PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Fabric Softeners?

MoMo via CatKB.com
April 23rd 07, 02:48 PM
I am just curious if anyone else's cats love fabric softener as much as one
of mine does. Whenever I bring up my freshly washed laundry from the
basement, my cat Trouble is waiting by the door and jumps into the laundry
basket as soon as I put in on the floor. He will cuddle up and sleep in
there for quite some time. Now, I used to think it was because the clothes
are nice and warm (which I am sure is part of it) but I also notice that
whenever a loose fabric softener falls on the ground, he will wrap it around
himself and just smell it. I take it away from him because I am nervous
about the chemicals in it and that turns into a quite a fight. Also, when I
put on a clean shirt that still smells of the fabric softener, he will jump
on my lap and just bury his nose in my shirt and knead away. Does this sound
familiar to anyone else?

CatNipped
April 23rd 07, 03:59 PM
"MoMo via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>I am just curious if anyone else's cats love fabric softener as much as one
> of mine does. Whenever I bring up my freshly washed laundry from the
> basement, my cat Trouble is waiting by the door and jumps into the laundry
> basket as soon as I put in on the floor. He will cuddle up and sleep in
> there for quite some time. Now, I used to think it was because the
> clothes
> are nice and warm (which I am sure is part of it) but I also notice that
> whenever a loose fabric softener falls on the ground, he will wrap it
> around
> himself and just smell it. I take it away from him because I am nervous
> about the chemicals in it and that turns into a quite a fight. Also, when
> put on a clean shirt that still smells of the fabric softener, he will
> jump
> on my lap and just bury his nose in my shirt and knead away. Does this
> sound
> familiar to anyone else?

Yep, my Bandit does the same thing. When I put freshely laundered sheets on
my bed there are usually a couple of fabric softener sheets that fall on the
floor. She rolls around on them as if they were catnip.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Barry
April 24th 07, 02:53 AM
On Apr 23, 10:59 am, "CatNipped" > wrote:

> Yep, my Bandit does the same thing. When I put freshely laundered sheets on
> my bed there are usually a couple of fabric softener sheets that fall on the
> floor. She rolls around on them as if they were catnip.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

one way I eat Jupiter up, I like to smell her between her shoulders...
Im not sure where she picked it up, but she smells like clean linens
or something. I don't know where the hell she picked that up. lol..

She likes it when I munch on her, she just waits and waits.. soaking
it up.
She loves it. She wags her tail between munches.

One day.. she was laying facing me almost eye to eye. we had been
asleep. I thought.. what a perfect creature.. then she yawned.. she
had some serious dog breathe. lol.. so much for perfection.

I think my cat anthro-fe-morphosizes a lot

cybercat
April 24th 07, 02:57 AM
"Barry" > wrote

> one way I eat Jupiter up, I like to smell her between her shoulders...
> Im not sure where she picked it up, but she smells like clean linens
> or something. I don't know where the hell she picked that up. lol..

Gracie smells good there too. Like clean hair, sort of.

> She likes it when I munch on her, she just waits and waits.. soaking
> it up.
> She loves it. She wags her tail between munches.
>
> One day.. she was laying facing me almost eye to eye. we had been
> asleep. I thought.. what a perfect creature.. then she yawned.. she
> had some serious dog breathe. lol.. so much for perfection.
>
> I think my cat anthro-fe-morphosizes a lot

hahaha!