PDA

View Full Version : All this damn wiggling licking jerking is going stop

Barry
April 14th 07, 12:41 PM
I'm getting good not squishing my cats at night when I sleep

I think Nick was trying to tell us he's tooled around with bestiality

I bring that up because every time I try to post something serious,
nick turns it into something nasty

.... yeah.. the cats haven't always slept with me all night, but now
they do all the time

It's like music, they have a rhythm you just have to find it

sheelagh
April 14th 07, 01:33 PM
On 14 Apr, 12:41, "Barry" > wrote:
> I'm getting good not squishing my cats at night when I sleep
>
> I think Nick was trying to tell us he's tooled around with bestiality
>
> I bring that up because every time I try to post something serious,
> nick turns it into something nasty
>
> ... yeah.. the cats haven't always slept with me all night, but now
> they do all the time
>
> It's like music, they have a rhythm you just have to find it

Pleased to hear it mate..

Just kill file the ****!!
He really isn't worth the cyber space he defiles....
Good to see you around again...
S;o)
& he is well ugly too

cybercat
April 14th 07, 04:13 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm getting good not squishing my cats at night when I sleep
>
> I think Nick was trying to tell us he's tooled around with bestiality
>
> I bring that up because every time I try to post something serious,
> nick turns it into something nasty
>
> ... yeah.. the cats haven't always slept with me all night, but now
> they do all the time
>
> It's like music, they have a rhythm you just have to find it

I'm glad they can sleep with you, they are such a comfort.

And morning breath and night farts don't faze them!

As for the jerky licking thing, Gracie snuggles with me, flush
against my body, headbutts my hand when I get sleepy and
stop petting her--then eventually climbs up on me and goes
to sleep there. I wake up to the gentle rocking of her taking
a bath on my hip or back or stomach.

bookie
April 14th 07, 11:49 PM
On 14 Apr, 12:41, "Barry" > wrote:
> I'm getting good not squishing my cats at night when I sleep
>
> I think Nick was trying to tell us he's tooled around with bestiality
>
> I bring that up because every time I try to post something serious,
> nick turns it into something nasty
>
> ... yeah.. the cats haven't always slept with me all night, but now
> they do all the time
>
> It's like music, they have a rhythm you just have to find it

I wish jessie woudl sleep with me, she prefers either her homemade bed
of a plastic crate lined with padding and a fleece blanket or her
radiator hammock (which i bought thinking she would probably hate but
now she seems to be in it all the time pretty much). After breakfast
she does come and join me on the bed, just spread out on the end of it
but she doesn't like any contact it seems, and if I lie onthe bed in
the day for a nap whilst she is on it she tends to wake up0, look at
me as if to say "and what do you think you are doing!?" and relocates
to her hammock as though i have tainted the bed in some way.

terri won't come up stairs still really, although i did find her in
the airing cupboard one time snuggled up next to the hot water storage
tank thingy, dont know yet whether she is snuggler or not.

snuggling cats are lovely, i wish mine would, my families cats, tegan
flossie and griselda always did. Jasper my old boy would even push his
way under the covers for a snuggle whilst purring louder than at any
other time, make me feel really priviledged.

barry you are a lucky man to own such lovely furry hot water bottles

bookie

sheelagh
April 15th 07, 12:52 AM
On 14 Apr, 23:49, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 14 Apr, 12:41, "Barry" > wrote:
>
> > I'm getting good not squishing my cats at night when I sleep
>
> > I think Nick was trying to tell us he's tooled around with bestiality
>
> > I bring that up because every time I try to post something serious,
> > nick turns it into something nasty
>
> > ... yeah.. the cats haven't always slept with me all night, but now
> > they do all the time
>
> > It's like music, they have a rhythm you just have to find it
>
> I wish jessie woudl sleep with me, she prefers either her homemade bed
> of a plastic crate lined with padding and a fleece blanket or her
> radiator hammock (which i bought thinking she would probably hate but
> now she seems to be in it all the time pretty much). After breakfast
> she does come and join me on the bed, just spread out on the end of it
> but she doesn't like any contact it seems, and if I lie onthe bed in
> the day for a nap whilst she is on it she tends to wake up0, look at
> me as if to say "and what do you think you are doing!?" and relocates
> to her hammock as though i have tainted the bed in some way.
>
> terri won't come up stairs still really, although i did find her in
> the airing cupboard one time snuggled up next to the hot water storage
> tank thingy, dont know yet whether she is snuggler or not.
>
> snuggling cats are lovely, i wish mine would, my families cats, tegan
> flossie and griselda always did. Jasper my old boy would even push his
> way under the covers for a snuggle whilst purring louder than at any
> other time, make me feel really priviledged.
>
> barry you are a lucky man to own such lovely furry hot water bottles
>
> bookie

He is, isn't he?
Mine blow Hot & cold. As with all cats, it is when they feel like it,.
I suppose we are all slaves to different cats, so ours tend to stick
to their salve where possible:where not possible they will come out
and seek your company & warmth if there is no other preferable option.
ie: If Ross happens to go out when Ringo was thinking of turning in,
then he will go & sit on his favourite chair for up to an hour or so,
then if there is still no, Ross, then he will actively seek his bed
out & crash out on his pillows until he does turn up..

Tilly & Lucy(fur!) don't suffer with this problem cuz Tilly has a
routine which Lucy(fur!) finds makes life so much easier..( I dread to
think what life will be like when she goes to University, lol;o)

Belle is happy to sleep where her head hits the anything. If she
happend to see the door open, then she will lie on the bed, waiting
for you to come & lie down. She will lie where she feels like it....

Both Taz & Biffy sleep where they please out in their pens, which is
normally out I their cat-cabins..
Lilly deliberately waits until you go to sleep, then she does either
A: one of two things. Either sleeps near your feet, then when you move
your foot, she pounces on them passion & shakes it until she has
killed it/them....

Or....

B:waits until your snoring (yeah.. I snore...And..??)..The lies smack
on top of your chest, from where she likes your face all night, with
pong fish breath..& purrs herself silly, licking your face until she
is satisfied that you are clean....
If they really are in a bad mood with me, then they avoid me
altogether & sleep in the rad beds & the dog basket, or the cat chair
that was only designed for one cat, that holds two...
The joys of being a cat slave for you..........
& that's Cats for you, lol:o)
S;o)

S;o)

cybercat
April 15th 07, 03:51 PM
"bookie" > wrote
> I wish jessie woudl sleep with me, she prefers either her homemade bed
> of a plastic crate lined with padding and a fleece blanket or her
> radiator hammock

How long have you had her? Gracie, adopted when she was 1-2, has been
with us for a little over five years, and she never came to me for affection
at night until she had been here at least two years. Then she would
announce her intent, approaching cautiously from down around my
feet, and wait until I showed her that I wanted her close. (Opened
my eyes, called to her, smiled at her, etc.) Then she would leave
after I petted her for a while. It was not until this past year that
she began sleeping up against me after her petting, and stopped
announcing her approach. And started sleeping ON me, lol!

They change over time, especially those adopted as adults.

She was trapped in a trailer park when she was pregnant and
very young. She is still afraid every time she sees a broom, so
I think someone chased her with a broom. Who knows what
she went through. I'm really glad she's affectionate, I have never
had a cat like that.

bookie
April 15th 07, 11:35 PM
On 15 Apr, 15:51, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote
>
> > I wish jessie woudl sleep with me, she prefers either her homemade bed
> > of a plastic crate lined with padding and a fleece blanket or her
> > radiator hammock
>
> How long have you had her? Gracie, adopted when she was 1-2, has been
> with us for a little over five years, and she never came to me for affection
> at night until she had been here at least two years. Then she would
> announce her intent, approaching cautiously from down around my
> feet, and wait until I showed her that I wanted her close. (Opened
> my eyes, called to her, smiled at her, etc.) Then she would leave
> after I petted her for a while. It was not until this past year that
> she began sleeping up against me after her petting, and stopped
> announcing her approach. And started sleeping ON me, lol!
>
> They change over time, especially those adopted as adults.
>
> She was trapped in a trailer park when she was pregnant and
> very young. She is still afraid every time she sees a broom, so
> I think someone chased her with a broom. Who knows what
> she went through. I'm really glad she's affectionate, I have never
> had a cat like that.

jessie is about 17 and i have had her coming up to 2 years now. i
think she is rather set in her ways so not really expecting her to
change at all. Sometimes she allows me to lie next to her on my/her
bed for a while when she wants adoration and strokes when she has
stretched out across the end, bit she always seems to sleep elsewhere
at night.
maybe she was just not allowed to sleep on her previous mum's bed
during the night before?
i think she is probably too set in her ways now but that's fine, it is
her house after all, i only pay the rent.

bookie

Barry
April 16th 07, 01:41 AM
On Apr 14, 6:49 pm, "bookie" > wrote:

> barry you are a lucky man to own such lovely furry hot water bottles
>
> bookie

Indeed. I am lucky.

I am also super sweet, that's why they love me so much.

What I have learned is.. they love the very light sensory touch.

I give them cat sized head scratches and stuff...
I have to remember how large I am, and how small they are..

When I fold one into my arms or on my shoulder.. I let them sorta
float there.. sorta... I can't give them the same amount of torque I
require for a hug that is..

With Lucy who is 8 yrs young... she took a little time to come around.

I never tip toe around them either.. this is louder than being normal.
I give them the normal volume of moving about etc...

but I can't just grab one up and squeeze them to where it feels good
to me...
that's too much squishing on them... it can hurt them.. OR... MAKE
THEM RUN WHEN YOU TRY TO PICK THEM UP BOOKIE

YOU NEED A MAN IS WHAT YOU NEED

Barry
April 16th 07, 01:45 AM
On Apr 15, 6:35 pm, "bookie" > wrote:

> bookie

Jupiter's new thing is.. "rub my feet"
she likes her paws rubbed...

(I can't imagine where she learned to like that, lol)

She is as gentle as the day is long..
and Lucy? deep down? she's as sweet as they come.

and loves to be smothered in kisses and ear rubs

cats are YUMMY
April 16th 07, 06:05 AM
On Apr 14, 8:33 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 14 Apr, 12:41, "Barry" > wrote:
>
> > I'm getting good not squishing my cats at night when I sleep
>
> > I think Nick was trying to tell us he's tooled around with bestiality
>
> > I bring that up because every time I try to post something serious,
> > nick turns it into something nasty
>
> > ... yeah.. the cats haven't always slept with me all night, but now
> > they do all the time
>
> > It's like music, they have a rhythm you just have to find it
>
> Pleased to hear it mate..
>
> Just kill file the ****!!
> He really isn't worth the cyber space he defiles....
> Good to see you around again...
> S;o)
> & he is well ugly too

"He" (NIck) probably is... not that you'd know the difference, what
with your damaged brain/depth perception and all...

