PDA

View Full Version : $5.00 Reward to Cat Protector

Barry
April 16th 07, 06:31 PM
CP ILL PAY YOU 5.00 ON PAYPAL TO TELL THE DAMN TRUTH

DID YOU REALLY MAKE A FUSS ABOUT 25c per can cat food?

ILL PAY YOU 5 BUX TO TELL THE TRUTH

I might even pay 10 to someone who will... dig up the actual post
where it makes a fuss

be sure post your paypal addy

Cat Protector
April 16th 07, 08:09 PM
I never said anything about 25 cent cat food. Why are yopu and your
followers trying to make trouble for me here. Don't you get sick and tired
of abusing others on this group?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> CP ILL PAY YOU 5.00 ON PAYPAL TO TELL THE DAMN TRUTH
>
> DID YOU REALLY MAKE A FUSS ABOUT 25c per can cat food?
>
> ILL PAY YOU 5 BUX TO TELL THE TRUTH
>
> I might even pay 10 to someone who will... dig up the actual post
> where it makes a fuss
>
> be sure post your paypal addy

body sweat
April 16th 07, 09:02 PM
On Apr 16, 3:09 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I never said anything about 25 cent cat food. Why are yopu and your
> followers trying to make trouble for me here. Don't you get sick and tired
> of abusing others on this group?

no no

look, not another victim
you said what you said

but I find this NEW information about your acting like a nut over 24c
cans of happy jack a riot

somebody will post it cp, may as well fess up now

it's like an arraignment, you should consider a plea bargain

--
what did you do? make a little dance on here? man I can't wait to see
the transcripts

"gee wow, im a happy cat now"... is that it?

it's going be good

body sweat
April 16th 07, 09:12 PM
On Apr 16, 3:09 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I never said anything about 25 cent cat food. Why are yopu and your
> followers trying to make trouble for me here. Don't you get sick and tired
> of abusing others on this group?
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!www.panthertekit.com"Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > CP ILL PAY YOU 5.00 ON PAYPAL TO TELL THE DAMN TRUTH
>
> > DID YOU REALLY MAKE A FUSS ABOUT 25c per can cat food?
>
> > ILL PAY YOU 5 BUX TO TELL THE TRUTH
>
> > I might even pay 10 to someone who will... dig up the actual post
> > where it makes a fuss
>
> > be sure post your paypal addy

besides.. what's eating you
it's so clear that you are pressed down and over burdened
sorry for that...
but.. these people are your friends...

they're as grounded and normal as they come, there's a lot of common
sense in the group I mean... old fashioned horse sense...

you've got too much on you, you don't know how to get out from under it

Punch
April 16th 07, 10:07 PM
On Apr 16, 3:09 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I never said anything about 25 cent cat food. Why are yopu and your
> followers trying to make trouble for me here. Don't you get sick and tired
> of abusing others on this group?
>
> --

Mmm hmmmm. You silly, hypocritical asshole.

You're criticizing Fancy Feast, when you fed your cat WALMART
brand cat food for FOUR YEARS. The first ingredient in "Special
Kitty,"
one of the recalled cat foods, by the way, is "chicken by-products."

Message from discussion Walmart Canned Cat Food
View parsed - Show only message text
From: "Cat Protector" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Walmart Canned Cat Food
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:23:49 GMT

Has anyone here fed their cat the Walmart brand of cat food called
Special
Kitty? If so, did your cat like it?

--
Cat Galaxy- The Internet radio station for cats. Meow meow meow!!
http://members.cox.net/catprotector/station

The forum for felines everywhere. Join the Cat Galaxy Forum today!
Meow!
http://communities.msn.com/CatGalaxy

From: "Cat Protector" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Subject: Re: "Best by" dates
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:19:31 -0700

Karen,

It is all about choice. Just like us, cats can choose not to eat
certain
foods. I brought home a bag of Iams once and my cats wouldn't even
touch it.
Right now they get Special Kitty and Friskies canned and they love it.

www.panthertekit.com

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Message from discussion Costco's Kirkland Cat Food = Premium Cat Food?
View parsed - Show only message text
From: "Cat Protector" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Subject: Re: Costco's Kirkland Cat Food = Premium Cat Food?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:13:20 -0700

Don't listen to those who feel your cat should be eating what their
cats do.
My cats are all healthy and have no problem with the grocery bought
cat
foods. It's funny how you hear from some people who say that by
feeding your
cat the so-called premium foods that they'll live longer. I have heard
of
cats living close to 20 (and a few even older) that ate store bought
food.

