PDA

View Full Version : Friday is the day

-L.
April 12th 07, 07:24 AM
The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
married. It's like losing a kid.

-L.

Lynne
April 12th 07, 01:04 PM
on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 06:24:03 GMT, "-L." > wrote:

> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.

Peewee is very fortunate that you love him enough to let him go. I'm so
sorry you have to go through this.

--
Lynne

dgk
April 12th 07, 01:20 PM
On 11 Apr 2007 23:24:03 -0700, "-L." > wrote:

>The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
>He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
>some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
>and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
>weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
>but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
>Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
>a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
>married. It's like losing a kid.
>
>-L.

It's clearly the right thing to do. I hate this, but it's the price we
pay for the time that we get to host the furballs. It's nice that your
vet will come to the house, I'd love to spare my fbs that final trip.
Purrs.

cindys
April 12th 07, 01:31 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
-----------
I'm so, so sorry. Having been through this with Molly last October (she was
also my baby before I had a baby), this is just too fresh in my mind and
very painful. Peewee has been very lucky to have someone who has loved him
as much as you have.
Purrs to you and Peewee. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Lis
April 12th 07, 02:03 PM
On Apr 12, 2:24 am, "-L." > wrote:
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
>
> -L.

I'm very sorry. This is the hardest thing we have to do for our furry
family members. Peewee is lucky to have you.

Lis

Rene S.
April 12th 07, 02:15 PM
Hugs to you and Peewee.

Rene

cybercat
April 12th 07, 02:47 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.

Oh, Lyn, I hate that you have to go through this. It's so hard, but the
right thing to do for Peewee, it is clearly time to help him through.
When I had to let my 20-year-old girl go, it was so terrible. Just
like with you, she was there before I got married, there when both
my parents were still alive--she was the creature I held in my arms
and cried to when my parents died. I'm so sorry.

sheelagh
April 12th 07, 03:31 PM

On 12 Apr, 07:24, "-L." > wrote:
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.

I am devastated for you....

Peewee is so lucky to have a mummy who loves him enough to make the
ultimate sacrifice on his behalf.
I know it is killing you. Cuddle him, cry & scream if you need to, &
live in the knowledge that you loved him enough to let him cross
over...

Soothing Purrs & healing thoughts for you too
S.

cindys
April 12th 07, 03:33 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
-----------
I'm so, so sorry. Having been through this with Molly last October (she was
also my baby before I had a baby), this is just too fresh in my mind and
very painful. Peewee has been very lucky to have someone who has loved him
as much as you have.
Purrs to you and Peewee. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Patty
April 12th 07, 04:52 PM
On 11 Apr 2007 23:24:03 -0700, -L. wrote:

> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
>
> -L.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this right now. But, PeeWee is very
fortunate to have someone love him enough to let him go. I went through
this with my Grady in January, and it was the hardest thing I've ever done
in my life. He was my baby too (after my baby grew up and moved away from
home *S*).

Hugs to you.

Patty

bookie
April 12th 07, 05:26 PM
On 12 Apr, 07:24, "-L." > wrote:
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
>
> -L.

yuo are doing the right thing even thoug it hurts like hell and you
probably wish there was some way to avoid it and some magic pill to
make peewee into a young healthy cat again. I wish we had helped tegan
cross over earlier instead of waiting until she made the choice
herself and fell asleep one last time, we might have saved her some
suffering towards the end.

he will be grateful you are helping him and releasing him from his
pain, he will be there in heaven waiting for you i am sure.

feel free to spend the rest of the week crying your eyes out though,
we have all done it at some point, it is only natural when you lose a
lifetime friend like this, but remember you are doing the right thing
hugs and purrs, bookie

Matthew
April 12th 07, 06:26 PM
Me and you have had our bouts before in the past and don't see eye to eye
but this is the hardest thing any slave has to go thru. I and the pack are
sending purrs and prayers for a safe and easy journey across the bridge. And
for peace to ease your mind during the crossing. You are doing the right
thing. It is always hard when we lose a child. We are here for you.

I am going to go and hug all my furballs right now. I have tears in my eyes

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
>
> -L.

CatNipped
April 12th 07, 06:57 PM
{{{{{{{{{{Lyn}}}}}}}}}} Purrs for your breaking heart and I will light a
candle on Friday to help light Peewee's way to the bridge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
>
> -L.

Margaret Caldwell Ott
April 12th 07, 09:31 PM
Having just lost our darling Amaretto less than a week ago, we
understand your pain. You and Peewee will be very much in our
thoughts tomorrow.

Best,

PegNDerek

On 11 Apr 2007 23:24:03 -0700, "-L." > wrote:

>The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
>He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
>some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
>and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
>weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
>but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
>Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
>a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
>married. It's like losing a kid.
>
>-L.

Annie Wxill
April 12th 07, 11:13 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> ...> -L.
It sounds like Peewee had a good long life. Even then, we never have them
long enough. Hang on to all the good memories, let yourself grieve, and
most important, let yourself heal in your own time.

Condolences and hugs,
Annie

Lynne
April 13th 07, 01:32 AM
on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 06:24:03 GMT, "-L." > wrote:

> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.

Knowing that Friday is looming must be just terrible. Please remember that
you are doing right by Peewee, and he is very lucky to have someone who
loves him enough to make that tough decision. I'm sure you will cherish
every moment you have left, as well as all the moments you have had over
his lifetime.

I hope you find peace. I know Peewee will.

--
Lynne

Cheryl
April 13th 07, 02:26 AM
On Thu 12 Apr 2007 02:24:03a, -L. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ups.com>:

> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross
> over. He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He
> still has some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or
> scratch his head, and still likes to go out with the dog, but
> isn't eating much and is weak. I can't let him starve to death
> - it's the humane thing to do, but dammit, it's killing me. :*(
> I will report back when I can. Thanks to everyone who sent
> support over the last few weeks - it means a lot. Pee was my
> baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even married.
> It's like losing a kid.

It sure is, Lyn. PUrrs for your broken heart and we're with you in
spirit tomorrow. You're doing the right thing no matter how hard it
is. Be happy you got to know Pooh. Pooh the big black baby in a cat
suit. Cherish his memory, and then honor him by keeping it alive.

--
Cheryl

blkcatgal
April 13th 07, 02:29 PM
I'll be thinking of you and Peewee today. It's never easy to let go. Safe
passages, Peewee.

S.

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
>
> -L.

22brix
April 13th 07, 03:56 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
>
> -L.

You and Peewee are in my thoughts today.

Bonnie

Sherry
April 13th 07, 04:07 PM
On Apr 12, 1:24 am, "-L." > wrote:
> The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
> He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
> some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
> and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
> weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
> but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
> Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
> a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
> married. It's like losing a kid.
>
> -L.

I'm so sorry, Lyn. It's very fortunate that you're able to have a vet
come
over. I always wished I had been able to do that. Still doesn't
detract
from the fact that this is one of the toughest things you'll ever have
to do, and my heart just goes out to you.
Sherry