BArry begs to lick my balls constantly. You just don't see it. He
doesn't show his ass here like he does in every other NG.

bookie
April 16th 07, 01:26 PM
On 16 Apr, 01:41, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Apr 14, 6:49 pm, "bookie" > wrote:
>
> > barry you are a lucky man to own such lovely furry hot water bottles
>
> > bookie
>
> Indeed. I am lucky.
>
> I am also super sweet, that's why they love me so much.
>
> What I have learned is.. they love the very light sensory touch.
>
> I give them cat sized head scratches and stuff...
> I have to remember how large I am, and how small they are..
>
> When I fold one into my arms or on my shoulder.. I let them sorta
> float there.. sorta... I can't give them the same amount of torque I
> require for a hug that is..
>
> With Lucy who is 8 yrs young... she took a little time to come around.
>
> I never tip toe around them either.. this is louder than being normal.
> I give them the normal volume of moving about etc...
>
> but I can't just grab one up and squeeze them to where it feels good
> to me...
> that's too much squishing on them... it can hurt them.. OR... MAKE
> THEM RUN WHEN YOU TRY TO PICK THEM UP BOOKIE
>
> YOU NEED A MAN IS WHAT YOU NEED

nah, men are crap, cats are better

Barry
April 16th 07, 01:36 PM
On Apr 16, 8:26 am, "bookie" > wrote:

> nah, men are crap, cats are better

funny thing, I like my cats better than women, they don't TALK BACK

cybercat
April 16th 07, 02:44 PM
"bookie" > wrote
>> that's too much squishing on them... it can hurt them.. OR... MAKE
>> THEM RUN WHEN YOU TRY TO PICK THEM UP BOOKIE
>>
>> YOU NEED A MAN IS WHAT YOU NEED
>
> nah, men are crap, cats are better

Hahaha! They're not all crap. The ones that actually contribute
positive things to your life and stay out of your way can be pretty
okay. :) And the cats are a necessity.

sheelagh
April 16th 07, 03:41 PM
On 16 Apr, 14:44, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote
>
> >> that's too much squishing on them... it can hurt them.. OR... MAKE
> >> THEM RUN WHEN YOU TRY TO PICK THEM UP BOOKIE
>
> >> YOU NEED A MAN IS WHAT YOU NEED
>
> > nah, men are crap, cats are better
>
> Hahaha! They're not all crap. The ones that actually contribute
> positive things to your life and stay out of your way can be pretty
> okay. :) And the cats are a necessity.

Never heard truer words spoken, lol;o)
S;o)

Barry
April 16th 07, 04:05 PM
On Apr 16, 10:41 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 16 Apr, 14:44, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > "bookie" > wrote

> > > nah, men are crap, cats are better
>
> > Hahaha! They're not all crap. The ones that actually contribute
> > positive things to your life and stay out of your way can be pretty
> > okay. :) And the cats are a necessity.
>
> Never heard truer words spoken, lol;o)
> S;o)

stay out of your way? why get married at all sheelagh
why are cats a necessity?

sheelagh
April 16th 07, 04:19 PM
On 16 Apr, 06:05, "cats are YUMMY" > wrote:
> On Apr 14, 8:33 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>

> > On 14 Apr, 12:41, "Barry" > wrote:
>
> > > I'm getting good not squishing my cats at night when I sleep
>
> > > I think Nick was trying to tell us he's tooled around with bestiality
>
> > > I bring that up because every time I try to post something serious,
> > > nick turns it into something nasty
>
> > > ... yeah.. the cats haven't always slept with me all night, but now
> > > they do all the time
>
> > > It's like music, they have a rhythm you just have to find it
>
> > Pleased to hear it mate..
>
> > Just kill file the ****!!
> > He really isn't worth the cyber space he defiles....
> > Good to see you around again...
> > S;o)
> > & he is well ugly too
>
> "He" (NIck) probably is... not that you'd know the difference, what
> with your damaged brain/depth perception and all...
>
> BArry begs to lick my balls constantly. You just don't see it. He
> doesn't show his ass here like he does in every other NG.- Hide quoted text -

Ahh, we show up yet again under a different guise, do we?

> "He" (NIck) probably is... not that you'd know the difference, what
> with your damaged brain/depth perception and all...

That s a little bit Rich coming from the Master of Bull****, wouldn't
you agree?
It is none of my business what you and Barry choose to fight about,
except for when you turn into your normal Troll Persona & start
upsetting the group...
Then I do took it personally, especially when I am the subject matter,
ASSHOLE
Go die somewhere else boy

Anyhow, time to killfile demon chunk..If I had known that persona was
still active, I would have done it ages ago...
Bye Nick the Prick (AKA TROLL DUMPSTER)
S;o)

Barry
April 16th 07, 04:22 PM
On Apr 16, 11:19 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> Bye Nick the Prick (AKA TROLL DUMPSTER)
> S;o)

LOL

he's such a misery

you know what bores me the most about NTP, he's sooo predictable

he's a bitter old scorch who has gotten his share of flames on here
lol

HAHA

now.. it's just his nature to be an ass

he can't hep it

Matthew
April 16th 07, 05:18 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 16, 8:26 am, "bookie" > wrote:
>>
>> nah, men are crap, cats are better
>
> funny thing, I like my cats better than women, they don't TALK BACK

ROFLMAO ain't that the truth ;-)

sheelagh
April 16th 07, 05:56 PM
On 16 Apr, 16:22, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 11:19 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > Bye Nick the Prick (AKA TROLL DUMPSTER)
> > S;o)
>
> LOL
>
> he's such a misery
>
> you know what bores me the most about NTP, he's sooo predictable
>
> he's a bitter old scorch who has gotten his share of flames on here
> lol
>
> HAHA
>
> now.. it's just his nature to be an ass
>
> he can't hep it

I noticed that one too...

I can't remember who posted this, but I do believe it might have been
Lynne. She was right when she said that answering them makes you as
bad as they are....
I just didn't like hearing it cuz I answered him far too often. I
actually thought I had filtered, but I forgot to put in chunky fat
F**K...
It's embarrassing & dreadful knowing that you have an idiot going
around Usenet with the email address Shelia luvs me @ yahoo. com..
what kind of freak does that?
Do you really think I have nothing to fear from a deluded idiot like
that...?

I say, NO NOT REALLY, he is just a sad case of "look @ me guys"..."I
will Do or Say ANYTHING to get attention from you"....

Do I want to give this freak the chance to get to me...?
I SAY NO!!

Does it bother me?

NO..
Do I care about him?

NO..

You would think he would get the message, eh?

He is what We call a certified NUTTER....LOL

He actually thinks I go around NG looking for you,(like he does), just
so that I can be your back up when he arrives...
Now WHO is the HEAD CASE?

S;o)

sheelagh
April 16th 07, 06:00 PM
On 16 Apr, 16:05, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 10:41 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>

> > On 16 Apr, 14:44, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > > "bookie" > wrote

> > > Hahaha! They're not all crap. The ones that actually contribute
> > > positive things to your life and stay out of your way can be pretty
> > > okay. :) And the cats are a necessity.
>
> > Never heard truer words spoken, lol;o)
> > S;o)
>
> stay out of your way? why get married at all sheelagh
> why are cats a necessity?- Hide quoted text -

You caught me out there, darn it, lol...

You suckered me & you are right off course..
Sod the men and bring on the cats..
I got a new cat BTW, she arrives tomorrow night..
Her Name is Peaches & she is a ragdoll Bi-colour rescue. I don't know
how long she will be with us, but I am looking forward to it all the
same...
S;o)

sheelagh
April 16th 07, 06:02 PM
On 16 Apr, 16:05, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 10:41 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>

> > On 16 Apr, 14:44, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > > "bookie" > wrote

> > > Hahaha! They're not all crap. The ones that actually contribute
> > > positive things to your life and stay out of your way can be pretty
> > > okay. :) And the cats are a necessity.
>
> > Never heard truer words spoken, lol;o)
> > S;o)
>
> stay out of your way? why get married at all sheelagh
> why are cats a necessity?- Hide quoted text -

Because they are therapeutic Barry...!!
S;o)

Matthew
April 16th 07, 06:15 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 16 Apr, 16:05, "Barry" > wrote:

>> > Never heard truer words spoken, lol;o)
>> > S;o)
>>
>> stay out of your way? why get married at all sheelagh
>> why are cats a necessity?- Hide quoted text -

> Because they are therapeutic Barry...!!
> S;o)

Better than that the GODS says so

<Rumble, Spirit, Ka'Shay, Phantom, Limo, Dumplin'> <Whispering in my ear>

Barry
April 16th 07, 06:21 PM
On Apr 16, 1:02 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> Because they are therapeutic Barry...!!
> S;o)

that's a very good reason.

cooking is therapeutic too you know, peelin taters, breaking up
snaps.. that sort of thing

The real way to learn anything is to go out and experience it, let
your curiosity lead you. -Curios George

Hey! Post pics of ya new cat! I saw a biiig beautiful orange cat in
the bushes a few days ago. I wish I could catch him.

Barry
April 16th 07, 06:22 PM
On Apr 16, 1:15 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> stay out of your way? why get married at all sheelagh
> >> why are cats a necessity?- Hide quoted text -

> > Because they are therapeutic Barry...!!
> > S;o)
>
> Better than that the GODS says so
>
> <Rumble, Spirit, Ka'Shay, Phantom, Limo, Dumplin'> <Whispering in my ear>

yer pussy wheeped

--

You back from your continental tour already?

Matthew
April 16th 07, 06:29 PM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 16, 1:15 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...

>> > Because they are therapeutic Barry...!!
>> > S;o)
>>
>> Better than that the GODS says so
>>
>> <Rumble, Spirit, Ka'Shay, Phantom, Limo, Dumplin'> <Whispering in my ear>
>
> yer pussy wheeped
>
> --
>
> You back from your continental tour already?

Somewhat

and you are too no matter how much you say you are not ;-)

sheelagh
April 16th 07, 06:42 PM
On 16 Apr, 18:21, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 1:02 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > Because they are therapeutic Barry...!!
> > S;o)

> that's a very good reason.
>
> cooking is therapeutic too you know, peelin taters, breaking up
> snaps.. that sort of thing

Funny, I don't feel the same way about potato peeling. Perhaps it has
something to do with peeling 3kg every meal??

I think it has more to do with mutual respect, & their wonderful
ability to calm me down when I go off on a wobbly now and again...!!