It's funny how people get attacked on this group simply because they
don't
feed their cats what some others consider a high quality food. It
seems if
you are not apart of a certain clique or agree with some of the more
snobbish people on this newsgroup, then you are considered a bad
person and
thus attacked. BTW, cats are meat eaters primarily and if you feed
them a
vegetarian diet then you are doing them a lot of harm.

--
http://tinyurl.com/2f47mq
http://tinyurl.com/23ozk9

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 01:52 AM
On 16 Apr, 22:07, "Punch" > wrote:
> [...]
> foods. It's funny how you hear from some people who say that by
> feeding your
> cat the so-called premium foods that they'll live longer. I have heard
> of
> cats living close to 20 (and a few even older) that ate store bought
> food.
>
> It's funny how people get attacked on this group simply because they
> don't
> feed their cats what some others consider a high quality food. It
> seems if
> you are not apart of a certain clique or agree with some of the more
> snobbish people on this newsgroup, then you are considered a bad
> person and
> thus attacked. BTW, cats are meat eaters primarily and if you feed
> them a
> vegetarian diet then you are doing them a lot of harm.

A very interesting bit of posting there...
Well found Punch, lol..
S;lo)

Matthew
April 17th 07, 02:00 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> CP ILL PAY YOU 5.00 ON PAYPAL TO TELL THE DAMN TRUTH
>
> DID YOU REALLY MAKE A FUSS ABOUT 25c per can cat food?
>
> ILL PAY YOU 5 BUX TO TELL THE TRUTH
>
> I might even pay 10 to someone who will... dig up the actual post
> where it makes a fuss
>
> be sure post your paypal addy

I would pay him $50.00 bucks just to STFU and go away

Cat Protector
April 17th 07, 02:01 AM
I never fed my cat Special Kitty for 4 years. If you have proof of it
through receipts I'd like to see it. I find it amazing that everyone here is
going to destort the truth in order to attack someone but isn't that what
some here will do. I guess no matter what is said, people will always get
attacked here. Very sad that this group has turned into such a bad place to
come. It used to be very informative too.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Punch" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> [...]
> foods. It's funny how you hear from some people who say that by
> feeding your
> cat the so-called premium foods that they'll live longer. I have heard
> of
> cats living close to 20 (and a few even older) that ate store bought
> food.
>
> It's funny how people get attacked on this group simply because they
> don't
> feed their cats what some others consider a high quality food. It
> seems if
> you are not apart of a certain clique or agree with some of the more
> snobbish people on this newsgroup, then you are considered a bad
> person and
> thus attacked. BTW, cats are meat eaters primarily and if you feed
> them a
> vegetarian diet then you are doing them a lot of harm.

Cat Protector
April 17th 07, 02:06 AM
You only proved one thing. You people have no life if you are going to go
through the trouble of reposting something that was posted 5 years ago at a
time when I was trying other brands in order to find the right one. I guess
you conveniently left out the healthy brands I was also using. Get a life
people!!

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> A very interesting bit of posting there...
> Well found Punch, lol..
> S;lo)

body sweat
April 17th 07, 02:17 AM
On Apr 16, 9:01 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I never fed my cat Special Kitty for 4 years. If you have proof of it
> through receipts I'd like to see it. I find it amazing that everyone here is
> going to destort the truth in order to attack someone but isn't that what
> some here will do. I guess no matter what is said, people will always get
> attacked here. Very sad that this group has turned into such a bad place to
> come. It used to be very informative too.

oh please, you tell one lie you'd tell two..

if these honest people recall your 4 YEAR RUN ON SSSPPPPEEEECIAL
KITTY!
then that's what you did cp...

what's the big deal

Charlie Wilkes
April 17th 07, 02:19 AM
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:07:15 -0700, Punch wrote:

> On Apr 16, 3:09 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> I never said anything about 25 cent cat food. Why are yopu and your
>> followers trying to make trouble for me here. Don't you get sick and
>> tired of abusing others on this group?
>>
>> --
>
> Mmm hmmmm. You silly, hypocritical asshole.
>
> You're criticizing Fancy Feast, when you fed your cat WALMART brand cat
> food for FOUR YEARS. The first ingredient in "Special Kitty,"
> one of the recalled cat foods, by the way, is "chicken by-products."

