PDA

View Full Version : black cats

April 21st 07, 12:17 AM
I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
second without you.

I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

blkcatgal
April 21st 07, 01:21 AM
I have a 1 1/2 year old black cat, too. He's the first black cat I ever
had. And he is very special. He is a polydactyl too....has 7 toes on each
of his front feet and 5 on each of his back. Which makes him extra extra
special!

Sue
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
> this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
> want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
> second without you.
>
> I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
> are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

Running Scissors
April 21st 07, 01:30 AM
blkcatgal wrote:

> I have a 1 1/2 year old black cat, too. He's the first black cat I ever
> had. And he is very special. He is a polydactyl too....has 7 toes on each
> of his front feet and 5 on each of his back. Which makes him extra extra
> special!

I have a sleek back Bombay mix that is very very special. Extremely
affectionate, smart, and vocal!

> Sue
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
>>this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
>>want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
>>second without you.
>>
>>I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
>>are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

Matthew
April 21st 07, 01:42 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
> this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
> want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
> second without you.
>
> I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
> are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

I have two solid black cats and two tuxedoes

Cat Protector
April 21st 07, 06:12 AM
My Isis is a black cat. She and I have a very special bond. I think she's
been my cat for many lifetimes.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
> this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
> want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
> second without you.
>
> I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
> are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

cybercat
April 21st 07, 07:53 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
>> this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
>> want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
>> second without you.
>>
>> I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
>> are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.
>>

> I have two solid black cats and two tuxedoes

I have one tuxedo girl with the most assertive personality ...
she's one of a kind.

Meghan Noecker
April 21st 07, 08:46 AM
On the topic of black cats, I would like to ask anybody if they have a
cat that matches this description:

Black cat, long hair, gold eyes, white feet, and white whiskers.

About 7 years ago, my mom found a cat by the side of the road and
rushed him to the vet. He was a stray, very underweight and very
sweet. We paid the vet bill and brought him home. He seemed to
approve, but after 2 weeks, he went downhill and died.

He made a huge impression on me, and all I have for a photo of him is
one icky photo of him when his eye was sewn shut. He was really
sensitive and sick at the time, so I did not set up a nice shot. I
just used available light and took a shot of him lying on the bed. It
was supposed to be the "before" shot in a before and after set.

I would really like to have a photo of a healthy cat that looks like
Jasper would have looked and how I would like to imagine him at
Rainbow bridge.

I am amazed at how hard it is to find this combination. Even a closeup
of a face is hard because most black cats do not have white whiskers
or they have white on their face. I even do pet photography, and I
would photograph all cats in the house for free if I could find this
cat within driving distance. But no luck. There is no breed that
matches this, so it is a random pattern, and I just haven't had any
luck finding one.

I have found a cat that has the right body type, but no white whiskers
or feet.

Would anybody have a photo of a cat that matches this and be willing
to send me one via email?

My email is . I would only use it for
personal viewing.

Barry
April 21st 07, 02:39 PM
On Apr 20, 7:17 pm, "
> wrote:
> I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening.

Thou shalt have no other God's before me.

It's the first commandment, the next one says... don't have any
idols...

Definitions of idol on the Web:

* a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto
thee any graven image"; "money was his god"
* someone who is adored blindly and excessively

jmc
April 21st 07, 02:51 PM
Suddenly, without warning, exclaimed
(21-Apr-07 8:47 AM):
> I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
> this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
> want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
> second without you.
>
> I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
> are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

Meep is also a black cat, a moggie as her native British call her (DSH).
She'll be 11 next month. We have a very special bond, and she's a
great cat.

When I went to the Cats Protection League to look for a cat or kitten to
adopt, I had no intention on getting a black cat. Twelve week old Meep
had other ideas though, and decided that I was to take her home. I
wasn't left with much of a choice :)

Since then, she has traveled all over the world with us. She's not a
particularly brave cat, but that's OK with me.