> The real way to learn anything is to go out and experience it, let
> your curiosity lead you. -Curios George
I agree. But you know what they say about curiosity, don't you?

> Hey! Post pics of ya new cat! I saw a big beautiful orange cat in
> the bushes a few days ago. I wish I could catch him.

NOW you are talking my language, lol.
Ringo wasn't so backwards at coming forwards in our case.. he simply
knocked @ the door, then walked straight past me & didn't stop until
he found the chow bowls, then he talked to me after a good face full
of food...

he has his cast off now & is doing really well too

Be patient, Bowzer the Orange cat will come to you if you simply sit
near him & wait..
His curiosity will force him to in the end..
This is a photo of Peaches. She is ever such a sweet cat

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Peaches/photo#5054078788266619634
S;o)

body sweat
April 16th 07, 07:45 PM
On Apr 16, 1:42 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 16 Apr, 18:21, "body sweat" > wrote:

> > cooking is therapeutic too you know, peelin taters, breaking up
> > snaps.. that sort of thing
>
> Funny, I don't feel the same way about potato peeling. Perhaps it has
> something to do with peeling 3kg every meal??

maybe soon, you could invest in an auto tater peeler

I can't believe McDonalds and Hardee's peelses theirs by hand.

http://tinyurl.com/2jz6eh
hits one is only $1,170.00

> I think it has more to do with mutual respect, & their wonderful
> ability to calm me down when I go off on a wobbly now and again...!!

haha, you might be spot on there

> > The real way to learn anything is to go out and experience it, let
> > your curiosity lead you. -Curios George
>
> I agree. But you know what they say about curiosity, don't you?

yes, but satisfaction brought it back

> > Hey! Post pics of ya new cat! I saw a big beautiful orange cat in
> > the bushes a few days ago. I wish I could catch him.

> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Peaches/photo#5054078788...
> S;o)

Glad to hear good news bout Ringo, Peaches is just divine!

bookie
April 16th 07, 10:54 PM
On 16 Apr, 13:36, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 8:26 am, "bookie" > wrote:
>

> > nah, men are crap, cats are better
>
> funny thing, I like my cats better than women, they don't TALK BACK

I like my cats better than men because cats don't talk crap

bookie
April 16th 07, 10:56 PM
On 16 Apr, 18:00, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 16 Apr, 16:05, "Barry" > wrote:

> > > Never heard truer words spoken, lol;o)
> > > S;o)
>
> > stay out of your way? why get married at all sheelagh
> > why are cats a necessity?- Hide quoted text -

> You caught me out there, darn it, lol...
>
> You suckered me & you are right off course..
> Sod the men and bring on the cats..
> I got a new cat BTW, she arrives tomorrow night..
> Her Name is Peaches & she is a ragdoll Bi-colour rescue. I don't know
> how long she will be with us, but I am looking forward to it all the
> same...
> S;o)- Hide quoted text -

there had better some new photos to show us all then, i have been
happily boring everyone at the rowing club with photos of terri (whose
name shall be changing shortly cos terri is a crap name and doesn't
suit her at all). they should feel lucky to be allowed to look at
photos of her, she is beautiful

bookie

cybercat
April 16th 07, 10:57 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 16 Apr, 13:36, "Barry" > wrote:
>> On Apr 16, 8:26 am, "bookie" > wrote:
>>

>> > nah, men are crap, cats are better
>>
>> funny thing, I like my cats better than women, they don't TALK BACK
>
> I like my cats better than men because cats don't talk crap

:)

Nice one, Bookie.

bookie
April 16th 07, 11:00 PM
On 16 Apr, 18:42, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 16 Apr, 18:21, "Barry" > wrote:
>
> > On Apr 16, 1:02 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > > Because they are therapeutic Barry...!!
> > > S;o)
> > that's a very good reason.
>
> > cooking is therapeutic too you know, peelin taters, breaking up
> > snaps.. that sort of thing
>
> Funny, I don't feel the same way about potato peeling. Perhaps it has
> something to do with peeling 3kg every meal??
>
> I think it has more to do with mutual respect, & their wonderful
> ability to calm me down when I go off on a wobbly now and again...!!
>
> > The real way to learn anything is to go out and experience it, let
> > your curiosity lead you. -Curios George
>
> I agree. But you know what they say about curiosity, don't you?
>
> > Hey! Post pics of ya new cat! I saw a big beautiful orange cat in
> > the bushes a few days ago. I wish I could catch him.
>
> NOW you are talking my language, lol.
> Ringo wasn't so backwards at coming forwards in our case.. he simply
> knocked @ the door, then walked straight past me & didn't stop until
> he found the chow bowls, then he talked to me after a good face full
> of food...
>
> he has his cast off now & is doing really well too
>
> Be patient, Bowzer the Orange cat will come to you if you simply sit
> near him & wait..
> His curiosity will force him to in the end..
> This is a photo of Peaches. She is ever such a sweet cat
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Peaches/photo#5054078788...
> S;o)

ahhhh! she is lovely, that soft chest of fur, i wish i could bury my
face in it! she looks suitably snooty and composed, i hope she
approves of your house and that it meets up to her high standards.

you know cats always lower my heart rate and blood pressure, men just
seem to elevate it both for all the wrong reasons.
also I can have a cuddle and show affection towards my cats and they
don't think that that is a sign that a quick shag is on the way, as
pretty much all men seem to, unless they're gay.

bookie

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 12:05 AM
On 16 Apr, 22:56, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 16 Apr, 18:00, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> > > stay out of your way? why get married at all sheelagh
> > > why are cats a necessity?- Hide quoted text -

> > You caught me out there, darn it, lol...
>
> > You suckered me & you are right off course..
> > Sod the men and bring on the cats..
> > I got a new cat BTW, she arrives tomorrow night..
> > Her Name is Peaches & she is a ragdoll Bi-colour rescue. I don't know
> > how long she will be with us, but I am looking forward to it all the
> > same...
> > S;o)- Hide quoted text -

> there had better some new photos to show us all then, i have been
> happily boring everyone at the rowing club with photos of terri (whose
> name shall be changing shortly cos terri is a crap name and doesn't
> suit her at all). they should feel lucky to be allowed to look at
> photos of her, she is beautiful
>
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

I agree with you, but the question of course is...What name are you
going to choose for her?

I did stick a link in one of the posts on here, but can't remember
which post, so here it is again....
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Peaches/photo#5054078788266619634

She is wonderful. Peaceful, placid, & purs for England too..What can I
say other than she is Purrfick... I am in a bit of a dilemma @ the
mo...she has a brother that also needs homing too. I am going to add a
photos of him so that you can call me a fool for not saying yes, right
on the spot..
But then again, only you will understand what I just said?!!
The Darling Buds of May...!

My only worry is that it is a hell of a lot of cats to be responsible
for when you think about it...
With Cats, come vet bills, love, preditors & worry;o(

I can cross off the love bit,(already bitten by the bug!!) but what do
I do if I fall in love with them & she wants them back?)
It is beginning to look extremely unlikely, but, it might happen....
His name is Chico & he is a seal point mitted like Tazy.
He is also a very big boy & he has that wonderful placid nature only
present in Raggy's..
I have already been approached with, " It would be such a shame to
split them up"...
I KNOW That!!
S;o)

PS: We are just receiving some photos of the kittens. I had to borrow
a camera to get some photos of the kitten. As she is down loading
them, we are getting them.
I brought the Kitty's around so that we could do a bit of a shoot of
the kitty's and their dad's too. I think it went well..& only allowed
them near Taz & Biffy cuz we know that they have a clean bills of
health. Post them when they all arrive

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 12:23 AM

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Peaches/photo#5054162510064120594

> ahhhh! she is lovely, that soft chest of fur, i wish i could bury my
> face in it! she looks suitably snooty and composed, i hope she
> approves of your house and that it meets up to her high standards.

She seems pretty happy so far, but we are taking this a day @ a time.
Presently, because of the nice weather, I have put her out in 1 of the
pens so that she can get aquainted with th smell of this area..If she
feel s inclined to come in tomorrow, I think I will allow her the
extension( our bedroom & the bathroom) to wonder about in. I haven't
got as far as introducing her to the gang yet, so I have that pleasure
to look forward to.

Tell you what though.....
I got an idea that I saw in one of Mary L's photos & I got Paul to
take the cheap nasty door on the extension down & then got him to put
a bit of a grill mesh in the middle, so that they can see, smell and
heear each other, but they can reach each other.. ingeniouse idea that
is. Can't wait to try it out now....

> you know cats always lower my heart rate and blood pressure, men just
> seem to elevate it both for all the wrong reasons.
> also I can have a cuddle and show affection towards my cats and they
> don't think that that is a sign that a quick shag is on the way, as
> pretty much all men seem to, unless they're gay.

I can't agree more with you, unless I tried to be creative, lol...
As I aid earlier, there is nothing nicer than nuzzling your puss cat's
tummy and giving them head butts. Their love is never conditional.....
( well.. not in every cat except Ringo, who NEEDS a food bowl filled
with Cat treats... but that is still better than conditional men,
hey?)....
& they are always there for you when you need a good cuddle...(Not a
shag...Lets face it, with 5 kids I've done my bit already, wouldn't
you agree?)
The point is that they are cuddlesome, beautiful to the beholder &
they argue far less than men do
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

I'm off to argue with myself about taking Chico too now
S;o)

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 12:40 AM
On 16 Apr, 19:45, "body sweat" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 1:42 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > On 16 Apr, 18:21, "body sweat" > wrote:
> > > cooking is therapeutic too you know, peelin taters, breaking up
> > > snaps.. that sort of thing
>
> > Funny, I don't feel the same way about potato peeling. Perhaps it has
> > something to do with peeling 3kg every meal??
>
> maybe soon, you could invest in an auto tater peeler
>
> I can't believe McDonalds and Hardee's peelses theirs by hand.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2jz6eh
> hits one is only $1,170.00
>
> > I think it has more to do with mutual respect, & their wonderful
> > ability to calm me down when I go off on a wobbly now and again...!!
>
> haha, you might be spot on there
>
> > > The real way to learn anything is to go out and experience it, let
> > > your curiosity lead you. -Curios George
>
> > I agree. But you know what they say about curiosity, don't you?
>
> yes, but satisfaction brought it back
>
> > > Hey! Post pics of ya new cat! I saw a big beautiful orange cat in
> > > the bushes a few days ago. I wish I could catch him.
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Peaches/photo#5054078788...
> > S;o)
>
> Glad to hear good news bout Ringo, Peaches is just divine!

I have to agree with you there of course, because I agree with you. I
have a feeling that Lilly might not agree with you on this one.. but I
do...

