PDA

View Full Version : List of Petfoods Not Recalled

PawsForThought
April 19th 07, 05:56 PM
This is a great site that lists foods that are not on the recall
list. There are also links to each petfood company listed so I would
recommend that you verify with the company before feeding the food.

http://thepetfoodlist.com/petfoods_pg1.htm

Sandy McDermin
April 20th 07, 01:54 AM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This is a great site that lists foods that are not on the recall
> list. There are also links to each petfood company listed so I would
> recommend that you verify with the company before feeding the food.
>
> http://thepetfoodlist.com/petfoods_pg1.htm

HA! It's sad that it's easier to handle compiling a list of *non* recalled
food than recalled food.

Pretty soon, I'll be feeding my cats Swanson TV dinners.

Sandy

cindys
April 20th 07, 01:57 AM
"Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "PawsForThought" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> This is a great site that lists foods that are not on the recall
>> list. There are also links to each petfood company listed so I would
>> recommend that you verify with the company before feeding the food.
>>
>> http://thepetfoodlist.com/petfoods_pg1.htm
>>

> HA! It's sad that it's easier to handle compiling a list of *non* recalled
> food than recalled food.
>
> Pretty soon, I'll be feeding my cats Swanson TV dinners.
-------
How can you know those are safe?
Best regards,
---Cindy s.

Matthew
April 20th 07, 02:07 AM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> "Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "PawsForThought" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> This is a great site that lists foods that are not on the recall
>>> list. There are also links to each petfood company listed so I would
>>> recommend that you verify with the company before feeding the food.
>>>
>>> http://thepetfoodlist.com/petfoods_pg1.htm
>>>

>> HA! It's sad that it's easier to handle compiling a list of *non*
>> recalled food than recalled food.
>>
>> Pretty soon, I'll be feeding my cats Swanson TV dinners.
> -------
> How can you know those are safe?
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy s.

Feed to the two legged kids first if they survive it is safe

Lynne
April 20th 07, 02:11 AM
on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:57:47 GMT, "cindys" >
wrote:

> How can you know those are safe?

That's the twenty million dollar friggen question...

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Meghan Noecker
April 20th 07, 02:12 AM
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:54:54 GMT, "Sandy McDermin" >
wrote:

>HA! It's sad that it's easier to handle compiling a list of *non* recalled
>food than recalled food.
>
>Pretty soon, I'll be feeding my cats Swanson TV dinners.

I wouldn't have a problem if I were talking about Kira and Maynard.
They ate a variety of things, and I could make my own food with them
and have no problem if I needed to.

But Chase and Jay Jay forgot to read the book. They won't even eat
meat or fish if I offer it to them. It's gotta be cat food, or they
won't eat it. Especially Jay Jay. He won't even touch tuna.

Sandy McDermin
April 20th 07, 02:15 AM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> "Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "PawsForThought" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> This is a great site that lists foods that are not on the recall
>>> list. There are also links to each petfood company listed so I would
>>> recommend that you verify with the company before feeding the food.
>>>
>>> http://thepetfoodlist.com/petfoods_pg1.htm
>>>

>> HA! It's sad that it's easier to handle compiling a list of *non*
>> recalled food than recalled food.
>>
>> Pretty soon, I'll be feeding my cats Swanson TV dinners.
> -------
> How can you know those are safe?
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy s.

Are you kidding?! They have perfected the art of feeding living beings crap.
Have you heard of anyone going to the emergency room over a dinner of
congealed meat-loaf, cardboard-flavored mashed potatoes, watery corn, and
"peach cobbler"?

Sandy

Matthew
April 20th 07, 02:33 AM
"Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "cindys" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>>
>>> "PawsForThought" > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

>>> HA! It's sad that it's easier to handle compiling a list of *non*
>>> recalled food than recalled food.
>>>
>>> Pretty soon, I'll be feeding my cats Swanson TV dinners.
>> -------
>> How can you know those are safe?
>> Best regards,
>> ---Cindy s.
>
> Are you kidding?! They have perfected the art of feeding living beings
> crap. Have you heard of anyone going to the emergency room over a dinner
> of congealed meat-loaf, cardboard-flavored mashed potatoes, watery corn,
> and "peach cobbler"?
>
> Sandy

You never ate my ex wife cooking or my mothers' have you

Sandy McDermin
April 20th 07, 02:36 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "cindys" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>>> -------
>>> How can you know those are safe?
>>> Best regards,
>>> ---Cindy s.
>>
>> Are you kidding?! They have perfected the art of feeding living beings
>> crap. Have you heard of anyone going to the emergency room over a dinner
>> of congealed meat-loaf, cardboard-flavored mashed potatoes, watery corn,
>> and "peach cobbler"?
>>
>> Sandy
>>

> You never ate my ex wife cooking or my mothers' have you

My condolences, but I was raised on this.