Hmmm. I sometimes feed my cat Special Kitty Adult Care Urinary Tract
Health kibbles (not subject to the recall). I'm a bit skeptical about
whether "premium" cat foods are different from or better than store
brands.

Charlie

body sweat
April 17th 07, 02:19 AM
On Apr 16, 9:00 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...> CP ILL PAY YOU 5.00 ON PAYPAL TO TELL THE DAMN TRUTH
>
> > DID YOU REALLY MAKE A FUSS ABOUT 25c per can cat food?
>
> > ILL PAY YOU 5 BUX TO TELL THE TRUTH
>
> > I might even pay 10 to someone who will... dig up the actual post
> > where it makes a fuss
>
> > be sure post your paypal addy
>
> I would pay him $50.00 bucks just to STFU and go away

tell ya what, lol, send me the 50, then I can pay Punch the 10 I owe
them
then with the balance I could get a niiiiice .. uh.. SHOES that nice
pair of shoes I saw in the window downtown.

body sweat
April 17th 07, 02:22 AM
On Apr 16, 5:07 pm, "Punch" > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 3:09 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>
> > I never said anything about 25 cent cat food. Why are yopu and your
> > followers trying to make trouble for me here. Don't you get sick and tired
> > of abusing others on this group?
>
> > --
>
> Mmm hmmmm. You silly, hypocritical asshole.

>> Has anyone here fed their cat the Walmart brand of cat food called
>> Special
> >Kitty? If so, did your cat like it?

haha, Nice work Punch, thanks, I love it!
Im only as good as my word, do you have a paypal addy?
Ill send you the 10 bux as promised

Barry

Matthew
April 17th 07, 02:36 AM
"body sweat" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 16, 9:00 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> "Barry" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...> CP ILL PAY
>> YOU 5.00 ON PAYPAL TO TELL THE DAMN TRUTH
>>
>> > DID YOU REALLY MAKE A FUSS ABOUT 25c per can cat food?
>>
>> > ILL PAY YOU 5 BUX TO TELL THE TRUTH
>>
>> > I might even pay 10 to someone who will... dig up the actual post
>> > where it makes a fuss
>>
>> > be sure post your paypal addy
>>
>> I would pay him $50.00 bucks just to STFU and go away
>

> tell ya what, lol, send me the 50, then I can pay Punch the 10 I owe
> them
> then with the balance I could get a niiiiice .. uh.. SHOES that nice
> pair of shoes I saw in the window downtown.

Wal-mart is cheaper you can getyour uhhh blunts there < evil grin > ;-)

body sweat
April 17th 07, 02:38 AM
On Apr 16, 9:36 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:

> Wal-mart is cheaper you can getyour uhhh blunts there < evil grin > ;-)

yeah, but they might have bi-products in their blunts

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 02:49 AM
On 17 Apr, 02:00, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...> CP ILL PAY YOU 5.00 ON PAYPAL TO TELL THE DAMN TRUTH
>
> > DID YOU REALLY MAKE A FUSS ABOUT 25c per can cat food?
>
> > ILL PAY YOU 5 BUX TO TELL THE TRUTH
>
> > I might even pay 10 to someone who will... dig up the actual post
> > where it makes a fuss
>
> > be sure post your paypal addy
>
> I would pay him $50.00 bucks just to STFU and go away
Why am I not surprised Matthew?

