PDA

View Full Version : Living Foods Festival- Sedona, AZ, Oct. 12-14, 2007

gypsieme
April 7th 07, 03:57 AM
Living Foods Festival with raw celebrities Located amidst tall trees
and quiet ponds on verdant viewy lawns beneath Sedona Arizona's famous
Red Rocks, The Raw Festival celebrates raw vegan foods, music,
spirituality and the Earth. The Third Annual Raw Festival is making
history as the first to attract so many well-loved raw vegan
celebrities such as Woody Harrelson and Alicia Silverstone, acclaimed
performers such as William Eaton, Shimshai, and Tina Malia,
distinguished doctors such as Dr. Fuhrman, Dr. Lodi and Dr. Sheridan,
famous reverends such as the Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith (of 'The
Secret') movie, and even the vegan Congressman, Dennis Kucinich, who
is establishing a Department of Peace. In a serene ambience, come
discover ancient wisdom and the latest findings from the greatest
minds in the living food, fitness and consciousness worlds. Bonus:
Enjoy hundreds of Educational Vendor Booths, Outdoor and Indoor
Stages, Ongoing Play & Workshops, Food Demos, Dancing, Leadership
Sharing Circle, Celestial Yoga, Meditation, Sacred Exercise and
fabulous friends! Admission includes 7 organic gourmet raw vegan
meals. Oct. 12-14, 2007 Entire Weekend $300 All inclusive Early-Bird
Price. Contact Teri at to register, for info.
about sponsorship, or general info. For a $10 additional discount,
please mention the discount link

cindys
April 8th 07, 04:40 AM
The first time someone told me about this "living foods" thing, I thought it
was a joke. For anyone who doesn't know, the "living foods" philosophy is
more extreme than veganism. It promotes avoiding fruits and vegetables which
can be consumed only by killing the plant itself. For example, eating an
apple, which is picked off the tree and leaves the tree itself intact is
okay, but eating a potato, which involves uprooting (and thereby killing)
the plant to get the potato is a no-no. You're entitled to endorse this
crazy nonsense if you wish, but from where I stand, this "living foods"
thing has got to be one of the most ridiculous philosophies I have ever
heard, and I'm also not sure how it's on topic for a cat health and behavior
newsgroup.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"gypsieme" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Living Foods Festival with raw celebrities Located amidst tall trees
> and quiet ponds on verdant viewy lawns beneath Sedona Arizona's famous
> Red Rocks, The Raw Festival celebrates raw vegan foods, music,
> spirituality and the Earth. The Third Annual Raw Festival is making
> history as the first to attract so many well-loved raw vegan
> celebrities such as Woody Harrelson and Alicia Silverstone, acclaimed
> performers such as William Eaton, Shimshai, and Tina Malia,
> distinguished doctors such as Dr. Fuhrman, Dr. Lodi and Dr. Sheridan,
> famous reverends such as the Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith (of 'The
> Secret') movie, and even the vegan Congressman, Dennis Kucinich, who
> is establishing a Department of Peace. In a serene ambience, come
> discover ancient wisdom and the latest findings from the greatest
> minds in the living food, fitness and consciousness worlds. Bonus:
> Enjoy hundreds of Educational Vendor Booths, Outdoor and Indoor
> Stages, Ongoing Play & Workshops, Food Demos, Dancing, Leadership
> Sharing Circle, Celestial Yoga, Meditation, Sacred Exercise and
> fabulous friends! Admission includes 7 organic gourmet raw vegan
> meals. Oct. 12-14, 2007 Entire Weekend $300 All inclusive Early-Bird
> Price. Contact Teri at to register, for info.
> about sponsorship, or general info. For a $10 additional discount,
> please mention the discount link

sheelagh
April 8th 07, 12:54 PM
On 8 Apr, 04:40, "cindys" > wrote:
> The first time someone told me about this "living foods" thing, I thought it
> was a joke. For anyone who doesn't know, the "living foods" philosophy is
> more extreme than veganism. It promotes avoiding fruits and vegetables which
> can be consumed only by killing the plant itself. For example, eating an
> apple, which is picked off the tree and leaves the tree itself intact is
> okay, but eating a potato, which involves uprooting (and thereby killing)
> the plant to get the potato is a no-no. You're entitled to endorse this
> crazy nonsense if you wish, but from where I stand, this "living foods"
> thing has got to be one of the most ridiculous philosophies I have ever
> heard, and I'm also not sure how it's on topic for a cat health and behavior
> newsgroup.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
>
> "gypsieme" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > Living Foods Festival with raw celebrities Located amidst tall trees
> > and quiet ponds on verdant viewy lawns beneath Sedona Arizona's famous
> > Red Rocks, The Raw Festival celebrates raw vegan foods, music,
> > spirituality and the Earth. The Third Annual Raw Festival is making
> > history as the first to attract so many well-loved raw vegan
> > celebrities such as Woody Harrelson and Alicia Silverstone, acclaimed
> > performers such as William Eaton, Shimshai, and Tina Malia,
> > distinguished doctors such as Dr. Fuhrman, Dr. Lodi and Dr. Sheridan,
> > famous reverends such as the Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith (of 'The
> > Secret') movie, and even the vegan Congressman, Dennis Kucinich, who
> > is establishing a Department of Peace. In a serene ambience, come
> > discover ancient wisdom and the latest findings from the greatest
> > minds in the living food, fitness and consciousness worlds. Bonus:
> > Enjoy hundreds of Educational Vendor Booths, Outdoor and Indoor
> > Stages, Ongoing Play & Workshops, Food Demos, Dancing, Leadership
> > Sharing Circle, Celestial Yoga, Meditation, Sacred Exercise and
> > fabulous friends! Admission includes 7 organic gourmet raw vegan
> > meals. Oct. 12-14, 2007 Entire Weekend $300 All inclusive Early-Bird
> > Price. Contact Teri at to register, for info.
> > about sponsorship, or general info. For a $10 additional discount,
> > please mention the discount link- Hide quoted text -

> For anyone who doesn't know, the "living foods" philosophy is
> more extreme than veganism. It promotes avoiding fruits and vegetables which
> can be consumed only by killing the plant itself. For example, eating an
> apple, which is picked off the tree and leaves the tree itself intact is
> okay, but eating a potato, which involves uprooting (and thereby killing)
> the plant to get the potato is a no-no

Thanks for the information Cindy..
I can't believe that anyone would go that far to avoid eating
something that is necessary for a good rounded diet..!

I have no idea what it has to do with cats either, however, I am
grateful that someone explained what it all meant, because I couldn't
make head nor tail of what it all meant (please excuse the non
intended pun)
S;o)

cindys
April 8th 07, 02:46 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...

>> For anyone who doesn't know, the "living foods" philosophy is
>> more extreme than veganism. It promotes avoiding fruits and vegetables
>> which
>> can be consumed only by killing the plant itself. For example, eating an
>> apple, which is picked off the tree and leaves the tree itself intact is
>> okay, but eating a potato, which involves uprooting (and thereby killing)
>> the plant to get the potato is a no-no
>
> Thanks for the information Cindy..
> I can't believe that anyone would go that far to avoid eating
> something that is necessary for a good rounded diet..!
>
> I have no idea what it has to do with cats either, however, I am
> grateful that someone explained what it all meant, because I couldn't
> make head nor tail of what it all meant (please excuse the non
> intended pun)
> S;o)
----------
Well, the OP only advertised the festival, never explained the philosophy.
The reason I am familiar with the philosophy is because we have some friends
who were vacationing in Arizona (location of the festival) last year, and
they stumbled upon this "living foods" restaurant, and they went into the
restaurant and asked "what is that?" and this is what they were told. When
our friends first told us about it, I thought they were teasing us, trying
to see how gullible we were, but they insisted it was quite true. At any
rate, the spam about the festival was posted to 28 different newsgroups as
of last night (I checked google).
Best regards,
---Cindy S. (who still wants one of Tiggy's kittens :-)

Lynne
April 8th 07, 02:51 PM
on Sun, 08 Apr 2007 13:46:24 GMT, "cindys" >
wrote:

> Well, the OP only advertised the festival, never explained the
> philosophy. The reason I am familiar with the philosophy is because we
> have some friends who were vacationing in Arizona (location of the
> festival) last year, and they stumbled upon this "living foods"
> restaurant, and they went into the restaurant and asked "what is
> that?" and this is what they were told.

I would have laughed my ass off, thinking it was a joke.

> When our friends first told us
> about it, I thought they were teasing us, trying to see how gullible
> we were, but they insisted it was quite true. At any rate, the spam
> about the festival was posted to 28 different newsgroups as of last
> night (I checked google).

I wish these idiots going would figure out that Usenet posters go out of
their way to AVOID patronizing any organization who spams the groups.

--
Lynne