PDA

View Full Version : PetFoodDirect discount

MaryL
April 13th 07, 02:45 AM
I think I have previously mentioned that I order my cat food through
PetFoodDirect.com. I use Wellness canned and Innova EVO canned, and there
no suppliers within 75 miles of my home. PetFoodDirect has given me
excellent service. Once you are on their mailing list, they e-mail frequent
"discount" or "promotion" codes. Most are in the 10-15% range, but the best
ones (and much less frequent) are 22-25% off. I received one of the 22%
discounts in my e-mail today. If any of you wanted to try it, this would be
a good opportunity. That discount basically covers the cost of shipping.
However, all of their discounts are good for only for 2 or 3 days, so you
have to watch your e-mail for it.

If any of you want to order, the current promotion code is PET3413. It is
for 22 percent off, and it is only good through midnight of April 15. Be
sure *not* to check on the 5% discount on their web page -- that discount is
always available, but you can only use one of the discounts with a single
order. They have a very long list of cat foods available, and you can read
a list of nutrients and ingredients for most foods if you check on
"details."

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

cindys
April 13th 07, 05:01 AM
Thank you!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

>I think I have previously mentioned that I order my cat food through
>PetFoodDirect.com. I use Wellness canned and Innova EVO canned, and there
>no suppliers within 75 miles of my home. PetFoodDirect has given me
>excellent service. Once you are on their mailing list, they e-mail
>frequent "discount" or "promotion" codes. Most are in the 10-15% range,
>but the best ones (and much less frequent) are 22-25% off. I received one
>of the 22% discounts in my e-mail today. If any of you wanted to try it,
>this would be a good opportunity. That discount basically covers the cost
>of shipping. However, all of their discounts are good for only for 2 or 3
>days, so you have to watch your e-mail for it.
>
> If any of you want to order, the current promotion code is PET3413. It is
> for 22 percent off, and it is only good through midnight of April 15. Be
> sure *not* to check on the 5% discount on their web page -- that discount
> is always available, but you can only use one of the discounts with a
> single order. They have a very long list of cat foods available, and you
> can read a list of nutrients and ingredients for most foods if you check
> on "details."
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

CatNipped
April 13th 07, 02:10 PM
>I think I have previously mentioned that I order my cat food through
>PetFoodDirect.com. I use Wellness canned and Innova EVO canned, and there
>no suppliers within 75 miles of my home. PetFoodDirect has given me
>excellent service. Once you are on their mailing list, they e-mail
>frequent "discount" or "promotion" codes. Most are in the 10-15% range,
>but the best ones (and much less frequent) are 22-25% off. I received one
>of the 22% discounts in my e-mail today. If any of you wanted to try it,
>this would be a good opportunity. That discount basically covers the cost
>of shipping. However, all of their discounts are good for only for 2 or 3
>days, so you have to watch your e-mail for it.
>
> If any of you want to order, the current promotion code is PET3413. It is
> for 22 percent off, and it is only good through midnight of April 15. Be
> sure *not* to check on the 5% discount on their web page -- that discount
> is always available, but you can only use one of the discounts with a
> single order. They have a very long list of cat foods available, and you
> can read a list of nutrients and ingredients for most foods if you check
> on "details."
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Their prices seem very high on the cat food I buy - they have a US$3.00 off
sale on Fancy Feast and are still charging US$11.99 for a 24 can case.
That's US$0.50 per can - I buy mine at US$0.40 per can at Wal-Mart.

Hugs,

CatNipped

blkcatgal
April 13th 07, 02:44 PM
I use petfooddirect.com to buy those brands that I usually can't find at my
local pet stores or grocery stores. With the 22% discount, it's usually a
pretty good deal.

S.

