PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

CatNipped
April 12th 07, 07:47 PM
I had to go stock up on food for the girls. Before going to Wal-Mart I told
DH that I wouldn't be surprised if Fancy Feast had gone up alarmingly in
price from the usual US$0.45 per 3.5oz can. I was pleasantly surprised when
I found that FF had gone *DOWN* in price to US$0.40 per 3.5ox can!

Then I got to thinking about it - what a great sales ploy this was by
someone on Purina's staff. There are now untold numbers of pet owners
looking for an alternate food since their regular brand has been recalled.
By coming down in price, Purina can entice them to buy/try Fancy Feast
instead. They could get hundreds of thousands of new customers in the short
term. In the long term? Well, anyone who has tried it knows that once
you've given your cats Fancy Feast they'll turn their noses up at anything
else ever again (FF has been nicknamed here in this group and elsewhere
"kitty crack" because it is so addictive). Once they've hooked all those
new suck... erm, buyers, they can then go up on their prices and really make
a fortune!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
April 12th 07, 08:03 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
>I had to go stock up on food for the girls. Before going to Wal-Mart I
>told DH that I wouldn't be surprised if Fancy Feast had gone up alarmingly
>in price from the usual US$0.45 per 3.5oz can. I was pleasantly surprised
>when I found that FF had gone *DOWN* in price to US$0.40 per 3.5ox can!

Only in Houston! ;) Just kidding, but I do have such fond memories of
Houston.

Here, FF has gone up, unless we are just lagging behind.

By the way, my Petfoodirect order came with a bunch of
$1 off coupons for FF "gold" dry, I think it is called. If
anyone can use them, email me a mailing address.

CatNipped
April 12th 07, 08:20 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>I had to go stock up on food for the girls. Before going to Wal-Mart I
>>told DH that I wouldn't be surprised if Fancy Feast had gone up alarmingly
>>in price from the usual US$0.45 per 3.5oz can. I was pleasantly surprised
>>when I found that FF had gone *DOWN* in price to US$0.40 per 3.5ox can!
>
> Only in Houston! ;) Just kidding, but I do have such fond memories of
> Houston.
>
> Here, FF has gone up, unless we are just lagging behind.
>
> By the way, my Petfoodirect order came with a bunch of
> $1 off coupons for FF "gold" dry, I think it is called. If
> anyone can use them, email me a mailing address.

I would but.... I was using FF "gold" dry as cat treats since my four don't
go for "Pounce" or any of the usual suspects. They practically sit up and
beg for this, though. The trouble is, I can't give any FF "gold" dry to any
of my other cats without giving Sammy at least twice as much or more. If I
give her the same amount she'll vaccum up her share and then "nose out" her
sisters and eat theirs - and even with double or more a share she still
finishes before her sisters and will have to be distracted or restrained
from gobbling up theirs as well. Giving Sammy that much "treat" has
definitely added some unneeded ounces to her middle, so I've quit giving
them treats altogether (this is hard to do since Sammy will come along and
"bite" me or DH to get attention and then gaze soulfully at us to the point
of *almost* making her 18+ pound girth look like the image of a starving
waif!!! ;>). You might try giving this as a treat to your underweight baby
(Gracie, not Boo, right?), I bet this would put a few ounces on her as well.

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
April 12th 07, 08:48 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote

> I would but.... I was using FF "gold" dry as cat treats since my four
> don't go for "Pounce" or any of the usual suspects. They practically sit
> up and beg for this, though. The trouble is, I can't give any FF "gold"
> dry to any of my other cats without giving Sammy at least twice as much or
> more. If I give her the same amount she'll vaccum up her share and then
> "nose out" her sisters and eat theirs - and even with double or more a
> share she still finishes before her sisters and will have to be distracted
> or restrained from gobbling up theirs as well. Giving Sammy that much
> "treat" has definitely added some unneeded ounces to her middle, so I've
> quit giving them treats altogether (this is hard to do since Sammy will
> come along and "bite" me or DH to get attention and then gaze soulfully at
> us to the point of *almost* making her 18+ pound girth look like the image
> of a starving waif!!! ;>). You might try giving this as a treat to your
> underweight baby (Gracie, not Boo, right?), I bet this would put a few
> ounces on her as well.

So they're good, eh? Maybe I'll try some for Gracie. Although, I think she's
meant to be pretty skinny. She has kind of a Siamese build. Nice to hear
from
you!

CatNipped
April 12th 07, 08:58 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>
>> I would but.... I was using FF "gold" dry as cat treats since my four
>> don't go for "Pounce" or any of the usual suspects. They practically sit
>> up and beg for this, though. The trouble is, I can't give any FF "gold"
>> dry to any of my other cats without giving Sammy at least twice as much
>> or more. If I give her the same amount she'll vaccum up her share and
>> then "nose out" her sisters and eat theirs - and even with double or more
>> a share she still finishes before her sisters and will have to be
>> distracted or restrained from gobbling up theirs as well. Giving Sammy
>> that much "treat" has definitely added some unneeded ounces to her
>> middle, so I've quit giving them treats altogether (this is hard to do
>> since Sammy will come along and "bite" me or DH to get attention and then
>> gaze soulfully at us to the point of *almost* making her 18+ pound girth
>> look like the image of a starving waif!!! ;>). You might try giving this
>> as a treat to your underweight baby (Gracie, not Boo, right?), I bet this
>> would put a few ounces on her as well.
>>

> So they're good, eh? Maybe I'll try some for Gracie.

Yep, and I've read the list of ingredients *VERY* carefully - it contains
*NO* wheat, wheat gluten, or any other wheat byproducts!

> Although, I think she's
> meant to be pretty skinny.

Yep, some cats are (I guess there's no reason there can't be endomorphic or
ectomorphic cats too, just like humans). DH and I joke that Demi has
anorexia nervosa (a typical "dumb blonde" valley girl obsessed with her
petite figure) - if it weren't for her long, *LONG* hair I don't think she
would cast a shadow! ;>

> She has kind of a Siamese build. Nice to hear from
> you!

Yep, it's been a while - I've been too busy trying to put my life back
together to take time to cull the wheat from the chaff here in rpch+b (OK,
OK that was a bad analogy right now).

Anyway, how the heck are you?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Buddy's Mom
April 12th 07, 10:26 PM
Fancy Feast Gold is made in very little pieces. My cat loves them -
and yes, you are correct! No wheat gluten!

Cat Protector
April 15th 07, 09:04 AM
I wonder why people even feed their cats Fancy Feast. It's nothing but
garbage.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
>I had to go stock up on food for the girls. Before going to Wal-Mart I
>told DH that I wouldn't be surprised if Fancy Feast had gone up alarmingly
>in price from the usual US$0.45 per 3.5oz can. I was pleasantly surprised
>when I found that FF had gone *DOWN* in price to US$0.40 per 3.5ox can!
>
> Then I got to thinking about it - what a great sales ploy this was by
> someone on Purina's staff. There are now untold numbers of pet owners
> looking for an alternate food since their regular brand has been recalled.
> By coming down in price, Purina can entice them to buy/try Fancy Feast
> instead. They could get hundreds of thousands of new customers in the
> short term. In the long term? Well, anyone who has tried it knows that
> once you've given your cats Fancy Feast they'll turn their noses up at
> anything else ever again (FF has been nicknamed here in this group and
> elsewhere "kitty crack" because it is so addictive). Once they've hooked
> all those new suck... erm, buyers, they can then go up on their prices and
> really make a fortune!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Lynne
April 15th 07, 06:56 PM
on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:04:55 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> I wonder why people even feed their cats Fancy Feast. It's nothing but
> garbage.

Post proof of your monotanous friggen claims, or STFU already.

--
Lynne

cybercat
April 15th 07, 07:11 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:04:55 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
> wrote:
>
>> I wonder why people even feed their cats Fancy Feast. It's nothing but
>> garbage.
>
> Post proof of your monotanous friggen claims, or STFU already.

CP's a maroon. :)

Lynne
April 15th 07, 07:17 PM
on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:11:40 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> CP's a maroon. :)

I know, I know. Sometimes I like to poke the dimwit.

--
Lynne

Matthew
April 15th 07, 07:31 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:11:40 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> CP's a maroon. :)
>
> I know, I know. Sometimes I like to poke the dimwit.
>
> --
> Lynne

Old saying don't poke the bear unless you got a big gun. Go get him Lynne

cybercat
April 15th 07, 07:37 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> m...
>> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:11:40 GMT, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> CP's a maroon. :)
>>
>> I know, I know. Sometimes I like to poke the dimwit.
>>
>> --
>> Lynne
>
> Old saying don't poke the bear unless you got a big gun. Go get him Lynne

Hee! CP's not a bear. He's a poodle with a partial lobotomy.

Cat Protector
April 15th 07, 11:36 PM
There used to be a time when this group could have a peaceful conversation
without name calling and the like. Those days because of you and your
followers, this group has been ruined. I guess some people can't handle the
fact that the food they're feeding their cats is not healthy. When your cats
have problems because they are overweight after eating Fancy Feast or any of
the other number of foods which are all filler and no-thriller remind me to
say "I told you so."

--

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Lynne" > wrote in message
>> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:04:55 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I wonder why people even feed their cats Fancy Feast. It's nothing but
>>> garbage.
>>
>> Post proof of your monotanous friggen claims, or STFU already.
>>

> CP's a maroon. :)

Cat Protector
April 15th 07, 11:40 PM
I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't like it
when someone not only speaks the truth but has a different opinion other
than yours. I'm reminded by your responses that those who aren't a part of
your clique are the enemy. I feel very sorry for the cats you supposedly
represent. You all need to grow up and act like adults and thus be able to
have an adult conversation.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...

> I know, I know. Sometimes I like to poke the dimwit.
>
> --
> Lynne

Lynne
April 15th 07, 11:45 PM
on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:40:16 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't
> like it when someone not only speaks the truth but has a different
> opinion other than yours. I'm reminded by your responses that those
> who aren't a part of your clique are the enemy. I feel very sorry for
> the cats you supposedly represent. You all need to grow up and act
> like adults and thus be able to have an adult conversation.

Uh, pardon me, but I don't have a clique here. I've both disagreed and
agreed with the regulars here on a variety of topics.

Just so you know, those of us who have decided you are a moron have come to
that conclusion for obvious reasons and independently of each other.