At the moment, she's reminding me that typing on the computer means I'm
not paying attention to her :)

jmc

Barry
April 21st 07, 02:53 PM
On Apr 20, 7:17 pm, "
> wrote:
> I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
> this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
> want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
> second without you.
>
> I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
> are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

In 1888, an Egyptian farmer accidentally uncovered a large tomb
containing thousands upon thousands of mummified cats and kittens.
This discovery, outside the town of Beni Hasan, contained around
eighty thousand cat bodies that date back to 1000-2000 BCE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_in_ancient_Egypt

Barry
April 21st 07, 03:01 PM
On Apr 21, 9:51 am, jmc > wrote:

> At the moment, she's reminding me that typing on the computer means I'm
> not paying attention to her :)
>
> jmc

I didn't know you had a black cat! for some reason I thought she was
more.. bengal looking

barb
April 21st 07, 04:22 PM
After I had several Siamese cats that I adored in the 60's and 70's I got my
first black cat. I had seen a sleek black cat with a yellow collar running
across a lawn and never forgot the image.

I have had black cats ever since except for one tuxedo stray. My original 3
black cats were with me through their old ages and I now have a 4 year old
black cat that's my treasure.

Black cats are in a class by themselves!
--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

blkcatgal
April 21st 07, 04:53 PM
When I adopted my black cat I was told by the shelter that black cats were
very difficult to adopt out....probably because of the bad PR that black
cats are bad luck or evil. What a bunch of hooey! Knowing that they are
difficult to adopt out is one more reason why I would adopt a black cat
again.

S.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
> this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
> want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
> second without you.
>
> I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
> are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

Running Scissors
April 21st 07, 05:19 PM
blkcatgal wrote:

> When I adopted my black cat I was told by the shelter that black cats were
> very difficult to adopt out....probably because of the bad PR that black
> cats are bad luck or evil. What a bunch of hooey!

I wonder where that awful misconception came from.

> Knowing that they are
> difficult to adopt out is one more reason why I would adopt a black cat
> again.

Ditto.

From what I hear from black cat owners, they are smarter and more
affectionate than most other cats. I read somewhere that due to this
phenomenon, there was a theory that the smart/affectionate/vocal gene
was somehow attached to the black coloring gene.

> S.
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
>>this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
>>want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
>>second without you.
>>
>>I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
>>are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

T[_3_]
April 21st 07, 07:29 PM
In article >,
jmc > wrote:

> Suddenly, without warning, exclaimed
> (21-Apr-07 8:47 AM):
> > I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
> > this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
> > want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
> > second without you.
> >
> > I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
> > are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.
> >

> Meep is also a black cat, a moggie as her native British call her (DSH).
> She'll be 11 next month. We have a very special bond, and she's a
> great cat.
>
> When I went to the Cats Protection League to look for a cat or kitten to
> adopt, I had no intention on getting a black cat. Twelve week old Meep
> had other ideas though, and decided that I was to take her home. I
> wasn't left with much of a choice :)
>
> Since then, she has traveled all over the world with us. She's not a
> particularly brave cat, but that's OK with me.
>
> At the moment, she's reminding me that typing on the computer means I'm
> not paying attention to her :)
>
> jmc

Emily died on election day of 2006. We'd had her for 14 years and she
was a very small black cat.

But her size wasn't an obstacle - she ruled the house. I miss her so
much.

Cheryl
April 21st 07, 09:53 PM
On Sat 21 Apr 2007 03:46:48a, Meghan Noecker wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> Would anybody have a photo of a cat that matches this and be
> willing to send me one via email?

What about this one? I had fun searching for that description. :)

http://purrfectcatshelter.org:8080/images/lost/lucky-2006.jpg

--
Cheryl

Lynne
April 21st 07, 11:51 PM
on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:19:21 GMT, Running Scissors >
wrote:

> From what I hear from black cat owners, they are smarter and more
> affectionate than most other cats. I read somewhere that due to this
> phenomenon, there was a theory that the smart/affectionate/vocal gene
> was somehow attached to the black coloring gene.

My solid black cat, Lamonte, was quiet and mean. I adored him anyway.
Also, I wouldn't call him dumb, but he wasn't anywhere near as smart as my
Rudy (orange tabby). That's just my sample of one, of course. If I hadn't
met and heard about so many insane torties/calicos, I would think the
theory you posted was completely ridiculous.

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

cybercat
April 22nd 07, 12:25 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Sat 21 Apr 2007 03:46:48a, Meghan Noecker wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
>> Would anybody have a photo of a cat that matches this and be
>> willing to send me one via email?
>
> What about this one? I had fun searching for that description. :)
>
> http://purrfectcatshelter.org:8080/images/lost/lucky-2006.jpg

Yes, it really sucks looking at cat pictures, doesn't it?!

cybercat
April 22nd 07, 12:28 AM
"Lynne" > wrote

> My solid black cat, Lamonte, was quiet and mean. I adored him anyway.
> Also, I wouldn't call him dumb, but he wasn't anywhere near as smart as my
> Rudy (orange tabby). That's just my sample of one, of course. If I
> hadn't
> met and heard about so many insane torties/calicos, I would think the
> theory you posted was completely ridiculous.

That is a hilarious name for this cat. :D

I had a crazy tortoiseshell too, she was a lilac cream longhair,
so lovely, so mean, so insane, so ... (dumb!)

But I loved her.

Lynne
April 22nd 07, 12:53 AM
on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:28:11 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> That is a hilarious name for this cat. :D

I named Lamonte after a friend. He is a very tall, very dark, very
handsome black man. He was tickled when I told him. Lamonte the cat was
a big boy, 20 lbs of pure muscle. And he had the greenest eyes. He was
stunning.

> I had a crazy tortoiseshell too, she was a lilac cream longhair,
> so lovely, so mean, so insane, so ... (dumb!)

Speaking of not so smart... my little baby Levi isn't very smart, I'm
afraid. If he wasn't so cute about it, I might be sad for him. I
couldn't love him anymore than I do, though, so it doesn't matter in the
end. He might actually be average intelligence-wise, but compared to
Rudy, they all seem a little dim.

> But I loved her.

Of course!! :)

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Emma Wallace
April 22nd 07, 03:17 AM
On Apr 20, 8:17 pm, "
> wrote:
> I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
> this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
> want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
> second without you.
>
> I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
> are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

One of my beautiful cats is pure black, the one that I've had the
longest. When I went looking for a second cat I was really drawn to
the black cats because I love mine so much, but the right personality
match came in the form of a blue-cream longhair that looks very
different from my first cat. I think my overall preference is still
for black cats.

Meghan Noecker
April 22nd 07, 07:41 AM
On 21 Apr 2007 20:53:49 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On Sat 21 Apr 2007 03:46:48a, Meghan Noecker wrote in
>rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:
>
>> Would anybody have a photo of a cat that matches this and be
>> willing to send me one via email?
>
>What about this one? I had fun searching for that description. :)
>
>http://purrfectcatshelter.org:8080/images/lost/lucky-2006.jpg

Pretty close. Jasper didn't have the white on his chest, and there
might be some white on the nose.

I used to spend hours just looking at pics, but never found what I was
looking for. Sometimes, I look at the pics on craigslist and petfinder
too. BUt I can't adopt another cat right now, so that was kind of a
tease.

A couple weeks ago, I found an ad for a free Burnese Mountain Dog
puppy. Three months old. Supposedly moving to a warmer climate. The
photo was so cute. And I really want a Bernese mountain Dog. But I
cannot get another dog right now. So, I spent several days looking at
a photo of a dog I cannot have.

