PDA

View Full Version : More MenuFoods recall or a repeat?, Iams offers free food

buglady
April 18th 07, 03:49 PM
I'm a little confused and missed this last night. In the MenuFoods press
release they only mentioned by name the new veg food they recalled, then
said there's more food that had already been recalled. Apparently they
expanded the recall dates of previously recalled brands. I don't know if
it's on the menufoods page or not, but I'll send you to this PetConx post
for the brand names:
http://tinyurl.com/2n96t7

http://iamspromise.com/
Want a free bag of Iams food? They're ready to give away 1 million pounds
to keep their customers and are so impressed with themselves - they bolded
those words.

But is it with or without melamine? Have all the lots been tested? If not,
why not? At this point it is irrelevant if they don't use either wheat
gluten or rice protein powder because it is obviously not over yet.

And I didn't see anything in their Promise that said they will never change
the formulation without reflecting that change on the label, did you?

Oh, and it's signed by the Employees of Iams. I want it to be signed by the
President of the Company. Time to put your mouth where your money is or you
won't be getting any more money........from pet owners.
----------------------------

The Pet Food List is a list of products NOT recalled. But please, do your
own research and verify that the label reflects the contents:
http://www.thepetfoodlist.com/

You can sign up for a recall notification at www.itchmo.com Might make it
easier for people who don't read NGs. Send the link to your friends. You
can also sign up for FDA recalls, though they're lagging behind Itchmo.
www.fda.gov

The Pet Food Tracker is a list of products RECALLED:
http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/

All of these sites and more have done a stellar job at providing sorely
needed information. But due to the virtual hourly releases Ap 17, one can't
reasonably expect them to keep the lists up to the minute. So don't check
it once and think everything's fine. I'll also note that if they have a
PayPal button, you might toss a few dollars their way. I'm not affiliated
with any of these people. At one time they had lives, now all they do is
the pet food recall - which is OVER a month old at this point.

The Pet Food Tracker has a link to a blogpost on the right of the above
page. I don't know this guy, but quite frankly, he is confirming my worst
fears. It wouldn't surprise me if the industry insiders were leaking info
to unofficial outlets:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-goldstein/tainted-rice-gluten-now-l_b_46
116.html
Earlier today, after receiving a tip from an industry insider that products
containing tainted rice and corn gluten were about to be recalled, I
contacted an FDA Public Affairs officer for confirmation, and received a
quick and firm response:.................

And just for laughs (heh heh) what's in your Twinkie - adds a new dimension
to the Twinkie defense.....
http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/203199
[..] "For example, 14 of the most common chemicals we use are found in
Twinkies. I mention the Twinkie-Industrial Complex. It's tied in with major
industries that are also often tied with government policy. This isn't mere
food," he says. "This is industry."

Just for kicks I looked up Rice Dream to see if there's any rice protein
concentrate. Nope and they make this statement about their products. I
wonder how many other food manufacturers can make this claim? You might
start asking. This isn't just about pet foods. If Congress wants to lay
under the covers with industry and not do anything, the power of the
pocketbook might be the only thing that will change anything.
http://www.tastethedream.com/products/product/1543/204.php
The most accurate information is always on the label on the actual product.
We periodically update our labels based on new nutritional analysis to
verify natural variations from crop to crop and at times formula revisions.
The website does not necessarily get updated at the same time. The values on
the website are intended to be a general guide to consumers. For absolute
values, the actual label on the product at hand should be relied on.

Sorry to turn this post into a blog....... :-(

buglady
take out the dog before replying

oldhickory
April 18th 07, 07:03 PM
It seems they found melamine in rice gluten as well, and are adding other
foods...