--
Lynne

Lynne
April 15th 07, 11:47 PM
on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:36:50 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> There used to be a time when this group could have a peaceful
> conversation without name calling and the like. Those days because of
> you and your followers, this group has been ruined. I guess some
> people can't handle the fact that the food they're feeding their cats
> is not healthy. When your cats have problems because they are
> overweight after eating Fancy Feast or any of the other number of
> foods which are all filler and no-thriller remind me to say "I told
> you so."

And still you post no PROOF of your claims. Bring it on, prove what you
state. If you have proof and will share it, then you will be doing cat
lovers a public service. Seriously! If you don't have proof, then I
invite you, again, to STFU about it already.

--
Lynne

Matthew
April 16th 07, 12:26 AM
"Cat Protector" >

Again you have no facts to back up your statements. While I can make a
statement about nutrition for I have first hand experience while you are
talking out your [email protected]@.
My Rumble is on Fancy Feast due to his diabetes. He is perfect weight
and his health is overall excellent. His diabetes has been under control due
to the fancy feast diet he is on. All the others brands including your
"healthy choice ones" did not work. So file that one as you put your foot
in your mouth.

CP you might have good intentions but even the best intentions don't always
make a right.

cybercat
April 16th 07, 12:47 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:40:16 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
> wrote:
>
>> I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't
>> like it when someone not only speaks the truth but has a different
>> opinion other than yours. I'm reminded by your responses that those
>> who aren't a part of your clique are the enemy. I feel very sorry for
>> the cats you supposedly represent. You all need to grow up and act
>> like adults and thus be able to have an adult conversation.
>
> Uh, pardon me, but I don't have a clique here. I've both disagreed and
> agreed with the regulars here on a variety of topics.
>
> Just so you know, those of us who have decided you are a moron have come
> that conclusion for obvious reasons and independently of each other.
>
> --

Hahaha! Well said. As for proving CP wrong about FF being "crap" a simple
comparison of the ingredients in what he thinks is good food and FF would
do it. I cannot be bothered. I am busy teaching a pig to sing. (That would
be you, NickAndrewsChunkyStyle.)

cybercat
April 16th 07, 12:47 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:36:50 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
> wrote:
>
>> There used to be a time when this group could have a peaceful
>> conversation without name calling and the like. Those days because of
>> you and your followers, this group has been ruined. I guess some
>> people can't handle the fact that the food they're feeding their cats
>> is not healthy. When your cats have problems because they are
>> overweight after eating Fancy Feast or any of the other number of
>> foods which are all filler and no-thriller remind me to say "I told
>> you so."
>
> And still you post no PROOF of your claims. Bring it on, prove what you
> state. If you have proof and will share it, then you will be doing cat
> lovers a public service. Seriously! If you don't have proof, then I
> invite you, again, to STFU about it already.
>
> --

"all filler and not thriller." :D

cybercat
April 16th 07, 12:52 AM
"Matthew" > wrote"

> CP you might have good intentions but even the best intentions don't
> always make a right.

He doesn't have good intentions. He's a malicious idiot who has not even
researched cat food.

Now then, below is the nutrition breakdown for Tender Beef Feast,
a popular FF flavor. Will someone who does not have the maroon
CatProtector killfiled ask the little twit what he thinks is quality food?

BEEF, BEEF BROTH, LIVER, FISH, MEAT BY-PRODUCTS, NATURAL AND
ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, GUAR GUM, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SALT, TAURINE, VITAMIN
SUPPLEMENTS (E, A, D3, B12), SODIUM NITRITE (TO PROMOTE COLOR RETENTION),
THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), FERROUS SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE.

Guaranteed Analysis %:
Moisture (maximum) 78
Crude Protein (minimum) 11
Crude Fat (minimum) 4
Crude Fiber (maximum) 1.5

Charlie Wilkes
April 16th 07, 03:35 AM
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:40:16 -0700, Cat Protector wrote:

> I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't like
> it when someone not only speaks the truth but has a different opinion
> other than yours. I'm reminded by your responses that those who aren't a
> part of your clique are the enemy. I feel very sorry for the cats you
> supposedly represent. You all need to grow up and act like adults and
> thus be able to have an adult conversation.

So what specifically is wrong with Fancy Feast, and what should people
buy instead?

Charlie

Barry
April 16th 07, 03:36 AM
On Apr 15, 6:40 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't like it
> when someone not only speaks the truth

well you're full of ****

you've been brainwashed by your fav vendor

how come my cats are healthy? hmmm? from eating garbage?

you got a serious brain damage goin on there

Barry
April 16th 07, 03:37 AM
On Apr 15, 6:36 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> There used to be a time when this group could have a peaceful conversation

well, you're what I call "ignorant"

plain and simple

Cat Protector
April 16th 07, 07:45 AM
I've always subscribed to the more holistic brands for my cats diet. There
are several on the market. I use Blue Buffalo Spa Select for my cats but
there are others like Avoderm as well. The problem with Fancy Feast is it's
loaded with by-products and additives. This can be very bad for your cats
diet overall. It would be the equivalent to us eating junk food every day.
Our vet says one of the biggest things he sees in his office is overweight
animals. Many of them the result of either overeating or because their
humans decided to keep buying the cheap brands to feed their cats. Urinary
Tract Infection is just one ailment caused mostly by poor diet. One of my
cats has had a UTI and after switching to the Spa Select for his food he's
doing remarkably well. One of my other cats had a hairball and weight issue
and she too is doing well on it. She hasn't hacked up too many hairballs and
her weight has dropped to a more manageable level.

I recommend people start reading labels. They'll find much healthier brands
out there. I'd go to your local Petsmart and take a can of Fancy Feast and a
can of Blue and read both labels. You will definately see a big difference
in the quality of the two.

--

"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:40:16 -0700, Cat Protector wrote:
>
>> I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't like
>> it when someone not only speaks the truth but has a different opinion
>> other than yours. I'm reminded by your responses that those who aren't a
>> part of your clique are the enemy. I feel very sorry for the cats you
>> supposedly represent. You all need to grow up and act like adults and
>> thus be able to have an adult conversation.
>>
> So what specifically is wrong with Fancy Feast, and what should people
> buy instead?
>
> Charlie

Cat Protector
April 16th 07, 07:47 AM
Brainwashed. I don't think so. I actually read labels and with a cat having
a UTI I'm glad I went the holistic route.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Barry" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Apr 15, 6:40 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't like
>> it
>> when someone not only speaks the truth
>
> well you're full of ****
>
> you've been brainwashed by your fav vendor
>
> how come my cats are healthy? hmmm? from eating garbage?
>
> you got a serious brain damage goin on there

Cat Protector
April 16th 07, 07:50 AM
Ok you want proof. I invite you to read the labels between the holistic
brands and FF. You will see a big difference in quality.

--

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:36:50 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
> wrote:
>
>> There used to be a time when this group could have a peaceful
>> conversation without name calling and the like. Those days because of
>> you and your followers, this group has been ruined. I guess some
>> people can't handle the fact that the food they're feeding their cats
>> is not healthy. When your cats have problems because they are
>> overweight after eating Fancy Feast or any of the other number of
>> foods which are all filler and no-thriller remind me to say "I told
>> you so."
>
> And still you post no PROOF of your claims. Bring it on, prove what you
> state. If you have proof and will share it, then you will be doing cat
> lovers a public service. Seriously! If you don't have proof, then I
> invite you, again, to STFU about it already.
>
> --
> Lynne

Cat Protector
April 16th 07, 07:56 AM
You have first hand experience? The only experience you have shown is that
you've done nothing but call me names and say I'm wrong. I find it funny
that in these arguments people like yourself will always say they tried the
healthier brands and it didn't work just to say that the other side is
wrong. I know one person's cat who also has diabetes as well and she went
the holistic route. It's worked well for the cat. So, if it works for
someone else are you going to say they too put their foot in their mouth if
they also come on here posting about it?

--

"Matthew" > wrote in message

> Again you have no facts to back up your statements. While I can make a
> statement about nutrition for I have first hand experience while you are
> talking out your [email protected]@.
> My Rumble is on Fancy Feast due to his diabetes. He is perfect weight
> and his health is overall excellent. His diabetes has been under control
> due to the fancy feast diet he is on. All the others brands including
> your "healthy choice ones" did not work. So file that one as you put your
> foot in your mouth.
>
> CP you might have good intentions but even the best intentions don't
> always make a right.

Cat Protector
April 16th 07, 08:10 AM
My intentions aren't good? Let me see, I love cats, take good care of them
and work hard to keep them healthy and happy. So, how does that make
melicious. You also claim I have never researched food. Have you been there
right there with me when I've read up on a lot of foods? Have you physically
gone to the store with me to research foods? Have you gone with me to the
vet when one of my cats came down with a UTI and it was suggested to try a
different food?

The food I use doesn't have any corn, wheat or soy in it. It doesn't have
any by-products. The meats used are not hormone injected and is the free
range stuff. It also doesn't have any additives, and has cranberries in it
for urinary tract health. Basically it's humane grade which means we could
eat it. For example, here are the ingredients for one of the canned
variety's of the Spa Select. This is what's in the tuna one.

"Tuna, Fish Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Whitefish, Brown Rice, Sweet
Potatoes, Carrots, Eggs, Broccoli, Wild Rice, Cranberries, Blueberries,
Yellow Squash, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Sea Salt,
Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex,
Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated
Manganese), Copper Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate,
Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium
Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
Thiamine Mononitriate, Biotin, Taurine."

I'd say it's pretty healthy although I'm sure the naysayers will probably
say it's all crap. At least my cats are getting a brand that works.

--

"cybercat" > wrote in message
> He doesn't have good intentions. He's a malicious idiot who has not even
> researched cat food.
>
> Now then, below is the nutrition breakdown for Tender Beef Feast,
> a popular FF flavor. Will someone who does not have the maroon
> CatProtector killfiled ask the little twit what he thinks is quality food?
>
> BEEF, BEEF BROTH, LIVER, FISH, MEAT BY-PRODUCTS, NATURAL AND
> ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, GUAR GUM, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SALT, TAURINE, VITAMIN
> SUPPLEMENTS (E, A, D3, B12), SODIUM NITRITE (TO PROMOTE COLOR RETENTION),
> THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), FERROUS SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE.
>
> Guaranteed Analysis %:
> Moisture (maximum) 78
> Crude Protein (minimum) 11
> Crude Fat (minimum) 4
> Crude Fiber (maximum) 1.5

Cat Protector
April 16th 07, 08:11 AM
Call me whatever you want but usually people call another names because they
realize they are wrong or embarrassed to admit that they are.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 15, 6:36 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> There used to be a time when this group could have a peaceful
>> conversation
>
> well, you're what I call "ignorant"
>
> plain and simple

Barry
April 16th 07, 11:53 AM
On Apr 16, 2:47 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> Brainwashed. I don't think so. I actually read labels and with a cat having
> a UTI I'm glad I went the holistic route.