That potato peeler looks like a nice bit of kit, but @ that price, I
can understand why they haven't invested in one, lol..
Interesting bit of nothing information, McCains have a factory up the
road from me where I used to work when desperate for the cash flow...
It is a real eye opener, suffice to say that I make my own chips these
days (fries?)..
I think we say chips for fries & crisps for potato chips. Weird eh?

I think it is just about time I explained to the kids that the washing
up water is not poisonous, & that peeling spuds( potatoes), doesn't do
itself, you think its time, lol?
S;o)

Matthew
April 17th 07, 01:41 AM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 16 Apr, 13:36, "Barry" > wrote:
>> On Apr 16, 8:26 am, "bookie" > wrote:
>>

>> > nah, men are crap, cats are better
>>
>> funny thing, I like my cats better than women, they don't TALK BACK
>
> I like my cats better than men because cats don't talk crap

<RASPBERRY>

Matthew
April 17th 07, 01:42 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "bookie" > wrote in message
> oups.com...

>>> funny thing, I like my cats better than women, they don't TALK BACK
>>
>> I like my cats better than men because cats don't talk crap
>>

> :)
>
> Nice one, Bookie.

You are going to get a spanking if you keep it up ;-) Wait Barry might like
that too much and want to watch :^)
<evil grin>

Matthew
April 17th 07, 01:44 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 16 Apr, 19:45, "body sweat" > wrote:

>> > Funny, I don't feel the same way about potato peeling. Perhaps it has
>> > something to do with peeling 3kg every meal??
>>
>> maybe soon, you could invest in an auto tater peeler
>>
>> I can't believe McDonalds and Hardee's peelses theirs by hand.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2jz6eh
>> hits one is only $1,170.00
>>
>> > I think it has more to do with mutual respect, & their wonderful
>> > ability to calm me down when I go off on a wobbly now and again...!!
>>
>> haha, you might be spot on there

>> > I agree. But you know what they say about curiosity, don't you?
>>
>> yes, but satisfaction brought it back

>> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Peaches/photo#5054078788...
>> > S;o)
>>
>> Glad to hear good news bout Ringo, Peaches is just divine!
>
> I have to agree with you there of course, because I agree with you. I
> have a feeling that Lilly might not agree with you on this one.. but I
> do...
>
> That potato peeler looks like a nice bit of kit, but @ that price, I
> can understand why they haven't invested in one, lol..
> Interesting bit of nothing information, McCains have a factory up the
> road from me where I used to work when desperate for the cash flow...
> It is a real eye opener, suffice to say that I make my own chips these
> days (fries?)..
> I think we say chips for fries & crisps for potato chips. Weird eh?
>
> I think it is just about time I explained to the kids that the washing
> up water is not poisonous, & that peeling spuds( potatoes), doesn't do
> itself, you think its time, lol?
> S;o)

Here is one for you **** on a shingle this ought to stump you for a while

Read below to find out what it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_on_a_shingle

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 02:02 AM
On 17 Apr, 01:44, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> maybe soon, you could invest in an auto tater peeler
>
> >> I can't believe McDonalds and Hardee's peelses theirs by hand.
>
> >>http://tinyurl.com/2jz6eh
> >> hits one is only $1,170.00

> >> haha, you might be spot on there

> >> yes, but satisfaction brought it back

> >> Glad to hear good news bout Ringo, Peaches is just divine!
>
> > I have to agree with you there of course, because I agree with you. I
> > have a feeling that Lilly might not agree with you on this one.. but I
> > do...
>
> > That potato peeler looks like a nice bit of kit, but @ that price, I
> > can understand why they haven't invested in one, lol..
> > Interesting bit of nothing information, McCains have a factory up the
> > road from me where I used to work when desperate for the cash flow...
> > It is a real eye opener, suffice to say that I make my own chips these
> > days (fries?)..
> > I think we say chips for fries & crisps for potato chips. Weird eh?
>
> > I think it is just about time I explained to the kids that the washing
> > up water is not poisonous, & that peeling spuds( potatoes), doesn't do
> > itself, you think its time, lol?
> > S;o)
>
> Here is one for you **** on a shingle this ought to stump you for a while
>
> Read below to find out what it is
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_on_a_shingle- Hide quoted text -

It did Matthew..
Interesting to know though. I though chips were confined to the
potato ..& you have taught me even more....

Only you can do that Matthew..LOL,
I seem to learn something new from you every day recently.
Thanks for the link BTW..
S;o)

Matthew
April 17th 07, 02:10 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 17 Apr, 01:44, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...

>> > I have to agree with you there of course, because I agree with you. I
>> > have a feeling that Lilly might not agree with you on this one.. but I
>> > do...
>>
>> > That potato peeler looks like a nice bit of kit, but @ that price, I
>> > can understand why they haven't invested in one, lol..
>> > Interesting bit of nothing information, McCains have a factory up the
>> > road from me where I used to work when desperate for the cash flow...
>> > It is a real eye opener, suffice to say that I make my own chips these
>> > days (fries?)..
>> > I think we say chips for fries & crisps for potato chips. Weird eh?
>>
>> > I think it is just about time I explained to the kids that the washing
>> > up water is not poisonous, & that peeling spuds( potatoes), doesn't do
>> > itself, you think its time, lol?
>> > S;o)
>>
>> Here is one for you **** on a shingle this ought to stump you for a
>> while
>>
>> Read below to find out what it is
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_on_a_shingle- Hide quoted text -

> It did Matthew..
> Interesting to know though. I though chips were confined to the
> potato ..& you have taught me even more....
>
> Only you can do that Matthew..LOL,
> I seem to learn something new from you every day recently.
> Thanks for the link BTW..
> S;o)

Us old farts come in handy once in a while

Ps don't ask me about Rocky mountain oysters or turkey fries with hot sauce
or scrapple with ketchup.

If you are brave enough even sweet breads are interesting to talk about.
Americans have no idea what these are and would run out the restaurant if
they were served to them

you will never look at food the same way again if I start telling you things

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 02:38 AM
On 16 Apr, 22:56, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 16 Apr, 18:00, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> > > stay out of your way? why get married at all sheelagh
> > > why are cats a necessity?- Hide quoted text -

> > You caught me out there, darn it, lol...
>
> > You suckered me & you are right off course..
> > Sod the men and bring on the cats..
> > I got a new cat BTW, she arrives tomorrow night..
> > Her Name is Peaches & she is a ragdoll Bi-colour rescue. I don't know
> > how long she will be with us, but I am looking forward to it all the
> > same...
> > S;o)- Hide quoted text -

> there had better some new photos to show us all then, i have been
> happily boring everyone at the rowing club with photos of terri (whose
> name shall be changing shortly cos terri is a crap name and doesn't
> suit her at all). they should feel lucky to be allowed to look at
> photos of her, she is beautiful
>
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

I thimk I made a mess of the link on the last time I tried to copy &
paste it, so here goes the next one for both Peaches & Chico too...

"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "bookie" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> I like my cats better than men because cats don't talk crap
>>>

>> :)
>>
>> Nice one, Bookie.
>
> You are going to get a spanking if you keep it up ;-) Wait Barry might
> like that too much and want to watch :^)
> <evil grin>

*wink*

body sweat
April 17th 07, 02:39 AM
On Apr 16, 5:54 pm, "bookie" > wrote:

> I like my cats better than men because cats don't talk crap

I like my cats better cause they don't tell me lies bookie

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 02:43 AM
On 17 Apr, 02:10, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On 17 Apr, 01:44, "Matthew" > wrote:
> >> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> Here is one for you **** on a shingle this ought to stump you for a
> >> while
>
> >> Read below to find out what it is
>
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_on_a_shingle-Hide quoted text -

> > It did Matthew..
> > Interesting to know though. I though chips were confined to the
> > potato ..& you have taught me even more....
>
> > Only you can do that Matthew..LOL,
> > I seem to learn something new from you every day recently.
> > Thanks for the link BTW..
> > S;o)
>
> Us old farts come in handy once in a while
>
> Ps don't ask me about Rocky mountain oysters or turkey fries with hot sauce
> or scrapple with ketchup.
>
> If you are brave enough even sweet breads are interesting to talk about.
> Americans have no idea what these are and would run out the restaurant if
> they were served to them
>
> you will never look at food the same way again if I start telling you things- Hide quoted text -

ROFLOL.
I know what sweet breads are, Paul loves them, but they are really
hard to find these days. Most of them are exported to countries where
it is more socially acceptable to eat them there..Silly really,,I
think that you might be right about the rest of them though..
S;o)

body sweat
April 17th 07, 02:49 AM
On Apr 16, 9:10 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:

> Ps don't ask me about Rocky mountain oysters or turkey fries with hot sauce
> or scrapple with ketchup.

Ok, RM Oysters... I am just guessing, lamb nuts?
turkey fries.. I"ve heard of them, not sure WHAT they are

> If you are brave enough even sweet breads are interesting to talk about.
> Americans have no idea what these are and would run out the restaurant if
> they were served to them

I first heard of sweet breads watching Hannibal Lector (Red Dragon,
Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising.) I haven't seen
the last installment.

> you will never look at food the same way again if I start telling you things

lol, tell it Matt!

Matthew
April 17th 07, 02:50 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On 17 Apr, 02:10, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...

>> oups.com...

>> > It did Matthew..
>> > Interesting to know though. I though chips were confined to the
>> > potato ..& you have taught me even more....
>>
>> > Only you can do that Matthew..LOL,
>> > I seem to learn something new from you every day recently.
>> > Thanks for the link BTW..
>> > S;o)
>>
>> Us old farts come in handy once in a while
>>
>> Ps don't ask me about Rocky mountain oysters or turkey fries with hot
>> sauce
>> or scrapple with ketchup.
>>
>> If you are brave enough even sweet breads are interesting to talk
>> about.
>> Americans have no idea what these are and would run out the restaurant if
>> they were served to them
>>
>> you will never look at food the same way again if I start telling you
>> things- Hide quoted text -

> ROFLOL.
> I know what sweet breads are, Paul loves them, but they are really
> hard to find these days. Most of them are exported to countries where
> it is more socially acceptable to eat them there..Silly really,,I
> think that you might be right about the rest of them though..
> S;o)

Use www.wikipedia.com to look them up make sure you are not drinking or
eating at the time. Paul might like them since he likes sweet breads. I
like blood sausage - white but I have to go back over there to get some.
Ask for that here and people think you are nuts or make a face at you

body sweat
April 17th 07, 02:52 AM
On Apr 16, 9:50 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> like blood sausage - white but I have to go back over there to get some.
> Ask for that here and people think you are nuts or make a face at you

and what really is that.. blood sausage.. does the FDA know about
this?