Running Scissors
April 22nd 07, 04:50 PM
Lynne wrote:

> on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:19:21 GMT, Running Scissors >
> wrote:
>

>> From what I hear from black cat owners, they are smarter and more
>>affectionate than most other cats. I read somewhere that due to this
>>phenomenon, there was a theory that the smart/affectionate/vocal gene
>>was somehow attached to the black coloring gene.
>

> My solid black cat, Lamonte, was quiet and mean. I adored him anyway.
> Also, I wouldn't call him dumb, but he wasn't anywhere near as smart as my
> Rudy (orange tabby). That's just my sample of one, of course. If I hadn't
> met and heard about so many insane torties/calicos, I would think the
> theory you posted was completely ridiculous.

It's not my theory. It's something I read online a while ago. I, too,
thought the idea of gene pairing was out there, but who knows?

mb from pa
April 22nd 07, 11:53 PM
> > My solid black cat, Lamonte, was quiet and mean. I adored him anyway.
> > Also, I wouldn't call him dumb, but he wasn't anywhere near as smart as my
> > Rudy (orange tabby). That's just my sample of one, of course. If I hadn't
> > met and heard about so many insane torties/calicos, I would think the
> > theory you posted was completely ridiculous.
>
> It's not my theory. It's something I read online a while ago. I, too,
> thought the idea of gene pairing was out there, but who knows?- Hide quoted text -

One of my cats is pure black. Her name is Mischief. She is named
that because when we went to get our cats, she was climbing up the
front door of the cage. My son knew we had to have her. Well, she
lives up to her name. Out of the three cats, she's the one who will
get locked in a closet because you don't know she's there. You can't
see her. She gets up on my counters and tables (which I absolutely
hate). If she see's a bread tie,she'll get it to the ground, get it
under her paw, drag it over to the stove, and shoot it under the stove
like a hockey puck. One time I found 5 dollars, 15 hair ties of my
daughters' and numerous bread ties. But she is the most loveable of
the three. I wouldn't trade her for the world.

cindys
April 23rd 07, 12:37 AM
"Meghan Noecker" > wrote in message
snip

> A couple weeks ago, I found an ad for a free Burnese Mountain Dog
> puppy. Three months old. Supposedly moving to a warmer climate. The
> photo was so cute. And I really want a Bernese mountain Dog. But I
> cannot get another dog right now. So, I spent several days looking at
> a photo of a dog I cannot have.
----------
Don't think you're alone in this. I too spend time looking at online
pictures of dogs and cats at local rescue shelters who are available for
adoption, and whom I would love to adopt but just can't. (I have five cats).
Why do we torment ourselves like this?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
April 23rd 07, 12:38 AM
"Running Scissors" > wrote in message
> Lynne wrote:
>
>> on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:19:21 GMT, Running Scissors >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> From what I hear from black cat owners, they are smarter and more
>>> affectionate than most other cats. I read somewhere that due to this
>>> phenomenon, there was a theory that the smart/affectionate/vocal gene
>>> was somehow attached to the black coloring gene.
>>

>> My solid black cat, Lamonte, was quiet and mean. I adored him anyway.
>> Also, I wouldn't call him dumb, but he wasn't anywhere near as smart as
>> my Rudy (orange tabby). That's just my sample of one, of course. If I
>> hadn't met and heard about so many insane torties/calicos, I would think
>> the theory you posted was completely ridiculous.
> It's not my theory. It's something I read online a while ago. I, too,
> thought the idea of gene pairing was out there, but who knows?
-------
I think calicos have a reputation for being very vocal and kind of skittish.
My Amanda certainly fits this description.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Lynne
April 23rd 07, 04:06 AM
on Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:53:56 GMT, mb from pa > wrote:

> One of my cats is pure black. Her name is Mischief.

My daughter and I were talking about names the other day and decided that
if we ever get a female cat were are going to name her Chievious so we can
call her Miss Chievious. :)

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Meghan Noecker
April 23rd 07, 08:14 AM
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 19:37:09 -0400, "cindys"
> wrote:

>"Meghan Noecker" > wrote in message
>snip
>>
>> A couple weeks ago, I found an ad for a free Burnese Mountain Dog
>> puppy. Three months old. Supposedly moving to a warmer climate. The
>> photo was so cute. And I really want a Bernese mountain Dog. But I
>> cannot get another dog right now. So, I spent several days looking at
>> a photo of a dog I cannot have.
>----------
>Don't think you're alone in this. I too spend time looking at online
>pictures of dogs and cats at local rescue shelters who are available for
>adoption, and whom I would love to adopt but just can't. (I have five cats).
>Why do we torment ourselves like this?

