PDA

View Full Version : no poison Pet Foods master list?

Doug Bashford
April 10th 07, 05:44 PM
What Pet Foods Have Been Withdrawn from the Market?

I could find *no master list* of all products.
But I found this from the FDA:

==========
http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html

What Pet Foods Have Been Withdrawn from the Market?
[links]

Menu Foods

* Dog Food Recalls
* Cat Food Recalls
* All Menu Foods Pet Food with ChemNutra Wheat Gluten Voluntarily
Recalled (April 5, 2007)
* Menu Foods Initiates Market Withdrawal of All Varieties of
Recalled Wet Pet Food to Ensure Consumer Protection (March 24, 2007)
* All Menu Foods Recall Information

Del Monte Pet Products

* Del Monte Pet Products Modifies Voluntary Recall List (April 6,
2007)
* Del Monte Pet Products Voluntarily Withdraws Specific Product
Codes of Pet Treats and Wet Dog Food Products (March 31, 2007)

Hills Pet Nutrition

* Prescription Diet m/d Feline Dry Food (FDA Press Release, March
30, 2007)
* Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. Select Science Diet Savory Cuts Cat
Food (March 17, 2007)

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company

* Alpo® Brand Prime Cuts In Gravy Canned Dog Food (March 30, 2007)
* Mighty Dog® 5.3 Ounce Pouch Products (March 16, 2007)

Sunshine Mills, Inc.

* Sunshine Mills, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of
Certain Branded and Private Label Branded Dog Biscuits (April 5, 2007)

==============
Example: For Menu Foods
* Cat Food Recalls
....we get these links:

1. Americas Choice, Preferred Pets
2. Authority Last Updated: April 5, 2007
3. Best Choice Last Updated: April 5, 2007
4. Companion Last Updated: April 5, 2007
5. Compliments Last Updated: April 5, 2007
6. Demoulas Market Basket
7. Eukanuba Last Updated: April 5, 2007
8. Fine Feline Cat
9. Food Lion
10. Foodtown
11. Giant Companion Last Updated: April 5, 2007
12. Hannaford
13. Hill Country Fare Last Updated: April 5, 2007
14. Hy-Vee
15. Iams Last Updated: April 5, 2007
16. Laura Lynn
17. Li'l Red
18. Loving Meals
19. Meijer's Main Choice
20. Nutriplan
21. Nutro Max Gourmet Classics Last Updated: April 5, 2007
22. Nutro Natural Choice Last Updated: April 5, 2007
23. Paws
24. Pet Pride Last Updated: April 5, 2007
25. Presidents Choice Last Updated: April 5, 2007
26. Price Chopper
27. Priority US
28. Save-A-Lot Special Blend
29. Schnucks
30. Science Diet Feline Savory Cuts Cans
31. Sophistacat Last Updated: April 5, 2007
32. Special Kitty Canada Last Updated: April 5, 2007
33. Special Kitty US Last Updated: April 5, 2007
34. Springfield Prize
35. Sprout
36. Stop & Shop Companion Last Updated: April 5, 2007
37. Tops Companion Last Updated: April 5, 2007
38. Wegmans Last Updated: April 5, 2007
39. Weis Total Pet
40. Western Family US
41. White Rose
42. Winn Dixie

==========
....and for 15. Iams
....we get:

IAMS CAT

1. Select Bites 3 oz Pouches

· Adult with Beef in Gravy

· Adult with Chicken and Wild Rice in Gravy

· Adult with Chicken in Gravy

· Adult with Turkey in Gravy

· Adult with Salmon in Sauce

· Adult with Tuna in Sauce

· Kitten with Chicken in Gravy

· Weight Control with Tuna in Sauce

· Active Maturity with Chicken in Gravy

· Variety Pack with Beef, Chicken & Turkey

· Variety Pack with Salmon and Tuna

· Variety Pack with Chicken and Turkey

2. Cat Slices and Flakes in Cans

· Slices with Turkey in Gravy 3/6 oz

· Slices with Beef in Gravy 3/6 oz

· Slices with Chicken in Gravy 3/6 oz

· Kitten Slices with Turkey in Gravy 3 oz

· Flakes with Tuna & Ocean White Fish in Sauce 3/6 oz

· Flakes with Salmon in Sauce 3/6 oz

· Variety Pack Slices with Chicken and Beef in Gravy 3 oz

· Variety Pack Flakes with Tuna & Ocean White Fish and Salmon
in Sauce 3 oz

===========

wish there was a master list somewhere.

For example, who makes Friskies?

--

When one gains a political certainty akin to
a loyal sports fan, one has achieved the final

"If ye love wealth better than liberty,
the tranquility of servitude better than
the animating contest of freedom,
go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that ye were
our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams, August 1, 1776

blkcatgal
April 11th 07, 04:32 AM
Check out petsitusa.com/blog. There is a list of all "safe" foods...i.e.
those not on the recall list and who manufactures what and where. And this
list is updated regularly.

Sue

om...