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>>I think I have previously mentioned that I order my cat food through
>>PetFoodDirect.com. I use Wellness canned and Innova EVO canned, and there
>>no suppliers within 75 miles of my home. PetFoodDirect has given me
>>excellent service. Once you are on their mailing list, they e-mail
>>frequent "discount" or "promotion" codes. Most are in the 10-15% range,
>>but the best ones (and much less frequent) are 22-25% off. I received one
>>of the 22% discounts in my e-mail today. If any of you wanted to try it,
>>this would be a good opportunity. That discount basically covers the cost
>>of shipping. However, all of their discounts are good for only for 2 or 3
>>days, so you have to watch your e-mail for it.
>>
>> If any of you want to order, the current promotion code is PET3413. It
>> is for 22 percent off, and it is only good through midnight of April 15.
>> Be sure *not* to check on the 5% discount on their web page -- that
>> discount is always available, but you can only use one of the discounts
>> with a single order. They have a very long list of cat foods available,
>> and you can read a list of nutrients and ingredients for most foods if
>> you check on "details."
>>
>> MaryL
>>
>> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
>> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
>> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
>> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
>
> Their prices seem very high on the cat food I buy - they have a US$3.00
> off sale on Fancy Feast and are still charging US$11.99 for a 24 can case.
> That's US$0.50 per can - I buy mine at US$0.40 per can at Wal-Mart.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

MaryL
April 13th 07, 02:55 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>>I think I have previously mentioned that I order my cat food through
>>PetFoodDirect.com. I use Wellness canned and Innova EVO canned, and there
>>no suppliers within 75 miles of my home. PetFoodDirect has given me
>>excellent service. Once you are on their mailing list, they e-mail
>>frequent "discount" or "promotion" codes. Most are in the 10-15% range,
>>but the best ones (and much less frequent) are 22-25% off. I received one
>>of the 22% discounts in my e-mail today. If any of you wanted to try it,
>>this would be a good opportunity. That discount basically covers the cost
>>of shipping. However, all of their discounts are good for only for 2 or 3
>>days, so you have to watch your e-mail for it.
>>
>> If any of you want to order, the current promotion code is PET3413. It
>> is for 22 percent off, and it is only good through midnight of April 15.
>> Be sure *not* to check on the 5% discount on their web page -- that
>> discount is always available, but you can only use one of the discounts
>> with a single order. They have a very long list of cat foods available,
>> and you can read a list of nutrients and ingredients for most foods if
>> you check on "details."
>>
>> MaryL
>>
>> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
>> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
>> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
>> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
>
> Their prices seem very high on the cat food I buy - they have a US$3.00
> off sale on Fancy Feast and are still charging US$11.99 for a 24 can case.
> That's US$0.50 per can - I buy mine at US$0.40 per can at Wal-Mart.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

I wouldn't order something like Fancy Feast from them because I could buy
that locally. However, I would have to drive 75 miles to get the ones I use
(Wellness and Innova EVO), so it makes more sense to order that type online.

MaryL

CatNipped
April 13th 07, 04:10 PM

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>>>I think I have previously mentioned that I order my cat food through
>>>PetFoodDirect.com. I use Wellness canned and Innova EVO canned, and
>>>there no suppliers within 75 miles of my home. PetFoodDirect has given
>>>me excellent service. Once you are on their mailing list, they e-mail
>>>frequent "discount" or "promotion" codes. Most are in the 10-15% range,
>>>but the best ones (and much less frequent) are 22-25% off. I received
>>>one of the 22% discounts in my e-mail today. If any of you wanted to try
>>>it, this would be a good opportunity. That discount basically covers the
>>>cost of shipping. However, all of their discounts are good for only for 2
>>>or 3 days, so you have to watch your e-mail for it.
>>>
>>> If any of you want to order, the current promotion code is PET3413. It
>>> is for 22 percent off, and it is only good through midnight of April 15.
>>> Be sure *not* to check on the 5% discount on their web page -- that
>>> discount is always available, but you can only use one of the discounts
>>> with a single order. They have a very long list of cat foods available,
>>> and you can read a list of nutrients and ingredients for most foods if
>>> you check on "details."
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>>
>>> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
>>> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
>>> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
>>> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
>>
>> Their prices seem very high on the cat food I buy - they have a US$3.00
>> off sale on Fancy Feast and are still charging US$11.99 for a 24 can
>> case. That's US$0.50 per can - I buy mine at US$0.40 per can at Wal-Mart.
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>

> I wouldn't order something like Fancy Feast from them because I could buy
> that locally. However, I would have to drive 75 miles to get the ones I
> use (Wellness and Innova EVO), so it makes more sense to order that type
> online.
>
> MaryL

Ah! That makes sense.

