you
> > missed the calling & simply don't have the patience with today's kids
> > to do it now.
> > You are full of information & very informative..But the brats like the
> > one's that shot Ringo, taint the desire to deal with them.
>
> > Am I right?
>
> Some of the adults are just as bad. I only have two feet need one to stand
> on at least ;-)
>
> I look at the kids than at the parents most you can tell hae parents that
> could give a [email protected] less. That is why brreding should be by permit only.
>

> > Of course, there is adult education to consider...?
> > S;o)
> > Ps: Thanks from me too for the link- Hide quoted text -

OOP's I think I hit a hot spot there, lol.
Looks like I had better run out and get a permit quickly, because I
have 5 of them.

10 years ago I wished they would grow up a bit faster, but these days
I wish I could go back 10 years and put into practise all that I have
learnt in those 10 years...
The only thing that I really regret, is that I didn't go to school
myself in those years, to help them academically. But then again, my
eldest girl Kt, has just started her final exams @ University & has a
place to go on to do her Master of Arts straight after. She is
sensible, well rounded and reasonable..so I did get something
right....

The others seem to be doing well and are fairly happy too(Touch wood),
none of them have ever caused me any trouble, but I was/am a very firm
parent, but also open minded one as their father is too.
I count my blessings & share your opinion regarding some parents & the
need to keep @ least one foot on the ground...
Fancy not being able to chastise your own child...?!!
Very strange, but necessary when you look at a few parents who don't
know better.
I can chastise my cat... but not my child...?
Very odd!!
S;o)

sheelagh
April 7th 07, 06:39 PM
On 7 Apr, 17:08, "22brix" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On 7 Apr, 00:07, "22brix" > wrote:
> >> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> Thanks, Sheelagh! Happy Easter to you, too.
>
> >> It's a glorious spring day here in wine country as well--beautiful white
> >> puffy clouds, brilliant blue sky and fragrant breezes from the lilacs
> >> blooming.
>
> >> The kittens are just beautiful--thanks for sharing their photos!
>
> >> Bonnie- Hide quoted text -

> > You are most welcome.
> > In fact It should be thanking you for putting up with my photos!
> > It is nice to share them with someone.
>
> I'm jealous! I would LOVE to have another kitten and yours are so adorable.
> It's also a nice distraction for me after all the stress of the past week or
> month or so.
>

> > Sometimes when you place kittens with new families, you have to trust
> > your instinct when placing them. However, when you get photos like
> > these sent back to you long after they leave you, it is so nice to see
> > how well they are doing & how much they have changed too.
> > It gives you a warm feeling inside too..
>
> > How is tortle doing now?
>
> > S;o)
>
> Thanks for asking! She's doing better today. She's fighting her medicines
> more, acting more feisty and more playful. She sleeps with me at night and
> was purring and playing with my fingers and giving me love bites last night.
> I'm hand feeding her because she doesn't like the wet food the vet would
> like her to eat and consequently end up being covered by little smudges of
> wet food she manages to eject from her mouth. I still am worried about her
> but at least she's home and doesn't seem as depressed. I boiled up some
> chicken broth the other night and have been very carefully and slowly
> syringing some of that into the corner of her mouth to help rehydrate her.
> We gave her the second batch of sub-Q fluids last night and she was quite
> vigorous in her protests. She's harder to manage but I like to see her
> spirit coming through again. I'm sure you know what that's like after the
> pet nursing you've had to do lately!
>
> Take care,
>
> Bonnie- Hide quoted text -

I am so pleased to hear that she is @ home, where she should be with
all of her feline and human slave around her. I am certain that some
of the problems that cats have are induced by simply being in
unfamiliar surroundings. That is not to say that animal hospitals are
not good, merely that a cat likes to know her patch...

I followed your post & the idea of of broth to help feed and nourish
her as well as keeping her hydrated. A brilliant idea it was too!..

Because I don't know very much about the subject, I was reluctant to
post my thoughts, but to hell with it. The worst that can happen is
that I will make myself look silly...

When any of my Queens looked like they needed a bit of a boost, I use
Cimmi cat powdered dry milk, for lactating Queens & Kittens. Most
cats seem to have an affinity for this milk & it is designed for cats
well being and consumption. However, I don't know if it would be
appropriate in Tortle's case, so you may have to ask.

The reason that I thought of this, is because when syringe feeding was
mentioned, I thought of our girls. Whenever I mix formula for the
kittens, all of the queens would line up for their share of the milk
after the kittens had drunk their fill. It is wet, nourishing & she
might not protest about it, & may even enjoy it..Mine enjoyed
receiving it through a syringe & cock their heads to one side to make
sure none of it spilled out either.
I might be telling you the wrong thing though, so please do check?
It is just a thought....
It must be wonderful to have her home again?
I know from my own recent experiences that it can be a drain on the
soul when your cat is parted from the family. I found it such a relief
when both Tiggy & Ringo got home. It took hours of driving to go and
see them, but @ the same token, there was no question of not going to
see how they were doing. I know I could quite easily have just called
for a very reliable update on both of them whilst they were @ surgery,
but it is not the same as burying your nose in their fur & having nose
nuzzles with them, is it?

It's nice to hear that she is giving you nose nips, lol;o)
Lilly, our seal Birman does that too..
you have our whole hearted best wishes & soothing purrs for Tortle &
the rest of your feline family, for continued well being & playtime in
your sleeping hours, lol;o)
May she keep up the vigorous protests for many years to come whilst
you chase her with the Subs >"o"<
S;o)