PDA

View Full Version : New Recall by Royal Canin Canada

blkcatgal
April 22nd 07, 05:31 PM
Please see www.itchmo.com for the latest recall. Appears this may just
involve Canadian products but I am not sure.

UPDATE: The toxin found in these foods is cyanuric acid - not melamine. This
is the first recall attributed to cyanuric acid.
Royal Canin has discovered a new contaminant in rice gluten. This
contaminant is cyanuric acid, which is chemically related to, but distinct
from, melamine.

ORIGINAL POST: Due to contaminated rice protein concentrate, Royal Canin has
recalled the following cat and dog products from Canada on Friday:

a.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine EARLY CARDIAC
b.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine SENSITIVITY RC (Rice and Catfish)
c.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine SKIN SUPPORT
d.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline HYPOALLERGENIC HP
e.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline SENSITIVITY RD (Rice and Duck)

blkcatgal
April 22nd 07, 05:38 PM
Apparently these are some the same foods as were previously
recalled....Royal Canin is changing the toxin that they found....it's not
melamine but cyanuric acid.

S.

"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
> Please see www.itchmo.com for the latest recall. Appears this may just
> involve Canadian products but I am not sure.
>
> UPDATE: The toxin found in these foods is cyanuric acid - not melamine.
> This is the first recall attributed to cyanuric acid.
> Royal Canin has discovered a new contaminant in rice gluten. This
> contaminant is cyanuric acid, which is chemically related to, but distinct
> from, melamine.
>
> ORIGINAL POST: Due to contaminated rice protein concentrate, Royal Canin
> has recalled the following cat and dog products from Canada on Friday:
>
> a.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine EARLY CARDIAC
> b.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine SENSITIVITY RC (Rice and Catfish)
> c.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine SKIN SUPPORT
> d.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline HYPOALLERGENIC HP
> e.. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline SENSITIVITY RD (Rice and Duck)

Meghan Noecker
April 23rd 07, 08:17 AM
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:38:41 -0400, "blkcatgal"
> wrote:

>Apparently these are some the same foods as were previously
>recalled....Royal Canin is changing the toxin that they found....it's not
>melamine but cyanuric acid.

As I understand it, cyanuric acid is a byproduct of melamine.