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
April 13th 07, 05:32 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
>> I wouldn't order something like Fancy Feast from them because I could buy
>> that locally. However, I would have to drive 75 miles to get the ones I
>> use (Wellness and Innova EVO), so it makes more sense to order that type
>> online.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> Ah! That makes sense.

I ordered a bunch of FF because with the discount, even with
shipping, PFD offered it cheaper than anywhere around here.
I guess it depends on how prices are where you live.

Elizabeth Blake
April 14th 07, 04:38 AM
>> If any of you want to order, the current promotion code is PET3413. It
>> is for 22 percent off, and it is only good through midnight of April 15.
>> Be sure *not* to check on the 5% discount on their web page -- that
>> discount is always available, but you can only use one of the discounts
>> with a single order. They have a very long list of cat foods available,
>> and you can read a list of nutrients and ingredients for most foods if
>> you check on "details."
>>
>> MaryL

Thanks for the code. I used to order from them a lot but when I switched
ISPs I couldn't figure out how to continue getting them to send me discount
codes. I was always able to find the brands I want (Wellness, Petguard etc)
by work but it's expensive. As long as I have at least a 20% off code,
ordering online is a much better value.

My boss talks about a place he goes to in New Jersey (I'm in NYC) and said
their prices are really good. He picked up two cases of food for me, but it
wasn't a bargain. He got me two cases of Merrick, which is the only thing
Otto has been wanting to eat lately. $1.05/can and no discount for buying
full cases. For the same amount of money, I got two cases of Merrick and
freeze dried chicken treats. That includes shipping, and using the 22% code
posted here.

I have the orders shipped to my job and bring some home with me every day.
Hopefully I'll now be back on their mailing list and get discount codes
again.

--
Liz

MaryL
April 14th 07, 05:15 AM
"Elizabeth Blake" > wrote in message

> Thanks for the code. I used to order from them a lot but when I switched
> ISPs I couldn't figure out how to continue getting them to send me
> discount codes. I was always able to find the brands I want (Wellness,
> Petguard etc) by work but it's expensive. As long as I have at least a
> 20% off code, ordering online is a much better value.
>
> My boss talks about a place he goes to in New Jersey (I'm in NYC) and said
> their prices are really good. He picked up two cases of food for me, but
> it wasn't a bargain. He got me two cases of Merrick, which is the only
> thing Otto has been wanting to eat lately. $1.05/can and no discount for
> buying full cases. For the same amount of money, I got two cases of
> Merrick and freeze dried chicken treats. That includes shipping, and
> using the 22% code posted here.
>
> I have the orders shipped to my job and bring some home with me every day.
> Hopefully I'll now be back on their mailing list and get discount codes
> again.
>
> --
> Liz

Liz,

There is a toll-free number on their web site. You could call that number

MaryL

Elizabeth Blake
April 14th 07, 05:55 AM

> Liz,
>
> There is a toll-free number on their web site. You could call that number
> and ask to be placed on their mailing list.
>
> MaryL

Well, In just placed an order and I think that should do the trick. I know
I used to get at least one e-mail a week so if I don't get any, I'll call
them.

I saw that the WBCL is still on sale. Wish I had noticed that when I placed
my order, because getting it shipped is still a lot cheaper than buying
locally.

--
Liz

MaryL
April 14th 07, 11:35 AM
"Elizabeth Blake" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>
>> Liz,
>>
>> There is a toll-free number on their web site. You could call that
>> number and ask to be placed on their mailing list.
>>
>> MaryL
>>

> Well, In just placed an order and I think that should do the trick. I
> know I used to get at least one e-mail a week so if I don't get any, I'll
> call them.
>
> I saw that the WBCL is still on sale. Wish I had noticed that when I
> placed my order, because getting it shipped is still a lot cheaper than
> buying locally.
>
> --
> Liz

What is WBCL?

--
MaryL

blkcatgal
April 14th 07, 05:17 PM
I think it's World's Best Cat Litter.

S.

