PDA

View Full Version : Spot Cleaning

Philip Meech
April 20th 07, 11:59 AM
Any sure fire ways to remove cat urine from wool area rugs? Thanks.

Radical Boink[_2_]
April 20th 07, 12:28 PM
Philip Meech wrote:
> Any sure fire ways to remove cat urine from wool area rugs? Thanks.

Yes.

Take scissors and cut that area out.

April 20th 07, 03:36 PM
On 20 Apr, 11:59, Philip Meech > wrote:
> Any sure fire ways to remove cat urine from wool area rugs? Thanks.

I think that you might find this product useful. I have used it in the
past & found it to be very effective. Just click on the link & you
will find the product.

Good Luck.
K.
http://www.urine-off.com/page.aspx?page_id=33&gclid=CJuKzqrD0YsCFQLdlAodVwdfDA

Lynne
April 20th 07, 03:36 PM
on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:59:17 GMT, Philip Meech > wrote:

> Any sure fire ways to remove cat urine from wool area rugs? Thanks.

you can try an enzymatic cleaner, such as Nature's Miracle, but cat urine
is tough. Get a gallon jug, drench it, let it dry, repeat, repeat, repeat.

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

bookie
April 20th 07, 04:51 PM
On 20 Apr, 15:36, wrote:
> On 20 Apr, 11:59, Philip Meech > wrote:
>
> > Any sure fire ways to remove cat urine from wool area rugs? Thanks.
>
> I think that you might find this product useful. I have used it in the
> past & found it to be very effective. Just click on the link & you
> will find the product.
>
> Good Luck.
> K.http://www.urine-off.com/page.aspx?page_id=33&gclid=CJuKzqrD0YsCFQLdl...

i have used this stuff, bought it at a cat show, and it really did
work, it has enzymes in it to break down the proteins etc in the urine
so you can then soak it up and remove it, totally removed the smell
too.
pricey but worth it
bookie

Philip Meech
April 20th 07, 05:01 PM
wrote:
> On 20 Apr, 11:59, Philip Meech > wrote:
>
>>Any sure fire ways to remove cat urine from wool area rugs? Thanks.
>

> I think that you might find this product useful. I have used it in the
> past & found it to be very effective. Just click on the link & you
> will find the product.
>
> Good Luck.
> K.
> http://www.urine-off.com/page.aspx?page_id=33&gclid=CJuKzqrD0YsCFQLdlAodVwdfDA

My wife and my new rug thank you!

cybercat
April 20th 07, 05:56 PM
"Philip Meech" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Any sure fire ways to remove cat urine from wool area rugs? Thanks.

We like a brand called "Kids and Pets." It is enzymatic so it really does
remove the odor, and it has no perfumes. (The only thing worse than old pee
smell is old pee smell with lilacs.)

cindys
April 20th 07, 09:45 PM
"Philip Meech" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Any sure fire ways to remove cat urine from wool area rugs? Thanks.

-----
I've had very good luck with Nature's Miracle and Simple Solution. These are
enzyme cleaners that neutralize the urine. I believe they are similar to the
Urine-Off that someone else recommended.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

April 21st 07, 09:45 PM
On 20 Apr, 17:01, Philip Meech > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On 20 Apr, 11:59, Philip Meech > wrote:
>
> >>Any sure fire ways to remove cat urine from wool area rugs? Thanks.
>
> > I think that you might find this product useful. I have used it in the
> > past & found it to be very effective. Just click on the link & you
> > will find the product.
>
> > Good Luck.
> > K.
> >http://www.urine-off.com/page.aspx?page_id=33&gclid=CJuKzqrD0YsCFQLdl...
>
> My wife and my new rug thank you!

You are most welcome. I have had a similar problem in the past & it is
fairly odious & rahter unpleasant isn't it?
Hope it works for you.
K.

bookie
April 22nd 07, 01:32 AM
On 21 Apr, 21:45, wrote:
> On 20 Apr, 17:01, Philip Meech > wrote:
>
> > wrote:

> > > I think that you might find this product useful. I have used it in the
> > > past & found it to be very effective. Just click on the link & you
> > > will find the product.
>
> > > Good Luck.
> > > K.
> > >http://www.urine-off.com/page.aspx?page_id=33&gclid=CJuKzqrD0YsCFQLdl...
>
> > My wife and my new rug thank you!
>
> You are most welcome. I have had a similar problem in the past & it is
> fairly odious & rahter unpleasant isn't it?
> Hope it works for you.
> K.

i had similar issue when one of my cats emptied her bladder all over
the front passenger seat of my car onthe way home form the vets, the
msell was horrific! i tried cleaning it with usual stuff and spraying
it with fabric fresheners bvut nothing really worked. anyway, that
happened last year in january, so it had the whole summer to really
get stuck into the seat and upholstery and produce a really unpleasant
smell in the whole car on hot days, then i bought this 'urine off'
stuff at a show in november, used it and it worked even though the cat
pee had been on the seat for months.

either that or my sense of smell has gone

bookie