PDA

View Full Version : China probing tainted wheat gluten claim

Patty
April 8th 07, 03:04 PM
This update in the news on Friday:

http://tinyurl.com/yuwcpg

Patty

Gandalf
April 8th 07, 04:43 PM
On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:04:06 -0400, Patty > wrote:

>http://tinyurl.com/yuwcpg

China won't do a damn thing except to go through the motions to try to
appease critics.

Nothing will change.

China has such an enormously long list of similar 'problems' it has no
intention of doing anything about, from human rights abuses, egregious
patent theft and market flooding, to coal mine safety. (Hundreds of
PEOPLE die annually....)

Do you really think China *cares* about killing Western pets?

Not one damn bit. Probably someone knew it was tainted BEFORE it was
sold to Menu Foods.

Just my opinions, of course

IBen Getiner
April 9th 07, 04:46 AM
On Apr 8, 11:43?am, (Gandalf) wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:04:06 -0400, Patty > wrote:
> >http://tinyurl.com/yuwcpg
>
> China won't do a damn thing except to go through the motions to try to
> appease critics.
>
> Nothing will change.
>
> China has such an enormously long list of similar 'problems' it has no
> intention of doing anything about, from human rights abuses, egregious
> patent theft and market flooding, to coal mine safety. (Hundreds of
> PEOPLE die annually....)
>
> Do you really think China *cares* about killing Western pets?
>
> Not one damn bit. Probably someone knew it was tainted BEFORE it was
> sold to Menu Foods.
>
> Just my opinions, of course

LOL....!! And ain't it funny watching the silly little FDA running
around trying to fend off criticism..? LOL...!! They were never
designed to handle this kind of krap. Not coming at the country from
all points, anyway. They were designed to handle just our stuff
circulating around in our own country, if I have my facts straight.
This should be a wake-up call that the FDA is totally obsolete. And
worse than that... nobody's watching the till. This could have just as
easily happened to OUR food. My sister-in-law bought a frozen rabbit
at the grocery store the other day. The outside label indicated it was
processed here in the States. But when she unwrapped it, it had a note
stating that it was raised and slaughtered in ****ing China. Can you
believe this ****...?! A Goddamned rabbit. What else is out there and
on our shelves that comes from those evil, godless slant-eyed
freaks....?
We got lucky this time. I hope somebody learned a lesson. Yeah...
Right..

IBen Getiner

Patty
April 9th 07, 03:19 PM
On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:43:57 GMT, Gandalf wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:04:06 -0400, Patty > wrote:
>
>>http://tinyurl.com/yuwcpg
>
> China won't do a damn thing except to go through the motions to try to
> appease critics.
>
> Nothing will change.
>
> China has such an enormously long list of similar 'problems' it has no
> intention of doing anything about, from human rights abuses, egregious
> patent theft and market flooding, to coal mine safety. (Hundreds of
> PEOPLE die annually....)
>
> Do you really think China *cares* about killing Western pets?
>
> Not one damn bit. Probably someone knew it was tainted BEFORE it was
> sold to Menu Foods.
>
> Just my opinions, of course

First, I posted this because it was in the news. Second, what concerned me
more was not whether China was going to investigate or not (this can be
dubious at best) but that fact that, if you read the article not just the
headline, China is known for their very poor food processing practices.
And, we're buying from them?

Patty

Lynne
April 9th 07, 04:25 PM
on Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:19:56 GMT, Patty > wrote:

> First, I posted this because it was in the news. Second, what
> concerned me more was not whether China was going to investigate or
> not (this can be dubious at best) but that fact that, if you read the
> article not just the headline, China is known for their very poor food
> processing practices.

Yes they are, and, as horrifying as it is to us here, it's apparently No
Big Deal over there. To the government, that is. I'm sure all the
families of all the babies and other people who die when their food chain
is compromised feel it just as deeply as we would here. It's a tragedy
beyond my comprehension, happening on a regular basis.

> And, we're buying from them?

Exactly! This practice was a time bomb waiting to go off.

--
Lynne