> "Elizabeth Blake" > wrote in message
>>
>> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>>
>>> Liz,
>>>
>>> There is a toll-free number on their web site. You could call that
>>> number and ask to be placed on their mailing list.
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>>

>> Well, In just placed an order and I think that should do the trick. I
>> know I used to get at least one e-mail a week so if I don't get any, I'll
>> call them.
>>
>> I saw that the WBCL is still on sale. Wish I had noticed that when I
>> placed my order, because getting it shipped is still a lot cheaper than
>> buying locally.
>>
>> --
>> Liz
>>

> What is WBCL?
>
> --
> MaryL

MaryL
April 14th 07, 05:29 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
>I think it's World's Best Cat Litter.
>
> S.

That makes sense. Thanks.

MaryL

cybercat
April 14th 07, 05:54 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
>I think it's World's Best Cat Litter.

Yes, it is.

cybercat
April 14th 07, 05:57 PM

> "blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>I think it's World's Best Cat Litter.
>>
>> S.
>>
> That makes sense. Thanks.

Aren't you going to accuse MaryL. and the others of being a SHILL because
they post about PFD? Hmmmm? You and your stupid little sock?

sheelagh
April 14th 07, 09:33 PM
On Apr 14, 5:17 pm, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> I think it's World's Best Cat Litter.
>
> S.
>
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message

> >> Well, In just placed an order and I think that should do the trick. I
> >> know I used to get at least one e-mail a week so if I don't get any, I'll
> >> call them.
>
> >> I saw that the WBCL is still on sale. Wish I had noticed that when I
> >> placed my order, because getting it shipped is still a lot cheaper than
> >> buying locally.
>
> >> --
> >> Liz
>
> > What is WBCL?
>
> > --
> > MaryL- Hide quoted text -

I am going to ask the same question, but hope that someone will give
me the Brand name, even if ity actually stands for the"Worlds Best Cat
litter"....?

The reason that I ask what it is, is because we had a thread going
recently about that particular subject. A lot of people posted what
they use, & what they don't use too, &.. why as well..(it was under
the heading of what other use can you put used litter to **I think**

This has become a very serious subject close to our heart's for a
couple of reasons:

1) Very shortly here in the UK, we are about to join a pilot scheme
where we will be charged by the kilo for the rubbish that we dispose
of...
As you can imagine, this is a very topical subject recently., because
we are used to using Sophisticat (pink bags of biggest sack)..we have
used this product for years, so it is going to be very hard changing
them all over to a different thing to do...

2)We need to use a litter that doesn't weigh too much & is pretty Eco
friendly too.
I have had pine pellets recommended cuz it smells a lot better it's
Also Eco friendly. Then someone came up with a wheat one, but that was
found to block drains if you try flushing it.. then I came across a
silicon gel that soaks urine up & deodorises the cat litter box,
but no one came back to me on how well that one performs, or how Eco
terrible/good it is?

Flushing some of it away has been been one suggestions, & light
silicon was another one that won't weight too much as well...

I really would love to know what anyone else's thoughts about this
subject & what they would go if they were in our situation please?

We "can't carry on using clumping litter type stone litter, because it
weighs too much for us to dispose of in a correct responsible way...

We need to change our litter full time by the end of next month...

I'm have even thought of using peat, bog peat(very rich dark, light
weighing soil when not wet..), because we live on the edge of a peat
bog & it is just a matter of digging what you need then dumping it...
but that is not the answer either.(& it took me 3 weeks to get Ringo
to even think about it, & Lucy(fur!) even longer..)...
Thanx,
S;o)

Lynne
April 14th 07, 10:04 PM
on Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:33:06 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> then I came across a
> silicon gel that soaks urine up & deodorises the cat litter box,

I don't have any experience with that kind of litter, but I imagine
anything that soaks up the urine is going to be heavier when disposed of
than when purchased, so I don't think that is going to help you reduce the
weight of your refuse. Think about how heavy a disposeable diaper is when
soaked with urine--*much* heavier than when it comes out of the package.

--
Lynne

MaryL
April 14th 07, 10:19 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 14, 5:17 pm, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
>> I think it's World's Best Cat Litter.
>>
>> S.
<snip>

>> > What is WBCL?
>>
>> > --
>> > MaryL- Hide quoted text -

> I am going to ask the same question, but hope that someone will give
> me the Brand name, even if ity actually stands for the"Worlds Best Cat
> litter"....?
<snip>
> > Thanx,
> S;o)

The World's Best Litter *is* a brand name. You can read about it here:
http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/

The litter is made from whole-kernel corn, so it should be biodegradable. I
have a friend who *loves* it and wouldn't use anything else (so I really
should have recognized the initials). I don't know if it's available in the
UK, but it probably would be very good for your purposes. On the other
hand, *any* littler will gain weight -- as Lynne said -- as it absorbs
urine. I'm sure you scoop regularly, and that will reduce the weight
significantly, but I don't know of any litter that won't have some "heft" to
it when you dispose of it.