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 02:59 AM
On 17 Apr, 02:50, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On 17 Apr, 02:10, "Matthew" > wrote:
> >> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> oups.com...

> >> Us old farts come in handy once in a while
>
> >> Ps don't ask me about Rocky mountain oysters or turkey fries with hot
> >> sauce
> >> or scrapple with ketchup.
>
> >> If you are brave enough even sweet breads are interesting to talk
> >> about.
> >> Americans have no idea what these are and would run out the restaurant if
> >> they were served to them
>
> >> you will never look at food the same way again if I start telling you
> >> things- Hide quoted text -

> > ROFLOL.
> > I know what sweet breads are, Paul loves them, but they are really
> > hard to find these days. Most of them are exported to countries where
> > it is more socially acceptable to eat them there..Silly really,,I
> > think that you might be right about the rest of them though..
> > S;o)
>
> Usewww.wikipedia.com to look them up make sure you are not drinking or
> eating at the time. Paul might like them since he likes sweet breads. I
> like blood sausage - white but I have to go back over there to get some.
> Ask for that here and people think you are nuts or make a face at you- Hide quoted text -

We call "blood sauage", black pudding over here.. you can get white
pudding too, but personally, I don't know what the difference is..
I think my tummy would turn inside out right now if I went to the
link.. I might save it till the morning after a god mug of Tea...
Have you every tried Haggis or chitterlings at all?
They are fairly disgusting too!!
S;o)

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 03:00 AM
On 17 Apr, 02:52, body sweat > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 9:50 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
> > like blood sausage - white but I have to go back over there to get some.
> > Ask for that here and people think you are nuts or make a face at you
>
> and what really is that.. blood sausage.. does the FDA know about
> this?

It is made out of pigs blood usually....
S;o)

Matthew
April 17th 07, 03:04 AM
"body sweat" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 16, 9:10 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
>> Ps don't ask me about Rocky mountain oysters or turkey fries with hot
>> sauce
>> or scrapple with ketchup.
>
> Ok, RM Oysters... I am just guessing, lamb nuts?
> turkey fries.. I"ve heard of them, not sure WHAT they are
>
>> If you are brave enough even sweet breads are interesting to talk
>> about.
>> Americans have no idea what these are and would run out the restaurant if
>> they were served to them
>
> I first heard of sweet breads watching Hannibal Lector (Red Dragon,
> Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising.) I haven't seen
> the last installment.
>
>> you will never look at food the same way again if I start telling you
>> things
>
> lol, tell it Matt!

Barry just remember next time you eat peanut butter and you get a crunch
and it is not the crunchy kind it will make think about pest control.

Or when you eat that chicken egg and wonder why there is a little blood in
the yoke.

Or when you eat that cooked chicken leg from the fast food joint and the
meat is black

Or when you eat that steak and you wonder how and why it is USDA Choice.
What makes it that when we get beef and other meat products from over seas

It is ok go throw up and come back and read the rest.

A couple terms to make you think

The term "meat food product" means any product capable of use as human food
which is made wholly or in part from any meat or other portion of the
carcass of any cattle, sheep, swine, or goats, excepting products which
contain meat or other portions of such carcasses only in a relatively small
proportion or historically have not been considered by consumers as products
of the meat food industry, and which are exempted from definition as a meat
food product by the Secretary under such conditions as he may prescribe to
assure that the meat or other portions of such carcasses contained in such
product are not adulterated and that such products are not represented as
meat food products. This term as applied to food products of equines shall
have a meaning comparable to that provided in this paragraph with respect to
cattle, sheep, swine, and goats.

The term "capable of use as human food" shall apply to any carcass, or part
or product of a carcass, of any animal, unless it is denatured or otherwise
identified as required by regulations prescribed by the Secretary to deter
its use as human food, or it is naturally inedible by humans

Matthew
April 17th 07, 03:33 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 17 Apr, 02:50, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...

>> oups.com...

>> > ROFLOL.
>> > I know what sweet breads are, Paul loves them, but they are really
>> > hard to find these days. Most of them are exported to countries where
>> > it is more socially acceptable to eat them there..Silly really,,I
>> > think that you might be right about the rest of them though..
>> > S;o)
>>
>> Usewww.wikipedia.com to look them up make sure you are not drinking
>> or
>> eating at the time. Paul might like them since he likes sweet breads. I
>> like blood sausage - white but I have to go back over there to get some.
>> Ask for that here and people think you are nuts or make a face at you-

> We call "blood sauage", black pudding over here.. you can get white
> pudding too, but personally, I don't know what the difference is..
> I think my tummy would turn inside out right now if I went to the
> link.. I might save it till the morning after a god mug of Tea...
> Have you every tried Haggis or chitterlings at all?
> They are fairly disgusting too!!
> S;o)

Chittlens love them along with fried gizzards

Charlie Wilkes
April 17th 07, 06:37 AM
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:00:43 -0700, bookie wrote:

> you know cats always lower my heart rate and blood pressure, men just
> seem to elevate it both for all the wrong reasons. also I can have a
> cuddle and show affection towards my cats and they don't think that that
> is a sign that a quick shag is on the way, as pretty much all men seem
> to, unless they're gay.

Based on the attitude I see here, it should be easy enough for you to
avoid spontaneous displays of affection towards men. Or are you one of
those girls who likes to tease and get their hopes up, so you can have
the fun of telling them to **** off? I have been around such creatures,
and I learned a long time ago not to take the bait. I'll bet you are
just like that. All your seething aggression has to find an outlet
somewhere, after all.

Charlie

cybercat
April 17th 07, 06:51 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:00:43 -0700, bookie wrote:
>>
>> you know cats always lower my heart rate and blood pressure, men just
>> seem to elevate it both for all the wrong reasons. also I can have a
>> cuddle and show affection towards my cats and they don't think that that
>> is a sign that a quick shag is on the way, as pretty much all men seem
>> to, unless they're gay.
>
> Based on the attitude I see here, it should be easy enough for you to
> avoid spontaneous displays of affection towards men. Or are you one of
> those girls who likes to tease and get their hopes up, so you can have
> the fun of telling them to **** off? I have been around such creatures,
> and I learned a long time ago not to take the bait. I'll bet you are
> just like that. All your seething aggression has to find an outlet
> somewhere, after all.

Charlie, you need to get laid! I can't blame, you, so do I!

hahahaha!

Trust me, all that aggression doesn't always make it down that far,
MUhahahaha!

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 10:32 AM
On 17 Apr, 06:37, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:00:43 -0700, bookie wrote:
>
> > you know cats always lower my heart rate and blood pressure, men just
> > seem to elevate it both for all the wrong reasons. also I can have a
> > cuddle and show affection towards my cats and they don't think that that
> > is a sign that a quick shag is on the way, as pretty much all men seem
> > to, unless they're gay.
>
> Based on the attitude I see here, it should be easy enough for you to
> avoid spontaneous displays of affection towards men. Or are you one of
> those girls who likes to tease and get their hopes up, so you can have
> the fun of telling them to **** off? I have been around such creatures,
> and I learned a long time ago not to take the bait. I'll bet you are
> just like that. All your seething aggression has to find an outlet
> somewhere, after all.
>
> Charlie

Your forgetting the defining factor here Charlie ( & you too Barry for
that matter..)
Bookie is a Teacher, & teachers just love snotty nosed brats to pick
@. A bit like a crow feasting on a carcass really.. slow, but
inevitable....

Anyway, bookie wouldn't lead you up the garden path if it wasn't to
show you the dahlias, or tease you unless it was ripping the ****...
And.. If she intended to tell you to F**k Off, it would come first,
not last, lol;o)
Oh, us English Roses... it's all too much for me...I'm off to stroke
that lovely Ringo.. now there is a male that LOVES ME.....
S;o)

body sweat
April 17th 07, 10:55 AM
On Apr 17, 5:32 am, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 17 Apr, 06:37, Charlie Wilkes >
> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:00:43 -0700, bookie wrote:
>
> > > you know cats always lower my heart rate and blood pressure, men just
> > > seem to elevate it both for all the wrong reasons. also I can have a
> > > cuddle and show affection towards my cats and they don't think that that
> > > is a sign that a quick shag is on the way, as pretty much all men seem
> > > to, unless they're gay.
>
> > Based on the attitude I see here, it should be easy enough for you to
> > avoid spontaneous displays of affection towards men. Or are you one of
> > those girls who likes to tease and get their hopes up, so you can have
> > the fun of telling them to **** off? I have been around such creatures,
> > and I learned a long time ago not to take the bait. I'll bet you are
> > just like that. All your seething aggression has to find an outlet
> > somewhere, after all.
>
> > Charlie
>
> Your forgetting the defining factor here Charlie ( & you too Barry for
> that matter..)
> Bookie is a Teacher, & teachers just love snotty nosed brats to pick
> @. A bit like a crow feasting on a carcass really.. slow, but
> inevitable....
>
> Anyway, bookie wouldn't lead you up the garden path if it wasn't to
> show you the dahlias, or tease you unless it was ripping the ****...
> And.. If she intended to tell you to F**k Off, it would come first,
> not last, lol;o)
> Oh, us English Roses... it's all too much for me...I'm off to stroke
> that lovely Ringo.. now there is a male that LOVES ME.....
> S;o)

I have never considered whether or not I wanted to be with bookie in
the natural way.

Wait! ain't I the one that said.. "that dude who shaved his chest
should have tied her to the bed"

<stirring my am coffee>

bookie
April 17th 07, 11:35 AM
wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:00:43 -0700, bookie wrote:
>
> > you know cats always lower my heart rate and blood pressure, men just
> > seem to elevate it both for all the wrong reasons. also I can have a
> > cuddle and show affection towards my cats and they don't think that that
> > is a sign that a quick shag is on the way, as pretty much all men seem
> > to, unless they're gay.
>
> Based on the attitude I see here, it should be easy enough for you to
> avoid spontaneous displays of affection towards men. Or are you one of
> those girls who likes to tease and get their hopes up, so you can have
> the fun of telling them to **** off? I have been around such creatures,
> and I learned a long time ago not to take the bait. I'll bet you are
> just like that. All your seething aggression has to find an outlet
> somewhere, after all.
>
> Charlie

no actually, i just need a hug sometimes as we all do, but if you want
to think otherwise then go ahead, can't be bothered to disabuse you of
any bizarre notions

body sweat
April 17th 07, 11:46 AM
On Apr 17, 6:35 am, bookie > wrote:

> no actually, i just need a hug sometimes as we all do, but if you want
> to think otherwise then go ahead, can't be bothered to disabuse you of
> any bizarre notions

Sheelagh tossed my name in there.. but I never thought you was a
tease.
To her credit, she only used my name in her first comment.. the second
part of her post was for Chaaarlie

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 03:41 PM
On 17 Apr, 11:46, body sweat > wrote:
> On Apr 17, 6:35 am, bookie > wrote:
>
> > no actually, i just need a hug sometimes as we all do, but if you want
> > to think otherwise then go ahead, can't be bothered to disabuse you of
> > any bizarre notions
>
> Sheelagh tossed my name in there.. but I never thought you was a
> tease.
> To her credit, she only used my name in her first comment.. the second
> part of her post was for Chaaarlie

Everyone needs a hug sometimes, even porcupine me...
S;o)

body sweat
April 17th 07, 04:14 PM
On Apr 17, 10:41 am, sheelagh > wrote:

> Everyone needs a hug sometimes, even porcupine me...
> S;o)

and how do porcupines hug? very carefully

we got something to say about eeeverything don't we! lol

cybercat
April 17th 07, 05:20 PM
"bookie" > wrote

> no actually, i just need a hug sometimes as we all do, but if you want
> to think otherwise then go ahead, can't be bothered to disabuse you of
> any bizarre notions

No, no, no, NO, Bookie! If you have passion and fire, it has to mean
you need to ****. If you are annoyed, particularly at a man who is being
an asshole, it means you have PMS.