I don't know. I made this horrible agreememt almost two years ago that
I would not get any more pets until I move out. I currently rent the
basement from my parents. It works out well for me, and we take care
of each other's pets.

I made this agreement so that my mom could adopt a cat she liked at
the shelter. She also agreed no more pets and she would spay the dog,
which she did.

When I made the agreement, I had Jay Jay and Kira along with my dog,
Jenny. I had no idea that Kira was going to die so young. And now
Jenny is showing her age (14). So, it is now possible that I could be
done to only one pet soon. I've had at least 2 pets since I was 10
years old (24 years). I've had 3 pets (2 cats and a dog) from age 14
to 34 with a brief spike at 3 cats and a dog.

I'm really not used to this. When thet puppy showed up, I showed the
photo to my mom and asked her why I torture myself. In all honesty, I
was hoping that she would talk to my dad (I recently learned that she
did) and that he might let me off the agreement (not a word). I really
don't want to ask, because I meant it when I agreed. And he has really
put up with a lot from us. He was not an animal lover when he met my
mom, and he ended up with a wife, 3 kids, and a grandson, who all love
animals. He pays for all the food, cleans the yard, helps with the
feeding, etc. And he rarely complains. But we know he has always
thought we have too many.

Suki
April 24th 07, 05:02 AM
Hi,

I am new to the group, and have benefited daily from the collected
knowledge of this group. Thank you!

I have been owned by my black and white Tuxedo, Suki, for two months.
Without being able to search past posts or read through current posts,
I think I would have driven Suki and David (spouse) crazy over the
past two months.

When Suki chose us I was looking for a blue-eyed, Siamese-Tabby mix.
Before now, I never considered owning a black - with character white
markings and terrific white whiskers (I think she looks like an angel
fish sometimes) cat. And now, I can't believe what an intelligient
and strong cat she is! I think somewhere along the way I had
subconsiously subscrived to some of the negative press around black
cats.

While not a lap cat, Suki likes to sit beside me on my chair and watch
movies, and likes to lay beside us througout the night.

I would like to share a picture of my sweet-pea, but am stil ltruing
to figure that out.

Thanks again!

SMS

Barry
April 24th 07, 05:12 AM
On Apr 24, 12:02 am, Suki > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to the group, and have benefited daily from the collected
> knowledge of this group. Thank you!
>
> I have been owned by my black and white Tuxedo, Suki, for two months.
> Without being able to search past posts or read through current posts,
> I think I would have driven Suki and David (spouse) crazy over the
> past two months.
>
> When Suki chose us I was looking for a blue-eyed, Siamese-Tabby mix.
> Before now, I never considered owning a black - with character white
> markings and terrific white whiskers (I think she looks like an angel
> fish sometimes) cat. And now, I can't believe what an intelligient
> and strong cat she is! I think somewhere along the way I had
> subconsiously subscrived to some of the negative press around black
> cats.
>
> While not a lap cat, Suki likes to sit beside me on my chair and watch
> movies, and likes to lay beside us througout the night.
>
> I would like to share a picture of my sweet-pea, but am stil ltruing
> to figure that out.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> SMS

The **** is your problem

that's what you might hear if someone disagrees with you, as nobody is
watching us.. we can post what we like.