Incidentally, I think The Country's Best Litter is even flushable, although
I personally don't trust *any* litter for that purpose.

MaryL

Lynne
April 14th 07, 10:35 PM
on Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:19:32 GMT, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-
LITTER> wrote:

> I don't know of any litter that won't have some "heft" to
> it when you dispose of it.

The pine pellets turn to sawdust when they get wet, and when they dry out,
they are as light as when purchased. (It dries better in a sifting tray.)
More importantly, the sawdust can be composted and does't need to go in the
garbage.

--
Lynne

Lynne
April 14th 07, 10:37 PM
I forgot to say that sawdust dries pretty quickly, relatively speaking.
Silica gel, if that is what is meant by "silicone cat litter," will not dry
out at all.

--
Lynne

blkcatgal
April 14th 07, 11:08 PM
I use to use World's Best Cat Litter and I really liked it. But then they
changed it somehow....and my cats didn't like using the new stuff. So I
stopped buying it.

Sue

> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> On Apr 14, 5:17 pm, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
>>> I think it's World's Best Cat Litter.
>>>
>>> S.
> <snip>

>> I am going to ask the same question, but hope that someone will give
>> me the Brand name, even if ity actually stands for the"Worlds Best Cat
>> litter"....?
> <snip>
>> > Thanx,
>> S;o)
>>

> The World's Best Litter *is* a brand name. You can read about it here:
> http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/
>
> The litter is made from whole-kernel corn, so it should be biodegradable.
> I have a friend who *loves* it and wouldn't use anything else (so I really
> should have recognized the initials). I don't know if it's available in
> the UK, but it probably would be very good for your purposes. On the
> other hand, *any* littler will gain weight -- as Lynne said -- as it
> absorbs urine. I'm sure you scoop regularly, and that will reduce the
> weight significantly, but I don't know of any litter that won't have some
> "heft" to it when you dispose of it.
>
> Incidentally, I think The Country's Best Litter is even flushable,
> although I personally don't trust *any* litter for that purpose.
>
> MaryL

sheelagh
April 15th 07, 01:10 AM
On 14 Apr, 22:04, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:33:06 GMT, "sheelagh"
>
> > wrote:
> > then I came across a
> > silicon gel that soaks urine up & deodorises the cat litter box,
>
> I don't have any experience with that kind of litter, but I imagine
> anything that soaks up the urine is going to be heavier when disposed of
> than when purchased, so I don't think that is going to help you reduce the
> weight of your refuse. Think about how heavy a disposeable diaper is when
> soaked with urine--*much* heavier than when it comes out of the package.
>
> --
> Lynne

You make a very good point here. your right too.....

it sounds rather like the Worlds Best Cat Litter, or the pine pellets
I think. I was just taking a look that link that was provided for me
to take a good look @ it..It sounds rarther good to be honest. I think
I might have a shipping issue there though.
Having said that, I have emailed thee company to see if they have any
agents over onthis side of the pond who might be able to help[.
Failing that, I can go to Pets @ Home & seewhat they have to offer
inthe way of Pine wooden pellets.
I popped in there today , but didn't have the ltime/luxiory of having
a look around because I only just caught the shop open @ 5pm. Perhaps
another time.
I'm sick with myself..I didn't notice that they had a buy one & get
the second half price on the Iams wet food pouches, so I only picked
one up..Gutted & so are the moggies too;o(
Oh Well...another lesson learned.
To get it from the local shop costs between

sheelagh
April 15th 07, 02:18 AM
On 14 Apr, 22:19, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On Apr 14, 5:17 pm, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> >> I think it's World's Best Cat Litter.
>
> >> S.
> <snip>

