PDA

View Full Version : Can computers smell... how will..

Barry
April 24th 07, 04:26 AM
this revolutionize the way we interact with one another, LOL

think I'm joking? oh no... it's weelll under-way.. computers being
able to smell.
It's no joke. I'm using the wrong terminology. I watched a doc on the
subj.

The immediate application is for sampling perfumes and foods and stuff
on the internet.

I suppose any new participant in this technology would arm their
computer with a scent bank
in the same way a computer is armed with a wave table (is used to
generate sound).

but to smell? hell! you could track down a criminal with "ZOT THE
SNIFFING ROBOT"

who knows

Barry
April 24th 07, 04:27 AM
On Apr 23, 11:26 pm, Barry > wrote:
> this revolutionize the way we interact with one another, LOL
>
> think I'm joking? oh no... it's weelll under-way.. computers being
> able to smell.
> It's no joke. I'm using the wrong terminology. I watched a doc on the
> subj.
>
> The immediate application is for sampling perfumes and foods and stuff
> on the internet.
>
> I suppose any new participant in this technology would arm their
> computer with a scent bank
> in the same way a computer is armed with a wave table (is used to
> generate sound).
>
> but to smell? hell! you could track down a criminal with "ZOT THE
> SNIFFING ROBOT"
>
> who knows

meant to put this in the food group