PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! !!!!!

CatNipped
April 19th 07, 07:42 PM
For the full details, go to:
http://www.itchmo.com/read/melamine-in-corn-gluten-linked-to-south-african-illnesses_20070419

This has been a difficult decision as corn gluten contamination has not hit
North America. But based on patterns of development and expansion of recall
in the US, Itchmo is issuing a warning to pet parents out of abundance of
caution.

We stress that NO US OR CANADIAN CONNECTION HAS BEEN REPORTED.

BREAKING NEWS: Melamine in Corn Gluten Linked to South African Pet Illnesses
April 19th, 2007

The 29 cases of renal failure in South Africa has been linked to melamine in
corn gluten used in pet food. Corn gluten is used extensively in the US.

Tests have confirmed that Vets Choice and Royal Canin dog and cat dry
pet-food products contained corn gluten contaminated with melamine, says the
manufacturer.

The contaminated corn gluten was delivered to Royal Canin by a South African
third-party supplier and appears to have originated from China.

We were tracking cases of the South African pet deaths before and have heard
rumors of corn gluten contamination.

At this point, we believe that all corn gluten should be considered at risk
for contamination and should be tested by every pet food manufacturer and
the FDA.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped