PDA

View Full Version : Green Eyed Monster, musings

Lynne
April 12th 07, 12:25 AM
Levi has become a complete velcro kitty. He follows me everywhere. He
is always running beside, in front of, or behind me when I move through
the house. He is super jealous when I give attention to the other beasts
and jumps right in for his fair share of my affection, without fail. He
also insists on touching me most of the time. If I am working, he is
either on my lap or laying on my arm (usually the arm I'm trying to use
for my computer mouse). When I go to the bathroom, he either weaves
through my legs or jumps on my shoulder. When I wash my hands, he's on
or in the sink. When I take a bath or shower, he's right there on the
edge of the tub. When I am in bed, he lays on me without fail, often
nuzzling or licking me. And when my little boy sleeps (on me, of
course), he makes the same sweet little lip smacking, sucking noises that
he did when he suckled.

He also still torments Rudy with frequent insistence that he must play.
Rudy enjoys it most of the time, and his waistline is finally starting to
shrink a bit as a result (yay!). My dog adores Levi, and they alternate
between snuggling and playing chase or bitey face. Most often this is
instigated by Levi.

He's the sweetest, most affectionate and goofiest cat I've ever had--even
more affectionate than Rudy, which I never thought possible. He seems to
be in good health for the most part, despite frequent outbreaks of FHV
again recently. They have been mild and short lived, thank goodness, but
I need to get him back on his wet food and daily L-lysine. He's not been
getting it regularly since the pet food disaster struck.

So anyway, Levi has grown to be a gorgeous cat--at least I think so--with
fur like silk and big, green eyes. A couple of new photos are linked
below. :)

http://tinyurl.com/28ux84

--
Lynne

cindys
April 12th 07, 01:12 AM
Thank you for sharing these pictures of your beautiful family.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Levi has become a complete velcro kitty. He follows me everywhere. He
> is always running beside, in front of, or behind me when I move through
> the house. He is super jealous when I give attention to the other beasts
> and jumps right in for his fair share of my affection, without fail. He
> also insists on touching me most of the time. If I am working, he is
> either on my lap or laying on my arm (usually the arm I'm trying to use
> for my computer mouse). When I go to the bathroom, he either weaves
> through my legs or jumps on my shoulder. When I wash my hands, he's on
> or in the sink. When I take a bath or shower, he's right there on the
> edge of the tub. When I am in bed, he lays on me without fail, often
> nuzzling or licking me. And when my little boy sleeps (on me, of
> course), he makes the same sweet little lip smacking, sucking noises that
> he did when he suckled.
>
> He also still torments Rudy with frequent insistence that he must play.
> Rudy enjoys it most of the time, and his waistline is finally starting to
> shrink a bit as a result (yay!). My dog adores Levi, and they alternate
> between snuggling and playing chase or bitey face. Most often this is
> instigated by Levi.
>
> He's the sweetest, most affectionate and goofiest cat I've ever had--even
> more affectionate than Rudy, which I never thought possible. He seems to
> be in good health for the most part, despite frequent outbreaks of FHV
> again recently. They have been mild and short lived, thank goodness, but
> I need to get him back on his wet food and daily L-lysine. He's not been
> getting it regularly since the pet food disaster struck.
>
> So anyway, Levi has grown to be a gorgeous cat--at least I think so--with
> fur like silk and big, green eyes. A couple of new photos are linked
> below. :)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/28ux84
>
> --
> Lynne

cybercat
April 12th 07, 01:13 AM
"Lynne" > wrote

> So anyway, Levi has grown to be a gorgeous cat--at least I think so--with
> fur like silk and big, green eyes. A couple of new photos are linked
> below. :)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/28ux84

What a handsome guy! I always love hearing about the things he does, too.
He sounds like my Gracie, the way he wants to be on or near you and
follows you. I call her my puppycat. :)

Cheryl
April 12th 07, 01:17 AM
On Wed 11 Apr 2007 07:25:10p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
m>:

> He's the sweetest, most affectionate and goofiest cat I've ever
> had--even more affectionate than Rudy, which I never thought
> possible. He seems to be in good health for the most part,
> despite frequent outbreaks of FHV again recently. They have
> been mild and short lived, thank goodness, but I need to get him
> back on his wet food and daily L-lysine. He's not been getting
> it regularly since the pet food disaster struck.
>
> So anyway, Levi has grown to be a gorgeous cat--at least I think
> so--with fur like silk and big, green eyes. A couple of new
> photos are linked below. :)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/28ux84

He certainly is gorgeous! Thanks for the pics. :)

Shamrock is the same type of cat; very affectionate, though very
moody, and he get jealous at any attention I give any of my other
three cats, especially attention given to Bonnie.

As for the L-lysine and wet food, I've never had any luck putting
it in food, so I've been giving it to Scarlett this past week in
gelcaps. I bought it one time already in 500mg caps, and would only
have to split it in half, but the last time I bought it I could
only find tabs in the store I got it in. So I crush them in a
make-shift mortar and pestle arrangement (ceramic bowl and wooden
handle of a pizza wheel lol) and split it into small empty gelcaps.
Scarlett isn't easy to pill, but I put a little butter on the tip
before putting it in her mouth and it's a little easier.

