PDA

View Full Version : New to the group... an intro

Cynthia P
April 18th 07, 09:07 AM
I've been reading and lurking, but as I just posted on the road trip
thread, I thought I should perhaps introduce myself and my cats.

The cat I mentioned in the road trip thread was Gray... a very, very
special boy. Very smart, very sweet, the kind of cat that people would
meet and be instantly impressed by. We had 14 lovely years together
and when I got married, he just loved his new dad.

I unfortunately lost my beloved Gray last May to cardiomyopathy, he
never exhibited any signs of illness until too late. I only knew after
the autopsy. I still miss him.

But at the time, we had already adopted two kittens who were born
under the deck of our new house the previous summer, and having them
was a comfort. Tablet is a brown tabby male shorthair and Sister, a
dilute calico longhair female. Brother and sister, but they don't look
a thing like each other! Completely different body types, color, fur,
even the vet has trouble believing they are related, LOL!

Gray wasn't too fond of them at first, but after a while, he started
playing with Tablet and I think they both really enjoyed their little
wrestling and pecking matches.

Three days after Gray died, another kitten appeared. We are sure Gray
sent her, because Tablet was grieving terribly for his "big kitty" and
crying all the time. Luna is a dilute calico with very short plush
hair. She's a bold and aggressive little girl, and quickly developed a
friendship with Tab. She more or less took over the #1 cat spot in the
pecking order.

Sister feels that Tablet and Luna are *commoners* and *hooligans* and
she prefers not to play with them. Sister is *royal*. Fortunately,
they all get along mostly, but I'm afraid that Tablet and Luna do
irritate Sister sometimes by chasing her.

They are all so different, but all wonderful cats.

Tablet actually BARKS when he gets wound up! First I've ever seen
that! He sometimes will play fetch with a catnip mouse or other toy.
We say he "channels Rover". He's one powerful dude... you just see his
muscles rippling on him! He loves dragging things about the house,
sort of a weightlifting kitty I guess!

Anyone else have a cat that barks?

--
Cynthia P

body sweat
April 18th 07, 12:18 PM
On Apr 18, 4:07 am, Cynthia P > wrote:

> Anyone else have a cat that barks?

No real cats, but had a lady friend who would bark at certain times.

cindys
April 18th 07, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the group!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"Cynthia P" > wrote in message
> I've been reading and lurking, but as I just posted on the road trip
> thread, I thought I should perhaps introduce myself and my cats.
>
> The cat I mentioned in the road trip thread was Gray... a very, very
> special boy. Very smart, very sweet, the kind of cat that people would
> meet and be instantly impressed by. We had 14 lovely years together
> and when I got married, he just loved his new dad.
>
> I unfortunately lost my beloved Gray last May to cardiomyopathy, he
> never exhibited any signs of illness until too late. I only knew after
> the autopsy. I still miss him.
>
> But at the time, we had already adopted two kittens who were born
> under the deck of our new house the previous summer, and having them
> was a comfort. Tablet is a brown tabby male shorthair and Sister, a
> dilute calico longhair female. Brother and sister, but they don't look
> a thing like each other! Completely different body types, color, fur,
> even the vet has trouble believing they are related, LOL!
>
> Gray wasn't too fond of them at first, but after a while, he started
> playing with Tablet and I think they both really enjoyed their little
> wrestling and pecking matches.
>
> Three days after Gray died, another kitten appeared. We are sure Gray
> sent her, because Tablet was grieving terribly for his "big kitty" and
> crying all the time. Luna is a dilute calico with very short plush
> hair. She's a bold and aggressive little girl, and quickly developed a
> friendship with Tab. She more or less took over the #1 cat spot in the
> pecking order.
>
> Sister feels that Tablet and Luna are *commoners* and *hooligans* and
> she prefers not to play with them. Sister is *royal*. Fortunately,
> they all get along mostly, but I'm afraid that Tablet and Luna do
> irritate Sister sometimes by chasing her.
>
> They are all so different, but all wonderful cats.
>
> Tablet actually BARKS when he gets wound up! First I've ever seen
> that! He sometimes will play fetch with a catnip mouse or other toy.
> We say he "channels Rover". He's one powerful dude... you just see his
> muscles rippling on him! He loves dragging things about the house,
> sort of a weightlifting kitty I guess!
>
> Anyone else have a cat that barks?
>

> --
> Cynthia P

body sweat
April 18th 07, 12:57 PM
On Apr 18, 7:18 am, body sweat > wrote:
> On Apr 18, 4:07 am, Cynthia P > wrote:
>
> > Anyone else have a cat that barks?
>
> No real cats, but had a lady friend who would bark at certain times.