Pork chops, swimming in grease ... YUM!

Sandy

Lynne
April 20th 07, 02:37 AM
on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 01:33:45 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> You never ate my ex wife cooking or my mothers' have you

They screwed up Swanson's frozen dinners??

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Gail Futoran
April 20th 07, 03:06 AM
"Meghan Noecker" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:54:54 GMT, "Sandy McDermin"
> >
> wrote:
>

>>HA! It's sad that it's easier to handle compiling a list of *non*
>>recalled
>>food than recalled food.
>>
>>Pretty soon, I'll be feeding my cats Swanson TV dinners.
>>

> I wouldn't have a problem if I were talking about Kira and Maynard.
> They ate a variety of things, and I could make my own food with them
> and have no problem if I needed to.
>
> But Chase and Jay Jay forgot to read the book. They won't even eat
> meat or fish if I offer it to them. It's gotta be cat food, or they
> won't eat it. Especially Jay Jay. He won't even touch tuna.

One of my cats will eat any canned food
offered to her (well, almost any) so it's
fairly easy to offer her food with non-suspect
ingredients. Then there are the other five
picky eaters... Of course their favorite canned
foods were some of the earliest recalled. ::sigh::

None will really eat much in the way of
human food. The kittens (almost a year
old now) will sometimes consent to chew
on a piece of steak or chicken, but only if
it's leftovers from a good restaurant -
certainly nothing *I* cooked!

Gail F.

Meghan Noecker
April 20th 07, 03:15 AM
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 02:06:53 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
> wrote:

>One of my cats will eat any canned food
>offered to her (well, almost any) so it's
>fairly easy to offer her food with non-suspect
>ingredients. Then there are the other five
>picky eaters... Of course their favorite canned
>foods were some of the earliest recalled. ::sigh::

Jay Jay likes 2 flavors of Fancy Feast. Anything else, and he jerks
his head back, tenses up, and gives this really offended look. He
won't even sniff at it. Not even a can of tuna.

It took almost 2 years to get him to eat canned food, and another
couple months for him to start showing up at feeding time on a regular
basis. Now he's there waiting for it.

When I first got him, he liked the Friskies dental diet which did not
like him. It was being served upstairs and i had to have it removed so
that he would stop eating it.

He liked Maynard's senior Royal Canin, so I bought the Maine Coon
version for him, and that is what he has been eating ever since. It
has been working well for him and agrees with him. I'm 90% sure that
his food is fine, but that 10% is enough to scare me.

Matthew
April 20th 07, 03:33 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 01:33:45 GMT, "Matthew"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> You never ate my ex wife cooking or my mothers' have you
>
> They screwed up Swanson's frozen dinners??
>
> --
> Lynne

They made Ellie May from the clampits look like a gourmet chef.

Ever had a biscuit if you dropped it on your foot you would break the foot

> "We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
> We are brave enough to bend to cry
> And sad enough to know
> We must laugh again"
>
> ~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Matthew
April 20th 07, 03:40 AM
"Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

>>> Are you kidding?! They have perfected the art of feeding living beings
>>> crap. Have you heard of anyone going to the emergency room over a dinner
>>> of congealed meat-loaf, cardboard-flavored mashed potatoes, watery corn,
>>> and "peach cobbler"?
>>>
>>> Sandy
>>>

>> You never ate my ex wife cooking or my mothers' have you
>
> My condolences, but I was raised on this.
>
> Pork chops, swimming in grease ... YUM!
>
> Sandy

I was raised in the hills of Kentucky their were real cans of LARD that was
on the shelf. Or they collected the bacon grease to reuse

Sandy McDermin
April 20th 07, 03:59 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Sandy McDermin" > wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>>> You never ate my ex wife cooking or my mothers' have you
>>
>> My condolences, but I was raised on this.
>>
>> Pork chops, swimming in grease ... YUM!
>>
>> Sandy
>>
> I was raised in the hills of Kentucky their were real cans of LARD that
> was on the shelf. Or they collected the bacon grease to reuse

Hey... I was raised in Camden, NJ ... one of the most crime-ridden,
poverty-stricken cities in the nation. Grease!? We usd that like butter ...
or put it on our hair. (Well, not me.)

In any event, I don't want to create my cats' food. So, some domestic, pet
food genius better make a crack-addicted type, safe food for cats or I'm
done for.