I think it's worth checking the news every day, perhaps more than once a
day:

http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/petfoodrecall/

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18173908/

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"buglady" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> [...]
> start asking. This isn't just about pet foods. If Congress wants to lay
> under the covers with industry and not do anything, the power of the
> pocketbook might be the only thing that will change anything.
> http://www.tastethedream.com/products/product/1543/204.php
> The most accurate information is always on the label on the actual
> product.
> We periodically update our labels based on new nutritional analysis to
> verify natural variations from crop to crop and at times formula
> revisions.
> The website does not necessarily get updated at the same time. The values
> on
> the website are intended to be a general guide to consumers. For absolute
> values, the actual label on the product at hand should be relied on.
>
> Sorry to turn this post into a blog....... :-(

CatNipped
April 18th 07, 08:36 PM
"oldhickory" > wrote in message
> It seems they found melamine in rice gluten as well, and are adding other
> foods...
>
> I think it's worth checking the news every day, perhaps more than once a
> day:

Itchmo is sending out email alerts about the recall every time there is a
news update. You can subscribe to them at http://www.itchmo.com/alerts/

Hugs,

CatNipped

> [...]
>> start asking. This isn't just about pet foods. If Congress wants to lay
>> under the covers with industry and not do anything, the power of the
>> pocketbook might be the only thing that will change anything.
>> http://www.tastethedream.com/products/product/1543/204.php
>> The most accurate information is always on the label on the actual
>> product.
>> We periodically update our labels based on new nutritional analysis to
>> verify natural variations from crop to crop and at times formula
>> revisions.
>> The website does not necessarily get updated at the same time. The values
>> on
>> the website are intended to be a general guide to consumers. For absolute
>> values, the actual label on the product at hand should be relied on.
>>
>> Sorry to turn this post into a blog....... :-(

April 18th 07, 08:38 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "oldhickory" > wrote in message
>> It seems they found melamine in rice gluten as well, and are adding other
>> foods...
>>
>> I think it's worth checking the news every day, perhaps more than once a
>> day:
>
> Itchmo is sending out email alerts about the recall every time there is a
> news update. You can subscribe to them at http://www.itchmo.com/alerts/

Sorry, that was the link in my last email, but it doesn't work. Try this
one instead: http://www.itchmo.com/itchmos-pet-safety-alert-email-list/

Hugs,

CatNipped

> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>

>> http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html
>>
>> http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/petfoodrecall/
>>
>> http://www.menufoods.com/recall/
>>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18173908/
>>

>> --
>> ie
>> ride fast, take chances.
>>

>> "buglady" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...
>>> I'm a little confused and missed this last night. In the MenuFoods
>>> press
>>> release they only mentioned by name the new veg food they recalled, then
>>> said there's more food that had already been recalled. Apparently they
>>> expanded the recall dates of previously recalled brands. I don't know
>>> if
>>> it's on the menufoods page or not, but I'll send you to this PetConx
>>> post
>>> for the brand names:
> [...]
>>> start asking. This isn't just about pet foods. If Congress wants to lay
>>> under the covers with industry and not do anything, the power of the
>>> pocketbook might be the only thing that will change anything.
>>> http://www.tastethedream.com/products/product/1543/204.php
>>> The most accurate information is always on the label on the actual
>>> product.
>>> We periodically update our labels based on new nutritional analysis to
>>> verify natural variations from crop to crop and at times formula
>>> revisions.
>>> The website does not necessarily get updated at the same time. The
>>> values on
>>> the website are intended to be a general guide to consumers. For
>>> absolute
>>> values, the actual label on the product at hand should be relied on.
>>>
>>> Sorry to turn this post into a blog....... :-(

April 18th 07, 10:22 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Sorry, that was the link in my last email, but it doesn't work. Try this
> one instead: http://www.itchmo.com/itchmos-pet-safety-alert-email-list/

No, but the one below would have gotten you there. Sheesh, why do I bother?

friends.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

CatNipped
April 18th 07, 10:39 PM
"buglady" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> Sorry, that was the link in my last email, but it doesn't work. Try this
>> one instead: http://www.itchmo.com/itchmos-pet-safety-alert-email-list/
>
> No, but the one below would have gotten you there. Sheesh, why do I
> bother?

Um, sorry to have "bothered" you, but the second link I posted seems to work
just fine.

Hugs,

CatNipped