Other times, she would paw the ground

sheelagh
April 18th 07, 02:08 PM
On 18 Apr, 09:07, Cynthia P > wrote:
> I've been reading and lurking, but as I just posted on the road trip
> thread, I thought I should perhaps introduce myself and my cats.
>
> The cat I mentioned in the road trip thread was Gray... a very, very
> special boy. Very smart, very sweet, the kind of cat that people would
> meet and be instantly impressed by. We had 14 lovely years together
> and when I got married, he just loved his new dad.
>
> I unfortunately lost my beloved Gray last May to cardiomyopathy, he
> never exhibited any signs of illness until too late. I only knew after
> the autopsy. I still miss him.
>
> But at the time, we had already adopted two kittens who were born
> under the deck of our new house the previous summer, and having them
> was a comfort. Tablet is a brown tabby male shorthair and Sister, a
> dilute calico longhair female. Brother and sister, but they don't look
> a thing like each other! Completely different body types, color, fur,
> even the vet has trouble believing they are related, LOL!
>
> Gray wasn't too fond of them at first, but after a while, he started
> playing with Tablet and I think they both really enjoyed their little
> wrestling and pecking matches.
>
> Three days after Gray died, another kitten appeared. We are sure Gray
> sent her, because Tablet was grieving terribly for his "big kitty" and
> crying all the time. Luna is a dilute calico with very short plush
> hair. She's a bold and aggressive little girl, and quickly developed a
> friendship with Tab. She more or less took over the #1 cat spot in the
> pecking order.
>
> Sister feels that Tablet and Luna are *commoners* and *hooligans* and
> she prefers not to play with them. Sister is *royal*. Fortunately,
> they all get along mostly, but I'm afraid that Tablet and Luna do
> irritate Sister sometimes by chasing her.
>
> They are all so different, but all wonderful cats.
>
> Tablet actually BARKS when he gets wound up! First I've ever seen
> that! He sometimes will play fetch with a catnip mouse or other toy.
> We say he "channels Rover". He's one powerful dude... you just see his
> muscles rippling on him! He loves dragging things about the house,
> sort of a weightlifting kitty I guess!
>
> Anyone else have a cat that barks?
>
> --
> Cynthia P

welcome to the Cat Slave Club
S:o)

Lynne
April 18th 07, 06:40 PM
on Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:07:45 GMT, Cynthia P > wrote:

> Anyone else have a cat that barks?

I don't have a cat that barks, but we were found by a stray dog this
weekend that bleats like a sheep!

Welcome to the group! Your kitties sound wonderful. I really enjoyed
reading about them.

--
Lynne

body sweat
April 18th 07, 06:57 PM
On Apr 18, 4:07 am, Cynthia P > wrote:

> Anyone else have a cat that barks?

you have GOT to post an audio file of this! I want to hear a cat bark.

I believe you and all.. I just want to hear it.

Charlie Wilkes
April 18th 07, 10:40 PM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 04:57:47 -0700, body sweat wrote:

> On Apr 18, 7:18 am, body sweat > wrote:
>> On Apr 18, 4:07 am, Cynthia P > wrote:
>>
>> > Anyone else have a cat that barks?
>>
>> No real cats, but had a lady friend who would bark at certain times.
>
> Other times, she would paw the ground

HORK!

"Now I'm not the world's most passionate guy, but when she squeezed me
tight she nearly broke my spine..."