Sandy

Lynne
April 20th 07, 04:27 AM
on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 02:40:08 GMT, "Matthew"
> wrote:

> I was raised in the hills of Kentucky their were real cans of LARD
> that was on the shelf. Or they collected the bacon grease to reuse

I live in Kentucky now, but I am not a fan of southern cooking at all.
They fry everything. Blech!

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Lynne
April 20th 07, 04:28 AM
on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 02:33:20 GMT, "Matthew"
> wrote:

> Ever had a biscuit if you dropped it on your foot you would break the
> foot

haha, no, and for that I am grateful.

Suddenly I feel like a competent cook!

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Matthew
April 20th 07, 05:04 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 02:40:08 GMT, "Matthew"
> > wrote:
>
>> I was raised in the hills of Kentucky their were real cans of LARD
>> that was on the shelf. Or they collected the bacon grease to reuse
>
> I live in Kentucky now, but I am not a fan of southern cooking at all.
> They fry everything. Blech!
>
> --
> Lynne

Where about Lynne I used to live of the Daniel Boone parkway near
mooreshead and prestonburg

> "We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
> We are brave enough to bend to cry
> And sad enough to know
> We must laugh again"
>
> ~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Matthew
April 20th 07, 05:24 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 02:40:08 GMT, "Matthew"
> > wrote:
>
>> I was raised in the hills of Kentucky their were real cans of LARD
>> that was on the shelf. Or they collected the bacon grease to reuse
>
> I live in Kentucky now, but I am not a fan of southern cooking at all.
> They fry everything. Blech!

A lot of people call Kentucky a southern state but It was a border state of
the mason dixie line. We got the best of both worlds southern hospitality
and Northern Sense of life

Now there ain't nothing wrong with fried chicken, black skillet cornbread
with a mess of greens. Those hill folk know how to cook and work their [email protected]@
off to raise a family

> --
> Lynne
>

> "We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
> We are brave enough to bend to cry
> And sad enough to know
> We must laugh again"
>
> ~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Lynne
April 20th 07, 12:38 PM
on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:04:20 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Where about Lynne I used to live of the Daniel Boone parkway near
> mooreshead and prestonburg

I'm in the Louisville area, but I spend weekends at the Red River Gorge
when the weather cooperates. That part of the state is gorgeous!

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Lynne
April 20th 07, 12:39 PM
on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:24:38 GMT, "Matthew"
> wrote:

> A lot of people call Kentucky a southern state but It was a border
> state of the mason dixie line. We got the best of both worlds
> southern hospitality and Northern Sense of life
>
> Now there ain't nothing wrong with fried chicken, black skillet
> cornbread with a mess of greens. Those hill folk know how to cook and
> work their [email protected]@ off to raise a family

Kentucky people are good people. Moving here from DC was quite a culture
shock, but in a positive way. I have embraced the slower, friendlier way
of life (just not the cooking, hehe).

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Matthew
April 20th 07, 04:46 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:24:38 GMT, "Matthew"
> > wrote:
>
>> A lot of people call Kentucky a southern state but It was a border
>> state of the mason dixie line. We got the best of both worlds
>> southern hospitality and Northern Sense of life
>>
>> Now there ain't nothing wrong with fried chicken, black skillet
>> cornbread with a mess of greens. Those hill folk know how to cook and
>> work their [email protected]@ off to raise a family
>
> Kentucky people are good people. Moving here from DC was quite a culture
> shock, but in a positive way. I have embraced the slower, friendlier way
> of life (just not the cooking, hehe).

Since you live over in the north west part make sure you have a brown
derby you won't regret it ;-)

> Lynne
>

> "We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
> We are brave enough to bend to cry
> And sad enough to know
> We must laugh again"
>
> ~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Lynne
April 20th 07, 04:55 PM
on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:46:52 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Since you live over in the north west part make sure you have a brown
> derby you won't regret it ;-)

As a non-meat eater, that would be tough to do. But I've observed people
enjoying them immensely, so they must be good!

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

PawsForThought
April 20th 07, 05:33 PM
On Apr 19, 9:07 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:

> > -------
> > How can you know those are safe?
> > Best regards,
> > ---Cindy s.
>
> Feed to the two legged kids first if they survive it is safe- Hide quoted text -

ROFL! Great answer :)

PawsForThought
April 20th 07, 05:37 PM
On Apr 19, 11:27 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> I live in Kentucky now, but I am not a fan of southern cooking at all.
> They fry everything. Blech!

I remember on a cross country trip while driving through Kentucky, we
stopped at a Kentucky Fried Chicken. It was the best restaurant type
fried chicken I'd ever had (or maybe I was just hungry from the trip,
lol).