Thanks for sharing about your growing relationship with Levi.

--
Cheryl

Gail
April 12th 07, 01:23 AM
He is gorgeous!!
Gail
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Levi has become a complete velcro kitty. He follows me everywhere. He
> is always running beside, in front of, or behind me when I move through
> the house. He is super jealous when I give attention to the other beasts
> and jumps right in for his fair share of my affection, without fail. He
> also insists on touching me most of the time. If I am working, he is
> either on my lap or laying on my arm (usually the arm I'm trying to use
> for my computer mouse). When I go to the bathroom, he either weaves
> through my legs or jumps on my shoulder. When I wash my hands, he's on
> or in the sink. When I take a bath or shower, he's right there on the
> edge of the tub. When I am in bed, he lays on me without fail, often
> nuzzling or licking me. And when my little boy sleeps (on me, of
> course), he makes the same sweet little lip smacking, sucking noises that
> he did when he suckled.
>
> He also still torments Rudy with frequent insistence that he must play.
> Rudy enjoys it most of the time, and his waistline is finally starting to
> shrink a bit as a result (yay!). My dog adores Levi, and they alternate
> between snuggling and playing chase or bitey face. Most often this is
> instigated by Levi.
>
> He's the sweetest, most affectionate and goofiest cat I've ever had--even
> more affectionate than Rudy, which I never thought possible. He seems to
> be in good health for the most part, despite frequent outbreaks of FHV
> again recently. They have been mild and short lived, thank goodness, but
> I need to get him back on his wet food and daily L-lysine. He's not been
> getting it regularly since the pet food disaster struck.
>
> So anyway, Levi has grown to be a gorgeous cat--at least I think so--with
> fur like silk and big, green eyes. A couple of new photos are linked
> below. :)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/28ux84
>
> --
> Lynne

Lynne
April 12th 07, 01:31 AM
on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:13:24 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> What a handsome guy! I always love hearing about the things he does, too.
> He sounds like my Gracie, the way he wants to be on or near you and
> follows you. I call her my puppycat. :)

Puppycat! That's PERFECT!!

Can you believe this is the same little guy who I first posted here about
after he swallowed the teat? I was so afraid he wouldn't make it, and now
he's almost all growed up!

--
Lynne

cybercat
April 12th 07, 02:55 AM
"Lynne" > wrote

> Can you believe this is the same little guy who I first posted here about
> after he swallowed the teat? I was so afraid he wouldn't make it, and now
> he's almost all growed up!

That has been a while. :) I'm glad you two have hit it off so well.

sheelagh
April 12th 07, 04:07 PM
On 12 Apr, 00:25, Lynne > wrote:
> Levi has become a complete velcro kitty. He follows me everywhere. He
> is always running beside, in front of, or behind me when I move through
> the house. He is super jealous when I give attention to the other beasts
> and jumps right in for his fair share of my affection, without fail. He
> also insists on touching me most of the time. If I am working, he is
> either on my lap or laying on my arm (usually the arm I'm trying to use
> for my computer mouse). When I go to the bathroom, he either weaves
> through my legs or jumps on my shoulder. When I wash my hands, he's on
> or in the sink. When I take a bath or shower, he's right there on the
> edge of the tub. When I am in bed, he lays on me without fail, often
> nuzzling or licking me. And when my little boy sleeps (on me, of
> course), he makes the same sweet little lip smacking, sucking noises that
> he did when he suckled.
>
> He also still torments Rudy with frequent insistence that he must play.
> Rudy enjoys it most of the time, and his waistline is finally starting to
> shrink a bit as a result (yay!). My dog adores Levi, and they alternate
> between snuggling and playing chase or bitey face. Most often this is
> instigated by Levi.
>
> He's the sweetest, most affectionate and goofiest cat I've ever had--even
> more affectionate than Rudy, which I never thought possible. He seems to
> be in good health for the most part, despite frequent outbreaks of FHV
> again recently. They have been mild and short lived, thank goodness, but
> I need to get him back on his wet food and daily L-lysine. He's not been
> getting it regularly since the pet food disaster struck.
>
> So anyway, Levi has grown to be a gorgeous cat--at least I think so--with
> fur like silk and big, green eyes. A couple of new photos are linked
> below. :)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/28ux84
>
> --
> Lynne

He sounds Purrfect:o)
S;o)

sheelagh
April 12th 07, 05:07 PM
On 12 Apr, 01:23, "Gail" > wrote:
> He is gorgeous!!
> Gail"Lynne" > wrote in message
>
> m...
>