> > I am going to ask the same question, but hope that someone will give
> > me the Brand name, even if ity actually stands for the"Worlds Best Cat
> > litter"....?
> <snip>
> > > Thanx,
> > S;o)
>
> The World's Best Litter *is* a brand name. You can read about it here:http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/
>
> The litter is made from whole-kernel corn, so it should be biodegradable. I
> have a friend who *loves* it and wouldn't use anything else (so I really
> should have recognized the initials). I don't know if it's available in the
> UK, but it probably would be very good for your purposes

This one is Most Definitely one that I want to investigate, where
possible. I haven't seen it described as one that might come in a
liquid gallon sized jar, but I have seen something similar whilst
browsing....
It sounds rather like one that would interest me. I pointed out in my
email to the manufacturer that , that this might be the start of the
way ahead in themselves, or European/UK British market. we are simply
the start for the way things *will Be* in the UK, from now on.
If we are the test pilot scheme I would say that in 2years we will
have almost everyone looking for an alternative to clumping litter
which I think most people use. Personally, I buy Sofisticat
antibacterial, so this is going to be quite a shock to all of the
cats. I did think about it today & picked up 1bag of clumping litter
in to fall back on if things go right up the Swanee & they refuse to
use them.
My main concern is that the smell wil be so alien to them after
Sofisticat, straight to pine. what do you all think? I know that a
felines sense of smell is around 10 x sharper than our own. If we can
notice the difference, imagine how the cats *must?feel*?

> On the other hand, *any* littler will gain weight -- as Lynne said -- as it absorbs
> urine. I'm sure you scoop regularly, and that will reduce the weight
> significantly, but I don't know of any litter that won't have some "heft" to
> it when you dispose of it.

Oh goodness yes!!!!!
I can't bare the smell of a couple of our feline family paying a
visit..I end up braving it in the hallway, taking a deep gush of
breath so that I can run upstairs and clear it up, before the whole
house Stinks of her if she has been;o(
The boys are no better either, but @ least it is outside.
You can just picture it now....Couple & three of their children are
coming to see us for the first time..I don't care what anyone says..
People do take a reality check when they first see you, don't they? In
fact it is so bad after a couple of our feline family that I *know*
when they have been, even if I am on the other side of the house.....

Couple arrive, Lucy(fur!) joyfully hops in the litter & has her daily
4 minute ritual of stinking the house out & taking ages to get it over
with, just so that they can stick their middle fingers @ me;o( Then
they take sheer delight in humiliating me...I'm certain of it, lol:o)
They have to show us up *Every time*.....>"o"<
> Incidentally, I think The Country's Best Litter is even flush able, although
> I personally don't trust *any* litter for that purpose.
Cindy said the same thing. In fact she had to have some work done on
the pipework..A BIG Problem, So I feel a bit nervous about that,
although it would be the first time I ever have. I know that they have
tidied up the shores around here cuz they were polluted..But recently,
we are told that they have won prizes for cleanliness...so cautious
optimism there...

> MaryL- Hide quoted text -

> > I don't know of any litter that won't have some "heft" to
> > it when you dispose of it.
Sorry to have to ask, but what is a "heft" when we need one?
I think it is a part of the head of "Wheat?"

> The pine pellets turn to sawdust when they get wet, and when they dry out,
> they are as light as when purchased. (It dries better in a sifting tray.)
> More importantly, the sawdust can be composted and doesnt need to go in the
> garbage.
This also sounds effective, & possibly might be the best way to treat
the cat litter problems. it sounds ideal..
I take it we can scoop the boxes x 3 daily & simply take the effluence
left? How do I dry the sawdust, or does it turn dry it's self?
Would you, scoop & flush down the toilet, or.. .would you simply
dispose of that only, but how do we get rip of the sawdust that we do
scoop out

> Lynne

Thank you for the brilliant explanations that you have mentioned.
I was starting to panic about this very problem, knowing that we could
ill afford the charge/toll for This post was very helpful. Thank you!
The charge is high & the difference could be a far better idea than I
should have done a long time ago. Sometimes you can she the forest,
for the Tree's...?!!

The way things were going, we felt that the toll is too high, yet we
know we *Must* do something thoughtful, so that our grandchildren
don't inherit the problems we made for them. I think if we could
introduce this effectively, we will have done everyone a favour,
including ourselves & our felines. I hope the shock is not too strange
for them.....?