Let the big boys tell you allllll about yourself. And why they are sleeping
alone, if you think about it.

CatNipped
April 18th 07, 07:17 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "bookie" > wrote
>>
>> no actually, i just need a hug sometimes as we all do, but if you want
>> to think otherwise then go ahead, can't be bothered to disabuse you of
>> any bizarre notions
>>

> No, no, no, NO, Bookie! If you have passion and fire, it has to mean
> you need to ****. If you are annoyed, particularly at a man who is being
> an asshole, it means you have PMS.
>
> Let the big boys tell you allllll about yourself. And why they are
> sleeping
> alone, if you think about it.

LOL! Just as I learned *YEARS* ago that "I was wrong, I'm sorry" took away
99.99999999% of my problems with relationships, so did DH learn that "I was
wrong, I'm an asshole, I don't deserve you" took away 99.9999999999% of his
horniness! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

Matthew
April 18th 07, 07:24 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "bookie" > wrote
>>
>> no actually, i just need a hug sometimes as we all do, but if you want
>> to think otherwise then go ahead, can't be bothered to disabuse you of
>> any bizarre notions
>>

> No, no, no, NO, Bookie! If you have passion and fire, it has to mean
> you need to ****. If you are annoyed, particularly at a man who is being
> an asshole, it means you have PMS.
>
> Let the big boys tell you allllll about yourself. And why they are
> sleeping
> alone, if you think about it.

You know if course this means WAR ;-)
Now take a Midol will ya ;-)

ode de sweat
April 18th 07, 07:59 PM
"CatNipped" wrote in message >...

> LOL! Just as I learned *YEARS* ago that "I was wrong, I'm sorry" took away
> 99.99999999% of my problems with relationships, so did DH learn that "I
was
> wrong, I'm an asshole, I don't deserve you" took away 99.9999999999% of
his
> horniness! ;>

And how's that working out for you?

ode de sweat
April 18th 07, 08:00 PM
"CatNipped" wrote in message >...

> LOL! Just as I learned *YEARS* ago that "I was wrong, I'm sorry" took away
> 99.99999999% of my problems with relationships, so did DH learn that "I
was
> wrong, I'm an asshole, I don't deserve you" took away 99.9999999999% of
his
> horniness! ;>

And how's that working out for you?

Charlie Wilkes
April 18th 07, 08:06 PM
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 01:51:11 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:00:43 -0700, bookie wrote:
>>>
>>> you know cats always lower my heart rate and blood pressure, men just
>>> seem to elevate it both for all the wrong reasons. also I can have a
>>> cuddle and show affection towards my cats and they don't think that
>>> that is a sign that a quick shag is on the way, as pretty much all men
>>> seem to, unless they're gay.
>>
>> Based on the attitude I see here, it should be easy enough for you to
>> avoid spontaneous displays of affection towards men. Or are you one of
>> those girls who likes to tease and get their hopes up, so you can have
>> the fun of telling them to **** off? I have been around such
>> creatures, and I learned a long time ago not to take the bait. I'll
>> bet you are just like that. All your seething aggression has to find
>> an outlet somewhere, after all.
>>

> Charlie, you need to get laid! I can't blame, you, so do I!

Hmmm. Do I? One way or another, it costs money, and I'm on a low budget
these days.

> hahahaha!
>
> Trust me, all that aggression doesn't always make it down that far,
> MUhahahaha!

In America it makes it as far as the friendly neighborhood arms
merchant. Bookie has to find a different outlet, being as she lives in a
socialist nanny state where people aren't allowed to vent their
frustration with firearms.

Charlie

Matthew
April 18th 07, 08:17 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 01:51:11 -0400, cybercat wrote:

>>> Based on the attitude I see here, it should be easy enough for you to
>>> avoid spontaneous displays of affection towards men. Or are you one of
>>> those girls who likes to tease and get their hopes up, so you can have
>>> the fun of telling them to **** off? I have been around such
>>> creatures, and I learned a long time ago not to take the bait. I'll
>>> bet you are just like that. All your seething aggression has to find
>>> an outlet somewhere, after all.
>>>

>> Charlie, you need to get laid! I can't blame, you, so do I!
>
> Hmmm. Do I? One way or another, it costs money, and I'm on a low budget
> these days.
>

>> hahahaha!
>>
>> Trust me, all that aggression doesn't always make it down that far,
>> MUhahahaha!
>
> In America it makes it as far as the friendly neighborhood arms
> merchant. Bookie has to find a different outlet, being as she lives in a
> socialist nanny state where people aren't allowed to vent their
> frustration with firearms.
>
> Charlie

Alright Charlie lets line them up and let off a couple rounds just like
good olde' boys should do.

ode de sweat
April 18th 07, 08:23 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message

> LOL! Just as I learned *YEARS* ago that "I was wrong, I'm sorry" took
away
> 99.99999999% of my problems with relationships, so did DH learn that "I
was
> wrong, I'm an asshole, I don't deserve you" took away 99.9999999999% of
his
> horniness! ;>
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

woops! I apologize CN, I thought you was bragging about defrauding your
husband.
see.. then my response makes better sense.

cybercat
April 18th 07, 09:41 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote

>> Charlie, you need to get laid! I can't blame, you, so do I!
>
> Hmmm. Do I? One way or another, it costs money, and I'm on a low budget
> these days.

Charlie. You're either saying that the only women you have sex with are
hookers or that every woman is a hooker. I don't believe either one.

cybercat
April 18th 07, 09:42 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote

> LOL! Just as I learned *YEARS* ago that "I was wrong, I'm sorry" took
> away 99.99999999% of my problems with relationships, so did DH learn that
> "I was wrong, I'm an asshole, I don't deserve you" took away
> 99.9999999999% of his horniness! ;>

Tell me this, though, does he do the same thing over and over again and just
keep
saying "I'm sorry" instead of facing the problem?

cybercat
April 18th 07, 09:45 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "bookie" > wrote
>>>
>>> no actually, i just need a hug sometimes as we all do, but if you want
>>> to think otherwise then go ahead, can't be bothered to disabuse you of
>>> any bizarre notions
>>>

>> No, no, no, NO, Bookie! If you have passion and fire, it has to mean
>> you need to ****. If you are annoyed, particularly at a man who is being
>> an asshole, it means you have PMS.
>>
>> Let the big boys tell you allllll about yourself. And why they are
>> sleeping
>> alone, if you think about it.
>

> You know if course this means WAR ;-)
> Now take a Midol will ya ;-)

Surely you don't do this to your wife, Matthew. You don't seem the
type.

CatNipped
April 18th 07, 09:55 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>
>> LOL! Just as I learned *YEARS* ago that "I was wrong, I'm sorry" took
>> away 99.99999999% of my problems with relationships, so did DH learn that
>> "I was wrong, I'm an asshole, I don't deserve you" took away
>> 99.9999999999% of his horniness! ;>
>>

> Tell me this, though, does he do the same thing over and over again and
> just keep
> saying "I'm sorry" instead of facing the problem?

No, he has a never-ending supply of male stupidity! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
April 18th 07, 09:55 PM
"ode de sweat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>
>> LOL! Just as I learned *YEARS* ago that "I was wrong, I'm sorry" took
> away
>> 99.99999999% of my problems with relationships, so did DH learn that "I
> was
>> wrong, I'm an asshole, I don't deserve you" took away 99.9999999999% of
> his
>> horniness! ;>
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>

> woops! I apologize CN, I thought you was bragging about defrauding your
> husband.
> see.. then my response makes better sense.

No, not defrauding, defrocking!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Matthew
April 18th 07, 09:58 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote
>>>>
>>> Charlie, you need to get laid! I can't blame, you, so do I!
>>
>> Hmmm. Do I? One way or another, it costs money, and I'm on a low budget
>> these days.
>>

> Charlie. You're either saying that the only women you have sex with are
> hookers or that every woman is a hooker. I don't believe either one.

Heck it always cost us "MEN" in the end some how some way ;-)

Charlie Wilkes
April 18th 07, 10:10 PM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:41:25 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote
>>>>
>>> Charlie, you need to get laid! I can't blame, you, so do I!
>>
>> Hmmm. Do I? One way or another, it costs money, and I'm on a low
>> budget these days.
>>

> Charlie. You're either saying that the only women you have sex with are
> hookers or that every woman is a hooker. I don't believe either one.

Believe whatever you like. I am expressing a view based purely on my own
experience, which is that women usually seek material rewards in exchange
for sex. That was less true when I was a young man, but at the age I am
now (almost 50) any sexual offer is purely a business proposition, which
I tend to decline because I'm no longer driven to spread my seed every
which way.

Charlie

body sweat
April 18th 07, 10:36 PM
On Apr 18, 5:10 pm, Charlie Wilkes

> I tend to decline because I'm no longer driven to spread my seed every
> which way.
>
> Charlie

lmao

oh ****! damn!

ssshhhplllaaaattt!

oh im sorry

lol

yeeeaaah, you gotta pay for that up front too

body sweat
April 18th 07, 10:37 PM
On Apr 18, 4:55 pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:

> No, not defrauding, defrocking!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

You're type is too responsible for me. I couldn't get by with nothing!

mmm, ok, maybe a few little things.