<evil grin all over my face here>
I have a feeling that you aren't going to get that pay pal address
somehow, lol;o)
S;o)

body sweat
April 17th 07, 02:51 AM
On Apr 16, 9:49 pm, sheelagh > wrote:

> Why am I not surprised Matthew?
>
> <evil grin all over my face here>
> I have a feeling that you aren't going to get that pay pal address
> somehow, lol;o)
> S;o)

OH HELL look out Matt, I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but she
ain't messin with no broke nigga

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 02:52 AM
On 17 Apr, 02:19, body sweat > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 9:00 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
> > "Barry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...> CP ILL PAY YOU 5.00 ON PAYPAL TO TELL THE DAMN TRUTH
>
> > > DID YOU REALLY MAKE A FUSS ABOUT 25c per can cat food?
>
> > > ILL PAY YOU 5 BUX TO TELL THE TRUTH
>
> > > I might even pay 10 to someone who will... dig up the actual post
> > > where it makes a fuss
>
> > > be sure post your paypal addy
>
> > I would pay him $50.00 bucks just to STFU and go away
>
> tell ya what, lol, send me the 50, then I can pay Punch the 10 I owe
> them
> then with the balance I could get a niiiiice .. uh.. SHOES that nice
> pair of shoes I saw in the window downtown.

I bet you did
<he he ha ha>makes me laugh just thinking about it....

Barry, Can I ask you something?
You have come up with some brilliant persona's over the years, but
none so derogatory as the one that you are using presently..

Can't you think of something...well, nicer?
S;o)

Lynne
April 17th 07, 03:11 AM
on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 01:01:50 GMT, "Cat Protector" >
wrote:

> I guess no matter what is said, people will always get
> attacked here.

When "people" equals someone who makes claims and either can't back them up
or refuses to do so, yes. Same goes for people who give dangerous or
stupid advice.

> Very sad that this group has turned into such a bad
> place to come. It used to be very informative too.

Then why are you still here?

--
Lynne

Matthew
April 17th 07, 03:32 AM
"body sweat" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 16, 9:49 pm, sheelagh > wrote:
>
>> Why am I not surprised Matthew?
>>
>> <evil grin all over my face here>
>> I have a feeling that you aren't going to get that pay pal address
>> somehow, lol;o)
>> S;o)
>
> OH HELL look out Matt, I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but she
> ain't messin with no broke nigga

Easy there boy as long as the gold digger puts out I got a contract that
she can sign that says she can pay me when it is all done and over. And she
will never know what hit her

body sweat
April 17th 07, 04:24 AM
On Apr 16, 10:32 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:

> Easy there boy as long as the gold digger puts out I got a contract that
> she can sign that says she can pay me when it is all done and over. And she
> will never know what hit her

I know that's right.

but bout sheelagh?

She is someone I would love to see hit the lottery.
1. she deserves it
2. I know she would break me off a piece

Matthew
April 17th 07, 04:32 AM
"body sweat" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 16, 10:32 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
>> Easy there boy as long as the gold digger puts out I got a contract that
>> she can sign that says she can pay me when it is all done and over. And
>> she
>> will never know what hit her
>
> I know that's right.
>
> but bout sheelagh?
>
> She is someone I would love to see hit the lottery.
> 1. she deserves it
> 2. I know she would break me off a piece

Careful talk about breaking off a piece CP or Iben might bend you over and
give you a piece being you are a broka nigga and got no slap for the caps
;-)

Someone will be saying you dog where is the pudding if you got the pie :-)

Sherry
April 17th 07, 04:47 AM
On Apr 16, 2:09 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I never said anything about 25 cent cat food. Why are yopu and your
> followers trying to make trouble for me here. Don't you get sick and tired
> of abusing others on this group?
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!www.catgalaxymedia.com

Sorry, CP. My memory didn't serve me well and I had to google it. It
wasn't
25-cent cat food. It was 22-cent cat food. Here's what you said:

"Actually I found it is more economical to buy Walmart's brand of food
called
Special Kitty. A 4 pack of the smaller cans is about 88 cents compared
to 3
cans of Friskies which is about 93 cents".