Any advice would be appreciated please?

S;o)

Elizabeth Blake
April 15th 07, 03:00 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> 2)We need to use a litter that doesn't weigh too much & is pretty Eco
> friendly too.
> I have had pine pellets recommended cuz it smells a lot better it's
> Also Eco friendly. Then someone came up with a wheat one, but that was
> found to block drains if you try flushing it.. then I came across a
> silicon gel that soaks urine up & deodorises the cat litter box,
> but no one came back to me on how well that one performs, or how Eco
> terrible/good it is?
>
> Flushing some of it away has been been one suggestions, & light
> silicon was another one that won't weight too much as well...

I used to flush WBCL but don't anymore, simply because of the constant
reminders we get where I live about not flushing any litter. So even though
I never had a problem with my toilet when I flushed it, I no longer do it.

I buy the biggest bags of WBCL, 34 pounds. It is a much larger volume than
34 pounds of a clay clumping litter. Of course the wet clumps that I scoop
weigh more than the dry litter but they still weigh much less than clay.

I only completely change out the two boxes when I buy a new bag of litter.
Otherwise I just keep adding litter to keep the level up. When the bag is
empty I let the boxes get very low before I finally dump the remainder &
clean them. I haven't been keeping track of how long a bag lasts, but with
two cats & two boxes I think it's very reasonable.

--
Liz

Lynne
April 15th 07, 02:45 PM
on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 01:18:47 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> This also sounds effective, & possibly might be the best way to treat
> the cat litter problems. it sounds ideal..
> I take it we can scoop the boxes x 3 daily & simply take the effluence
> left? How do I dry the sawdust, or does it turn dry it's self?
> Would you, scoop & flush down the toilet, or.. .would you simply
> dispose of that only, but how do we get rip of the sawdust that we do
> scoop out

Sheelagh, do a Google search on how to compost. There are a lot of
websites which instruct on how to make and take care of a compost pile.
Many will show special equipment (such as tumblers) but you don't need
them. A simple wood enclosure which allows air circulation is fine and
you can make it yourself. The end result of composting is a nutrient
rich mulch/soil ammendment.

You can compost most of your kitchen scraps (no meat or fish, though),
some paper products, grass clippings, etc. (There is a good list here:
http://www.compostguide.com/)

Depending on the volume of sawdust that you generate, you may not be able
to compost it all, but you can definitely minimize how much you put out
with the trash by composting. In fact, you can minimize your overall
volume of household garbage by composting. Do not dump the used sawdust
into your toilet, by the way!

Note that you cannot compost all types of used cat litter, nor should
you. The sawdust from pine pellets composts well, but also please note
that you should not use that compost on food plants. It's fine for
anything you aren't going to eat (such as your flowers and planting
beds).

--
Lynne

Lynne
April 15th 07, 02:49 PM
by the way, I use these litter boxes now and it makes keeping our boxes dry
much easiser:

http://www.felinepinelitterbox.com/

I just shake the boxes and the sawdust settles into the bottom box and
dries out. When the bottom box gets full, I just dump it, rinse it, dry it
and put it back in place.

--
Lynne

sheelagh
April 15th 07, 06:49 PM
On 15 Apr, 14:49, Lynne > wrote:
> by the way, I use these litter boxes now and it makes keeping our boxes dry
> much easiser:
>
> http://www.felinepinelitterbox.com/
>
> I just shake the boxes and the sawdust settles into the bottom box and
> dries out. When the bottom box gets full, I just dump it, rinse it, dry it
> and put it back in place.
>
> --
> Lynne

Thank you very much for the information link Lynne. Very helpful
S;o)

cindys
April 15th 07, 08:39 PM

> If any of you want to order, the current promotion code is PET3413. It is
> for 22 percent off, and it is only good through midnight of April 15. Be
> sure *not* to check on the 5% discount on their web page -- that discount
> is always available, but you can only use one of the discounts with a
> single order. They have a very long list of cat foods available, and you
> can read a list of nutrients and ingredients for most foods if you check
> on "details."
Thank you again, Mary. I have indeed ordered a case of Wellness canned cat
food with the 22% off. (I just hope my cats like it!)
Best regards,
---Cindy S.