You're perseverance is inspiring.

cybercat
April 18th 07, 10:39 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote

>>> Hmmm. Do I? One way or another, it costs money, and I'm on a low
>>> budget
>>> these days.
>>>

>> Charlie. You're either saying that the only women you have sex with are
>> hookers or that every woman is a hooker. I don't believe either one.
>
> Heck it always cost us "MEN" in the end some how some way ;-)

And you think it costs women nothing?

Matthew
April 18th 07, 10:47 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "bookie" > wrote

>>> No, no, no, NO, Bookie! If you have passion and fire, it has to mean
>>> you need to ****. If you are annoyed, particularly at a man who is being
>>> an asshole, it means you have PMS.
>>>
>>> Let the big boys tell you allllll about yourself. And why they are
>>> sleeping
>>> alone, if you think about it.
>>

>> You know if course this means WAR ;-)
>> Now take a Midol will ya ;-)
>
> Surely you don't do this to your wife, Matthew. You don't seem the
> type.

EX WIFE or did you I forget to tell you my excellent Xmas gift ;-)

Matthew
April 18th 07, 10:53 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "bookie" > wrote

>>> No, no, no, NO, Bookie! If you have passion and fire, it has to mean
>>> you need to ****. If you are annoyed, particularly at a man who is being
>>> an asshole, it means you have PMS.
>>>
>>> Let the big boys tell you allllll about yourself. And why they are
>>> sleeping
>>> alone, if you think about it.
>>

>> You know if course this means WAR ;-)
>> Now take a Midol will ya ;-)
>
> Surely you don't do this to your wife, Matthew. You don't seem the
> type.

EX WIFE or did you I forget to tell you my excellent Xmas gift ;-)

body sweat
April 18th 07, 10:55 PM
On Apr 18, 5:53 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message

> >> You know if course this means WAR ;-)
> >> Now take a Midol will ya ;-)
>
> > Surely you don't do this to your wife, Matthew. You don't seem the
> > type.
>
> EX WIFE or did you I forget to tell you my excellent Xmas gift ;-)

THUS your remark about the pre-nup.

Good for you Matt, another gold digger bites the dust.

Nothing against women.. not at all.. but shallow is shallow bro.
Good for you.

cybercat
April 18th 07, 10:58 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote

> Believe whatever you like. I am expressing a view based purely on my own
> experience, which is that women usually seek material rewards in exchange
> for sex.

Didn't you ever have a relationship with a woman who made good money?
Or just had her own money? Or wasn't that interested in "stuff?"

I have never been that sort of woman, and in fact my first and only great
love made Barry look like a millionaire. I've always thought that women
who married primarily for money might just as well be plying their trade
on a street corner. And, while not totally gorgeous, I was pretty enough,
so it is not like I was compensating for having a head like a buffalo or
anything, ahahaha! Like you, now that I am older, (48) I realize I am
no longer in the Prime Meat case, hence the past tense.

I should have met you when we were younger. I could have taught you
a thing or two. ;)

>That was less true when I was a young man, but at the age I am
> now (almost 50) any sexual offer is purely a business proposition, which
> I tend to decline because I'm no longer driven to spread my seed every
> which way.

Charlie, men are very attractive in their 50s to some women. And what is
between the ears is always the sexiest thing about a man--for decent,
intelligent women who are just a bit more than 1/4 inch deep. However--
deeply entrenched cynicism can be a real poisoner. You know that, I am
sure you do.

cybercat
April 18th 07, 11:00 PM
"Matthew" > wrote
> EX WIFE or did you I forget to tell you my excellent Xmas gift ;-)

****, Matthew are you serious? No. I didn't know.

Matthew
April 18th 07, 11:26 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote
>> EX WIFE or did you I forget to tell you my excellent Xmas gift ;-)
>
> ****, Matthew are you serious? No. I didn't know.
I will email you later and give you the whole story enough said already in
the group ;-)
but Barry had it right another gold digger bit the dust

cybercat
April 18th 07, 11:36 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote
>>> EX WIFE or did you I forget to tell you my excellent Xmas gift ;-)
>>
>> ****, Matthew are you serious? No. I didn't know.
> I will email you later and give you the whole story enough said already
> in the group ;-)
> but Barry had it right another gold digger bit the dust

Well, I'm sorry. But certainly, it is sometimes better to be free of
someone, especially if they treat you disprespectfully.

Charlie Wilkes
April 18th 07, 11:47 PM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:58:03 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote
>>
>> Believe whatever you like. I am expressing a view based purely on my
>> own experience, which is that women usually seek material rewards in
>> exchange for sex.
>
> Didn't you ever have a relationship with a woman who made good money? Or
> just had her own money? Or wasn't that interested in "stuff?"

Not really. When I was in my 20s, I was living in NYC and I had a
girlfriend who became my girlfriend largely because she couldn't afford
to pay rent. She and I broke up after I moved to the island, and from
then on, it was all these impoverished hippie chicks... I didn't indulge
myself with many of them, and the few I did made me regret it. Of course
I was flying around the country much of the time, living in hotels, and
it interfered with my social life. Now I'm retired and I have no
motivation to chase after women. I'm burnt out. But I remember being
Bookie's age and having similar angst but from a male perspective, i.e.,
I wanted something, but I wanted it on my own terms and those weren't the
terms under which it was offered.

Charlie

cybercat
April 18th 07, 11:53 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote >

>But I remember being
> Bookie's age and having similar angst but from a male perspective, i.e.,
> I wanted something, but I wanted it on my own terms and those weren't the
> terms under which it was offered.

Well put, Charlie. I spent many, many years that way.

Really, though, not every woman is out for money and stuff.

There are lots of women who want nothing more than for a man
to pull his own weight financially--and many who will even support
the right man, financially.

sheelagh
April 19th 07, 02:15 AM
On 18 Apr, 23:36, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote in message

> > "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
> >> "Matthew" > wrote
>
> >> ****, Matthew are you serious? No. I didn't know.
> > I will email you later and give you the whole story enough said already
> > in the group ;-)
> > but Barry had it right another gold digger bit the dust
>
> Well, I'm sorry. But certainly, it is sometimes better to be free of
> someone, especially if they treat you disrespectfully.

How right you are. A relationship with someone who doesn't treat you
as an equal, has no right to share your life.
Whilst I am sorry that this happened to you, I am pleased that you
didn't settle for second best. So many people seem to & to me it seems
such a valuable waste of years, that you could spend pursuing
something that does make you happy.

No one can be happy with anyone who doesn't make them feel like their
heart skipped a beat when they walk into the room your in...If that
feeling is not there, then you know that you are doing the wrong thing
for what you believe to be the right reasons...
I am glad for you, but sorry if it hurt your heart & soul having to
allow her to bite the dust....
S.

body sweat
April 19th 07, 02:46 AM
On Apr 18, 9:15 pm, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 18 Apr, 23:36, "cybercat" > wrote:

> > > I will email you later and give you the whole story enough said already
> > > in the group ;-)
> > > but Barry had it right another gold digger bit the dust
>
> > Well, I'm sorry. But certainly, it is sometimes better to be free of
> > someone, especially if they treat you disrespectfully.
>
> How right you are. A relationship with someone who doesn't treat you
> as an equal, has no right to share your life.
> Whilst I am sorry that this happened to you, I am pleased that you
> didn't settle for second best. So many people seem to & to me it seems
> such a valuable waste of years, that you could spend pursuing
> something that does make you happy.
>
> No one can be happy with anyone who doesn't make them feel like their
> heart skipped a beat when they walk into the room your in...If that
> feeling is not there, then you know that you are doing the wrong thing
> for what you believe to be the right reasons...
> I am glad for you, but sorry if it hurt your heart & soul having to
> allow her to bite the dust....
> S.

yeah! and ever time she came home from shopping, Matt would look at
the check register and his heart would skip a beat (does that count?)

sheelagh
April 19th 07, 03:06 AM
On 17 Apr, 16:14, body sweat > wrote:
> On Apr 17, 10:41 am, sheelagh > wrote:
>
> > Everyone needs a hug sometimes, even porcupine me...
> > S;o)
>
> and how do porcupines hug? very carefully
>
> we got something to say about eeeverything don't we! lol

I think the perception of an English woman tends to be that of one
with a stiff upper lip. Whilst this is still somewhat true of women
born in the 60's, most younger women wouldn't feel affected by that
notion at all. Of course, we haven't thrown class, background and
education into that mix, but if you did, each one would produce a
different answer....

Some of us were flower power girls ( the early 60's babies), others
were educated to think that class meant everything when choosing a
spouse.. or should I say that our parents thought so, when we were
introducing potential spouses? Some parents thought that living with a
partner was totally out of the question, but others took it for
granted that it would be ok. Everything depended on other relevant
factors I guess!

I can only speak for myself here. I ended up marrying a guy because I
got pregnant & I was so darned well worried about how my parents would
feel about me living in sin, as my dear mother would call it, that I
decided to get [email protected] 18 , so that she didn't get the chance to let
rip at me about it all. ( how sad is that, eh?)

However, she did get the satisfaction of accompanying me to the
solicitor 2 years later to file for unreasonable behavior in my
pursuit for a divorce with both black eyes to match each other...He
drank like a fish & could never remember the beatings when he woke up
from the drunken stupor, so that was my only way out & I took it
before Kt was old enough to remember him....

What did I learn?

Not a great deal until I hit my Mid 30's...

I learnt that to be in love, you have to have a mutual respect for
your partner, & that after the first flush of lust/love, that there
still has to be a spark between you; there has to be a certain longing
for someone who you know will be your soul mate after that flush & to
know that you are certain that you want to be with that same person
when you get old together too.

Age is a very important factor too. you need to be similar in age,
because I have found out the hard way that a persons interests can
differ to their partners based on age alone. What you want @ 30, can
be a very different thing to what your partner wants if he is [email protected] the
same time that you are 30;age does matter!!
( this is just an example)

I like a man that can support himself, & respects me for who I am
rather than what they would like me to be. That you have to show and
share interests, Trust the other implicitly....& the older you get,
the wiser you get..unfortunately, the older you get you also become
pickier too. Sex is great, but it isn't everything. Nevertheless, I
truely think that when you get older, you come to a stage where you do
believe that if you can't find what you really want, then second best
can go take a jump because I am too old to settle for second best. I
am worth more to myself than that...(41)

> > Everyone needs a hug sometimes, even porcupine me...

I guess so..I can be very prickly, but not with someone I love...

<blush>

> and how do porcupines hug? very carefully

I assume so. I have never got over prickly with some one that I care
deeply for.