From: "Cat Protector" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Re: Canned food - prices
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:31:07 -0700

Actually I found it is more economical to buy Walmart's brand of food
called
Special Kitty. A 4 pack of the smaller cans is about 88 cents compared
to 3
cans of Friskies which is about 93 cents.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

body sweat
April 17th 07, 05:14 AM
On Apr 16, 11:32 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "body sweat" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...> On Apr 16, 10:32 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
> >> Easy there boy as long as the gold digger puts out I got a contract that
> >> she can sign that says she can pay me when it is all done and over. And
> >> she
> >> will never know what hit her
>
> > I know that's right.
>
> > but bout sheelagh?
>
> > She is someone I would love to see hit the lottery.
> > 1. she deserves it
> > 2. I know she would break me off a piece
>
> Careful talk about breaking off a piece CP or Iben might bend you over and
> give you a piece being you are a broka nigga and got no slap for the caps
> ;-)
>
> Someone will be saying you dog where is the pudding if you got the pie :-)

don't make me roll you again matt

put the blunt down and slowly back away

Matthew
April 17th 07, 05:22 AM
"body sweat" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 16, 11:32 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> "body sweat" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...> On Apr 16,

>> > I know that's right.
>>
>> > but bout sheelagh?
>>
>> > She is someone I would love to see hit the lottery.
>> > 1. she deserves it
>> > 2. I know she would break me off a piece
>>
>> Careful talk about breaking off a piece CP or Iben might bend you over
>> and
>> give you a piece being you are a broka nigga and got no slap for the caps
>> ;-)
>>
>> Someone will be saying you dog where is the pudding if you got the pie
>> :-)
>
> don't make me roll you again matt
>
> put the blunt down and slowly back away

See I tell you about someone bending you over and you talk about rolling me.
You got to have cash to touch my pudding pie
Now pass it [email protected] stop holdin' and start a tokin'

Charlie Wilkes
April 17th 07, 06:19 AM
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:06:06 -0700, Cat Protector wrote:

> You only proved one thing. You people have no life if you are going to
> go through the trouble of reposting something that was posted 5 years
> ago at a time when I was trying other brands in order to find the right
> one. I guess you conveniently left out the healthy brands I was also
> using. Get a life people!!

??? Why did you deny this in the first place if it's so trivial?

You have made yourself out to be a liar.

Charlie

Meghan Noecker
April 17th 07, 08:50 AM
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:06:06 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>You only proved one thing. You people have no life if you are going to go
>through the trouble of reposting something that was posted 5 years ago at a
>time when I was trying other brands in order to find the right one. I guess
>you conveniently left out the healthy brands I was also using. Get a life
>people!!

But, you of all people, should understand what it is like to be
attacked for the food you feed. So, instead of attacking others now,
why not stick to educating people in a friendly way.

I think all of us have changed our opinion on one topic or another
over the years. But we also know where we came from and don't attack
others for thinking the same way we used to.

I used to feed friskies too, and I don't now. But I don't attack
others who do. I just tell them that my cats have improved with X
food, and they may want to give it a try.

body sweat
April 17th 07, 11:07 AM
On Apr 17, 3:50 am, Meghan Noecker > wrote:

> But, you of all people, should understand what it is like to be
> attacked for the food you feed. So, instead of attacking others now,
> why not stick to educating people in a friendly way.

Yeah, he jumps in and tells everyone they are feeding their pets
garbage.

Which is fine... we grown and all.. but turns out.. he's a hypocrite
of the first order.
Sherry pulled his pants down and burnt him a new one.

Of course Punch put on the strap on and finished the job.

Sherry
April 17th 07, 04:58 PM
On Apr 17, 2:50 am, Meghan Noecker > wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:06:06 -0700, "Cat Protector"
>
> > wrote:
> >You only proved one thing. You people have no life if you are going to go
> >through the trouble of reposting something that was posted 5 years ago at a
> >time when I was trying other brands in order to find the right one. I guess
> >you conveniently left out the healthy brands I was also using. Get a life
> >people!!
>
> But, you of all people, should understand what it is like to be
> attacked for the food you feed. So, instead of attacking others now,
> why not stick to educating people in a friendly way.
>
> I think all of us have changed our opinion on one topic or another
> over the years. But we also know where we came from and don't attack
> others for thinking the same way we used to.
>
> I used to feed friskies too, and I don't now. But I don't attack
> others who do. I just tell them that my cats have improved with X
> food, and they may want to give it a try.