You have no proof other than your vendors claims.

My cats DONT have uti's never have!

so, imo, my regular shelf brand food is better!

price is not always an indicator.

thing is.. you show up once ever 3 months, call purina etc..
"garbage"...
brag about your high dollar ****, then defend it.

your cats immunities are not up to par dear

consider getting them off the blue ball food... get a big bag of
chunky dog food.

IT'S ALL JUST CORNMEAL.. IF YOU READ THE LABEL YOU WOULD KNOW THIS.

crack the bag.. lay it on it's side.. when "sicky" gets hungry, she'll
eat it and love it.

How do I know? cause mine eat every freakin thing I put down!
peas, cabbage, spinach.. whatever! they love it!

and they are shiny, vibrant, healthy.. etc!

AND THEY **** OUTSIDE!

you actually read labels? pfft! you read what they want you to read.

You're just whimpering because you've spent mo money than most of us.
AND your damn cat is still sick.

it's that nasty "un-fresh" CRAP no.. GARBAGE you feed them.

For fresh food, buy a popular brand. Not some MOM POP horse, hoof, and
balls basement operation.

you're probably their only customer

they are why your cat is sick.. the food is nasty

whew

Barry
April 16th 07, 11:59 AM
On Apr 16, 3:11 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> Call me whatever you want but usually people call another names because they
> realize they are wrong or embarrassed to admit that they are.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!www.panthertekit.com"Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > On Apr 15, 6:36 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> >> There used to be a time when this group could have a peaceful
> >> conversation
>
> > well, you're what I call "ignorant"
>
> > plain and simple

you are ignorant

only an ingnorant person would jump into mainstream providers and
declare the provision as garbage

a non ignorant person would say..

"I am happy with my choice of foods, and here is why"
can't teach you nothing.

cp, act like you got some sense. just fake it if you have to.

unless of course you're just a bitter ol battle axe hyped up on
steroids

mind that big bag of crunchy. take the extra money and treat yourself.

get your nails done
your toenails painted
get a facial
and a assial

treat yourself to some BIG ASS TRUFFLES

then! you won't be so quick to tell everybody they are feeding their
cats (the super loves of their life) garbage

if you really care and want to protect cats, then do what I tell you
and yule be fine

sheelagh
April 16th 07, 04:02 PM
On 15 Apr, 23:45, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:40:16 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
> wrote:
>
> > I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't
> > like it when someone not only speaks the truth but has a different
> > opinion other than yours. I'm reminded by your responses that those
> > who aren't a part of your clique are the enemy. I feel very sorry for
> > the cats you supposedly represent. You all need to grow up and act
> > like adults and thus be able to have an adult conversation.
>
> Uh, pardon me, but I don't have a clique here. I've both disagreed and
> agreed with the regulars here on a variety of topics.
>
> Just so you know, those of us who have decided you are a moron have come to
> that conclusion for obvious reasons and independently of each other.
>
> --
> Lynne

QUOTE: And who said usenet can't change minds....

(Lynne)

Lynne is a very active member of this group for many years & has
challenged many views of other users & will not agree with you for the
sake of keeping the peace.
She will tell you the truth as she See's it, & if you come up with
the right reason, she has the good grace to agree with you. If not,
she won't.
S;o)

Barry
April 16th 07, 04:19 PM
On Apr 16, 11:02 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> Lynne is a very active member of this group for many years & has
> challenged many views of other users & will not agree with you for the
> sake of keeping the peace.
> She will tell you the truth as she See's it, & if you come up with
> the right reason, she has the good grace to agree with you. If not,
> she won't.
> S;o)

did you know you actually replied to Lynne?
I figure your post was to CP

and how do you know about Lynne and her "many years" lol

EVERYBODY WANTS STABILITY AND REGULARITY AND ACCEPTANCE

lol

YOU GOTTA LOVE ME S

Sherry
April 16th 07, 04:58 PM
On Apr 16, 1:45 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I've always subscribed to the more holistic brands for my cats diet.

Oh, yeah. You always did, CP. You discovered Special Kitty was 25
cents
a can, and you fell on your knees and sang hosannas right here on this
newsgroup. We tried to convince you THEN about more spending a
little more and feeding a decent food, and you just argued about it.
NOW you're claiming Fancy FEast is crap food, but you can't quite seem
to come up with any comparisons. Don't you understand why no one
here quite wants to take your word as the authority on cat food?
You've been asked (several times) to back up your claims. Are you
just not able to do that?
Sherry

There
> are several on the market. I use Blue Buffalo Spa Select for my cats but
> there are others like Avoderm as well. The problem with Fancy Feast is it's
> loaded with by-products and additives. This can be very bad for your cats
> diet overall. It would be the equivalent to us eating junk food every day.
> Our vet says one of the biggest things he sees in his office is overweight
> animals. Many of them the result of either overeating or because their
> humans decided to keep buying the cheap brands to feed their cats. Urinary
> Tract Infection is just one ailment caused mostly by poor diet. One of my
> cats has had a UTI and after switching to the Spa Select for his food he's
> doing remarkably well. One of my other cats had a hairball and weight issue
> and she too is doing well on it. She hasn't hacked up too many hairballs and
> her weight has dropped to a more manageable level.
>
> I recommend people start reading labels. They'll find much healthier brands
> out there. I'd go to your local Petsmart and take a can of Fancy Feast and a
> can of Blue and read both labels. You will definately see a big difference
> in the quality of the two.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!www.panthertekit.com"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message

> > On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:40:16 -0700, Cat Protector wrote:
>
> >> I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't like
> >> it when someone not only speaks the truth but has a different opinion
> >> other than yours. I'm reminded by your responses that those who aren't a
> >> part of your clique are the enemy. I feel very sorry for the cats you
> >> supposedly represent. You all need to grow up and act like adults and
> >> thus be able to have an adult conversation.
>
> > So what specifically is wrong with Fancy Feast, and what should people
> > buy instead?
>
> > Charlie- Hide quoted text -

Matthew
April 16th 07, 05:26 PM
Believe what you want every time you open your mouth you prove you are a
moron. I ma glad this group watches your dumb ass when you post to someone
and THE GROUP puts you in place and provides the correct information to the
OP. Someone like you is dangerous specially if someone id naive enough to
believe you

The person who recommended the diet is here in the group.I have never met
him by I trust him for when he states something he backs it up with
verifiable and easy checked facts. He already calls you a moron and I agree
with him.

You have definably become a pest and welcome to the "flushed" file

"Cat Protector" >

< snipped for being posted by a moron>

Matthew
April 16th 07, 05:27 PM
I have added the idiot to the flushed file he is dumb and dangerous to
much of the god syndrome in his blood

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:40:16 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
> wrote:
>
>> I couldn't give a rat's behind what you think of me. You just don't
>> like it when someone not only speaks the truth but has a different
>> opinion other than yours. I'm reminded by your responses that those
>> who aren't a part of your clique are the enemy. I feel very sorry for
>> the cats you supposedly represent. You all need to grow up and act
>> like adults and thus be able to have an adult conversation.
>
> Uh, pardon me, but I don't have a clique here. I've both disagreed and
> agreed with the regulars here on a variety of topics.
>
> Just so you know, those of us who have decided you are a moron have come
> that conclusion for obvious reasons and independently of each other.
>
> --
> Lynne

PawsForThought
April 16th 07, 05:34 PM
On Apr 16, 2:45 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I've always subscribed to the more holistic brands for my cats diet.

WTF??? Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you feeding
them Friskies for a long time? Didn't you in fact protest whenever
anyone tried to educate you to feed them a better diet, especially
since you have a crystal prone kitty? Aren't you still feeding that
crystal prone kitty a dry food diet?

I'm glad you're feeding them better brands now, but I don't really
think you're in a position to knock people for feeding Fancy Feast.

sheelagh
April 16th 07, 06:19 PM
On 16 Apr, 16:19, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 11:02 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > Lynne is a very active member of this group for many years & has
> > challenged many views of other users & will not agree with you for the
> > sake of keeping the peace.
> > She will tell you the truth as she See's it, & if you come up with
> > the right reason, she has the good grace to agree with you. If not,
> > she won't.
> > S;o)
>
> did you know you actually replied to Lynne?
> I figure your post was to CP
>
> and how do you know about Lynne and her "many years" lol
>
> EVERYBODY WANTS STABILITY AND REGULARITY AND ACCEPTANCE
>
> lol
>
> YOU GOTTA LOVE ME S

Yes, I used her post as my platform to shout from...

CP has a big problem with everyone calling him uninformed & when he
promotes a point, he can't back it up...
On that basis I made my post...

I quoted Lynne from a post that she made that I will never forget,
pointing out that information gained here is all the more useful if
you can not only back it up...or admit when you are wrong too. CP,
doesn't seem to have this quality which was all I was trying to point
out, was that Lynne does accept when she is wrong (which is hardly
ever incidentally..)
It is a pity that he hasn't got the balls to do the same..
S;o)

sheelagh
April 16th 07, 06:20 PM
On 16 Apr, 16:19, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 11:02 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > Lynne is a very active member of this group for many years & has
> > challenged many views of other users & will not agree with you for the
> > sake of keeping the peace.
> > She will tell you the truth as she See's it, & if you come up with
> > the right reason, she has the good grace to agree with you. If not,
> > she won't.
> > S;o)
>
> did you know you actually replied to Lynne?
> I figure your post was to CP
>
> and how do you know about Lynne and her "many years" lol
>
> EVERYBODY WANTS STABILITY AND REGULARITY AND ACCEPTANCE
>
> lol
>
> YOU GOTTA LOVE ME S

I did my homework lol...
Love you..?
Of course Barry, fancy questioning it...
S;o)

Barry
April 16th 07, 06:25 PM
On Apr 16, 11:58 am, "Sherry" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 1:45 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>
> > I've always subscribed to the more holistic brands for my cats diet.
>
> Oh, yeah. You always did, CP. You discovered Special Kitty was 25
> cents
> a can, and you fell on your knees and sang hosannas right here on this
> newsgroup.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lmao

Sherri, I knew he was just touting to get "something more for his
money"

In fact, I bet he feeds them that 25c fancy cat you mention

cybercat
April 16th 07, 06:40 PM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 16, 1:45 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> I've always subscribed to the more holistic brands for my cats diet.
>
> Oh, yeah. You always did, CP. You discovered Special Kitty was 25
> cents
> a can, and you fell on your knees and sang hosannas right here on this
> newsgroup. We tried to convince you THEN about more spending a
> little more and feeding a decent food, and you just argued about it.
> NOW you're claiming Fancy FEast is crap food, but you can't quite seem
> to come up with any comparisons. Don't you understand why no one
> here quite wants to take your word as the authority on cat food?
> You've been asked (several times) to back up your claims. Are you
> just not able to do that?
> Sherry

I think his short-term memory is shot. I think CP has turned the page.

lol

buglady
April 16th 07, 07:54 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> I recommend people start reading labels.

..........wouldn't do them a whit of good. Right now the labels don't
reflect any kind of reality, just advertising.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

body sweat
April 16th 07, 07:56 PM
On Apr 16, 1:40 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

> I think his short-term memory is shot. I think CP has turned the page.
>
> lol

it's from my 1972 album, it's about being on the road, it's called,
turn the page.

but you got it in for any successful male don't you

bono, seger, stewart, even the freakin king AND THE BOSS

i've done heard it all

Cat Protector
April 16th 07, 08:13 PM
I fed my cats a lot of different brands even holistic ones. When one of my
cats came down with a UTI, I ended up going totally holistic which was a
long time ago. Regardless, I'm getting pretty tired of all the abuse going
on here on this list. It seems many here can't go 1 minute without trying to
abuse someone or call them names.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 16, 2:45 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> I've always subscribed to the more holistic brands for my cats diet.
>
> WTF??? Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you feeding
> them Friskies for a long time? Didn't you in fact protest whenever
> anyone tried to educate you to feed them a better diet, especially
> since you have a crystal prone kitty? Aren't you still feeding that
> crystal prone kitty a dry food diet?
>
> I'm glad you're feeding them better brands now, but I don't really
> think you're in a position to knock people for feeding Fancy Feast.

Cat Protector
April 16th 07, 08:18 PM
This group watches everyone because it's obvious many of you need to get a
life. I don't see how abusing and attacking people actually does any good.
It seems to me that many of you are acting like children and resorting to
name calling because someone like myself chooses not share your views. By
attacking others it only makes you look bad. So, why not grow up and keep
this thing on an adult level.

--

"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Believe what you want every time you open your mouth you prove you are a
> moron. I ma glad this group watches your dumb ass when you post to
> someone and THE GROUP puts you in place and provides the correct
> information to the OP. Someone like you is dangerous specially if someone
> id naive enough to believe you
>
> The person who recommended the diet is here in the group.I have never met
> him by I trust him for when he states something he backs it up with
> verifiable and easy checked facts. He already calls you a moron and I
> agree with him.
>
> You have definably become a pest and welcome to the "flushed" file
>
> "Cat Protector" >
>
> < snipped for being posted by a moron>

buglady
April 17th 07, 01:38 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
.. The meats used are not hormone injected
.........me too! Hormones aren't allowed in chickens.

>At least my cats are getting a brand that works.
........what works for you may not work for someone else.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Lynne
April 17th 07, 03:21 AM
on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:10:04 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> My intentions aren't good? Let me see, I love cats, take good care of
> them and work hard to keep them healthy and happy. So, how does that
> make melicious. You also claim I have never researched food. Have you
> been there right there with me when I've read up on a lot of foods?
> Have you physically gone to the store with me to research foods? Have
> you gone with me to the vet when one of my cats came down with a UTI
> and it was suggested to try a different food?

We can only go on what you post here. When you are asked for proof that
FF is crap, as you are so fond of repeating ad friggin nauseum, you offer
none. NO ONE is saying the food you are feeding your cats isn't good,
just that you can't back up your claims that FF is bad.

> The food I use doesn't have any corn, wheat or soy in it.

This is good.

> It doesn't have any by-products.

This is not necessarily good. Cats eat the entire mouse, including the
"by-products" so when by-products are not included in the food, they have
to be supplemented with something else. Typically this is with
additives, and every nutritionist worth his or her salt will tell you
that added vitamins and minerals are NOT as well absorbed as the real
deal. Whole foods in as close to their natural state as possible is what
you should be aiming for when feeding a cat. Or anyone, actually.

> The meats used are not hormone injected and is
> the free range stuff. It also doesn't have any additives,

Uh, the following ingredients in your BB are all additives. Did you
seriously not know that??

> Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium
> Chloride, Sea Salt, Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid
> Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino
> Acid Complex (source of Chelated Manganese), Copper Amino Acid
> Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E,
> Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Choline
> Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitriate,
> Biotin, Taurine.

> I'd say it's pretty healthy although I'm sure the naysayers will
> probably say it's all crap. At least my cats are getting a brand that
> works.

No one is saying it's not healthy or that it's crap. It's just not ideal
for every cat.

If you would refrain from posting things about which you know very little
to nothing, you might find people being more pleasant to you. But maybe
not, since you are dim witted and whiney.

--
Lynne

Lynne
April 17th 07, 03:31 AM
on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:58:01 GMT, "Sherry" > wrote:

> Oh, yeah. You always did, CP. You discovered Special Kitty was 25
> cents
> a can, and you fell on your knees and sang hosannas right here on this
> newsgroup.

Haha!! I just have to applaud your use of imagery there! Most excellent.

> We tried to convince you THEN about more spending a
> little more and feeding a decent food, and you just argued about it.
> NOW you're claiming Fancy FEast is crap food, but you can't quite seem
> to come up with any comparisons. Don't you understand why no one
> here quite wants to take your word as the authority on cat food?
> You've been asked (several times) to back up your claims. Are you
> just not able to do that?

I don't think he can. When are the slow going to learn that repeating the
same thing over and over is never going to make it true?

--
Lynne

Lynne
April 17th 07, 03:33 AM
on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:19:07 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> Lynne does accept when she is wrong (which is hardly
> ever incidentally..)

Hahaha! I'm wrong a lot!! But yes, I will admit it without hesitation.

Only stupid people think they know everything.

--
Lynne

Matthew
April 17th 07, 03:34 AM
Lynne I got tired of him. I kill filed him his stupidity was making my
stomach turn

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:10:04 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
> wrote:
>
>> My intentions aren't good? Let me see, I love cats, take good care of
>> them and work hard to keep them healthy and happy. So, how does that
>> make melicious. You also claim I have never researched food. Have you
>> been there right there with me when I've read up on a lot of foods?
>> Have you physically gone to the store with me to research foods? Have
>> you gone with me to the vet when one of my cats came down with a UTI
>> and it was suggested to try a different food?
>
> We can only go on what you post here. When you are asked for proof that
> FF is crap, as you are so fond of repeating ad friggin nauseum, you offer
> none. NO ONE is saying the food you are feeding your cats isn't good,
> just that you can't back up your claims that FF is bad.
>
>> The food I use doesn't have any corn, wheat or soy in it.
>
> This is good.
>
>> It doesn't have any by-products.
>
> This is not necessarily good. Cats eat the entire mouse, including the
> "by-products" so when by-products are not included in the food, they have
> to be supplemented with something else. Typically this is with
> additives, and every nutritionist worth his or her salt will tell you
> that added vitamins and minerals are NOT as well absorbed as the real
> deal. Whole foods in as close to their natural state as possible is what
> you should be aiming for when feeding a cat. Or anyone, actually.
>
>> The meats used are not hormone injected and is
>> the free range stuff. It also doesn't have any additives,
>
> Uh, the following ingredients in your BB are all additives. Did you
> seriously not know that??
>
>> Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium
>> Chloride, Sea Salt, Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid
>> Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino
>> Acid Complex (source of Chelated Manganese), Copper Amino Acid
>> Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E,
>> Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Choline
>> Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitriate,
>> Biotin, Taurine.
>
>> I'd say it's pretty healthy although I'm sure the naysayers will
>> probably say it's all crap. At least my cats are getting a brand that
>> works.
>
> No one is saying it's not healthy or that it's crap. It's just not ideal
> for every cat.
>
> If you would refrain from posting things about which you know very little
> to nothing, you might find people being more pleasant to you. But maybe
> not, since you are dim witted and whiney.
>
> --
> Lynne

Lynne
April 17th 07, 03:35 AM
on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:18:22 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> This group watches everyone because it's obvious many of you need to
> get a life. I don't see how abusing and attacking people actually does
> any good. It seems to me that many of you are acting like children and
> resorting to name calling because someone like myself chooses not
> share your views. By attacking others it only makes you look bad. So,
> why not grow up and keep this thing on an adult level.

Ooooh, now you're a net nanny, too!

Sheese.

--
Lynne

Lynne
April 17th 07, 03:37 AM
on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 02:34:44 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Lynne I got tired of him. I kill filed him his stupidity was making my
> stomach turn

I'm still having fun with him. Forgive me!

--
Lynne

Sherry
April 17th 07, 05:21 AM
On Apr 16, 2:13 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I fed my cats a lot of different brands even holistic ones. When one of my
> cats came down with a UTI, I ended up going totally holistic which was a
> long time ago. Regardless, I'm getting pretty tired of all the abuse going
> on here on this list. It seems many here can't go 1 minute without trying to
> abuse someone or call them names.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!www.catgalaxymedia.com

OK, CP, now you're just telling whoppers. I remember when Icarus came
down
with a UTI and you fed him Science Diet prescription. I also remember
you
switching them to Purina One. I remember this specifically because I
was impressed you made the jump all the way from Special Kitty to P1.
That was NOT more than a year ago you were feeding Purina One. Don't
make me google again.
Neither Science Diet nor Purina One are "holistic" foods. What's your
definition
of holistic anyway?

Sherry

Meghan Noecker
April 17th 07, 08:36 AM
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:18:22 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>This group watches everyone because it's obvious many of you need to get a
>life. I don't see how abusing and attacking people actually does any good.
>It seems to me that many of you are acting like children and resorting to
>name calling because someone like myself chooses not share your views. By
>attacking others it only makes you look bad. So, why not grow up and keep
>this thing on an adult level.

You attack people just as much as anybody else. You responded to
several of my posts, claimed my cats were overweight (they aren't) and
never answered any of my questions to back up your claims. You dropped
the subject when I replied yet again that my cats are not overweight.

I am always open to trying better things, but I am not going to try
something or give up something based on an opinion from somebody who
cannot back their claims.

