PDA

View Full Version : Melamine rice protein sold to 5 pet food companies

buglady
April 18th 07, 04:42 AM
Boy everyone is kneeling at the pew tonight. Do they think no one's
noticing?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/2007-04-17-premium-pet-food-recalle
d_N.htm?csp=34

The rice protein concentrate was imported from China by San Francisco-based
Wilbur-Ellis. Herrick says the concentrate, which is being tested, is
suspected to have melamine, as it was the only new ingredient. Recalled
Natural Balance products include Venison and Brown Rice canned and dry dog
foods, dog treats and Venison and Green Pea dry cat food.

Wilbur-Ellis CEO John Thacher said his company sold the concentrate to five
pet-food makers, but that most of it went to two firms. One of the primary
companies was Diamond Pet Foods, which packs some of the Natural Balance
product but doesn't use the concentrate in any Diamond-made foods, says
Diamond spokesman Jim Fallon. The other major customer, which Thacher would
not name, tested the rice protein and found no melamine, Thacher says.
{..}
The Food and Drug Administration offered no comment Tuesday. It said Monday
that Natural Balance had informed the agency of the issue. Thacher says it
told the FDA on Sunday that it had detected melamine in some rice protein
concentrate imported from China about a week ago. Wilbur-Ellis has ceased
importing the ingredient from the Chinese firm, Binzhou Futian Biology
Technology, Thacher says.
----------------------
A WEEK AGO? I hope that's a misprint. I need to go to bed before I
self-compost.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

jmc
April 19th 07, 10:21 AM
Suddenly, without warning, buglady exclaimed (18-Apr-07 1:12 PM):
> Boy everyone is kneeling at the pew tonight. Do they think no one's
> noticing?
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/2007-04-17-premium-pet-food-recalle
> d_N.htm?csp=34

"requested document not found"

CatNipped
April 19th 07, 03:44 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, buglady exclaimed (18-Apr-07 1:12 PM):
>> Boy everyone is kneeling at the pew tonight. Do they think no one's
>> noticing?
>>
>> http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/2007-04-17-premium-pet-food-recalle
>> d_N.htm?csp=34
>>
> "requested document not found"

Her link "wrapped" - you have to add the "d_N.htm?csp=34" to the end of the
URL. Here, try this: http://tinyurl.com/38chdn.

Hugs,

CatNipped