Ha! I've got you beat. I used to feed Meow Mix. Dry Meow Mix.
At least Friskies doesn't have screaming orange dye that never
comes out of the carpet. Try *wetting* some Meow Mix
sometime. It becomes, hell, I don't know WHAT it becomes. Something
weird and otherworldly. Then think about how that's what it looks like
*inside*
a cat's stomache.
Actually, it was when I first started reading cat newsgroups 12-13
years ago
my interest got piqued about the quality of cat food. Thanks
to the internet, actually. Back then, there really wasn't a way for me
learn about cat nutrition, except for asking the vet.
But, to be totally fair though, I have to admit the cats were healthy
eating MM. I believe
it's because they just had good moggie genes and were lucky.
And I'm not one of those people who *insist* your cat has to be fed
ultra-expensive food.
I just think people ought to feed the best they can afford.

Sherry

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 06:08 PM
On 17 Apr, 02:51, body sweat > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 9:49 pm, sheelagh > wrote:
>
> > Why am I not surprised Matthew?
>
> > <evil grin all over my face here>
> > I have a feeling that you aren't going to get that pay pal address
> > somehow, lol;o)
> > S;o)
>
> OH HELL look out Matt, I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but she
> ain't messin with no broke nigga

JUST FOUND THIS ONE
ROFLOL
s;o)

sheelagh
April 17th 07, 06:13 PM
On 17 Apr, 04:24, body sweat > wrote:
> On Apr 16, 10:32 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>
> > Easy there boy as long as the gold digger puts out I got a contract that
> > she can sign that says she can pay me when it is all done and over. And she
> > will never know what hit her
>
> I know that's right.
>
> but bout sheelagh?
>
> She is someone I would love to see hit the lottery.
> 1. she deserves it
> 2. I know she would break me off a piece

MORE LOLs What can I say.. you would all get a slice if I won it..
My gold diggin days are over now,.. I am just happy with a few cats
and a cuddle now & again...
That so bad?
S;o)

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 06:14 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:07:15 -0700, Punch wrote:
>
>> On Apr 16, 3:09 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>>> I never said anything about 25 cent cat food. Why are yopu and your
>>> followers trying to make trouble for me here. Don't you get sick and
>>> tired of abusing others on this group?
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Mmm hmmmm. You silly, hypocritical asshole.
>>
>> You're criticizing Fancy Feast, when you fed your cat WALMART brand cat
>> food for FOUR YEARS. The first ingredient in "Special Kitty,"
>> one of the recalled cat foods, by the way, is "chicken by-products."
>
> Hmmm. I sometimes feed my cat Special Kitty Adult Care Urinary Tract
> Health kibbles (not subject to the recall). I'm a bit skeptical about
> whether "premium" cat foods are different from or better than store
> brands.
>
> Charlie

I think a lot of us have been shocked to learn how many "premium" brands
were getting the exact same ingredients from the exact same supplier as the
cheap, store-brand foods!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
April 17th 07, 07:17 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message

>>> Mmm hmmmm. You silly, hypocritical asshole.
>>>
>>> You're criticizing Fancy Feast, when you fed your cat WALMART brand cat
>>> food for FOUR YEARS. The first ingredient in "Special Kitty,"
>>> one of the recalled cat foods, by the way, is "chicken by-products."
>>
>> Hmmm. I sometimes feed my cat Special Kitty Adult Care Urinary Tract
>> Health kibbles (not subject to the recall). I'm a bit skeptical about
>> whether "premium" cat foods are different from or better than store
>> brands.
>>
>> Charlie
>
> I think a lot of us have been shocked to learn how many "premium" brands
> were getting the exact same ingredients from the exact same supplier as
> the cheap, store-brand foods!!!

Charlie missed the point, which was that CP was calling FF crap, when
he had fed his cats much worse food for years. A first ingredient of beef,
beef broth, chicken, liver, turkey, etc., as we find in most FF varieties,
is much better qualuty protein than a first ingredient of chicken
byproducts,
which is what we find in "Special Kitty." In addition, cat foods loaded
with grain, as "Special Kitty" is, are not as good for cats, e.g. not as
high
quality, as cat foods that have little or no grain and are mostly meat, as
Fancy Feast does. Special Kitty wouldbe good for your squirrels or
Sherry's rabbits, but FF canned is better for cats.