On the topic of canned foods, what high quality premium foods are
available in 3 oz cans? I have two cats that cannot finsih off a 3 oz
can at one time and refuse to eat saved leftovers. As of now, the
higest quality food I can find in a 3 oz can is Fancy Feast. I don't
want to buy larger cans and throw most of it out.

Meghan Noecker
April 17th 07, 08:44 AM
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:10:04 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>"Tuna, Fish Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Whitefish, Brown Rice, Sweet
>Potatoes, Carrots, Eggs, Broccoli, Wild Rice, Cranberries, Blueberries,
>Yellow Squash, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Sea Salt,
>Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex,
>Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated
>Manganese), Copper Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate,
>Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium
>Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
>Thiamine Mononitriate, Biotin, Taurine."

Brown Rice, Sweet, Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Wild Rice,
Cranberries, Blueberries, Yellow Squash,

What use are any of these for cats? Why are they in the food?

What country are they are from? Wouldn't it be just eas easy for them
to get contaiminated rice as it was for all those foods with
contaminated wheat gluten?

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 04:14 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> Ok you want proof. I invite you to read the labels between the holistic
> brands and FF. You will see a big difference in quality.

Telling someone to read the labels of "holistic" foods and FF is not proof -
if for no other reason than you do not specify *WHICH* "holistic cat food
you mean. There are dozens of brands of "holistic" food offered, each with
a different set of ingredients, but most of them carp that's labeled
"holistic" to dupe fools like you.

Also, I have serious doubts that you shell out the bucks for a decent diet
for your cats when I've read your posts about "cost saving", some about cat
food: http://tinyurl.com/2z7gr6, some about using the Humane Society for
your cats' vacs so you wouldn't have to pay the cost of an physical
examination, http://tinyurl.com/25vlsl, some about using human toothpaste to
save a buck on cat toothpaste: http://tinyurl.com/2a2h94, and I quote:

"I am now attempting to get in the habit of brushing my cats teeth and am
wondering if I can use a regular toothbrush and what non-harmful toothpaste
I can use for them? I would buy the toothpaste they have at Petsmart but
they wanted a little too much money. Can our human toothpaste be used for
cats?" You then went on for several posts defending your cheapness.

Finally, tell me *EXACTLY* what brand of "holistic" cat food you mean and
*THEN* I will be able to read for myself the differences in quality. Until
then you have not proved that you know your ass from a hole in the ground.

I, on the other hand, *HAVE* read the labels of the foods I feem my cats,
Fancy Feast "pate" varieties - and I've posted it here at least a few times
(http://www.possibleplaces.com/fancy_feast_values/), but since you seem
incapable of learning, I don't guess posting it again here will do the least
bit of good.

CatNipped

body sweat
April 17th 07, 04:33 PM
On Apr 17, 11:14 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/2z7gr6, some about using the Humane Society for
> your cats' vacs so you wouldn't have to pay the cost of an physical
> examination
> http://tinyurl.com/25vlsl, some about using human toothpaste to
> save a buck on cat toothpaste:http://tinyurl.com/2a2h94, and I quote:
>
> "I am now attempting to get in the habit of brushing my cats teeth and am
> wondering if I can use a regular toothbrush and what non-harmful toothpaste
> I can use for them? I would buy the toothpaste they have at Petsmart but
> they wanted a little too much money. Can our human toothpaste be used for
> cats?" You then went on for several posts defending your cheapness.

damn woman, lol

Hello CatNipped.

I love your site! Sammy is a huuuuge cat. I bet he's one big hug.

Sherry
April 17th 07, 04:48 PM
On Apr 17, 2:44 am, Meghan Noecker > wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:10:04 -0700, "Cat Protector"
>
> > wrote:
>
> >"Tuna, Fish Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Whitefish, Brown Rice, Sweet
> >Potatoes, Carrots, Eggs, Broccoli, Wild Rice, Cranberries, Blueberries,
> >Yellow Squash, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Sea Salt,
> >Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex,
> >Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated
> >Manganese), Copper Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate,
> >Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium
> >Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
> >Thiamine Mononitriate, Biotin, Taurine."
>
> Brown Rice, Sweet, Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Wild Rice,
> Cranberries, Blueberries, Yellow Squash,
>
> What use are any of these for cats? Why are they in the food?
>
> What country are they are from? Wouldn't it be just eas easy for them
> to get contaiminated rice as it was for all those foods with
> contaminated wheat gluten?

I don't get it either, Meghan. I mean, it sounds all nice and
appetizing, much more
so than the average bag of catfood ingredients. But I always wonder if
it's a
marketing thing aimed more at the human with the checkbook than the
cat.
I'm pretty gullible though, and easy to convince. I wish someone here
would
explain why NUTRITIONALLY cat food has vegetables now (*organic* ones,
no less).
Using the manufacturer of the food as a source for info doesn't
count!! :-)

Sherry

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 04:59 PM
"body sweat" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 17, 11:14 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2z7gr6, some about using the Humane Society for
>> your cats' vacs so you wouldn't have to pay the cost of an physical
>> examination
>> http://tinyurl.com/25vlsl, some about using human toothpaste to
>> save a buck on cat toothpaste:http://tinyurl.com/2a2h94, and I quote:
>>
>> "I am now attempting to get in the habit of brushing my cats teeth and am
>> wondering if I can use a regular toothbrush and what non-harmful
>> toothpaste
>> I can use for them? I would buy the toothpaste they have at Petsmart but
>> they wanted a little too much money. Can our human toothpaste be used for
>> cats?" You then went on for several posts defending your cheapness.
>
> damn woman, lol
>

> Hello CatNipped.
>
> I love your site! Sammy is a huuuuge cat. I bet he's one big hug.

*She* (Sammy is short for Samantha) is huge - we don't call her Samazon for
nothing! ;>

Regarding CP - he's an ass and most sensible people here have him killfiled
(guess that means I'm not sensible, but then again unlike CP I don't claim
to be all-knowing and all-powerful!!!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 05:13 PM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 17, 2:44 am, Meghan Noecker > wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:10:04 -0700, "Cat Protector"
>>
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >"Tuna, Fish Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Whitefish, Brown Rice, Sweet
>> >Potatoes, Carrots, Eggs, Broccoli, Wild Rice, Cranberries, Blueberries,
>> >Yellow Squash, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Sea
>> >Salt,
>> >Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid
>> >Complex,
>> >Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated
>> >Manganese), Copper Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A
>> >Acetate,
>> >Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium
>> >Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
>> >Thiamine Mononitriate, Biotin, Taurine."
>>
>> Brown Rice, Sweet, Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Wild Rice,
>> Cranberries, Blueberries, Yellow Squash,
>>
>> What use are any of these for cats? Why are they in the food?
>>
>> What country are they are from? Wouldn't it be just eas easy for them
>> to get contaiminated rice as it was for all those foods with
>> contaminated wheat gluten?
>
> I don't get it either, Meghan. I mean, it sounds all nice and
> appetizing, much more
> so than the average bag of catfood ingredients. But I always wonder if
> it's a
> marketing thing aimed more at the human with the checkbook than the
> cat.
> I'm pretty gullible though, and easy to convince. I wish someone here
> would
> explain why NUTRITIONALLY cat food has vegetables now (*organic* ones,
> no less).
> Using the manufacturer of the food as a source for info doesn't
> count!! :-)
>
> Sherry

All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
minutes....

Cats evolved in a desert climate. They had very little plant material and
almost no free water in their environment. They got all the "by-products"
they needed from their prey - and their prey, being composed of appx. 75%
water, filled their hydration needs.

Cats are "obligate carnivores" (obligate meaning obliged, or forced, to a
meat-only diet). About 95% of the vegetable matter put into cat food is
there only for "filler" - it mostly just passes through cats' digestive
system without being absorbed into or used by their bodies (so that
percentage of the food you buy does nothing except fill the litter box with
more crap - that's why people are so surprised by how much less they have to
scoop when they switch to a premium cat food). Dry cat food commercials
make me laugh when they show beautiful carrots and other veggies that may
appeal to a cat's owner, but not to a cat.

Since cats were not evolved to drink their water, they mostly don't drink
enough when they are fed dry food (thus the high incidence of kidney and
urinary tract problems for cats fed a dry-only diet). Since canned cat food
is composed of appx. 75% water, this meets their hydration needs perfectly.

Oops, off my soapbox now - sorry for the lecture Sherry, you probably
already know all this!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
April 17th 07, 05:26 PM
"Sherry" > wrote
> I don't get it either, Meghan. I mean, it sounds all nice and
> appetizing, much more
> so than the average bag of catfood ingredients. But I always wonder if
> it's a
> marketing thing aimed more at the human with the checkbook than the
> cat.

dingdingding! We have a winner!

Sherry
April 17th 07, 05:29 PM
On Apr 17, 11:13 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> "Sherry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On Apr 17, 2:44 am, Meghan Noecker > wrote:
> >> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:10:04 -0700, "Cat Protector"

> >> Brown Rice, Sweet, Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Wild Rice,
> >> Cranberries, Blueberries, Yellow Squash,
>
> >> What use are any of these for cats? Why are they in the food?
>
> >> What country are they are from? Wouldn't it be just eas easy for them
> >> to get contaiminated rice as it was for all those foods with
> >> contaminated wheat gluten?
>
> > I don't get it either, Meghan. I mean, it sounds all nice and
> > appetizing, much more
> > so than the average bag of catfood ingredients. But I always wonder if
> > it's a
> > marketing thing aimed more at the human with the checkbook than the
> > cat.
> > I'm pretty gullible though, and easy to convince. I wish someone here
> > would
> > explain why NUTRITIONALLY cat food has vegetables now (*organic* ones,
> > no less).
> > Using the manufacturer of the food as a source for info doesn't
> > count!! :-)
>
> > Sherry
>
> All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
> minutes....
>
> Cats evolved in a desert climate. They had very little plant material and
> almost no free water in their environment. They got all the "by-products"
> they needed from their prey - and their prey, being composed of appx. 75%
> water, filled their hydration needs.
>
> Cats are "obligate carnivores" (obligate meaning obliged, or forced, to a
> meat-only diet). About 95% of the vegetable matter put into cat food is
> there only for "filler" - it mostly just passes through cats' digestive
> system without being absorbed into or used by their bodies (so that
> percentage of the food you buy does nothing except fill the litter box with
> more crap - that's why people are so surprised by how much less they have to
> scoop when they switch to a premium cat food). Dry cat food commercials
> make me laugh when they show beautiful carrots and other veggies that may
> appeal to a cat's owner, but not to a cat.
>
> Since cats were not evolved to drink their water, they mostly don't drink
> enough when they are fed dry food (thus the high incidence of kidney and
> urinary tract problems for cats fed a dry-only diet). Since canned cat food
> is composed of appx. 75% water, this meets their hydration needs perfectly.
>
> Oops, off my soapbox now - sorry for the lecture Sherry, you probably
> already know all this!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

That's good food for thought (pardon the pun)...and a good post.

