PDA

View Full Version : Rice protein = brewer's rice?

Ken Knecht
April 18th 07, 06:41 PM
The Science Diet dry food I feed my cat has brewer's rice. Is this the
same as the recalled rice protein? From what I've found so far with
Google I think not but I'm not sure.

What's next? Corn gluten? <sigh>

I'm seriously thinking of making my own cat food. I've seen a lot of
recipes but didn't read them to see how complicated they are and what
ingredients I might have trouble finding that they use.

As others have said, I'm just waiting for the first human food recall
related to this mess.

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.

buglady
April 18th 07, 06:46 PM
"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
> The Science Diet dry food I feed my cat has brewer's rice. Is this the
> same as the recalled rice protein? From what I've found so far with
> Google I think not but I'm not sure.

...............nope, it's not.........Google rice protein
concentrate.........or go read comments in Pet Connection.

.............and besides, the take home lesson is that what's in the bag may
NOT be on the label.

> I'm seriously thinking of making my own cat food. I've seen a lot of
> recipes but didn't read them to see how complicated they are and what
> ingredients I might have trouble finding that they use.

..........it's not complicated, sometimes it's a royal PITA if you forgot to
defrost something, but please get a book! I recommend Richard Pitcairn,
DVM, Natural Health of Dogs and Cats. Maybe you won't need it now, but
really, it would be handy to have one wouldn't it?

buglady
take out the dog before replying