> > Levi has become a complete velcro kitty. He follows me everywhere. He
> > is always running beside, in front of, or behind me when I move through
> > the house. He is super jealous when I give attention to the other beasts
> > and jumps right in for his fair share of my affection, without fail. He
> > also insists on touching me most of the time. If I am working, he is
> > either on my lap or laying on my arm (usually the arm I'm trying to use
> > for my computer mouse). When I go to the bathroom, he either weaves
> > through my legs or jumps on my shoulder. When I wash my hands, he's on
> > or in the sink. When I take a bath or shower, he's right there on the
> > edge of the tub. When I am in bed, he lays on me without fail, often
> > nuzzling or licking me. And when my little boy sleeps (on me, of
> > course), he makes the same sweet little lip smacking, sucking noises that
> > he did when he suckled.
>
> > He also still torments Rudy with frequent insistence that he must play.
> > Rudy enjoys it most of the time, and his waistline is finally starting to
> > shrink a bit as a result (yay!). My dog adores Levi, and they alternate
> > between snuggling and playing chase or bitey face. Most often this is
> > instigated by Levi.
>
> > He's the sweetest, most affectionate and goofiest cat I've ever had--even
> > more affectionate than Rudy, which I never thought possible. He seems to
> > be in good health for the most part, despite frequent outbreaks of FHV
> > again recently. They have been mild and short lived, thank goodness, but
> > I need to get him back on his wet food and daily L-lysine. He's not been
> > getting it regularly since the pet food disaster struck.
>
> > So anyway, Levi has grown to be a gorgeous cat--at least I think so--with
> > fur like silk and big, green eyes. A couple of new photos are linked
> > below. :)
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/28ux84
>
> > --
> > Lynne- Hide quoted text -

He is absolutely Purrrrfect:o)
S;o)

sheelagh
April 12th 07, 05:16 PM
On 12 Apr, 00:25, Lynne > wrote:
> Levi has become a complete velcro kitty. He follows me everywhere. He
> is always running beside, in front of, or behind me when I move through
> the house. He is super jealous when I give attention to the other beasts
> and jumps right in for his fair share of my affection, without fail. He
> also insists on touching me most of the time. If I am working, he is
> either on my lap or laying on my arm (usually the arm I'm trying to use
> for my computer mouse). When I go to the bathroom, he either weaves
> through my legs or jumps on my shoulder. When I wash my hands, he's on
> or in the sink. When I take a bath or shower, he's right there on the
> edge of the tub. When I am in bed, he lays on me without fail, often
> nuzzling or licking me. And when my little boy sleeps (on me, of
> course), he makes the same sweet little lip smacking, sucking noises that
> he did when he suckled.
>
> He also still torments Rudy with frequent insistence that he must play.
> Rudy enjoys it most of the time, and his waistline is finally starting to
> shrink a bit as a result (yay!). My dog adores Levi, and they alternate
> between snuggling and playing chase or bitey face. Most often this is
> instigated by Levi.
>
> He's the sweetest, most affectionate and goofiest cat I've ever had--even
> more affectionate than Rudy, which I never thought possible. He seems to
> be in good health for the most part, despite frequent outbreaks of FHV
> again recently. They have been mild and short lived, thank goodness, but
> I need to get him back on his wet food and daily L-lysine. He's not been
> getting it regularly since the pet food disaster struck.
>
> So anyway, Levi has grown to be a gorgeous cat--at least I think so--with
> fur like silk and big, green eyes. A couple of new photos are linked
> below. :)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/28ux84
>
> --
> Lynne

Having trouble posting today;(

Thanks for the photos,
Levis seems to be the purrfect cat;o)
S;o)

April 12th 07, 05:22 PM
On 12 Apr, 00:25, Lynne > wrote:
> Levi has become a complete velcro kitty. He follows me everywhere. He
> is always running beside, in front of, or behind me when I move through
> the house. He is super jealous when I give attention to the other beasts
> and jumps right in for his fair share of my affection, without fail. He
> also insists on touching me most of the time. If I am working, he is
> either on my lap or laying on my arm (usually the arm I'm trying to use
> for my computer mouse). When I go to the bathroom, he either weaves
> through my legs or jumps on my shoulder. When I wash my hands, he's on
> or in the sink. When I take a bath or shower, he's right there on the
> edge of the tub. When I am in bed, he lays on me without fail, often
> nuzzling or licking me. And when my little boy sleeps (on me, of
> course), he makes the same sweet little lip smacking, sucking noises that
> he did when he suckled.
>
> He also still torments Rudy with frequent insistence that he must play.
> Rudy enjoys it most of the time, and his waistline is finally starting to
> shrink a bit as a result (yay!). My dog adores Levi, and they alternate
> between snuggling and playing chase or bitey face. Most often this is
> instigated by Levi.
>
> He's the sweetest, most affectionate and goofiest cat I've ever had--even
> more affectionate than Rudy, which I never thought possible. He seems to
> be in good health for the most part, despite frequent outbreaks of FHV
> again recently. They have been mild and short lived, thank goodness, but
> I need to get him back on his wet food and daily L-lysine. He's not been
> getting it regularly since the pet food disaster struck.
>
> So anyway, Levi has grown to be a gorgeous cat--at least I think so--with
> fur like silk and big, green eyes. A couple of new photos are linked
> below. :)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/28ux84
>
> --
> Lynne