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 07:50 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message

>>> Hmmm. I sometimes feed my cat Special Kitty Adult Care Urinary Tract
>>> Health kibbles (not subject to the recall). I'm a bit skeptical about
>>> whether "premium" cat foods are different from or better than store
>>> brands.
>>>
>>> Charlie
>>
>> I think a lot of us have been shocked to learn how many "premium" brands
>> were getting the exact same ingredients from the exact same supplier as
>> the cheap, store-brand foods!!!
>>

> Charlie missed the point, which was that CP was calling FF crap, when
> he had fed his cats much worse food for years. A first ingredient of beef,
> beef broth, chicken, liver, turkey, etc., as we find in most FF varieties,
> is much better qualuty protein than a first ingredient of chicken
> byproducts,
> which is what we find in "Special Kitty." In addition, cat foods loaded
> with grain, as "Special Kitty" is, are not as good for cats, e.g. not as
> high
> quality, as cat foods that have little or no grain and are mostly meat, as
> Fancy Feast does. Special Kitty wouldbe good for your squirrels or
> Sherry's rabbits, but FF canned is better for cats.

True. However, even some "premium" foods have by-products listed as the
first ingredient and are abundant in "fillers". My point was this...

The culprit in this recall was wheat gluten. Wheat gluten is not something
that cats need or that they can use nutritionally. It is added purely as a
filler or to make a cat food visionally appealling to a cat owner (e.g. the
"in gravy" or chunky cat foods). The extra ingredients did nothing more
than create more work for pet parents in scooping litter boxes.

Also, people who were concerned enough about their cats to shell out the
extra money for "premium" brands of cat food were
shocked/disappointed/appalled/chagrined that they were getting the same
ingredients found in generic store-brands. So, essentially, they were
paying two or three times as much for something that was not even needed by
their cats - and in doing so, they were poisoning their pets!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
April 17th 07, 08:02 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote

> True. However, even some "premium" foods have by-products listed as the
> first ingredient and are abundant in "fillers". My point was this...
>
> The culprit in this recall was wheat gluten. Wheat gluten is not
> something that cats need or that they can use nutritionally. It is added
> purely as a filler or to make a cat food visionally appealling to a cat
> owner (e.g. the "in gravy" or chunky cat foods). The extra ingredients
> did nothing more than create more work for pet parents in scooping litter
> boxes.
>
> Also, people who were concerned enough about their cats to shell out the
> extra money for "premium" brands of cat food were
> shocked/disappointed/appalled/chagrined that they were getting the same
> ingredients found in generic store-brands. So, essentially, they were
> paying two or three times as much for something that was not even needed
> by their cats - and in doing so, they were poisoning their pets!

Yep, we have, like, five different topics going on here. :)

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 08:13 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message

> filler or to make a cat food visionally appealling to a cat owner (e.g.
> the
^^^^^^

Ack! What happened to my spellchecker??!! Of course I meant visually.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sherry
April 17th 07, 08:18 PM
On Apr 17, 2:13�pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message

> > filler or to make a cat food visionally appealling to a cat owner (e.g.
> > the
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *^^^^^^
>
> Ack! *What happened to my spellchecker??!! *Of course I meant visually.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Haha!! I didn't even catch that. Me, Ms. Spellflamer herself must be
slacking.
That's really a funny word though. They shoulda used that in those
Geo. Bush
parodies on Sat. Night Live. Doesn't it sound like a word he'd use?

Sherry

CatNipped
April 17th 07, 08:24 PM
"Sherry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 17, 2:13?pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message

> > filler or to make a cat food visionally appealling to a cat owner (e.g.
> > the
>
> ^^^^^^
>
> Ack! What happened to my spellchecker??!! Of course I meant visually.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Haha!! I didn't even catch that. Me, Ms. Spellflamer herself must be
slacking.
That's really a funny word though. They shoulda used that in those
Geo. Bush
parodies on Sat. Night Live. Doesn't it sound like a word he'd use?