Sherry

cybercat
April 17th 07, 05:48 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
> minutes....

[snips]

Excellent, intelligent post, CN! Way to weight the IQ ratio for the
better!

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 05:56 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>> Ok you want proof. I invite you to read the labels between the holistic
>> brands and FF. You will see a big difference in quality.
>
> Telling someone to read the labels of "holistic" foods and FF is not
> proof - if for no other reason than you do not specify *WHICH* "holistic
> cat food you mean. There are dozens of brands of "holistic" food offered,
> each with a different set of ingredients, but most of them carp that's
> labeled "holistic" to dupe fools like you.
>
> Also, I have serious doubts that you shell out the bucks for a decent diet
> for your cats when I've read your posts about "cost saving", some about
> cat food: http://tinyurl.com/2z7gr6,

And I find this, written by CP in the above referenced thread, particularly
ironic given his initial response to my post!!!! ;>

"It seems every time we have the food debate some people act like snobs by
saying their foods are better and that those who feed their cats a certain
brand they feel aren't as good are picked on or not ok. I think we should
drop the food subject because all it does is create a flame war."

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 06:28 PM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 17, 11:13 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:
>> "Sherry" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...

>> > I don't get it either, Meghan. I mean, it sounds all nice and
>> > appetizing, much more
>> > so than the average bag of catfood ingredients. But I always wonder if
>> > it's a
>> > marketing thing aimed more at the human with the checkbook than the
>> > cat.
>> > I'm pretty gullible though, and easy to convince. I wish someone here
>> > would
>> > explain why NUTRITIONALLY cat food has vegetables now (*organic* ones,
>> > no less).
>> > Using the manufacturer of the food as a source for info doesn't
>> > count!! :-)
>>
>> > Sherry
>>
>> All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
>> minutes....
>>
>> Cats evolved in a desert climate. They had very little plant material
>> and
>> almost no free water in their environment. They got all the
>> "by-products"
>> they needed from their prey - and their prey, being composed of appx. 75%
>> water, filled their hydration needs.
>>
>> Cats are "obligate carnivores" (obligate meaning obliged, or forced, to a
>> meat-only diet). About 95% of the vegetable matter put into cat food is
>> there only for "filler" - it mostly just passes through cats' digestive
>> system without being absorbed into or used by their bodies (so that
>> percentage of the food you buy does nothing except fill the litter box
>> with
>> more crap - that's why people are so surprised by how much less they have
>> scoop when they switch to a premium cat food). Dry cat food commercials
>> make me laugh when they show beautiful carrots and other veggies that may
>> appeal to a cat's owner, but not to a cat.
>>
>> Since cats were not evolved to drink their water, they mostly don't drink
>> enough when they are fed dry food (thus the high incidence of kidney and
>> urinary tract problems for cats fed a dry-only diet). Since canned cat
>> food
>> is composed of appx. 75% water, this meets their hydration needs
>> perfectly.
>>
>> Oops, off my soapbox now - sorry for the lecture Sherry, you probably
>> already know all this!
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> That's good food for thought (pardon the pun)...and a good post.
>
> Sherry

Thank you. Ironically, it took me many years to stop and "think about" it.
For 15 years I listened slavishly to my vet who advised me to feed Bandit
Science Diet dry (and didn't even think to question the fact that he also
sold that cat food in his practice). To be honest, Bandit did extremely
well on that diet for 15 years until I found out better (she's 17 now and
her creatinin and BUN values still rival those of a young cat).

But when I did, *finally*, stop and think about it I was blown away by the
obvious logic and wondered why I didn't think of it sooner (I *did* know how
and where cats evolved, being an allurophile I've read everything about cats
that I can get my hands on).

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 06:30 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>> All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
>> minutes....
>>
> [snips]
>
> Excellent, intelligent post, CN! Way to weight the IQ ratio for the
> better!

Was that a fat crack!!!??! Are you making fat jokes!!????!!!!! LOL!

Thanks CC, I try to do my part, but when you have CP at one end of the scale
you need two-ton Annie on the other to overcome the stupidity he spews! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sherry
April 17th 07, 06:55 PM
On Apr 17, 12:28�pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> "Sherry" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On Apr 17, 11:13 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> >> "Sherry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> >> All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
> >> minutes....
>
> >> Cats evolved in a desert climate. *They had very little plant material
> >> and
> >> almost no free water in their environment. *They got all the
> >> "by-products"
> >> they needed from their prey - and their prey, being composed of appx. 75%
> >> water, filled their hydration needs.
>
> >> Cats are "obligate carnivores" (obligate meaning obliged, or forced, to a
> >> meat-only diet). *About 95% of the vegetable matter put into cat food is
> >> there only for "filler" - it mostly just passes through cats' digestive
> >> system without being absorbed into or used by their bodies (so that
> >> percentage of the food you buy does nothing except fill the litter box
> >> with
> >> more crap - that's why people are so surprised by how much less they have
> >> scoop when they switch to a premium cat food). *Dry cat food commercials
> >> make me laugh when they show beautiful carrots and other veggies that may
> >> appeal to a cat's owner, but not to a cat.
>
> >> Since cats were not evolved to drink their water, they mostly don't drink
> >> enough when they are fed dry food (thus the high incidence of kidney and
> >> urinary tract problems for cats fed a dry-only diet). *Since canned cat
> >> food
> >> is composed of appx. 75% water, this meets their hydration needs
> >> perfectly.
>
> >> Oops, off my soapbox now - sorry for the lecture Sherry, you probably
> >> already know all this!
>
> >> Hugs,
>
> >> CatNipped
>
> > That's good food for thought (pardon the pun)...and a good post.
>
> > Sherry
>
> Thank you. *Ironically, it took me many years to stop and "think about" it.
> For 15 years I listened slavishly to my vet who advised me to feed Bandit
> Science Diet dry (and didn't even think to question the fact that he also
> sold that cat food in his practice). *To be honest, Bandit did extremely
> well on that diet for 15 years until I found out better (she's 17 now and
> her creatinin and BUN values still rival those of a young cat).
>
> But when I did, *finally*, stop and think about it I was blown away by the
> obvious logic and wondered why I didn't think of it sooner (I *did* know how
> and where cats evolved, being an allurophile I've read everything about cats
> that I can get my hands on).
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

The only obvious missing component to the prey-substitution diet
is....the crunchy things/
hard to tear/chew things. I don't think we'll ever see "Purina Bones,
Fur & Feathers Chow." Kibble
doesn't really replace those things, because they don't use their
teeth that much to chew it. I remember
reading way back about people who fed their cats raw chicken (was it
the necks?) Anyway, I was
always too creeped out to do that.

Sherry

Sherry

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 07:13 PM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> [...]
> her creatinin and BUN values still rival those of a young cat).
>
> But when I did, *finally*, stop and think about it I was blown away by the
> obvious logic and wondered why I didn't think of it sooner (I *did* know
> how
> and where cats evolved, being an allurophile I've read everything about
> cats
> that I can get my hands on).
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

The only obvious missing component to the prey-substitution diet
is....the crunchy things/
hard to tear/chew things. I don't think we'll ever see "Purina Bones,
Fur & Feathers Chow." Kibble
doesn't really replace those things, because they don't use their
teeth that much to chew it. I remember
reading way back about people who fed their cats raw chicken (was it

Bandit makes up for it by biting on me [DH says I'm bony]! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
April 17th 07, 07:13 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> And I find this, written by CP in the above referenced thread,
> particularly ironic given his initial response to my post!!!! ;>
>
> "It seems every time we have the food debate some people act like snobs by
> saying their foods are better and that those who feed their cats a certain
> brand they feel aren't as good are picked on or not ok. I think we should
> drop the food subject because all it does is create a flame war."

Hypocrisy, one of the hallmarks of stupidity. Like someone who has
lied to you from the first day complaining that you lied to them.

cybercat
April 17th 07, 07:20 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
>> Excellent, intelligent post, CN! Way to weight the IQ ratio for the
>> better!
>
> Was that a fat crack!!!??! Are you making fat jokes!!????!!!!! LOL!

Noooo, dahlink! It was my convoluted way of saying that your post was a
smarter than average post for the group, given that we now have CP spouting
horse **** and Barry telling someone with a cat with heart disease that the
diagnosis means "air in the heart." He knows better of course, but just the
fact that he would post this horse **** and think it was funny tells you all
you
need to know about his intelligence level. Yessirree, I likes em big and
dumb.

> Thanks CC, I try to do my part, but when you have CP at one end of the
> scale you need two-ton Annie on the other to overcome the stupidity he
> spews! ;>

hahaha! You have been missed. It's good to see you back.

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 07:59 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>> Excellent, intelligent post, CN! Way to weight the IQ ratio for the
>>> better!
>>
>> Was that a fat crack!!!??! Are you making fat jokes!!????!!!!! LOL!
>
> Noooo, dahlink! It was my convoluted way of saying that your post was a
> smarter than average post for the group, given that we now have CP
> spouting

Danke!

> horse **** and Barry telling someone with a cat with heart disease that
> the
> diagnosis means "air in the heart." He knows better of course, but just
> the
> fact that he would post this horse **** and think it was funny tells you
> all you
> need to know about his intelligence level. Yessirree, I likes em big and
> dumb.
>

>> Thanks CC, I try to do my part, but when you have CP at one end of the
>> scale you need two-ton Annie on the other to overcome the stupidity he
>> spews! ;>
>>
> hahaha! You have been missed. It's good to see you back.

Good to be back (or front - it's just good to be!!!). I seem to be
disinherited from my old stomping grounds (I think because I committed the
sin of telling like it is rather than issuing blanket "purrs" once too
often), so it's good to have somewhere else to haunt! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
April 17th 07, 08:04 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote

> Good to be back (or front - it's just good to be!!!). I seem to be
> disinherited from my old stomping grounds (I think because I committed the
> sin of telling like it is rather than issuing blanket "purrs" once too
> often), so it's good to have somewhere else to haunt! ;>

Cool! You're a reformed anecdolt. I knew this time was coming!
{hug} (I could use one myself, I have been boo hooing over the
VA Tech killings, much to my surprise. This one hit me a lot harder
than the other heinous events we are all getting too used to.)

