PDA

View Full Version : MORE recalls MORE info

oldhickory
April 12th 07, 08:41 AM
My husband went for cat food tonight and petsmart had cleared the shelves of
all of the NutroMax canned food (which is what we feed our girls). I
checked menufoods.com and it has expanded to more of theirs and some others,
too...

http://www.menufoods.com/recall

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

MaryL
April 13th 07, 12:31 PM
"oldhickory" > wrote in message
> My husband went for cat food tonight and petsmart had cleared the shelves
> of all of the NutroMax canned food (which is what we feed our girls). I
> checked menufoods.com and it has expanded to more of theirs and some
> others, too...
>
> http://www.menufoods.com/recall
>
> --
> ie

It seems to me that it would be prudent for everyone to check the labels of
*any* cat food they are using and *not* use anything that contains wheat
gluten. The gluten itself is not harmful, but more and more foods are being
recalled for possible contamination. So far, the common link seems to be
wheat gluten -- and gluten simply is not needed by cats. In fact, that
usually indicates carbs that would be better left off anyway.

MaryL

William Graham
April 14th 07, 02:10 AM

> "oldhickory" > wrote in message
>> My husband went for cat food tonight and petsmart had cleared the shelves
>> of all of the NutroMax canned food (which is what we feed our girls). I
>> checked menufoods.com and it has expanded to more of theirs and some
>> others, too...
>>
>> http://www.menufoods.com/recall
>>
>> --
>> ie
>
> It seems to me that it would be prudent for everyone to check the labels
> of *any* cat food they are using and *not* use anything that contains
> wheat gluten. The gluten itself is not harmful, but more and more foods
> are being recalled for possible contamination. So far, the common link
> seems to be wheat gluten -- and gluten simply is not needed by cats. In
> fact, that usually indicates carbs that would be better left off anyway.
>
> MaryL

All of the stuff I have now has, "corn gluten" listed as one of the
ingredients.....I think this is safe because it doesn't come from China.....

Cat Protector
April 15th 07, 09:01 AM
I'd go with Blue Buffalo if you can. It's not even associated with Menu
Foods. My cats love it.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com