> we got something to say about eeeverything don't we! lol

We do seem to be able to bring up the oddest of conversation threads,
don't we, lol...
S;o)

sheelagh
April 19th 07, 03:19 AM
On 19 Apr, 02:15, sheelagh > wrote:
> On 18 Apr, 23:36, "cybercat" > wrote:

> > > I will email you later and give you the whole story enough said already
> > > in the group ;-)
> > > but Barry had it right another gold digger bit the dust
>
> > Well, I'm sorry. But certainly, it is sometimes better to be free of
> > someone, especially if they treat you disrespectfully.
>
> How right you are. A relationship with someone who doesn't treat you
> as an equal, has no right to share your life.
> Whilst I am sorry that this happened to you, I am pleased that you
> didn't settle for second best. So many people seem to & to me it seems
> such a valuable waste of years, that you could spend pursuing
> something that does make you happy.
>
> No one can be happy with anyone who doesn't make them feel like their
> heart skipped a beat when they walk into the room your in...If that
> feeling is not there, then you know that you are doing the wrong thing
> for what you believe to be the right reasons...
> I am glad for you, but sorry if it hurt your heart & soul having to
> allow her to bite the dust....
> S.- Hide quoted text -

[email protected], sorry Cyber, I was replying to your post, but speaking to
Matthew too...
S;o)

sheelagh
April 19th 07, 03:20 AM
On 19 Apr, 02:46, body sweat > wrote:
> On Apr 18, 9:15 pm, sheelagh > wrote:

> > > Well, I'm sorry. But certainly, it is sometimes better to be free of
> > > someone, especially if they treat you disrespectfully.
>
> > How right you are. A relationship with someone who doesn't treat you
> > as an equal, has no right to share your life.
> > Whilst I am sorry that this happened to you, I am pleased that you
> > didn't settle for second best. So many people seem to & to me it seems
> > such a valuable waste of years, that you could spend pursuing
> > something that does make you happy.
>
> > No one can be happy with anyone who doesn't make them feel like their
> > heart skipped a beat when they walk into the room your in...If that
> > feeling is not there, then you know that you are doing the wrong thing
> > for what you believe to be the right reasons...
> > I am glad for you, but sorry if it hurt your heart & soul having to
> > allow her to bite the dust....
> > S.
>
> yeah! and ever time she came home from shopping, Matt would look at
> the check register and his heart would skip a beat (does that count?)- Hide quoted text -

Not quite, ROFLOL
S;o)

body sweat
April 19th 07, 03:21 AM
On Apr 18, 10:06 pm, sheelagh > wrote:

> We do seem to be able to bring up the oddest of conversation threads,
> don't we, lol...
> S;o)

Wow. Your story is all too familiar. You are very smart to have gotten
out when you did.

Yes, it's good to take stock in our own welfare when we ought to.

You did a very nice job explaining peoples priorities. english folk
that is...
with given exceptions...

anyway.. I can't help but feel.. Americans are past that stage.
about class and... it's importance etc...
I mean sure.. we do it plenty.. but.. see..

America is a hum of mixed races and creeds etc...
we have everything.

Why anyone would be glad that our president gives heed to heathen gods
is beyond me.

America was founded by Christian men, not men that feared heathen
gods.

We've got a pot full of heathens over here now... we're all going to
hell in a basket.

sheelagh
April 19th 07, 04:05 AM
On 18 Apr, 22:10, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:41:25 -0400, cybercat wrote:
> > "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote

> >> Hmmm. Do I? One way or another, it costs money, and I'm on a low
> >> budget these days.
>
> > Charlie. You're either saying that the only women you have sex with are
> > hookers or that every woman is a hooker. I don't believe either one.
>
> Believe whatever you like. I am expressing a view based purely on my own
> experience, which is that women usually seek material rewards in exchange
> for sex. That was less true when I was a young man, but at the age I am
> now (almost 50) any sexual offer is purely a business proposition, which
> I tend to decline because I'm no longer driven to spread my seed every
> which way.
>
> Charlie

I can't help feeling really sad that you have never met a woman that
didn't love you for being Charlie, & no more than that. Truly,
whatever your belief is, there are women out there who **don't look at
men in a materialistic way**.
I can honestly say that I have "never" looked at a man & chosen him
for what he has, what he might provide for me Or even what he might
give me, other than his undivided attention, his love and his respect
too...

I do understand what you mean about it not being such the case when
you were younger though.. lets face it, we have all got [email protected] faced &
took someone home one starry summer night..(or am I the only one,
lol?)

Charlie, nearly 50 is not old at all....
However, I do understand why you might feel that way. I am 41 & feel
like my shelf life might be a little nearer my sell by date, than not,
lol....

You should be out there still looking for that one person that you
might wish to share the rest of your life with. I understand your
cynical view, but it doesn't mean that I agree with it. On the
contrary, I think you should be actively thinking about what you do
want to do with the next 25-30 years.
I know that Mr Tweakers is speacial to you, but you need more than
that, & there is someone out there who will love you, for you, &
nothing else. You happen to have met the wrong sort, & unfortunately
for you, you think that all women are like that - But we are not, I
assure you of that one....
S;o)

body sweat
April 19th 07, 04:21 AM
On Apr 18, 6:47 pm, Charlie Wilkes >
wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:58:03 -0400, cybercat wrote:
> > "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote
>
> >> Believe whatever you like. I am expressing a view based purely on my
> >> own experience, which is that women usually seek material rewards in
> >> exchange for sex.
>
> > Didn't you ever have a relationship with a woman who made good money? Or
> > just had her own money? Or wasn't that interested in "stuff?"
>
> Not really. When I was in my 20s, I was living in NYC and I had a
> girlfriend who became my girlfriend largely because she couldn't afford
> to pay rent. She and I broke up after I moved to the island, and from
> then on, it was all these impoverished hippie chicks... I didn't indulge
> myself with many of them, and the few I did made me regret it. Of course
> I was flying around the country much of the time, living in hotels, and
> it interfered with my social life. Now I'm retired and I have no
> motivation to chase after women. I'm burnt out. But I remember being
> Bookie's age and having similar angst but from a male perspective, i.e.,
> I wanted something, but I wanted it on my own terms and those weren't the
> terms under which it was offered.
>
> Charlie

aaaanyway

I found a new way to kindle a fire under heavy logs.

Take an empty cat food can... pack it with kitty litter.. soak it with
kero
burns like a sterno... worked for this heaby ass green oak log...we
got big coals goin on now.

Charlies got women he could date and hug and kiss and probably curazy
about him. Charlie is working on something. He knows it too. He's
scheming.

A woman would beset him right now.

Matthew
April 19th 07, 04:47 AM
"body sweat" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 18, 9:15 pm, sheelagh > wrote:

>> > Well, I'm sorry. But certainly, it is sometimes better to be free of
>> > someone, especially if they treat you disrespectfully.
>>
>> How right you are. A relationship with someone who doesn't treat you
>> as an equal, has no right to share your life.
>> Whilst I am sorry that this happened to you, I am pleased that you
>> didn't settle for second best. So many people seem to & to me it seems
>> such a valuable waste of years, that you could spend pursuing
>> something that does make you happy.
>>
>> No one can be happy with anyone who doesn't make them feel like their
>> heart skipped a beat when they walk into the room your in...If that
>> feeling is not there, then you know that you are doing the wrong thing
>> for what you believe to be the right reasons...
>> I am glad for you, but sorry if it hurt your heart & soul having to
>> allow her to bite the dust....
>> S.
>
> yeah! and ever time she came home from shopping, Matt would look at
> the check register and his heart would skip a beat (does that count?)

I still have nightmares about that ;-)

Matthew
April 19th 07, 04:48 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 19 Apr, 02:15, sheelagh > wrote:

>> > Well, I'm sorry. But certainly, it is sometimes better to be free of
>> > someone, especially if they treat you disrespectfully.
>>
>> How right you are. A relationship with someone who doesn't treat you
>> as an equal, has no right to share your life.
>> Whilst I am sorry that this happened to you, I am pleased that you
>> didn't settle for second best. So many people seem to & to me it seems
>> such a valuable waste of years, that you could spend pursuing
>> something that does make you happy.
>>
>> No one can be happy with anyone who doesn't make them feel like their
>> heart skipped a beat when they walk into the room your in...If that
>> feeling is not there, then you know that you are doing the wrong thing
>> for what you believe to be the right reasons...
>> I am glad for you, but sorry if it hurt your heart & soul having to
>> allow her to bite the dust....
>> S.- Hide quoted text -

> [email protected], sorry Cyber, I was replying to your post, but speaking to
> Matthew too...
> S;o)

WE forgive you

Charlie Wilkes
April 19th 07, 05:05 AM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:05:01 -0700, sheelagh wrote:

> You should be out there still looking for that one person that you might
> wish to share the rest of your life with.

Perhaps, Sheelagh. But my heart's not in it, and it's not really fair to
hold out the prospect of something I'm not willing to deliver, is it?

I understand your cynical
> view, but it doesn't mean that I agree with it. On the contrary, I think
> you should be actively thinking about what you do want to do with the
> next 25-30 years. I know that Mr Tweakers is speacial to you, but you
> need more than that, & there is someone out there who will love you, for
> you, & nothing else. You happen to have met the wrong sort, &

Well, I have created the wrong impression. I should mention that I've
had a couple of fairly long-term relationships and remain on good terms
with both of the victims. One of them in fact remains my closest
friend. But, when we were together as a couple, she had expectations I
wasn't willing to meet. Now there are no such expectations.

Charlie

Charlie Wilkes
April 19th 07, 05:09 AM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:21:52 -0700, body sweat wrote:

> I found a new way to kindle a fire under heavy logs.
>
> Take an empty cat food can... pack it with kitty litter.. soak it with
> kero
> burns like a sterno... worked for this heaby ass green oak log...we got

There you go. Sawdust and dirty motor oil work too.

I am already getting my wood up for next winter.

Charlie

sheelagh
April 19th 07, 04:16 PM
On 19 Apr, 04:48, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> How right you are. A relationship with someone who doesn't treat you
> >> as an equal, has no right to share your life.
> >> Whilst I am sorry that this happened to you, I am pleased that you
> >> didn't settle for second best. So many people seem to & to me it seems
> >> such a valuable waste of years, that you could spend pursuing
> >> something that does make you happy.
>
> >> No one can be happy with anyone who doesn't make them feel like their
> >> heart skipped a beat when they walk into the room your in...If that
> >> feeling is not there, then you know that you are doing the wrong thing
> >> for what you believe to be the right reasons...
> >> I am glad for you, but sorry if it hurt your heart & soul having to
> >> allow her to bite the dust....
> >> S.- Hide quoted text -

> > [email protected], sorry Cyber, I was replying to your post, but speaking to
> > Matthew too...
> > S;o)
>
> WE forgive you- Hide quoted text -

Thanx