Welcome

cybercat
April 24th 07, 05:13 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Apr 24, 12:02 am, Suki > wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to the group, and have benefited daily from the collected
>> knowledge of this group. Thank you!
>>
>> I have been owned by my black and white Tuxedo, Suki, for two months.
>> Without being able to search past posts or read through current posts,
>> I think I would have driven Suki and David (spouse) crazy over the
>> past two months.
>>
>> When Suki chose us I was looking for a blue-eyed, Siamese-Tabby mix.
>> Before now, I never considered owning a black - with character white
>> markings and terrific white whiskers (I think she looks like an angel
>> fish sometimes) cat. And now, I can't believe what an intelligient
>> and strong cat she is! I think somewhere along the way I had
>> subconsiously subscrived to some of the negative press around black
>> cats.
>>
>> While not a lap cat, Suki likes to sit beside me on my chair and watch
>> movies, and likes to lay beside us througout the night.
>>
>> I would like to share a picture of my sweet-pea, but am stil ltruing
>> to figure that out.
>>
>> Thanks again!
>>
>> SMS
>

> The **** is your problem

>: /

jmc
April 24th 07, 11:29 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Cheryl exclaimed (22-Apr-07 11:00 AM):
> On Sat 21 Apr 2007 07:25:23p, cybercat wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:
>
>> Yes, it really sucks looking at cat pictures, doesn't it?!
>
> LOL! It was sad though. Because black cats are often the ones that no
> one wants to adopt, the search resulted in many pictures from rescue
> groups looking for adopters. Even the one I posted was from a site
> that listed lost and found animals. Some several years old, and I
> hope they were found, though only a few had "FOUND" annotations
> across the pics. :(

You must be in the US, where black cats are bad luck. Fortunately, I
have a *lucky* black cat, as she's British... :)

Lots and lots of black cats in England. But they still have to keep 'em
all inside (Meep's already an indoor cat) during Halloween.

jmc

Barry
April 24th 07, 08:27 PM
On Apr 24, 6:29 am, jmc > wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, Cheryl exclaimed (22-Apr-07 11:00 AM):
>
> > On Sat 21 Apr 2007 07:25:23p, cybercat wrote in
> > rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:
>
> >> Yes, it really sucks looking at cat pictures, doesn't it?!
>
> > LOL! It was sad though. Because black cats are often the ones that no
> > one wants to adopt, the search resulted in many pictures from rescue
> > groups looking for adopters. Even the one I posted was from a site
> > that listed lost and found animals. Some several years old, and I
> > hope they were found, though only a few had "FOUND" annotations
> > across the pics. :(
>
> You must be in the US, where black cats are bad luck. Fortunately, I
> have a *lucky* black cat, as she's British... :)
>
> Lots and lots of black cats in England. But they still have to keep 'em
> all inside (Meep's already an indoor cat) during Halloween.
>
> jmc

im just tossing this out here...
does the word propensity mean anything to you?
it's not a bad thing

Cat Protector
April 27th 07, 08:37 AM
I'm in the U.S. and consider my black cat to be good luck.

--

"jmc" > wrote in message
> You must be in the US, where black cats are bad luck. Fortunately, I have
> a *lucky* black cat, as she's British... :)
>
> Lots and lots of black cats in England. But they still have to keep 'em
> all inside (Meep's already an indoor cat) during Halloween.
>
> jmc

Lilah Morgan
April 27th 07, 05:15 PM
I have a black cat(well all black 'cept for little white patches on his hind
toes), and he's not bad luck. He has tendencies to be idiotic every now and
then, but I love him all the more for it. He makes me laugh. Oh and Hi all
from a newbie.

cybercat
April 27th 07, 05:20 PM
"Lilah Morgan" > wrote in message
ink.net...
>I have a black cat(well all black 'cept for little white patches on his
>hind
> toes), and he's not bad luck. He has tendencies to be idiotic every now
> and
> then, but I love him all the more for it. He makes me laugh. Oh and Hi all
> from a newbie.

I have an English aunt who brings me back black cat keychains and such when
she goes home, because they are good luck in England!

Cat Protector
April 28th 07, 06:28 AM
Have you ever saved your cats whiskers? I often save my black cat's whiskers
when she sheds them so I'll always have continued good luck.