Sherry

============

LOL!! Yep, it does!

BTW, what newsreader are you using, Sherry? Every time I respond to you it
doesn't put in the extra ">"s so it makes it hard to *visually* determine
that someone is replying to you (I've noticed this in other replies to you
also).

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
April 17th 07, 08:48 PM
"Sherry" > wrote

>Haha!! I didn't even catch that. Me, Ms. Spellflamer herself must be
slacking.
>That's really a funny word though. They shoulda used that in those
Geo. Bush
>parodies on Sat. Night Live. Doesn't it sound like a word he'd use?

Sometimes I think Shrub is the illegitimate child of Archie Bunker.

Sherry
April 17th 07, 08:59 PM
On Apr 17, 2:24�pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> "Sherry" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
> On Apr 17, 2:13?pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
>
> > "CatNipped" > wrote in message

> > > filler or to make a cat food visionally appealling to a cat owner (e.g.
> > > the
>
> > * * * * * * * * * * * ^^^^^^
>
> > Ack! What happened to my spellchecker??!! Of course I meant visually.
>
> > Hugs,
>
> > CatNipped
>
> Haha!! I didn't even catch that. Me, Ms. Spellflamer herself must be
> slacking.
> That's really a funny word though. They shoulda used that in those
> Geo. Bush
> parodies on Sat. Night Live. Doesn't it sound like a word he'd use?
>
> Sherry
>
> ============
>
> LOL!! *Yep, it does!
>
> BTW, what newsreader are you using, Sherry? *Every time I respond to you it
> doesn't put in the extra ">"s so it makes it hard to *visually* determine
> that someone is replying to you (I've noticed this in other replies to you
> also).
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

I just post through Google. I've noticed that too. It doesn't happen
every time, with every poster, but it does happen sometimes.
For some reason, when I type something, it doesn't always
automatically wrap. So sometimes I have to hit a hard return at the
end of each line. I wonder if that's when it happens. I'm not sure how
to fix that, since it's not something that happens always, just
sometimes.

Sherry

Meghan Noecker
April 18th 07, 10:23 AM
On 17 Apr 2007 08:58:18 -0700, Sherry > wrote:

>Ha! I've got you beat. I used to feed Meow Mix. Dry Meow Mix.
>At least Friskies doesn't have screaming orange dye that never
>comes out of the carpet. Try *wetting* some Meow Mix
>sometime. It becomes, hell, I don't know WHAT it becomes. Something
>weird and otherworldly. Then think about how that's what it looks like
>*inside*
>a cat's stomache.
>Actually, it was when I first started reading cat newsgroups 12-13
>years ago
>my interest got piqued about the quality of cat food. Thanks
>to the internet, actually. Back then, there really wasn't a way for me
>learn about cat nutrition, except for asking the vet.
>But, to be totally fair though, I have to admit the cats were healthy
>eating MM. I believe
>it's because they just had good moggie genes and were lucky.
>And I'm not one of those people who *insist* your cat has to be fed
>ultra-expensive food.
>I just think people ought to feed the best they can afford.

Pretty similar story here. I grew up with the cats being fed Friskies.
I remember being insulted when a snobby pet shop clerk told me I was
killing my cats and they would never live past 10 years old. Fiona was
17 at the time and live almost 2 more years. So, it was easy to blow
it off as hype when our cats were doing just fine on the "garbage".

It wasn't until I tried a sammple of food for seniors that I decided
premium foods were worth a look. I am still in the middle. I feed
better food than I did, but the ultra spendy food.

I did try a sample of Eagle Pack canned today. Chase licked it for a
minute then waited for a can of Fancy Feast. Jay Jay didn't even lick
it. He pulled his head back and looked offended. He was actually
starting to leave the room by the time I quit laughing and got a can
of Fancy Feast out and served him something he would eat.

Jay Jay never ate canned food before the Fancy Feast. I remember being
harrassed on the list for not feeding him canned, but I he wouldn't
eat anything I served. It was only this past year that he started
checking out the plates after Kira on occasion and then showing up on
a regular basis.