Cynthia P
April 29th 07, 09:17 AM
On 18 Apr 2007 06:08:30 -0700, sheelagh wrote:

> On 18 Apr, 09:07, Cynthia P > wrote:
>> I've been reading and lurking, but as I just posted on the road trip
>> thread, I thought I should perhaps introduce myself and my cats.
>>
>> The cat I mentioned in the road trip thread was Gray... a very, very
>> special boy. Very smart, very sweet, the kind of cat that people would
>> meet and be instantly impressed by. We had 14 lovely years together
>> and when I got married, he just loved his new dad.
>>
>> I unfortunately lost my beloved Gray last May to cardiomyopathy, he
>> never exhibited any signs of illness until too late. I only knew after
>> the autopsy. I still miss him.
>>
>> But at the time, we had already adopted two kittens who were born
>> under the deck of our new house the previous summer, and having them
>> was a comfort. Tablet is a brown tabby male shorthair and Sister, a
>> dilute calico longhair female. Brother and sister, but they don't look
>> a thing like each other! Completely different body types, color, fur,
>> even the vet has trouble believing they are related, LOL!
>>
>> Gray wasn't too fond of them at first, but after a while, he started
>> playing with Tablet and I think they both really enjoyed their little
>> wrestling and pecking matches.
>>
>> Three days after Gray died, another kitten appeared. We are sure Gray
>> sent her, because Tablet was grieving terribly for his "big kitty" and
>> crying all the time. Luna is a dilute calico with very short plush
>> hair. She's a bold and aggressive little girl, and quickly developed a
>> friendship with Tab. She more or less took over the #1 cat spot in the
>> pecking order.
>>
>> Sister feels that Tablet and Luna are *commoners* and *hooligans* and
>> she prefers not to play with them. Sister is *royal*. Fortunately,
>> they all get along mostly, but I'm afraid that Tablet and Luna do
>> irritate Sister sometimes by chasing her.
>>
>> They are all so different, but all wonderful cats.
>>
>> Tablet actually BARKS when he gets wound up! First I've ever seen
>> that! He sometimes will play fetch with a catnip mouse or other toy.
>> We say he "channels Rover". He's one powerful dude... you just see his
>> muscles rippling on him! He loves dragging things about the house,
>> sort of a weightlifting kitty I guess!
>>
>> Anyone else have a cat that barks?
>>
>> --
>> Cynthia P
>
> welcome to the Cat Slave Club
> S:o)

Thanks! Been busy, took me a while before I could read newsgroups
again. Slave is the right word, LOL!

--
Cynthia P

Cynthia P
April 29th 07, 09:21 AM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:40:03 -0500, Lynne wrote:

> on Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:07:45 GMT, Cynthia P > wrote:
>
>> Anyone else have a cat that barks?
>
> I don't have a cat that barks, but we were found by a stray dog this
> weekend that bleats like a sheep!

The funny thing is that Tablet has a very high pitched meow, with
quite the pitiful tone. But the bark is kind of an Arf or Rrrrf sound,
much lower.

> Welcome to the group! Your kitties sound wonderful. I really enjoyed
> reading about them.

Well, they are well-loved! I have to admit, I enjoy reading about
other people's kitties on the group, though sometimes, I have to avoid
the really sad stories. Losing Gray was horrible and I still miss him.
But he had a long and interesting life.

--
Cynthia P

Cynthia P
April 29th 07, 09:25 AM
On 18 Apr 2007 10:57:44 -0700, body sweat wrote:

> On Apr 18, 4:07 am, Cynthia P > wrote:
>
>> Anyone else have a cat that barks?
>
> you have GOT to post an audio file of this! I want to hear a cat bark.
>
> I believe you and all.. I just want to hear it.

I wish I had one. I guess I ought to try recording it somehow, but I'm
not quite sure how to go about that. Tablet is usually running when he
does it! It's most likely to happen when he's wound up late at night
before bedtime. It either sounds like a low Arf or Arf, ARF, or
sometimes a RrrrrF.

I still remember the first time my husband heard him do it, he turned
to me and said "Did I just hear our cat BARK?" LOL!

--
Cynthia P