Lynne
April 17th 07, 08:16 PM
on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:04:14 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> I have been boo hooing over the
> VA Tech killings, much to my surprise. This one hit me a lot harder
> than the other heinous events we are all getting too used to.

You and me both. Virginia Tech is my alma mater. Blacksburg is the place
that feels most like home to me after living there for over 8 years and
starting my family there. I spent an anxious night contacting friends who
are professors in the College of Engineering and friends who still live in
Blacksburg. Any relief I feel when I find out another friend is okay is
very short lived. So many people are not okay, and their families and
friends are not okay.

What a nightmare. I can't stop crying.

--
Lynne

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 08:19 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>
>> Good to be back (or front - it's just good to be!!!). I seem to be
>> disinherited from my old stomping grounds (I think because I committed
>> the sin of telling like it is rather than issuing blanket "purrs" once
>> too often), so it's good to have somewhere else to haunt! ;>
>>

> Cool! You're a reformed anecdolt. I knew this time was coming!
> {hug} (I could use one myself, I have been boo hooing over the
> VA Tech killings, much to my surprise. This one hit me a lot harder
> than the other heinous events we are all getting too used to.)

Yeah, I was just talking to a coworker about this. Since it was first
thought to be a domestic shooting, I was prompted to ask what is it about
men that they have to kill the woman who dumped them (and very often her
friends and family as well), and then kill themselves (isn't just killing
themselves good enough do they really need to take along innocent
bystanders??!).

It's like a man gets dumped and he shoots 32 people - a woman gets dumped
and she kills a gallon of chocolate ice cream!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sherry
April 17th 07, 08:26 PM
On Apr 17, 2:16�pm, Lynne > wrote:
> on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:04:14 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > I have been boo hooing over the
> > VA Tech killings, much to my surprise. This one hit me a lot harder
> > than the other heinous events we are all getting too used to.
>
> You and me both. *Virginia Tech is my alma mater. *Blacksburg is the place
> that feels most like home to me after living there for over 8 years and
> starting my family there. *I spent an anxious night contacting friends who
> are professors in the College of Engineering and friends who still live in
> Blacksburg. *Any relief I feel when I find out another friend is okay is
> very short lived. *So many people are not okay, and their families and
> friends are not okay.
>
> What a nightmare. *I can't stop crying.
>
> --
> Lynne

I'm very sorry, Lynn. You described what it was like for us after the
OKC bombing--waiting
to see who was on the list you hadn't heard about yet. It *is* exactly
like a nightmare. Just
a surreal thing whose enormity doesn't sink in right away. You just
can't wrap your brain around
it. Then you start to wrap your brain around it, but that just makes
it worse. And it keeps getting worse.
I am so, so sorry, sorry for everyone invovled. For the victims, for
the families and friends. And for all
of us because I am terribly afraid news like this isn't as shocking
and horrible to me personally as it should
be, like it used to be. Does that even make sense. Probably not. You
are all in my prayers.

Sherry

cybercat
April 17th 07, 08:45 PM
"Lynne" > wrote
> You and me both. Virginia Tech is my alma mater. Blacksburg is the place
> that feels most like home to me after living there for over 8 years and
> starting my family there. I spent an anxious night contacting friends who
> are professors in the College of Engineering and friends who still live in
> Blacksburg. Any relief I feel when I find out another friend is okay is
> very short lived. So many people are not okay, and their families and
> friends are not okay.
>
> What a nightmare. I can't stop crying.

I have done a lot of work at VT, in the library. Every time I went it was
in the spring. Every time I went the area, the drive in from Raleigh,
through
the mountains, over the New River just took my breath away. It's a
sweet place, a tiny town except for the college students. I'm so sorry,
Lynne.

cybercat
April 17th 07, 08:47 PM
"Sherry" > wrote
I am so, so sorry, sorry for everyone invovled. For the victims, for
the families and friends. And for all
of us because I am terribly afraid news like this isn't as shocking
and horrible to me personally as it should
be, like it used to be. Does that even make sense. Probably not. You
are all in my prayers.

It makes perfect sense, Sherry.

Lynne
April 17th 07, 08:57 PM
on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:26:03 GMT, Sherry > wrote:

> I'm very sorry, Lynn. You described what it was like for us after the
> OKC bombing--waiting
> to see who was on the list you hadn't heard about yet. It *is* exactly
> like a nightmare. Just
> a surreal thing whose enormity doesn't sink in right away. You just
> can't wrap your brain around
> it. Then you start to wrap your brain around it, but that just makes
> it worse. And it keeps getting worse.

That's exactly how it goes.

> I am so, so sorry, sorry for everyone invovled. For the victims, for
> the families and friends. And for all
> of us because I am terribly afraid news like this isn't as shocking
> and horrible to me personally as it should
> be, like it used to be. Does that even make sense. Probably not. You
> are all in my prayers.

It does make sense. If we allow ourselves to feel every tragedy as deeply
as we could, how would we ever function? I wish I could stop feeling this
one...

--
Lynne

Lynne
April 17th 07, 09:06 PM
on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:45:37 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> I have done a lot of work at VT, in the library. Every time I went it was
> in the spring. Every time I went the area, the drive in from Raleigh,
> through
> the mountains, over the New River just took my breath away. It's a
> sweet place, a tiny town except for the college students. I'm so sorry,
> Lynne.

It's very beautiful there. I'm glad you have seen it before this tragedy
occured.

Virginia Tech is a huge university, but the sense of community there is
very strong. It never felt big. It's an odd paradox, but it's such a
wonderful place in so many ways that many students find it hard to leave
the town of Blacksburg after they have finished their degrees. We used to
call it the "black hole" because it had such a strong pull on us.

I hope they are able to get back to that one day.

--
Lynne

cybercat
April 17th 07, 09:24 PM
"Lynne" > wrote

> It's very beautiful there. I'm glad you have seen it before this tragedy
> occured.
>
> Virginia Tech is a huge university, but the sense of community there is
> very strong. It never felt big. It's an odd paradox, but it's such a
> wonderful place in so many ways that many students find it hard to leave
> the town of Blacksburg after they have finished their degrees. We used to
> call it the "black hole" because it had such a strong pull on us.
>
> I hope they are able to get back to that one day.

Lynne, one miserable asshole cannot change VT forever, no matter how
heinous his acts. He's taken enough away, don't give him more power than
he had.

Lynne
April 18th 07, 12:16 AM
on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:24:53 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> Lynne, one miserable asshole cannot change VT forever, no matter how
> heinous his acts. He's taken enough away, don't give him more power
> than he had.

Did you see the convocation today? Nikki Giovanni closed the ceremony
with a powerful poem. She's a very dynamic, inspirational speaker (I
took a class with her once as an elective and loved her). She had
everyone on their feet cheering after this:

"We are Virginia Tech
We are sad today
And we will be sad for quite a while
We are not moving on
We are embracing our mourning

We are Virginia Tech
We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again

We are Virginia Tech
We do not understand this tragedy
We know we did nothing to deserve it
But neither does a child in Africa dying of AIDS
Neither do the invisible children walking the night away
To avoid being captured by a rogue army

Neither does the baby elephant watching his community be devastated for
ivory Neither does the Mexican child looking for fresh water
Neither did Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom
Raped and killed by a gang of African-American criminals
For no reason whatsoever
No one deserves a tragedy

We are Virginia Tech
The Hokie nation embraces our own
And reaches out with open heart and hands
To those who offer their hearts and minds
We are strong and brave
And innocent and unafraid

We are better than we think
And not quite what we want to be
We are alive to the imagination and the possibility
We will continue to invent the future
Through our blood and tears
Through all this sadness

We are the Hokies
We will prevail
We will prevail
We will prevail
We are... Virginia Tech."

--
Lynne

Cheryl
April 18th 07, 12:54 AM
On Tue 17 Apr 2007 07:16:35p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> Did you see the convocation today? Nikki Giovanni closed the
> ceremony with a powerful poem. She's a very dynamic,
> inspirational speaker (I took a class with her once as an
> elective and loved her). She had everyone on their feet
> cheering after this:

Whoa. I didn't see it, but I'm so glad you posted this poem. I hope
the kids there were able to hear and feel her message because it is
a powerful one. They are very lucky to have her there for guidence
through this tragedy. What a great message. I'm in tears reading
it.

I read your post about your ties to the univ and I send to you
soothing vibes to get past this. This was just senseless. This
shooter can't even be compared to terrorists who claim to have a
message to send with their actions. This guy just seemed to want to
play shoot'em up. Senseless. A waste.

--
Cheryl

body sweat
April 18th 07, 01:03 AM
On Apr 17, 4:06 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:45:37 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > I have done a lot of work at VT, in the library. Every time I went it was
> > in the spring. Every time I went the area, the drive in from Raleigh,
> > through
> > the mountains, over the New River just took my breath away. It's a
> > sweet place, a tiny town except for the college students. I'm so sorry,
> > Lynne.
>
> It's very beautiful there. I'm glad you have seen it before this tragedy
> occured.
>
> Virginia Tech is a huge university, but the sense of community there is
> very strong. It never felt big. It's an odd paradox, but it's such a
> wonderful place in so many ways that many students find it hard to leave
> the town of Blacksburg after they have finished their degrees. We used to
> call it the "black hole" because it had such a strong pull on us.
>
> I hope they are able to get back to that one day.

Things just keep changing more and more, yesterday is gone gone gone.

It is the hum of reality. It's not going to get any better, Im not a
gloom and doomist but we are deteriorating from the inside out. If the
kids parents had not smoked dope, or beat each other or had given
their son attention, this wouldn't have happened, if society had been
responsible and so on

They never had this kind of crap on Little House on the Prairie.

cybercat
April 18th 07, 01:12 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:24:53 GMT, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> Lynne, one miserable asshole cannot change VT forever, no matter how
>> heinous his acts. He's taken enough away, don't give him more power
>> than he had.
>
> Did you see the convocation today?

I did. I boohooed until I got lightheaded. It isn't just the brutality of
this
particular attack, or how close to home it is. It's partly the contrast with
the beautiful spring, in a heavenly place. And probably a little bit that my
father died this time of year (April 21) very suddenly. The heart is not
reasonable and anniversaries have an effect, if even just subconsciously.

I was so beside myself I even thought The Chimp in Chief did a nice
job. I had to go and lie down.

I especially liked that they had a muslim cleric as part of the service.

Lynne
April 18th 07, 01:36 AM
on Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:12:48 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> I did. I boohooed until I got lightheaded. It isn't just the brutality
> of this
> particular attack, or how close to home it is. It's partly the
> contrast with the beautiful spring, in a heavenly place. And probably
> a little bit that my father died this time of year (April 21) very
> suddenly. The heart is not reasonable and anniversaries have an
> effect, if even just subconsciously.

Of course they do, of course they do.

> I was so beside myself I even thought The Chimp in Chief did a nice
> job.

I thought he did as well, and it's the first time I've ever heard him
speak that he didn't **** me off.

> I had to go and lie down.
>
> I especially liked that they had a muslim cleric as part of the
> service.

That was a professor from the department of Electrical Engineering, one
of my old professors. I was very moved by what he said, and also by what
the Buddhist, Jewish and Christian ministers said. The ceremony was
truly beautiful. I was particularly impressed with how the ROTC student
musicians were able to perform under the circumstances.

There were thousands of students at the football field watching on the
big screens because they couldn't fit everyone in the coliseum. I think
the ceremony was a beautiful first step in the healing process. Nikki's
poem was a perfect way to close the ceremony.

I nearly hyperventilated from sobbing when the grieving man sitting
behind President Bush had to be helped out, though. Some of these
parents lost their only children.

*heavy sigh*

--
Lynne

cybercat
April 18th 07, 03:08 AM
"Lynne" > wrote

> I nearly hyperventilated from sobbing when the grieving man sitting
> behind President Bush had to be helped out, though. Some of these
> parents lost their only children.

I really am not sure I would survive such a thing.

body sweat
April 18th 07, 03:27 AM
On Apr 17, 10:08 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

> I really am not sure I would survive such a thing.

yeah, that would be very hard.

in comparison to other crimes, at least they can get closure on their
loss..
where... if a child was stolen.. that would torture the parent for a
life time

I imagine some folk just go numb

Cheryl
April 18th 07, 03:30 AM
On Tue 17 Apr 2007 10:08:09p, cybercat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:

> "Lynne" > wrote
>>
>> I nearly hyperventilated from sobbing when the grieving man
>> sitting behind President Bush had to be helped out, though.
>> Some of these parents lost their only children.
>>

> I really am not sure I would survive such a thing.

Yes, you would. It doesn't matter how you lose them, whether through
a senseless act of violence, or a senseless car accident. They will
heal, and they will remember their lost children with love and
memories. It will take a while.

--
Cheryl

Meghan Noecker
April 18th 07, 10:33 AM
On 17 Apr 2007 08:48:23 -0700, Sherry > wrote:

>I don't get it either, Meghan. I mean, it sounds all nice and
>appetizing, much more
>so than the average bag of catfood ingredients. But I always wonder if
>it's a
>marketing thing aimed more at the human with the checkbook than the
>cat.
>I'm pretty gullible though, and easy to convince. I wish someone here
>would
>explain why NUTRITIONALLY cat food has vegetables now (*organic* ones,
>no less).
>Using the manufacturer of the food as a source for info doesn't
>count!! :-)

I wouldn't mind it so much, but I spent years being told that I was
bad for letting my cat have veggies. His favorites were peas and
mushrooms.

I don't think there is anything bad about them being there, but I
don't see any good reason for them there. I think it is just hype to
raise the price of the food.

At the same time, that means more ingredients from various sources.
And if a toxin can get into wheat gluten, it can certainly be in
anything else. I don't think the poisoned food problem is because of
wheat gluten, per se, but because of cheap food products being
imported from countries that do not follow the same standards
regarding food. And this could happen to ANY ingredient.

Barry
April 18th 07, 01:24 PM
On Apr 18, 5:33 am, Meghan Noecker > wrote:

> I wouldn't mind it so much, but I spent years being told that I was
> bad for letting my cat have veggies. His favorites were peas and
> mushrooms.

I love your approach to cat food.
Remember we were also told eggs were bad, then it was coffee then it
was wine

I finally resolved to listen to my body... I think it's safe for the
most part to let a cat decide what they like and don't like. (knowing
they are so equal to the task of surviving)

A Cat
April 19th 07, 11:17 PM
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:10:04 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>My intentions aren't good? Let me see, I love cats, take good care of them
>and work hard to keep them healthy and happy. So, how does that make
>melicious. You also claim I have never researched food. Have you been there
>right there with me when I've read up on a lot of foods? Have you physically
>gone to the store with me to research foods? Have you gone with me to the
>vet when one of my cats came down with a UTI and it was suggested to try a
>different food?
>
>The food I use doesn't have any corn, wheat or soy in it. It doesn't have
>any by-products. The meats used are not hormone injected and is the free
>range stuff. It also doesn't have any additives, and has cranberries in it
>for urinary tract health. Basically it's humane grade which means we could
>eat it. For example, here are the ingredients for one of the canned
>variety's of the Spa Select. This is what's in the tuna one.
>
>"Tuna, Fish Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Whitefish, Brown Rice, Sweet
>Potatoes, Carrots, Eggs, Broccoli, Wild Rice, Cranberries, Blueberries,
>Yellow Squash, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Sea Salt,
>Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex,
>Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated
>Manganese), Copper Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate,
>Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium
>Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
>Thiamine Mononitriate, Biotin, Taurine."
>
>I'd say it's pretty healthy although I'm sure the naysayers will probably
>say it's all crap. At least my cats are getting a brand that works.

Blue Buffalo, of Wilton, Conn., followed Thursday by recalling 5,044
bags of its Spa Select Kitten dry food. The company intercepted most
of the kitten food before it reached distribution centers, company
co-founder Billy Bishop said.

They'll probably add the rest of their line too.....so how do you feel
now?

Cat Protector
April 21st 07, 06:28 AM
They'll probably add the rest of their line? And you know this how? Only
5,044 bags of kitten food went out to retailers and the rest of it was never
sent out. The rest of the Blue Spa Select line isn't affected because they
didn't use Wilbur-Ellis for any other cat line. Wilbur-Ellis also never
disclosed to Blue Buffalo that they got the rice protein concentrate from
China and they have also stated it as such. Before you start spouting that
things will be happening I suggest you take time to read the facts.

Melamine was also found in hog feed as well from ground up animal food. Are
you now going to also state that every pig in the United States will
probably be killed now even though some of them in California tested
positive for having melamine in their systems? Yes, a food recall of this
magnitude is scary but this could hit any industry at any time.

--

"A Cat" > wrote in message

> Blue Buffalo, of Wilton, Conn., followed Thursday by recalling 5,044
> bags of its Spa Select Kitten dry food. The company intercepted most
> of the kitten food before it reached distribution centers, company
> co-founder Billy Bishop said.
>

> They'll probably add the rest of their line too.....so how do you feel
> now?

Lynne
April 21st 07, 12:57 PM
on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:28:25 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> They'll probably add the rest of their line? And you know this how?
> Only 5,044 bags of kitten food went out to retailers and the rest of
> it was never sent out. The rest of the Blue Spa Select line isn't
> affected because they didn't use Wilbur-Ellis for any other cat line.
> Wilbur-Ellis also never disclosed to Blue Buffalo that they got the
> rice protein concentrate from China and they have also stated it as
> such. Before you start spouting that things will be happening I
> suggest you take time to read the facts.
>
> Melamine was also found in hog feed as well from ground up animal
> food. Are you now going to also state that every pig in the United
> States will probably be killed now even though some of them in
> California tested positive for having melamine in their systems? Yes,
> a food recall of this magnitude is scary but this could hit any
> industry at any time.

Your precious Blue Buffalo bought cheap ingredients from China just like
the crappy (and some not so crappy) brands did. Get off your high horse.
Hopefully it will end up being limited to the food they have already
identified, but people are in a panic you ass, they are not personally
attacking *you* because of your BB cock sucking attitude.

You are such a ****.

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Cat Protector
April 23rd 07, 08:26 AM
High horse? It's been you and the others attacking me in chat because I'm
not a part of your clique. Blue Buffalo didn't purchase rice protein
concentrate from China directly. It was Wilbur-Ellis who purchased it from
China and failed to tell both Blue Buffalo about it and they are upset about
it. Blue was also the only company that I'm aware of that also issued a
formal apology as soon as this was discovered.

BTW, can't you act like an adult? How is calling me names going to solve
anything? Can't you post without the name calling?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...

> Your precious Blue Buffalo bought cheap ingredients from China just like
> the crappy (and some not so crappy) brands did. Get off your high horse.
> Hopefully it will end up being limited to the food they have already
> identified, but people are in a panic you ass, they are not personally
> attacking *you* because of your BB cock sucking attitude.
>
> You are such a ****.
>
> --
> Lynne
>

> "We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
> We are brave enough to bend to cry
> And sad enough to know
> We must laugh again"
>
> ~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Barry
April 23rd 07, 02:52 PM
On Apr 23, 3:26 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> High horse? It's been you and the others attacking me in chat because I'm
> not a part of your clique.

Now now, you come outcha mouth with black stuff, then when you got the
desired response you become the victim?

You're just sore cause Sherry, then PUNCH called you on your
hypocrisies.

You have been caught with a bad attitude.

Just fix it and move on.

Cat Protector
April 23rd 07, 03:52 PM
My point is proven. If I'm not a part of the group and agree with everything
Lynne, Sherry and the rest of the followers say, I'm basically called names
and attacked. Apparently now, the race card is now dealt. Black stuff? I'm
not black.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Now now, you come outcha mouth with black stuff, then when you got the
> desired response you become the victim?
>
> You're just sore cause Sherry, then PUNCH called you on your
> hypocrisies.
>
> You have been caught with a bad attitude.
>
> Just fix it and move on.

Barry
April 23rd 07, 05:44 PM
On Apr 23, 10:52 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> My point is proven. If I'm not a part of the group and agree with everything
> Lynne, Sherry and the rest of the followers say, I'm basically called names
> and attacked. Apparently now, the race card is now dealt. Black stuff? I'm
> not black.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!www.panthertekit.com
>
> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > Now now, you come outcha mouth with black stuff, then when you got the
> > desired response you become the victim?
>
> > You're just sore cause Sherry, then PUNCH called you on your
> > hypocrisies.
>
> > You have been caught with a bad attitude.
>
> > Just fix it and move on.

I am black, see my profile here.

anyway... I meant black as in... trite stuff

what point? that we all feed our cats garbage?

I say oh really?